The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old June 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
@Somniac
I love the dynamic of the side-character. I started with Daisy, and I soon plan on introducing more people to Graham's journey. It's definitely a fun concept having other recurring characters that you have complete control over, that you can bring back to life anytime you please. I'm excited to see where Seren goes, and who she meets along the way.

If you have any videos of you, and your band playing. I'd love to hear one of your songs!

& I know how you feel. I own a business, I'm an executive at a record label, and I just signed a deal with Chevrolet to develop a better internet sales merchandising model. Keeping busy isn't a bad thing, especially when the pay is great!
@Crimson0191
Do you mean that Scott is insensitive right now, or in the near future he's going develop some sort of psychic ability? & I think the name you're looking for is Mari.

I miss playing Pokemon on DS! That was my favorite way to unwind back in the day. Especially when I was about your age. Also, don't worry about your age, let your maturity speak for itself. You seem like a cool dude, and I'm curious to find out more about Scott, and we'll interact sometime in the near future.
@Scyke
Maybe Officer Jenny can handcuff us together? I don't want to be the one to point fingers, but I'm going to come out, and blame You (Blake) for killing your own dad! WHAT A DIRTBAG. I'm just going to wait patiently until you write more about Blake's history.

I sometimes draw too! I like to draw manga, I got this book from my intern on manga drawing techniques.

& I have two words for you buddy : MAN U
@Darkhaven3
Okay, Mr.Secret-keeper. You can call me Mr.Patient.

You've got a wide array of interesting hobbies. I picked up guitar once, and the calluses killed my piano-loving fingers. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday.

I'm also curious, what branch of the military are you in?
@Geras32
We share the same anxious desires. Maybe sometime we'll talk about figuring it all out together.

Confidence is key. Especially in the case of standardized testing, and college acceptance. If you show a general interest in the colleges you want to go to, and get friendly with the advisors at the school of your interest. You'll get accepted anywhere even if your scores are mediocre.

Goodluck!
@Kanea
You've got your team planned out already?! I have an idea for the next Pokemon I want to catch after Chikorita, I haven't even thought past that yet.

& I concur. Pokemon is the best <3
@WolfOfEve
Share your secrets with us!!

& I'm very excited about getting to Cherrygrove city. I'm curious as to what you have in store for the trainers, and what our plan of attack is against the forces of Neo/Rocket.

I know the feeling of learning bits of a language, not using it, and forgetting everything. At different points in my life I've started to learn Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese.. I'm still a fluent english speaker, that probably won't change.
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:46 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
@helloasha - yes mari, haha. I meant personality, because at the moment, he looks up to the higher ranks of team neo, and down on everyone else. Also, am I alloud to make up the plan for team Neo as the story unfolds.

bleacher, if I wanted to roleplay as Scott's dad, a.k.a the boss of team Neo, just at short points with little bits of speech, would I have to do another SU, coz I can just slowly describe him through Scott.
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloAsha View Post
@WolfOfEve
Share your secrets with us!!

& I'm very excited about getting to Cherrygrove city. I'm curious as to what you have in store for the trainers, and what our plan of attack is against the forces of Neo/Rocket.

I know the feeling of learning bits of a language, not using it, and forgetting everything. At different points in my life I've started to learn Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese.. I'm still a fluent english speaker, that probably won't change.
In due time... In due time.

It's generally up to Bleacher, but I don't mind that Kiba will be used as a Plot-forward device.

I had learned one year of Jap I, though my teacher was terrible, and I haven't had many opporunities to use it since anyway. I'm honestly excited, I like Japanese more than I do English, even if I am having trouble learning it. ._.

Old June 10th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
@HelloAsha

Or you could just read my SU? Don't do that, that would ruin the whole RP in Blake's side haha ...but seriously, don't read my SU.

You got Moyes. We got the Special One Happy One.

That's all I have to say.
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
@ HelloAsha: Yup, but Flint is going to be a bit different. he's gonna catch tons of pokemon and actually use most of them. That would give him a lot of variety.
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!

