Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Put an asterisk on me, we are third in the league but we still need 5 more points to guarantee that direct CL spot, and we haven't beaten Madrid for 14 years so you can guess how I feel about the Madrid - Atlético Cup final at the Bernabéu...
Well even 3rd with a cup final would be a good season. Obviously winning the cup would make it a much better season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus_17 View Post
Benfica proved it's much better than Fenerbahçe and we are back to an european final, 23 years later. Chelsea is a great team but we want to get some revenge from last year :3

In my opinion, this will be the most prestigious Europa League final we have had so far.
Congratulations on reaching the final, I think Chelsea could definitely drop this one and they looked pretty weak in the first half last night.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I guess anything that isn't 18th, 19th or 20th is a good season for my lot this time round. A good set of results this weekend would be massive.

Good result for Benfica and Cardozo getting a double meant a good reult for my skybet account funds.
Old May 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Norwich aren't looking nearly as safe now. I'm hoping it's Newcastle or Sunderland who fall into the relegation zone though.

We lost on the last day today, dropping four places for an awful final position of 16th.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Man City game on the last day will be torture if we don't beat WBA next week that's for sure. At least I'm not blaming the ref for the result this week.

Don't like thinking about what would happen if we stay on 38 so I'm not. Norwich have been good against the top 10 so I'm sure we'll be fine. I hope.

16th, ouch.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Well if Wigan can beat WBA I'm sure you can.

Ouch indeed, Mowbray will remain charge regardless unfortunately.

Anyway, there has been a great story some might have missed today. Link

Quote:
Watford's Spanish goalkeeper Manuel Almunia pulled a hamstring in the warm-up meaning a late call into the starting line-up for Jonathan Bond and a place on the bench for teenager Jack Bonham, who had been expecting to watch the game from the stands.
But within 10 minutes of kick-off Bond found himself on the way to hospital after a heavy collision with team-mate Ikechi Anya and the hitherto unknown Bonham was thrown into the deep end.
A young goalie who literally hasn't even played a semi-pro game had to play a massive game for Watford today. Quite a good story in my opinion.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Yah, that is a good story.

Championship threw up my favourite football thing this weekend actually. Wolves fans singing "Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Shrewsbury" made me smile,
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Haha, self-aimed humour is always good in football, there's been a large amount of sarcastic clapping at the Riverside lately.

I can't believe they're now a League One club.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

"Lets pretend we scored a goal" has been heard at Carra Rud a few times this season.

Indeed, 'tis what they get for getting rid of sexy Mick. >one in the hole
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Went
Blue

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Didn't you hear about Hull? They needed a win to be promoted to the Premiership, and they were indeed winning 2-1 against Cardiff City. On top of that, they secured a penalty in the 92nd minute, so fans jumped into the pitch to celebrate. But, once they were removed, they missed the penalty... and conceded another one to Cardiff on the counter. Result: 2-2 in the 95th minute. Fans once again flood the pitch, but with a very different mood, listening to the Watford-Leeds match (and indeed Watford lost and Hull were promoted).

I wouldn't have wanted to be there during those minutes XD
"Your loyalties... are they clear?"

"Yes sir. They are."

Old May 5th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Pillodox
Ruff

Nature: Docile
Great thing Cardiff are in the PL next season (I Support Cardiff btw)

P·S Are 2 football threads necessary?
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Arceus_17
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Man, I'm so ******! Last Thursday we played so well against Fenerbahçe, and now we do this crap...We unexpectingly conceaded a draw today against 6th placed Estoril at our home. Carllos Martins, a central midfielder, managed to get 2 stupid yellow cards after he replaced injured Enzo Perez. What a bastard!! We also missed clear goal chances like hell...

Now we lost our confortable 4 points advantage and we're only 2 points ahead of Porto. The next match is...Porto vs Benfica! The atmosphere there will be terrific, if you know what i mean

Last edited by shenanigans; May 7th, 2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: swear filter!
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Getting ready to watch the Wigan game. Will probably **** myself every time they get in the Swansea half.

I nearly died. Fantastic match.

Last edited by Weeaboo Name; May 7th, 2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
So, I've heard Sir Alex Ferguson retires after his long spell with Manchester United and has taken a ambassador role in the club.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Indeed, it is a dark day for football. I'll certainly miss Sir Alex and there's a good chance United will be replaced at the top by a much less desirable club. If Moyes takes over with Sir Alex as Director it'll be as if nothing changed though.

I don't know how to react properly yet, it's still very surprising news.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:45 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
A most interesting piece of news, that. Definitely one of the most successful coaches, and he created a legacy.

Bet the people at the club are wondering who the heck they're going to get now. :V

Old May 8th, 2013, 04:03 AM
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Yeah just heard there now Sir Alex is gone, sad day in football al right. Never was a huge supporter of Man U. but damn that man knew how to manage a team!

I wonder who is in mind to replace him?
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

The main candidates at the moment are Jose Mourinho (on the basis of a long standing theory that Mourinho is upset at Madrid and wants to take over from his friend) and David Moyes (on the basis of a long standing theory that he's Scottish and that naturally makes him Fergie's successor for some reason).

Outsiders for the job include Klopp (Dortmund manager) and Solskjaer (ex-United player currently managing in Norway).

I'd be really surprised if it wasn't Mourinho or Moyes though.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:25 AM
WooliestSteam
Community Supporter

I think Chelsea are trying to rope Mourinho back in as well I read on Sunday. I wonder how that's going to play out, both teams out for Mourinho. David Moyes looks pretty decent also, I wonder though would he be able to manage a top side like United coming from Everton?

It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Moyes has been touted for the job for as long as I can remember. I think it's his moderate success at a club that don't have extravagant resources that makes people think he'd be a good replacement.

Moyes is a much safer bet than Mourinho for me. Would love to see him back in England though.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:36 AM
WooliestSteam
Community Supporter

Personally I'd love to see Mourinho back at Chelsea.

1) Because I'm a Chelsea fan. D:
2) He was a top class manager when we had him, definitely one of the best we had.

But biased opinion aside Mourinho would make a great manager a United, but yeah Moyes seems to be the man for the job atm.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

If Moyes does go, Everton will probably be a bit angry that they can't earn compensation from him since his contract is up.

I think Moyes would be more willing to work with current squad of players, bringing up Jones, Smalling etc. whereas Mourinho would just spend as much as possible to make his own squad so for that reason Moyes is probably more likely.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

I wonder if officials will still be scared to give calls against Utd at home. If not the whisky nosed bacon face putting his feet up really is the best thing for the football world.

However much you talk up his managerial prowess I just can't see this as a sad day.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

BBC did a study which suggests higher reputation teams will get 'Fergie time' regardless so I can only assume it's the same for most referee decisions.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Arsenal just get the crooked linos. That being said I want them to win their last two games.

Anyway I'm glad this didn't take long to sort out. Wonder how long it'll take Baines and Fellaini to join him.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

An excellent career step for moyes.

Baines & Fellaini would fill required positions so you might not be far off. I'm sure Everton will be glad to have some money for once if they sell

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here