The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Bulbasaur start with Solar Beam to match the Manga?
Yes 2,937 88.92%
No 366 11.08%
Voters: 3303. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM
kwevlo
Champ Kwelvo

Nature: Bashful
Rockmanmegaman are u also going to upload screen shots of the new chapters if they done
like u did before?
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
piscaso

Wow...
This is gonna be awesome!!!
The resets kinda ruin it...
Gonna wait a while for this to grow and improve!
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...............\
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:55 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaou View Post
Bug report: It seems that whenever I enter a double battle with only one pokemon, the pokemon is weirdly duplicated for the duration of the fight. Upon experiencing this glitch, I decided that I wouldn't like to fight against two flying type pokemon with my ivysaur, so I used a revive on my pikachu. When one of the duplicate ivysaurs fainted, I sent out my newly revived pikachu. I kept fighting, but the ivysaur had disappeared, and was given the name togepi, but was completely invisible. It had the moveset of the ivysaur though. Anyway, after the battle, I kept fighting like normal with the pikachu until I got to the next town, saved, and healed up. It was at this point I had noticed that my entire party besides my pikachu was entirely replaced with level 17 togepis. Uh, if you could fix that whole double battle with only one alive pokemon bit, that'd be great. Kthx.
I don't think this is a glitch. You can see in all hacks that this happens when you use a single poke in a double battle, they always get duplicated.

My question here : I have finished the Mew chapter in Celadon but now I am clueless about the Eevee chapter where I could catch it as well as Erika is not present in the gym. Another question is how can I get HM Cut as there are certain areas where I need it
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM
kwevlo
Champ Kwelvo

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I don't think this is a glitch. You can see in all hacks that this happens when you use a single poke in a double battle, they always get duplicated.

My question here : I have finished the Mew chapter in Celadon but now I am clueless about the Eevee chapter where I could catch it as well as Erika is not present in the gym. Another question is how can I get HM Cut as there are certain areas where I need it
erika is at the end of cycling road and you get cut automatically when doing the eevee chapter
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM
alienhunterx

Yeah I realized that when I reached there. Just a concern about grinding team as there is no good place for training. The VS seeker is also not activating near any trainer. All of my team is at Lv 33 while the Eevee I got is at Lv 20. Need a place to make it level up quickly
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:35 AM
JimWolvie

Nature: Sassy
^How cute. My team is at lv. 40+ when I receive Vee...
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM
MegaPolitoet

Since my mother language isn't English, if I use some wrong words please forgive me.

I have (maybe) completed 4.5. It's a very interesting game. Thanks for your efforts. And expecting the 5.

I have some questions.
1. What is the "Frozen Fortress Chapter"? I have no impression about this so that I'm confused if I have already complete 4.5. Is it mean the Articuno Chapter? However when I reached Seafoam Islands, an NPC told me I'd complete but I didn't fight aganist Team Rocket.

2. Can I make my Poliwhirl evolve into a Politoed? What should I do?

3. Why can't I find a Lava Cookie in Celadon City?

4. Do the bonus chapter in bold like "Walker Farm Chapter, SYLVEON Chapter, Secret of Joy Chapter" mean it's available in 4.5?
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWolvie View Post
There're some glitches in the Eevee Errands chapter:
1. After talking to Erika, the bicycle won't 'work' <it's like you're walking normaly> and the riding sprite & some tilesets look very weird.
2. The same happens after I capture Eevee.
3. When I came back to Celadon City, I found that I got 2 Eevees, one in my team and one in the box. Both of them hold Sun Stone.
I still encounter the Rocket Cloth glitch too so that it won't let me use Good Rod or Itemfinder.
And I have some questions for you: Why is Snorlax fairy type? Where is Saffron City? Why does PC always show Someone's PC instead of Bill's PC even I've already helped him?
1) I'll fix it.
2) Okay
3) I already address it before, and said it would be fixed for Beta 5.
4) Did you patch with a clean US rom, and start a new save file.
5) Snorlax reminds me of totoro
6) Saffron city isn't playable when I said it only goes up to Articuno chapter?
7) Bill gives you the national pokedex, not change the PC name.

