The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 15th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Isn't Lt. Surge the "lightning American" though? Also I think that in some continuities there actually are animals, but mixing continuities could get confusing. From Lt. Surge again we can safely assume there are Pokemon in or involved with America, so it should be no problem to replace regular animals with them.
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:10 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
SU review time:

1. O'Regan- You are ACCEPTED. Just modify the parts in the history section "to the land of pokemon...Joe's aunt", "also Joe's upbringing in a...". Unova is based on New York City so it would be wise to say pokémon exist all over the world, from the arctic tundra to the amazonian rainforests. Also day to day animals don't exist, pokémon have replaced them. Modify those parts and I would be really happy.
But the games and Anime have acknowledged the existence of the Americas. As Gera said, Lt. Surge has been referred to as the lightning American and Arcanine's profile mentions that they are considered Legendary to China in the Gen I games, so it's easy to speculate that Pokemon do exist elsewhere in the world, but in smaller quantities. Otherwise they'd know Arcanine isn't really that rare. And animals exist in both the Anime and games as well. Just the Pokedex entries alone distinguish Pokemon as being "turtle" Pokemon or "mouse" Pokemon. If turtles or mice didn't exist, how would they know Squirtle resembles a turtle? And then there's this image.

Actually, I'm looking over Lt. Surge's profile right now and there is this snippet from the Fame Checker.

"Lt. Surge is rumored to have been a pilot while home in America.
He used the electricity generated by Pokémon to power his plane."

In the Pokemon world, that wouldn't be a big deal since Pokemon power everything, so they'd be no reason to mention it. But that would be a huge deal in a land where Pokemon are an uncommon and the public are relatively unlearned about them.

If wanted, I'll change up the profile to mention that he's from a part of America where Pokemon aren't in abundance, but much of the character's reactions about the world around him is based on Pokemon not being a dominant aspect of his childhood or upbringing, so Pokemon being the driving force in everywhere's way of life kills the character.
Old April 15th, 2013, 08:02 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Feel free to choose what Kiba starts with, Bleacher.

In fact, don't spoil it until the IC post :3

Old April 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
MrCranium
Unhatched Egg

Which starters are left for the choosing?

Old April 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

I think Pichu, Cyndaquil, Houndour, Magby, and Totodile have been taken....so Smoochum Seedot, Tyrogue, Cleffa, and Chikorita are left by my count.

If needed I'll take Seedot since it's just as foreign to Johto as my character is, but I'm with Wolf on this and ok with a random selection. *Though I haven't played any of the gen III or IV games.*
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Flyborg
I was halfway to Gotham City

Nature: Lax
Name: Edward "Eddie" Dogwood

Sex: (Insert innuendo here) male

Appearance: Eddie has a husky build, sporting a bit of a potbelly; he comes from a chubby family that likes to eat. He is somewhat athletic for his size, but his weight does come back to bite him sometimes. He is usually around the weight range of 210 to 205, and stands 5"10. He has green eyes and thick eyebrows. His thick black hair is long enough to cover his ears, but has been known to shave it all off at least once a year. Thin rimmed glasses also decorate his head. His trimmed full beard is the pride of his appearance, or so he claims. He almost always wears blue pullover hoodies, even if it is the middle of summer, and wears white tank tops underneath. His bottom half usually consists of jeans and black converse sneakers.

Personality: Eddie has always loved learning about pokemon and aims to be a professor one day. He is easily excitable, and tends to overlook other people's feelings and personal bubbles because of it. He completely gushes about cute things in public, no matter who is around. His definition of a friend is someone he can laugh with and depend on. Stressful situations will almost always shut him down. He always treats pokemon with the utmost of respect; treating pokemon with disrespect will get you on his bad side fast. Eddie enjoys battling but he is afraid to over exert his pokemon too much and even holds them back sometimes, being a bit overprotective. You can usually see a smile on his face, since he usually tries to stay optimistic.

Background/History: Born in Rustboro, Hoenn, Eddie was raised by His parents who worked at the Devon corporation. He grew up an only child with his whismur (now a loudred) which his parents got for him when it was an egg at the age of 3, starting the close bond they had. He eventually caught a nincada (now both a ninjask and shedinja)

By the time high school rolled around, he was well liked by the student body, but mostly fit in with the pokemaniac clique, studying and taking notes about his friend's pokemon. He passed pokemon education subjects with flying colors due to his avid interest. He has always idolized pokemon professors and his room is plastered with posters of them(mostly Juniper for some reason.) And When he heard Professor Elm was selecting ten people for a journey across Johto, He wrote in a letter, gushing about how much of a big fan he was, and how he thinks this would be a good experience for him and his pokemon education. Elm heard about a young man in Hoenn with a strong desire to know everything there is about pokemon, and agreed with Eddie. With his parent's permission and saying goodbye to his pokemon and friends, he set off abroad to Johto, ready to get some first hand experience in the field.

