Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2013 (11:52 PM).
Went
Team Magma Grunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote originally posted by Nuke:
Hopefully Mourinho is coming back, he can have no complaints with how things ended in Madrid, finishing so far behind because he hated all the decent Madrid players except Ronaldo. Ronaldo's red card in the final was a bit ridiculous on a separate note by the way.
Well, if you add foot to the face + Gabi starts having a nosebleed of a sudden, then maybe the red card starts looking more warranted.

Unless you mean that the fact that it even came down to it was ridiculous, which I agree with.
Old May 21st, 2013 (03:05 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well obviously I can't be the greatest judge, but from the angle of the replay on youtube it looks like Ronaldo doesn't catch him at all and the flick looks natural. Obviously if his nose starts bleeding he must have caught him a little, but it didn't look intentional either way. I'm also amazed Gabi didn't get any punishment for the original foul.
Old May 21st, 2013 (05:56 AM).
Weeaboo Name
LIK DIS IF YOU ORA EVERTIM
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Pulis seems to have gone. Can't be bad for the Premier league, that.

>Norwich City earn £46.07m in Premier League television income for 2012/13
and that'll be taking another big bump next season with that new TV deal.

We were creaming our pants over the rumour of a 2m investment just 6 seasons ago.

#bigannoyingsigs4lyf | mal |
Old May 21st, 2013 (06:55 AM).
Went
Team Magma Grunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote originally posted by Nuke:
Well obviously I can't be the greatest judge, but from the angle of the replay on youtube it looks like Ronaldo doesn't catch him at all and the flick looks natural. Obviously if his nose starts bleeding he must have caught him a little, but it didn't look intentional either way. I'm also amazed Gabi didn't get any punishment for the original foul.
He did pick up a yellow, which caused him to be dismissed in the 124th minute.

And don't worry, the narrators here also thought there was no contact until they saw Gabi bleeding. I think there is another angle where it's seen more clearly. It is amazing though that the ref caught it immediately, kudos to him.
Old May 21st, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if the ref wasn't sure and just made the decision anyway, but I guess it ended well.

As for Pulis' departure, it seems like a good thing all round. Give the PL a new interesting team and perhaps allow Stoke to progress (he's taken them backwards season after season despite massive investment but no one picks up on it). On the other hand, it might let one of the newly promoted teams have an easy chance to stay up if Stoke collapse.
Old May 21st, 2013 (09:19 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

Put a few quid on Mark Hughes getting the Stoke job, just a gut feeling. It's a win-win bet anyway. If I win I get 39 quid, if I lose Stoke probably got a better man.

Old May 23rd, 2013 (01:59 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

Hughes odds shortened all the way down to 2s in most bookies. I bet the Stoke forums are getting restless.

Old May 23rd, 2013 (02:01 PM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

It's been a slow week football wise. I mean locally the transfer news is going crazy considering the window hasn't opened, but obviously that isn't too interesting to anyone on here.

Some positive news though - "Uefa will announce on Friday whether the Europa League winners will be rewarded with a Champions League qualifying spot from 2016."

I think it's about time this measure was taken to promote the Europa League.

Edit: It's spectacularly odd that we posted within two minutes of each other after a couple of days of inactivity.

I always like checking other fans forums for their opinion actually so I might check it out. I remember the Man United forums were erupting in rage over the potential hiring of Moyes when Fergie announced his retirement.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (02:38 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

I hate silly season on Norwich forums. Some of the names mentioned so far....Isco, Nani, Carlton Cole, Darren Bent, Dani Pacheco, Florent Malouda, Titus Bramble, Lukaku, Guidetti and Miroslav Klose. Oh, and some 35 year old league 2 player. I remember Riquelme being spotted in Morrisons evey window between 03 and 07.

As for othe teams forums I love seeing WACCOE (Leeds) go into meltdown whenever we go in for a player. That place seems to just be twats saying c**t a lot, awful place.

Anyone at Boro hoping to pick Simeon Jackson up on a free? Would be a cracking signing for most ccc clubs.

Old May 24th, 2013 (04:05 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

There was a bit of discussion on the Boro forum about Jackson when Norwich announced their released players, but that has been a trend when any team has released players recently.

The Middlesbrough fans are similarly unrealistic in their targets sometimes, in a recent local poll the two players that most fans wanted us to sign were Charlie Austin & Albert Adomah. I can't even start on how wrong that is. So far it looks like we'll be taking gambles on lower league players and trying to find loans for young PL players again.

