The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Bulbasaur start with Solar Beam to match the Manga?
Yes 2,661 88.64%
No 341 11.36%
Voters: 3002. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

There's another freeze that I found. After u battle surge on S.S. Ann & u walk off & find the people from the poke club in fron of you, when u talk to the old guy he freezes the game & when u try 2 talk 2 some1 else they don't do anything.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I have mixed opinions with myself on Bulbasaur starting with Solarbeam. The vote is a clear resounding yes, and the reason I can think of specifically for this is that Bulbasaur can learn the move via TM. Ivysaur otherwise learns it naturally at Lv.44, so we can assume that Bulbasaur - already knowing it - learned the move via TM22. The thing that we have to consider is that moves learned should match the manga as well, so changes in the movelists might be needed to accommodate moves it might not normally learn naturally.

If this were based on the anime, I would say no, it doesn't know Solarbeam and learns it in "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden"; however, I do not know the manga and will trust that it already knows the move there.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 21st, 2013, 06:30 PM
Ohlookzero

Not touching this till its complete, but from everything i've seen and heard great job!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 04:00 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
There's another freeze that I found. After u battle surge on S.S. Ann & u walk off & find the people from the poke club in fron of you, when u talk to the old guy he freezes the game & when u try 2 talk 2 some1 else they don't do anything.
Yeah, that's as far as the beta goes.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:05 AM
GozetaGX
Just a passerby Trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
I though beta 1.7 reach the bike event o3o...
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:08 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Why isn't he scripted to say that's the end of the beta instead of completely freezing things, then?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:45 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Why isn't he scripted to say that's the end of the beta instead of completely freezing things, then?

Cyclone
Simple explanation. I didn't thought of it =(.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Simple explanation. I didn't thought of it =(.
How about taking a copy of whatever you have now, adding that in on the guy, and then uploading the IPS of that copy with the blockade? That way you don't mess up the working copy.

Cyclone

Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
yoman7907
Unhatched Egg

You know whats funny, I just started reading the menga like 3 days ago... Lolz, only on chapter 14.
Old April 24th, 2013, 02:15 AM
MrEccentricGamer
Unhatched Egg

man this looks sooooo good! loved the manga whilst i was growing up as a child so it will be good to play it and get back some nostalgia cant wait for this to be complete, not going to touch it until then :D keep up the good work!!!
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Thanks guys.

Anyway, won't be updating till the end of this week. I'm cramming for mid sem exams.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mattysoxfan

Nature: Naughty
this looks promising, i don't say this often. i'll play it once it is finished, something i just don't do is play something that isn't complete. its just me, don't take offense.
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Tojo

Okay, I just made everything possible in this beta and have a few words for you.

First of all, i have not read manga, so this story is new for me, but i really enjoy it.

While playing, I also found several map errors while walking in different areas, but game is playable with them and I believe that it gets corrected in future.

What I really like is the fact that I have not found any big glitch which makes the game to freeze. It is very good, because many of hacks with similar progress have numerous big glitches, and that use to be very annoying.

I just want to mention that it is possible to go through person who blocks a way to Orange Archipelago, despite he says that you cant pass, but when dialogue ends, you can go through. There is nothing to do, because it is impossible to enter the ship, but still..

I cant wait for next release and wish you good luck with this hack, or, correctly said, with all of your planned hacks in the future
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Okay, finished my exams. I can go back to hacking now. I've just completed the Bike Race Contest event. I've also changed several events around. I've uploaded the changelog on the first page. Furthermore, I've also change some byte, so now you can run inside houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattysoxfan View Post
this looks promising, i don't say this often. i'll play it once it is finished, something i just don't do is play something that isn't complete. its just me, don't take offense.
Thanks =). Don't worry, totally understand. I remember back then playing the hack, POKEMON NARANJA (Orange), and then was pretty upset that the creator never finished it. It kinda made me wish I never started playing so I wouldn't crave for it, and think what could've happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo View Post
Okay, I just made everything possible in this beta and have a few words for you.
First of all, i have not read manga, so this story is new for me, but i really enjoy it.

While playing, I also found several map errors while walking in different areas, but game is playable with them and I believe that it gets corrected in future.

What I really like is the fact that I have not found any big glitch which makes the game to freeze. It is very good, because many of hacks with similar progress have numerous big glitches, and that use to be very annoying.

I just want to mention that it is possible to go through person who blocks a way to Orange Archipelago, despite he says that you cant pass, but when dialogue ends, you can go through. There is nothing to do, because it is impossible to enter the ship, but still..

I cant wait for next release and wish you good luck with this hack, or, correctly said, with all of your planned hacks in the future
Yeah, about the map errors. I was changing some tiles, and I got no idea it would affect the entire map data. Don't worry, I've fixed. Take a look at the new screenshot I've uploaded, no more map and tile errors.

I noticed about the person blocking the Orange Archipalego, lol. Don't worry, I've fixed it, and would be corrected for the next patch.

=====>>>>>>

Last edited by Aethestode; April 28th, 2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:46 AM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Wow, this hack is pretty nice I'm mostly waiting for you to get started on the GSC chapters.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just added the event of Blue in LAVENDER TOWER, I also added an event to foreshadow Green major appearance. Added DAISY event, and LAVENDER TOWN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArourus19 View Post
Wow, this hack is pretty nice I'm mostly waiting for you to get started on the GSC chapters.
Thank you. Although, I only read the first 2 chapters of GSC chapters (I couldn't read anymore due to holiday being over, and I start hacking this game =D). However, I'm really looking forward to it since everyone keeps talking about it, so I assume the GSC chapter has to be really good.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
SWEET BABY JESUS SOME FINALLY DID IT!!! I congratulate you sir, this looks like an amazing hack!! I'll probably play it when it's complete, but i can't wait! The Red Manga story is amazing and im glad to see you put it into a hack!
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
I wouldn't expect a huge bit from GSC. After all, that's the second generation, technically.

Cyclone

Old April 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Just added the event of Blue in LAVENDER TOWER, I also added an event to foreshadow Green major appearance. Added DAISY event, and LAVENDER TOWN.

Thank you. Although, I only read the first 2 chapters of GSC chapters (I couldn't read anymore due to holiday being over, and I start hacking this game =D). However, I'm really looking forward to it since everyone keeps talking about it, so I assume the GSC chapter has to be really good.
You're welcome.I'm exited because I'm also doing a Manga hack.
Plus, Gold is my favourite character. =3
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Ohlookzero

Quote:

GSC chapter was so epic, words can't even begin to describe how epic it was.
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:36 PM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

I think Red needs more hair.
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Just started doing the beginning of Ghost tower arc, already finished the intro sequence. Also changed the the thread layout a bit, and changed the title.

Added some more events. Finished the Hospitality mini-arc.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Aethestode; April 29th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:10 AM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Just started doing the beginning of Ghost tower arc, already finished the intro sequence. Also changed the the thread layout a bit, and changed the title.

Added some more events. Finished the Hospitality mini-arc.
Great!When's the next beta coming out?

Also I noticed that in the Pokémon Centre in Pewter City,Nurse Joy resets the game after she heals my Pokémon

Last edited by DarkArourus19; April 29th, 2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Found a bug!
Old April 29th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Also I noticed that in the Pokémon Centre in Pewter City,Nurse Joy resets the game after she heals my Pokémon
Hmm. There's something hilarious about that idea. Provided it saves first. :D

Cyclone

Old April 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM
DarkArourus19
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Hmm. There's something hilarious about that idea. Provided it saves first. :D

Cyclone
That's the worst part.IT DOSEN'T. >=C
It sends you back to the title screen and starts you from your last save.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links