I liek mudkipz
(But can I haz Smoochum)

Last edited by Flyborg; April 15th, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:39 PM
MrCranium
Unhatched Egg

Can I get Tyrogue then? I don't know how the evolution would work in the RP but I'm willing to find out haha.

Old April 16th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
@Flyborg- You are ACCEPTED and have received a Smoochum.

- Hydration
- Powder Snow
- Pound
- Rain Dance

@Mr. Cranium- You have received a Tyrogue

- Guts
- Tackle
- Low Sweep
- Mind Reader

The RP isn't based on levels, so that you would have more fluidity in controlling the situation. The trainer pokémons (at some places) would be rated as weaker/at par/stronger/much stronger than your's. As for all evolutions, its up to you when you evolve your pokémon but send me a PM for approval. And most of all be practical. I give your pokémon new moves if your post is good; the better your post quality, the faster you get strong moves. Pokémon in this RP never forget any moves and there is no move cap.
@O'Regan and WoE- I shouldn't choose your starter, not even using Random Number God. You have worked hard on your SU for getting a starter of *your* choice, I can't impose my fav on you. So sorry, you have to choose yourself. PM me which starter you want WoE. :D
Old April 16th, 2013, 07:23 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
No, I mean Elm should be the one to choose Kiba's starter, as when he gets there he won't initially have the idea to get a starter, therefore Elm suggests the idea and gives him one.

He's also not the kind of person to get 'picky' about that sort of thing.

RP Banner!

Code:
[title="Join Bleacher's deadly RP, Johto Journeys: Dreams & Nightmares!"][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299263"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O8zuMpd.png[/IMG][/URL][/title]

Last edited by 銀ヤミ; April 16th, 2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 16th, 2013, 10:49 AM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
If there are any more reserves left, I'd like to reserve a spot. I'll probably have my SU finished by tonight.

Old April 16th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
No, I mean Elm should be the one to choose Kiba's starter, as when he gets there he won't initially have the idea to get a starter, therefore Elm suggests the idea and gives him one.

He's also not the kind of person to get 'picky' about that sort of thing.

RP Banner!

Code:
[title="Join Bleacher's deadly RP, Johto Journeys: Dreams & Nightmares!"][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299263"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O8zuMpd.png[/IMG][/URL][/title]
Thank you for the banner WolfofEve, I appreciate it very much :D. Then Elm would choose the starter for you.

@PsychoJigglypuff- Congratulations! You have received are reserved the 10th a.k.a the final spot for 2 days.

If anyone else wants to be in the RP, don't despair, special positions of recurring side characters and antagonists are still open.

Last edited by Bleacher; April 16th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:28 PM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Name: Melody Crawford

Sex: Female

Appearance:
Spoiler:

It's kinda sloppy but I didn't feel like making it prettier.

Melody is a tall girl, standing around 5’9, and her signature boots add another inch. While her dirty blonde hair is normally tied in twin braids, she changes it up every so often with a single braid or a ponytail. Still, it’s always tied up, and she only lets her hair down for special occasions. Her fair skin is easily burned, and since she spends a lot of time outdoors, she always slathers on a ton of sunscreen before going out for the day. While she isn’t athletic, she’s still in decent shape from working at the farm. She doesn’t shave that often so her legs get hairy, but she doesn’t really care. Still, she tries to look nice and presentable; it’s just harder to do so when she’s out working in the fields. Her outfits are all pretty similar, button–up shirts with shorts or jeans, depending on the day. She also wears jewelry on occasion, but those are for days when she isn’t doing anything laborious. Even so, they tend to be simple, stub earrings and chain necklaces.

Personality: Melody is a peppy girl with a lot of energy, which she uses to work hard and play hard. Being stubborn, it’s hard to change her mind about anything. Once she starts doing something, she’ll stick through with it until the end, whether it’s good or bad. Still, she has enough sense that it keeps her out of trouble. Generally, she’s open and friendly to everyone, but if she thinks you’re suspicious, she’ll tell it to your face. Her temper is quick, but also is quick to fade, and only holds grudges if you’ve broken her trust.

Melody, as to be expected from her name, loves to sing, and really just to perform in general. Her dream is to become a famous country singer, or maybe even a movie star. Either way, she longs for the glamorous life of a star, away from the fields and pastures of her home. While she does love her home, she can’t live her dreams staying at the farm. Even though her parents oppose the idea, her desire to go out into the world is always at the back of her mind.

Background/History: Melody was born and raised in the farmlands just north of Olivine City. Her family consisted of herself, two loving parents, two older brothers, and a younger sister. Her dad owned the farm they lived on, and everyone in the family worked on it. They spent their life out in the country, going to Olivine every week to buy and sell goods. Sometimes they would even go to Goldenrod, but that was rare, as her father was never that fond of the city. However, Melody cherished those day trips to Goldenrod. It just seemed so glamorous compared to her life, and she wanted to be a part of it.