AND THEN THERE WERE REPLIES

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson0191 View Post
@helloasha - yes mari, haha. I meant personality, because at the moment, he looks up to the higher ranks of team neo, and down on everyone else. Also, am I alloud to make up the plan for team Neo as the story unfolds.

bleacher, if I wanted to roleplay as Scott's dad, a.k.a the boss of team Neo, just at short points with little bits of speech, would I have to do another SU, coz I can just slowly describe him through Scott.

@Crimson0191 Good catch & It sounds like he's needs to meet his match. I'm excited to see how he develops as the story unfolds.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
In due time... In due time.

It's generally up to Bleacher, but I don't mind that Kiba will be used as a Plot-forward device.

I had learned one year of Jap I, though my teacher was terrible, and I haven't had many opporunities to use it since anyway. I'm honestly excited, I like Japanese more than I do English, even if I am having trouble learning it. ._.

@WolfOfEve Namaste. I like that your character will be used to pull together the group. In my mind you're planting seeds, and something big will happen, and form a common bond between everyone. When something big pops off, you're the man with the plan. Insurance.

I also like that we move as a group, and we'll be able to travel to new places when more routes, cities, and towns open up.

That's my problem! I don't get opportunities to speak with a lot of foreign speakers. I'm going to start traveling a lot more soon, and I want to learn multiple languages. I could never blame my teacher though Ms.Wong, my high school mandarin teacher, was wonderful. I couldn't understand anything in Chinese. It's all my fault I even took Mandarin 2 twice.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
@HelloAsha

Or you could just read my SU? Don't do that, that would ruin the whole RP in Blake's side haha ...but seriously, don't read my SU.

You got Moyes. We got the Special One Happy One.

That's all I have to say.

@Scyke Okay

Oh! And 3 more words ... Robin Van Persie
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanea View Post
@ HelloAsha: Yup, but Flint is going to be a bit different. he's gonna catch tons of pokemon and actually use most of them. That would give him a lot of variety.

@Kanea I've been breaking my story up into parts. I like that there's lots of time to write about what goes on while you're doing your thing. When I have more Pokemon, I want to spent at least a part with them all during each chapter. That way they'll level up pretty equally, and it'll help build a better more balanced team.

Occasionally I'll leave some in the PC, and take them out for special occasion. Luckily you can store, and withdraw your Pokemon anytime. I like to swap some out every so often.
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Darkhaven3
Jackass

@HelloAsha: If you're very curious, I'm willing to divulge some things over PM. I'm in the Navy, by the way.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:05 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

@darkhaven - Scott and Mari are definately going to have some contact, due to the way we designed our charectors, mine has wolf features, and yours has fox features.

Btw i havn't really mentioned the ears in my posts that much coz scott isnt bothered by them, and ignores people who are, also his team members have accepted that. :D
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhaven3 View Post
@HelloAsha: If you're very curious, I'm willing to divulge some things over PM. I'm in the Navy, by the way.
@Darkhaven3 I'll PM you if I have any questions. I was thinking about joining the Air Force a while back, but things changed. Maybe a little later in life.

Quote:
@darkhaven - Scott and Mari are definately going to have some contact, due to the way we designed our charectors, mine has wolf features, and yours has fox features.

Btw i havn't really mentioned the ears in my posts that much coz scott isnt bothered by them, and ignores people who are, also his team members have accepted that. :D
@Crimson0191 Scott has a ridicule filled past because of his wolf-like features?
Old June 15th, 2013, 02:51 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

a ridicule filled past that? Sorry, I'm not the best at english literature, I would be grateful if you could explain what that means please.If you mean a plot development because of tat, I hope so. It would be great to have standoffs between Scott and Mari, and me and darkhaven can work on some kind of urban legend between the two! Oh, I'm getting myself carried away, but its up to darkhaven whether he wants to develop on this or leave them as completely separate characters with barely no interaction.
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:19 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
When something big pops off, you're the man with the plan. Insurance.
I swear that's something Lyle says on Animal Crossing.

There's no way it couldn't be.

Old June 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Just an update, it may be a few days before a Rosa post goes up, semi-waiting on the trainers reaching cherrygrove before anything important can happen for Rosa. I may put a character-building post up depending on how long my current spat of writers block lasts.