Quote:
OK Thanks for the reply..
Another question is in the original Manga, RED owns a male Pikachu but in my case when I encountered it, it was always female no matter how many times I reset the save
It's fixed for Beta 5, don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiuseppeAguilar View Post
I have a question, do you have any plans to use the daynight system???

Maybe you can make some memories in night of afternoons, idk
you are making an excelente Job with This hack and the speed of the updates, Just Incredible

and the fly hm Will be aviable soon?
Nah, I'm not going to make day night system. I'll do it for my next project but not this one. This game is too far in development for a new gimmick.

Well in the manga, RED never got FLY, so I'm sticking with it now. It's easier for me to script, as fly would make the order of event different. But yeah, FLY would be available in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaou View Post
Bug report: It seems that whenever I enter a double battle with only one pokemon, the pokemon is weirdly duplicated for the duration of the fight. Upon experiencing this glitch, I decided that I wouldn't like to fight against two flying type pokemon with my ivysaur, so I used a revive on my pikachu. When one of the duplicate ivysaurs fainted, I sent out my newly revived pikachu. I kept fighting, but the ivysaur had disappeared, and was given the name togepi, but was completely invisible. It had the moveset of the ivysaur though. Anyway, after the battle, I kept fighting like normal with the pikachu until I got to the next town, saved, and healed up. It was at this point I had noticed that my entire party besides my pikachu was entirely replaced with level 17 togepis. Uh, if you could fix that whole double battle with only one alive pokemon bit, that'd be great. Kthx.
Sure, I'll fix it soon, it's because I removed the restriction of the need of 2 pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwevlo View Post
Rockmanmegaman are u also going to upload screen shots of the new chapters if they done
like u did before?
I've started development on 5, but i have to start over due to the terrible terrible glitch. So, I haven't made any new chapters yet, but I get to fix up a lot of glitches.

As soon as I start the new chapters, I'll upload them, which will b saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaPolitoet View Post
Since my mother language isn't English, if I use some wrong words please forgive me.

I have (maybe) completed 4.5. It's a very interesting game. Thanks for your efforts. And expecting the 5.

I have some questions.
1. What is the "Frozen Fortress Chapter"? I have no impression about this so that I'm confused if I have already complete 4.5. Is it mean the Articuno Chapter? However when I reached Seafoam Islands, an NPC told me I'd complete but I didn't fight aganist Team Rocket.

2. Can I make my Poliwhirl evolve into a Politoed? What should I do?

3. Why can't I find a Lava Cookie in Celadon City?

4. Do the bonus chapter in bold like "Walker Farm Chapter, SYLVEON Chapter, Secret of Joy Chapter" mean it's available in 4.5?
That's the only part of Frozen Fortress chapter available.
The NPC added there were just Easter Eggs, as I was high on watching GLEE.
Yes you can, but event wouldn't show POLITOAD.
They're not available yet. Although, their coding is already in the game.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpp...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig

Last edited by Aethestode; August 18th, 2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 18th, 2013, 07:53 AM
JimWolvie

Nature: Sassy
Yes, I patch beta 4.5 on a clean rom and start a new save file. Now I'm stuck in the Deep Sea Search Chapter

Last edited by JimWolvie; August 18th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:31 PM
MegaPolitoet

So how can I evolve a Poliwhirl into a Politoed? Communication exchange isn't available in this version.
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaPolitoet View Post
So how can I evolve a Poliwhirl into a Politoed? Communication exchange isn't available in this version.
I forgot whether I've changed it yet. Anyway, check whether Sun Stone evolve Poliwhirl to Politoad.
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:03 AM
MegaPolitoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
I forgot whether I've changed it yet. Anyway, check whether Sun Stone evolve Poliwhirl to Politoad.
Hmm, the sun stone isn't effective.
But thanks to that the savfile is general between the hack and the origin rom, I just used the normal method to get a Politoed sucessfully.
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:19 PM
alienhunterx

Here are some of the bugs I found recently. Currently at Route 15 battling trainers :

As you see you have to battle the twins here on Route 15. But the original were below but I battled the above. When I come back there she was not there.

This trainer has two Lv 27 Oddish but strangely one Lv 8 Gloom. ( How come??)

Yay I can walk here even can ride a bike here. The area is inside Safari Zone.

