Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter [Aethestode]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Bulbasaur start with Solar Beam to match the Manga?
Yes 3,244 88.90%
No 405 11.10%
Voters: 3649. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 13th, 2013 (06:56 AM).
TheArchangle

I wish you wouldn't include Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon along with Fairy type, it ruins it in my opinion because it doesn't feel like Red's adventure at that point because it's all so different with all this stuff. Keeping it vanilla would be a good thing when it comes to a hack like this imo.
Old August 13th, 2013 (07:32 AM).

Where and how to complete Abandoned Gym Chapter
Old August 13th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
Champ Kwelvo

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by Bigdaddyprados:
How do you distract the Magmar in the museum in Pewter City?
just talk to the rock at the left bottom and you get a burned fossil en then go to the magmar and then you can battle it but dont look at the burned fossil in key items cause it freezez your game

ps: sorry for my bad english i'm dutch
Old August 13th, 2013 (10:49 AM). Edited August 13th, 2013 by Bigdaddyprados.
That One Guy

How do you use the Itemfinder because, every time I go to select it the game freezes?!?
What do? As far as I know I can't get Surf without it!
Old August 13th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
n00b

Nature: Lonely
Is there a physical/special split in this?

Pokemon Snakewood Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Emerald Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Dark Energy: Click Here :D
Old August 13th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
That One Guy

Quote originally posted by Soar:
Is there a physical/special split in this?
I don't think so because it is based off a Gen III game.
Old August 13th, 2013 (06:36 PM).

Nature: Naughty
I see you included fairy type. Would you be inserting mega evolutions as well? Not sure what you mean by all pokemon are obtainable. If any legendaries are in, make it mewtwo with its mega form.
Old August 13th, 2013 (06:41 PM). Edited August 13th, 2013 by kwevlo.
Champ Kwelvo

Quote originally posted by Mattysoxfan:
I see you included fairy type. Would you be inserting mega evolutions as well? Not sure what you mean by all pokemon are obtainable. If any legendaries are in, make it mewtwo with its mega form.
i also think that but just a normal mewtwo and that you can change it with a mega stone

_____________________________________________________________________________________

rockmanmegaman is the lake monster chapter complete in beta 5? the lake monster is swampart right?
Old August 13th, 2013 (08:53 PM).

I've played all of beta 3 and I have got to say that I really enjoy your hack. It's a blast to play and faithful to the manga; can't ask for more than that. The second I have time I'll make my run through beta 4 which I'm sure is just as great.

One comment about the Eeveelutions, is there any way to have them evolve straight into each other rather than go through Eevee first (i.e. Vaporeon evolve into Flareon through fire stone)? The 5 evolution limit I think is the main factor, but seeing as the newer pokemon were glitchy taking out Glaceon and Leafeon is probably going to happen anyways, meaning it comes down to never seeing Eevee again. Just an idea I had.

Anyways keep up the great work man and good luck with the rest, I'm looking forward to it.
Old August 13th, 2013 (11:54 PM). Edited August 13th, 2013 by Aethestode.
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by playplayj:
I wish you wouldn't include Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon along with Fairy type, it ruins it in my opinion because it doesn't feel like Red's adventure at that point because it's all so different with all this stuff. Keeping it vanilla would be a good thing when it comes to a hack like this imo.
Yeah, I wouldn't add more.

Quote originally posted by longshotx17:
I've played all of beta 3 and I have got to say that I really enjoy your hack. It's a blast to play and faithful to the manga; can't ask for more than that. The second I have time I'll make my run through beta 4 which I'm sure is just as great.

One comment about the Eeveelutions, is there any way to have them evolve straight into each other rather than go through Eevee first (i.e. Vaporeon evolve into Flareon through fire stone)? The 5 evolution limit I think is the main factor, but seeing as the newer pokemon were glitchy taking out Glaceon and Leafeon is probably going to happen anyways, meaning it comes down to never seeing Eevee again. Just an idea I had.

Anyways keep up the great work man and good luck with the rest, I'm looking forward to it.
Glaceon and Leafeon would still be in the game. I'm just taking out the new moves for Beta 5. However, I'm currently thinking whether to give EEVEE the ability to evolve into Glaceon or Leafeon. If I take them out, then yeah, I'll make it so that they can evolve straight to each other.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-oEFcKU0&list=UUppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old August 14th, 2013 (12:03 AM).
Champ Kwelvo

Quote originally posted by rockmanmegaman:
Yeah, I wouldn't add more.

Glaceon and Leafeon would still be in the game. I'm just taking out the new moves for Beta 5. However, I'm currently thinking whether to give EEVEE the ability to evolve into Glaceon or Leafeon. If I take them out, then yeah, I'll make it so that they can evolve straight to each other.
how many chapters are u going to make for beta 5

PS: i think the shadow moves are awsome thinking keep up the great work
Old August 14th, 2013 (10:02 AM).
Red Special Creator

AWESOME !!
I'VE BEEN EXPECTING THIS COMING!
Old August 14th, 2013 (10:13 AM).

sorry I dont know if its just me but when i battle gary in the kangaskhan story it restarts?
on beta 4.5
Old August 14th, 2013 (03:10 PM).

I'd wait until more information on the Fairy type comes out before assuming all of it's strengths and weaknesses. Otherwise, I'm excited for this game!
Old August 14th, 2013 (10:54 PM).