I also cooked muffins today, and managed to burn my hand, meaning that typing hurts. :[
Old June 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Probably should do a update myself too, seeming like I haven't posted for weeks.

I just don't know how the hell to approach the professor, so suggestions would be helpful. And because the post would be huge since I'm covering a huge scene, and aintnobadygottimefodat when you're in the middle of exams so yeah lol.
Old June 15th, 2013, 03:34 PM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler:
Quote:
a ridicule filled past that? Sorry, I'm not the best at english literature, I would be grateful if you could explain what that means please.If you mean a plot development because of tat, I hope so. It would be great to have standoffs between Scott and Mari, and me and darkhaven can work on some kind of urban legend between the two! Oh, I'm getting myself carried away, but its up to darkhaven whether he wants to develop on this or leave them as completely separate characters with barely no interaction.

@Crimson0191 By that I meant in Scotts background/history was he picked on a lot because of his "wolfness"? It just so happens that being different makes you the butt of a lot of unwanted jokes, hence Scott's dislike towards people who think differently of him because of his ears.

I think the fact that there are two half-animal characters in the RP adds an interesting complex. It's cool because Scott & Mari will develop a relationship that'll end either in understanding/friendship, or hatred & rivalry.

Spoiler:
Quote:
I swear that's something Lyle says on Animal Crossing.

There's no way it couldn't be.

@WolfOfEve I don't know much about Lyle, or Animal Crossing, but we must have something in common. He's probably a really cool guy too.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
Just an update, it may be a few days before a Rosa post goes up, semi-waiting on the trainers reaching cherrygrove before anything important can happen for Rosa. I may put a character-building post up depending on how long my current spat of writers block lasts.

I also cooked muffins today, and managed to burn my hand, meaning that typing hurts. :[

@Somniac I know how you feel in regards to the writers block! My fix is to brainstorm when I'm out, and to start writing when I get a creative thought. After that if I get the ball rolling it's hard to stop that momentum.

It's a shame to hear about your burnt hand. Hopefully you had a Burn Heal handy.
In all seriousness though, burns suck. Aloe Vera is the best, and I hope you feel better soon.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
Probably should do a update myself too, seeming like I haven't posted for weeks.

I just don't know how the hell to approach the professor, so suggestions would be helpful. And because the post would be huge since I'm covering a huge scene, and aintnobadygottimefodat when you're in the middle of exams so yeah lol.

@Scyke Where'd you leave off, and what are you trying to approach the professor with?

Maybe break it up into bits and pieces, and take a post to let your character do some thinking about what he's going to do. Especially because Elm is out with Kiba right now for Sake in Violet City.

I was actually planning on stopping by the lab myself for a bit. You know, make a quick visit to my favorite lab assistant. ♥
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Finally posted. I'm really just killing time, but maybe the next post I'll catch a geodude or something, since my current team is either weak to everyone's Pokemon or not particularly well known for their battling abilities. <.<

Quote:
1. What are you most anxious for in this RP? [/B](Your first encounter with your favorite Pokemon? Crazy battles between Teams Neo/Rocket & our new trainer crew? Getting handcuffed by officer Jenny? You name it.)
One of the reasons why I wrote the character the way he is, is to portray how we all were when we all started our own Pokemon adventures for the first time with our gameboys(or DS's depending on how old you are.) While it was a new experience for us all at first, it didn't take us very long to understand the basic concepts of the game's world, and soon we mastered it. That's kind of what I'm going for with Joe, and the fact that I made him a wise-ass will assist in making some interesting commentary on the Pokemon world. Also I'm going to insist that everyone and everything is a Ditto in disguise.

Quote:
2. Are you working with anybody on a post right now? Or do you plan to work with anyone on something sometime soon?
Nope. I imagine that somewhere down the line the villains will have to collaborate with Elm's craptastic hit squad, but that may be further down the line.

