Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page "The Name is Not Attractive at All."

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old March 27th, 2013 (04:29 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Now, did you ever feel that the titles of video games did not appeal to you very much? Let's say you had the power to rename any video game, or video games, or a video game series to any title you want. W hat video games would you rename, what would you rename it to (even if it's a small change), and why would you rename to... whatever you've chosen?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 27th, 2013 (09:18 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I'd rename pretty much all of the Kingdom Hearts games to have names that aren't quite so pretentious or embarrassing to tell other human beings, lmao. They're fine and eccentric for the Japanese market but trying to tell someone who knows little about Kingdom Hearts and is asking about the DS game why it's called "Kingdom Hearts Three-Five-Eight-Over-Two Days" is a nightmare.

Besides that, I can't really think of anything.
Old March 28th, 2013 (11:00 AM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
"A Link to the Past" and "Link's Awakening". I prefer the original Japanee names to those Legend of Zelda games, being roughly "Triforce of the Gods" and "The Island of Dreams".

Link's Awakening in particular is annoying because it doesn't make much sense. How is Link awakening if the entire game is a dream?
Old March 28th, 2013 (11:48 AM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by TRIFORCE89:
"A Link to the Past" and "Link's Awakening". I prefer the original Japanee names to those Legend of Zelda games, being roughly "Triforce of the Gods" and "The Island of Dreams".

Link's Awakening in particular is annoying because it doesn't make much sense. How is Link awakening if the entire game is a dream?
...well, does he at least wake up at the end?
Old March 28th, 2013 (11:48 AM).
Shut up before I throw you down a flight

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. Sadly that's only a small problem with the game, as fun as it is. Pretty ridiculous name regardless.

New Super Mario Bros I'd change at this point because it's too ironic, even if they're great.
Old March 28th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Lightning:
I'd rename pretty much all of the Kingdom Hearts games to have names that aren't quite so pretentious or embarrassing to tell other human beings, lmao. They're fine and eccentric for the Japanese market but trying to tell someone who knows little about Kingdom Hearts and is asking about the DS game why it's called "Kingdom Hearts Three-Five-Eight-Over-Two Days" is a nightmare.

What makes those sorts of names acceptable in Japan, anyway?
And if you happen to know, why is so much English used?
Old March 28th, 2013 (03:39 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. Sadly that's only a small problem with the game, as fun as it is. Pretty ridiculous name regardless.

New Super Mario Bros I'd change at this point because it's too ironic, even if they're great.
Yeah... it's kind of weird how it's named "New" Super Mario Bros, when pretty soon, it won't be so "new" anymore. Maybe it's just a name, but still, I'd change that.

I'd also change the name of the game called "Hydelyde", because, ugh, it sounds so foul imo. XD

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 28th, 2013 (05:22 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
...well, does he at least wake up at the end?
It's up for debate. It's like Inception. XD

And even if he does wake up, he likely dies soon after :x
Old March 28th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
Maybe she's born with it
Silver Tier

Nature: Naive
I think I would want to change Dragon Quest or Dragon Warrior. I have only completed two of the games, I've made it to the end game of two other ones and I've completed some spin off games but I am pretty sure none of them have anything to do with a Dragon. Dragons appear as some end game encounters but that applies to most RPGs. A supporting character in DQ4 has a spell that turns her into a dragon which she learns at a high level but it's not very noteworthy nor is it of any relevance to any part of the game. The only dragon I can recall of somewhat importance is the on that hangs out in a cave in the first game whom you have to kill because it's blocking your passage to the next continent.

The game is neither about a dragon's quest or a dragon warrior. It's not about a quest to hunt down or save a dragon. A dragon doesn't even make its way into the spin-off game where you pit popular DQ monsters against each other.

I haven't played any Dragon Quest after DQ5 but if dragons are of relevance to those games then they're already five games too late.

I could never figure out how I was meant to say that. It's not just Kingdom Hearts that SE has weird names for, what about Dirge of Cerberus and Bravely Default: Flying Fairies?

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old March 28th, 2013 (09:16 PM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
Metal gear solid 3.

I'll explain.

Originally there were games called Metal Gear 1 & 2. Simple Next they bought out Metal Gear Solid, the first of the newer games. Now they had named it metal gear solid because the main character was 'Solid Snake.'

Metal Gear solid 2, had Solid Snake in it, even if he was arguably a secondary character.

However, Metal Gear Solid 3 is set before Solid Snake is even born. I understand the name is just due to the franchise success and it would bring back fans of the first two games, but it simply doesn't make sense.
Old March 28th, 2013 (10:20 PM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote originally posted by Somniac:
Metal Gear Solid 3 is set before Solid Snake is even born. I understand the name is just due to the franchise success and it would bring back fans of the first two games, but it simply doesn't make sense.
Just the "Metal Gear" should have brought fans in.

That said, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. This was possibly my favorite game in the Metal Gear franchise, but it (debatably) has the silliest name, post-colon. Since I also enjoyed KH: 358/2 Days, I feel like there's a correlation here between the goofiness of the name and the enjoyment I get from the game itself.

(Also, I was told it's pronounced "358 Days over 2".)

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 29th, 2013 (03:25 AM).
Shut up before I throw you down a flight

I completely forgot about Metal Gear Rising. I wouldn't change it though, it's so ridiculous it's actually a good name.

I'd change Rayman Origins. The name is actually misleading because it doesn't explain Rayman's origins or the world's at all. It's not a big deal but it does bother me a bit.

Sponsored Links