Nature: Brave
Well here comes more findings??
Firstly I am concerned about a strange creature in Cerulean city which eats people?? I saw a boy just before Bill's Rattata chapter who is taken inside the water just before our very eyes.. Man that is creepy... Is it an event or what because i don't know what to do next ??
Secondly I started battling Green in Celadon city. In the manga our Bulbasaur evolves after battling her Wartortle. Been saving my Bulbasaur for that event. Just wanna know if I have to evolve it before Battling her or do it after battling??
Oh I almost forgot I caught a Shiny Spearow in the grass area inside Cycling race.. Here is the screenie :

Old August 15th, 2013 (02:23 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Cool Spearow :D i want one too
Old August 15th, 2013 (04:30 AM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by Aethestode.
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by dannyngn999:
sorry I dont know if its just me but when i battle gary in the kangaskhan story it restarts?
on beta 4.5
Yeah, that's one of the problem the keep arising in beta 4 and 4.5 The game would some reset when u battle trainer. Just makie sure u save state a lot. I'm currently fixin it for beta 5.

Quote originally posted by kwevlo:
how many chapters are u going to make for beta 5

PS: i think the shadow moves are awsome thinking keep up the great work
At least 8 chapters. I didn't like how beta 2 ony had like 2 new chapters. So, I'll try to do at least 8 chapters.

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Firstly I am concerned about a strange creature in Cerulean city which eats people?? I saw a boy just before Bill's Rattata chapter who is taken inside the water just before our very eyes.. Man that is creepy... Is it an event or what because i don't know what to do next ??
Secondly I started battling Green in Celadon city. In the manga our Bulbasaur evolves after battling her Wartortle. Been saving my Bulbasaur for that event. Just wanna know if I have to evolve it before Battling her or do it after battling??
Oh I almost forgot I caught a Shiny Spearow in the grass area inside Cycling race.. Here is the screenie :

The creature that eats people is an event for the side chapter Water Monster chapter. I introduecd the chapter in BEta 1, but didn't have time to finish ti because main chapter is my number 1 prio. However, I've already dropped hint in the game on what exactly is the monster.

It doesn't matter whether you have bulbasaur or ivysaur evolves or not. The cutscene will just change a bit.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-oEFcKU0&list=UUppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppO2JvMl3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Old August 15th, 2013 (05:03 AM).
Amateur Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
um... bro there's a tile error in the Pallet Town

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...............\
Old August 15th, 2013 (05:14 AM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by JimWolvie.

Nature: Sassy
There're some glitches in the Eevee Errands chapter:
1. After talking to Erika, the bicycle won't 'work' <it's like you're walking normaly> and the riding sprite & some tilesets look very weird.
2. The same happens after I capture Eevee.
3. When I came back to Celadon City, I found that I got 2 Eevees, one in my team and one in the box. Both of them hold Sun Stone.
I still encounter the Rocket Cloth glitch too so that it won't let me use Good Rod or Itemfinder.
And I have some questions for you: Why is Snorlax fairy type? Where is Saffron City? Why does PC always show Someone's PC instead of Bill's PC even I've already helped him?
Old August 15th, 2013 (05:18 AM).

Nature: Brave
OK Thanks for the reply..
Another question is in the original Manga, RED owns a male Pikachu but in my case when I encountered it, it was always female no matter how many times I reset the save
Old August 15th, 2013 (08:39 AM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by kwevlo.
Champ Kwelvo

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:

awesome spearow i caught myself a shiny snorlax in celadon city and the lake monster is a swampart

Quote originally posted by rockmanmegaman:
Yeah, that's one of the problem the keep arising in beta 4 and 4.5 The game would some reset when u battle trainer. Just makie sure u save state a lot. I'm currently fixin it for beta 5.

At least 8 chapters. I didn't like how beta 2 ony had like 2 new chapters. So, I'll try to do at least 8 chapters.

The creature that eats people is an event for the side chapter Water Monster chapter. I introduecd the chapter in BEta 1, but didn't have time to finish ti because main chapter is my number 1 prio. However, I've already dropped hint in the game on what exactly is the monster.

It doesn't matter whether you have bulbasaur or ivysaur evolves or not. The cutscene will just change a bit.
awsome 8 new chapters and thanks for the reply
Old August 15th, 2013 (09:56 AM).

I have a question, do you have any plans to use the daynight system???

Maybe you can make some memories in night of afternoons, idk
you are making an excelente Job with This hack and the speed of the updates, Just Incredible

and the fly hm Will be aviable soon?
Old August 15th, 2013 (11:57 AM).
Champ Kwelvo

Quote originally posted by GiuseppeAguilar:
I have a question, do you have any plans to use the daynight system???

Maybe you can make some memories in night of afternoons, idk
you are making an excelente Job with This hack and the speed of the updates, Just Incredible

and the fly hm Will be aviable soon?
you can get hm fly north from cycling road from the lady in the house with the fearow

PS: sorry for my bad english i'm dutch
Old August 15th, 2013 (06:55 PM).

Bug report: It seems that whenever I enter a double battle with only one pokemon, the pokemon is weirdly duplicated for the duration of the fight. Upon experiencing this glitch, I decided that I wouldn't like to fight against two flying type pokemon with my ivysaur, so I used a revive on my pikachu. When one of the duplicate ivysaurs fainted, I sent out my newly revived pikachu. I kept fighting, but the ivysaur had disappeared, and was given the name togepi, but was completely invisible. It had the moveset of the ivysaur though. Anyway, after the battle, I kept fighting like normal with the pikachu until I got to the next town, saved, and healed up. It was at this point I had noticed that my entire party besides my pikachu was entirely replaced with level 17 togepis. Uh, if you could fix that whole double battle with only one alive pokemon bit, that'd be great. Kthx.
Old August 15th, 2013 (07:16 PM).

Quote originally posted by kwevlo:
you can get hm fly north from cycling road from the lady in the house with the fearow

PS: sorry for my bad english i'm dutch
Sorry but the hm isn't there, i checked the script with the avanced Map, so i'll keep looking fir it
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links