Quote:
3. Do you have any hobbies outside of PC? (Maybe you play the banjo? Maybe you are an avid stamp collector? Maybe you're building a shrine of your secret lover in your closet? We all do silly things sometimes, and I'm curious about the silly things that you do.)
Before I answer this; nice Hey Arnold! reference. But anyways, beyond Pokecommunity and avidly watching many of the shows produced by Roosterteeth, the majority of my time is taken up by work. Then most weekends are bar/party/bar nights...and then I also go to bars. I'm also a big gamer and am currently writing a stand-up routine.
Old June 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
銀ヤミ

Erm... Lyle is a scammer who gives you absurd insurance that gives you the minimum amount of money once for each day you've either tripped and fell, got stung by bees, or bought a false painting. He doesn't really give you a yes or no option either, you're kinda forced into it.

Old June 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Quote:
Erm... Lyle is a scammer who gives you absurd insurance that gives you the minimum amount of money once for each day you've either tripped and fell, got stung by bees, or bought a false painting. He doesn't really give you a yes or no option either, you're kinda forced into it.
You'll probably enjoy this video here, Wolfy....though the only relevant part to this conversation is after the 2 minute mark

Edit: Also, just because I'm curious, is Lacey Washington the defacto HQ for lingerie manufacturers in America like Hershey Pennsylvania is the chocolate capital?

Last edited by ORegan; June 16th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:09 AM
銀ヤミ

Erm, I certainly hope not. I think it's just a name.

Lord, I definitely don't want to live in a place that is sponsoring lingerie.

Old June 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

So I made this for nothing?

Also, can't wait to catch a Fairy type and call it Navi.
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:03 PM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
Finally posted. I'm really just killing time, but maybe the next post I'll catch a geodude or something, since my current team is either weak to everyone's Pokemon or not particularly well known for their battling abilities. <.<

One of the reasons why I wrote the character the way he is, is to portray how we all were when we all started our own Pokemon adventures for the first time with our gameboys(or DS's depending on how old you are.) While it was a new experience for us all at first, it didn't take us very long to understand the basic concepts of the game's world, and soon we mastered it. That's kind of what I'm going for with Joe, and the fact that I made him a wise-ass will assist in making some interesting commentary on the Pokemon world. Also I'm going to insist that everyone and everything is a Ditto in disguise.

Nope. I imagine that somewhere down the line the villains will have to collaborate with Elm's craptastic hit squad, but that may be further down the line.

Before I answer this; nice Hey Arnold! reference. But anyways, beyond Pokecommunity and avidly watching many of the shows produced by Roosterteeth, the majority of my time is taken up by work. Then most weekends are bar/party/bar nights...and then I also go to bars. I'm also a big gamer and am currently writing a stand-up routine.

@ORegan Shine on bro! We both have Grass Pokemon starters. I personally feel like their the toughest to deal with in the start, but the grass types are beast in their later evolutionary stages. When your Seedot turns into a Shifty you're going to be a problem.

Your reasons for creating Joe the way he is, is great. I can remember being ~6, and playing Pokemon Red on my Gameboy Color, and having no idea what to do, especially because reading was still difficult for me at that age, but the concepts were easy to pick up. Playing those old games over, and over again taught me a lot about the mechanics of Pokemon, and now that I think about it even how to read (to an extent) I'm excited to see how Joe grows with his Pokemon, and the steps he takes in becoming a master of Pokemon training. & I hope you run into that ditto again, it would make for a great story.

You think the villains, and the "hit squad" will work together at some point? Preposterous! That's unless someone/thing shows up that's a lot bigger, meaner, and more badass than all of us. Again, it would make for an interesting story at some point.

By the way, thank you! Hey Arnold was & still is the s**t ! It almost makes me miss the 90's. If you ever want to party I can meet you in Boston, or wherever the party is at. This Thursday there is going to be a crazy-huge foam party in Hyannis on the Cape.

What other games are you into? And, I'm also curious to learn more about your stand-up routine. I'm interested in comedy/entertainment too!

Spoiler:
Quote:

@WolfOfEve After watching that video, I've come to the conclusion that Lyle is a scumbag. There are only a few occasions where no means yes. He forced that poor girl into purchasing that insurance policy.
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:

Shine on bro! We both have Grass Pokemon starters. I personally feel like their the toughest to deal with in the start, but the grass types are beast in their later evolutionary stages.