While her parents praised her for her singing abilities, when she declared her intent of leaving home to become a singer, they immediately protested. They used the argued with her, saying she was too young to be on her own, and that the family couldn’t run the farm without her. Since she respected her parents more than anyone else, she decided to give up her thoughts of leaving for the time being. She still wanted to do it, but just decided to wait it out. However, timed passed and her parents still showed no signs of letting her go.

Just when she was about to take matters into her own hands and run away from home, she received a letter from Professor Elm. The Professor had come down to the farm before to do research on the Miltank that lived there, so the whole family knew him. Still, it was a surprise to find out that Melody had been chosen to become a Pokemon trainer. Now most trainers simply started of their own accord, but being sponsored by a Professor was a big honor for any aspiring trainer. Now while Melody didn’t necessarily want to be a trainer, she saw it as her way out. Besides, she was always fond of Pokemon, so she’d probably still have fun. Eventually, after much discussion, her parents finally agreed to let her go, on the condition that she kept in touch and agreed to come back home after her journey was over, no running off to Kanto with some guy or anything like that. Thus, she packed up her things, said her farewells, and made her way to Professor Elm’s laboratory, ready for her new life.

(Now I am quite fond of Mudkips, you could even say I "liek" them, but since there aren’t any available, Cleffa or Chikorita would have to do.)

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

SU review time:

1. PsychoJigglypuff- Mashta, Melody wants to be nexsht Taylor Swift. Haw haw, me likez har style, Melody can beat her with a singing Cleffa... *yaaawn* *snore x3*

- Cute Charm
- Pound
- Safeguard
- Thunder Wave

ORegan, you gotta choose your starter fast man. If hereto doesn't come back by tomorrow, I would have no choice but to start the IC thread and perhaps cancel his spot if we find another willing RPer.
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Sorry, I've kind've been busy in RL so I've only really been able to check from my phone...But I'll take Seedot if it hasn't been taken.

Also, just because I can't help it, Seedot looks like this guy from MegaMan
Old April 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Flyborg
I was halfway to Gotham City

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
Sorry, I've kind've been busy in RL so I've only really been able to check from my phone...But I'll take Seedot if it hasn't been taken.

Also, just because I can't help it, Seedot looks like this guy from MegaMan
Thank you, I won't be able to look at seedot the same way ever again. xD

Old April 19th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Seedot a.k.a Megaman ripoff is yours.

- Chlorophyll
- Bide
- Toxic
- Sunny Day

The IC has been posted. I can't post the IC thread for some reason, I think there is a bug. Everytime I try to post, it just says "the message you entered is too short, please enlarge it to 25 characters". Too bad!

Last edited by Bleacher; April 19th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Darkhaven3
Jackass

That's a shame. Whatever the issue is, hopefully it's resolved soon. I'd love to get to roleplaying with this story and get back into writing.

...And hopefully Poland's Blossom (Mari) doesn't turn out as bad as my previous characters in a few ancient roleplays. :Y
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Posting to reserve a spot for my SU as an antagonist. <3
Waiting on PM's and info before I write it up; excited for this RP though.
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:56 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

YEEEEAAAAAAAHH!!!!!! The IC thread has been posted guys. I don't know what went wrong last time but frankly, I don't care anymore. The waits finally over.

@Somniac- You don't need to reserve a spot forRPing antagonists. Send your SU/s through PM, I don't want to reveal the surprise.
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:17 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Can I make an antagonist character as well providing they don't come into direct contact with my PC? Don't want to create a conflict of interest, but I also love being a baddie.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
MrCranium
Unhatched Egg

Where's the IC? I can't find it.

Old April 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCranium View Post
Same here. I even looked under "threads created by Bleacher" and only found this one listed. It's that goddamn sasquatch messing with the forums again. <.<
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCranium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
Same here. I even looked under "threads created by Bleacher" and only found this one listed. It's that goddamn sasquatch messing with the forums again. <.<
It needs to be reviewed and accepted first I think, Bleacher submitted it and now we just need to wait for it to be reviewed by the mods.

There's a sticky for 'check to see if your Rp has been accepted yet', If you check that the last post was the 17th I think, so the next post should have whether this RP gets accepted.

Also: "Roleplay corner; New threads in this forum are to be validated by a moderator before they are displayed."
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
MrCranium
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
It needs to be reviewed and accepted first I think, Bleacher submitted it and now we just need to wait for it to be reviewed by the mods.

There's a sticky for 'check to see if your Rp has been accepted yet', If you check that the last post was the 17th I think, so the next post should have whether this RP gets accepted.

Also: "Roleplay corner; New threads in this forum are to be validated by a moderator before they are displayed."
Ah okay, I was wondering about that. I thought that it was accepted already. Thanks for clearing that up cause I thought the site was messing up or something haha.

Old April 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

I thought it was already approved over a week ago and fell off the main page from inactivity and "just posted" meant he wrote the opening post to start RPing, but it looks like I was wrong.

So we'll probably be waiting for a couple more days then. Time to learn about what a Seedot is.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links