Hopefully Norwich follow up their signing of Van Wolfswinkel with a few more optimistic pursuits.
Old May 24th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

The hungry lower league gem transfer policy has worked well here. The values of Pilkington, Snodgrass, Howson, Bennett and others will be increasing all the time. Pretty strong rumours say we'll continue that with the signing of Redmond(?) from Brum.

RVW and the full signing of Garrido mark the start of what should be an interesting summer. Hoping for a Bassong/RVW/Ruddy quality central midfielder next. Football Manager legend Steven Defour is the rumour. The fact we've already been shopping in Portugal and he has seemingly been replaced make me want to believe this. I don't though.

Old May 24th, 2013 (08:02 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Ah, but has Defour been replaced? Monaco have just signed James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho. At the very least this tells us they'll beat City et. al to Falcao, as I'm sure he'd rather earn millions playing with old teammates than Carlos Tevez, Nasri et. al.
Interesting to see Ricky van Wolfswinkel at Norwich. If nothing else, I hope his value goes up on SoccerManager after I bought him on about five different game worlds :P
Old May 24th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

The success rates in Championship clubs recruiting good L1/L2 players in comparison to PL clubs getting good finds in the Championship aren't similar unfortunately. Not to mention Mowbray is an idiot in the transfer market and would probably turn down Messi in favour of some injury prone lazy player if they were both available in the same L2 team.

I don't know much about Defour's abilities in the real world, but I'm sure that signing kind of player is the right direction for Norwich.

Monaco have sent a strong signal by signing those two. I'm sure they won't be the biggest signings they make this summer either. Ligue 1 will be very interesting next year.

I haven't heard of SoccerManager in years, those were the days. We should get a PC gameworld going. :P
Old May 24th, 2013 (08:35 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

That is true. We've been lucky signing the likes of Holt, Wessi, Russ Martin and others whilst in the ccc and l1.

Hector Herrera was the guy I thought they were getting to replace. Supposedly Defour hasn't been that good meaning they want to move him on.

French league was pretty fun back when I followed other leagues. Will watch a few (Ibra)games next season that's for sure.

SoccerManager, never played this one. Should have my laptop tomorrow so I'll be up for that. Only online game I still play is xperteleven.

Old May 24th, 2013 (09:14 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

A lot of news outlets on Twitter are suggesting Rafa Benitez is set to join Napoli.

I could swear he said he was making an attempt to stay in the PL.
Old May 24th, 2013 (09:44 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

I'm not surprised. All of the 'top' prem sides seemed to already have replacements lined up. Couldn't see him going to Everton and despite being the Stoke fan's first choice that was never going to happen. Had Pardew been given the boot it might have been interesting.

Still think Martinez will go to Everton and well, it seems I was bang on with Hughes and Stoke.

Old May 24th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

Everton are meant to be getting the current Porto manager with Martinez being a second choice, last I heard.

Pardew leaving would be interesting for me as a Boro fan too, think of the severance package from cancelling a seven year contract mwahahaha. :P
Old May 24th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

Anyway, good move for Rafa really. I'm sure if he does well this season Man City will be in for him when they sack their new guy next summer.

Still finding it a little hard to believe that Pardew is currently the second longest serving manager in the prem. Crazy.

Old May 24th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

Hopefully he'll be under a little less pressure than when he was at Inter as well.

I'm still amazed he ever got appointed in the first place. It's worth mentioning he was sacked by Southampton (at the time a League 1 club) in his previous job.
Old May 24th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

There are just some managers that will always get work, no matter how many times they screw up. My worst nightmares consist of Norwich struggling in January and appointing 'Arry to save the day.

Old May 24th, 2013 (12:54 PM).
shenanigans
i am so proud of you

Anyone else up for a mass Skype convo for the Champions League final? Went and I are down for it. 8)
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

@Lapras, it could be worse, there's always Mark Hughes.

@Razor Leaf, Unfortunately I think I won't be at home for the CL final tomorrow night, if that changes I'm up for it though. If not, there's always next year. :P
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:54 PM).
Weeaboo Name
Community Supporter

Think I'm watching it in the pub.

We could do the Confederations Cup if anyone cares about it.

Old May 24th, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

I couldn't care less about the Confed, but I'd even talk about a Stalybridge Celtic match if it was on offer so I doubt that matters.
Old May 24th, 2013 (03:23 PM).
Arx
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Arx
I think I could be able to participate in the Skype convo.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links