You think the villains, and the "hit squad" will work together at some point? Preposterous! That's unless someone/thing shows up that's a lot bigger, meaner, and more badass than all of us. Again, it would make for an interesting story at some point.
I agree with the fondness of grass type starters, Bulba and Chico are two of my favorites of all Pokémon.

The villains working with the heroes? Crazy talk! Although it would be very interesting but it would require some pretty serious circumstances. Almost as outlandish as Team Rocket and Neo working together, now that WOULD be crazy.

I wonder what Bleacher has in mind for the main storyline?

In other news, I'll be absent for the next few days as i'm having a surprise beach-vacation with my partner. By 'surprise' I mean she told me at 8pm today, and we leave at 8am tomorrow morning. It's alright though, she had the foresight to book work off for me!

We'll be gone for three days, and as such I won't have much time to get on here during that time, so have fun and behave yourselves while I'm gone!
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
I agree with the fondness of grass type starters, Bulba and Chico are two of my favorites of all Pokémon.

The villains working with the heroes? Crazy talk! Although it would be very interesting but it would require some pretty serious circumstances. Almost as outlandish as Team Rocket and Neo working together, now that WOULD be crazy.

I wonder what Bleacher has in mind for the main storyline?

In other news, I'll be absent for the next few days as i'm having a surprise beach-vacation with my partner. By 'surprise' I mean she told me at 8pm today, and we leave at 8am tomorrow morning. It's alright though, she had the foresight to book work off for me!

We'll be gone for three days, and as such I won't have much time to get on here during that time, so have fun and behave yourselves while I'm gone!
Bulbasaur holds a special place in my heart too. I actually have a tattoo of one on my inner left bicep.

If there was a Pokemon & Spongebob cross-over Bulbasaur would be best explained by the remembrance of Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen "... HE WAS NUMBER ONE!"

Outlandish indeed. Bleacher being the chaos worshipper I'm sure he's got plot twists all wrapped up in the future of our journey through Johto.

& That surprise beach vacation sounds awesome! What a thoughtful gesture, taking work off for you, and planning something so awesome. Enjoy your time away from home, and come back with some good beach stories ♥

BTW I'm writing my next Graham post now. Stay tuned.

Last edited by HelloAsha; June 17th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Bulbasaur holds a special place in my heart too. I actually have a tattoo of one on my inner left bicep.

If there was a Pokemon & Spongebob cross-over Bulbasaur would be best explained by the remembrance of Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen "... HE WAS NUMBER ONE!"

Outlandish indeed. Bleacher being the chaos worshipper I'm sure he's got plot twists all wrapped up in the future of our journey through Johto.

& That surprise beach vacation sounds awesome! What a thoughtful gesture, taking work off for you, and planning something so awesome. Enjoy your time away from home, and come back with some good beach stories ♥

BTW I'm writing my next Graham post now. Stay tuned.
I'll definatly try my best to have some beach-stories when I come back.

Dammit means I'm,, not going to be able to read that post until friday!
Old June 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

I think you guys misunderstood me, I meant we'll have to collaborate on making posts at some point, since we're bound to battle each other.

Quote:
@ORegan Shine on bro! We both have Grass Pokemon starters. I personally feel like their the toughest to deal with in the start, but the grass types are beast in their later evolutionary stages. When your Seedot turns into a Shifty you're going to be a problem.
Well, you need to remember that my grass starter isn't an actual grass starter...and his level up movepool isn't really good....what's the rule with learning TMs again? But I also want the ditto to be a running gag to last at least into cherrygrove. Maybe it can be our jigglypuff and annoy the rest of the group? And Bulbasaur was my first Pokemon if you don't count me playing on my cousin's Red version for an afternoon before getting Blue for my birthday.

But my standup, at least what's written that I haven't forgot, is a bit deranged and dark. One of my friends is a rapper/folk singer(weird combo, I know) and according to him most bars won't allow a good portion of what I've wrote down.
Old June 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

haha, I feel like a right noob, my first starter was mudkip because I didn't play the leaf green and fire red games until a year after they were released in the uk - But I know plenty of people with the starter of chimchar/tepig - haha. The next generation of people, eh?

Sponsored Links