Also another bug... Each time I pass through the point in Safari Zone, the event of Nidoking attacking our Pidgey Bot re occurs again. Kindly see that too
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Finishing fixing all the gltich. Now I can finally continue to making new chapters.

I also included a changelog for Beta 5.

Quote:
Here are some of the bugs I found recently. Currently at Route 15 battling trainers :

As you see you have to battle the twins here on Route 15. But the original were below but I battled the above. When I come back there she was not there.

This trainer has two Lv 27 Oddish but strangely one Lv 8 Gloom. ( How come??)

Yay I can walk here even can ride a bike here. The area is inside Safari Zone.

Also another bug... Each time I pass through the point in Safari Zone, the event of Nidoking attacking our Pidgey Bot re occurs again. Kindly see that too
Cool, fixed for Beta 5.

Last edited by Aethestode; August 20th, 2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Why are Golden Teeth removed?
And if you remove shadow and fairy moves in beta 5 because they caused bugs will you add them again later
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:04 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Found some more small glitch's whenever you get to the dome Fossil in your key item list the game freeze's because of this I am unable to use item finder as it is further down the list do I need to use the Item-finder to finish the deep sea chapter.

Also I cannot locate the vermillion gym to activate the abandoned gym chapter is it still in the Vermillion city?

I support
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:21 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
And if you remove shadow and fairy moves in beta 5 because they caused bugs will you add them again later
Yeah that thing worried me for half an hour as I aimlessly searched Safari Zone again and again only to found that I got them already through some invisible force..
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Tofutheenderman

So far i'm enjoying the game, got my first 2 badges and everything seems to be smooth. The only problem that i have is that Fairy attacks do less then a -6 Scratch...Hope you can fix this as well for Beta 5. Those moves looks very promising but they do squad atm.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:07 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Finished Frozen Fortress Chapter. I have uploaded the screenshots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
Found some more small glitch's whenever you get to the dome Fossil in your key item list the game freeze's because of this I am unable to use item finder as it is further down the list do I need to use the Item-finder to finish the deep sea chapter.

Also I cannot locate the vermillion gym to activate the abandoned gym chapter is it still in the Vermillion city?
You don't need item finder, just go and press A on every tile to find HM surf.

Vermillion Gym is still in Vermillion City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Why shouldn't I remove Golden Teeth? It's not needed.

Last edited by Aethestode; August 23rd, 2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
You don't need item finder, just go and press A on every tile to find HM surf.
Vermillion Gym is still in Vermillion City.
Thanks I will make sure to press A on every tile.
Also I will double check Vermillion city if I still cannot find it I will PM you the screenshots of the entire city.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Nice new pictures always love to see james and jessie in a hack
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:51 PM
pokemontrainerroxas
Pokemon Hack Player

Nature: Adamant
I killed pikachu on accident and i havet saved what do i do?
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
Thanks I will make sure to press A on every tile.
Also I will double check Vermillion city if I still cannot find it I will PM you the screenshots of the entire city.
Finding it is actually pretty simple. Just keep on traveling south. At the end of the place you will find a big Rock. Go on it and use Item Finder. It will direct you the location of HM Surf. Just press A button and poof it's yours
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:40 AM
llRenll

I'm trapped ^-^' I saved beside the Pokemon Center, and since then I only can play Chansey (yeyy xD) in the cave or Red in Cave .__.' (Fuchsia City) I don't know if this was already posted, sorry.
But for now, my Pokemon Adventure ended here ._. I hope it will be fixed in the next beta version
btw I used the newest Version.
If you want to see a screenshot, mail me, I can't here after 15 posts

Ren ~ :3
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Finding it is actually pretty simple. Just keep on traveling south. At the end of the place you will find a big Rock. Go on it and use Item Finder. It will direct you the location of HM Surf. Just press A button and poof it's yours
I found it but I actually could not use the item finder since it is near the bottom of my list of Key items and whenever I pass the Root fossil it freezes.

@rockmanmegaman
Did you mean to make the abandoned gym a place you can only get to if you use walk through walls

Also after getting the Pikachu Ash's it said go to Lavander tower, I went to the top and nothing happened is there something else I am supposed to do?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links