The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 21st, 2013, 01:29 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
I thought it was already approved over a week ago and fell off the main page from inactivity and "just posted" meant he wrote the opening post to start RPing, but it looks like I was wrong.

So we'll probably be waiting for a couple more days then. Time to learn about what a Seedot is.
From what I understand; I think the actual RP has been approved, hence the OOC thread, but he just submitted the IC thread and it needs to be reviewed before it's displayed. Basically the mods just need to check it was actually an accepted RP before it appears.

Edit:
Also, I shall be away Monday, tues and weds. So I'll probably miss the first day or so of the IC being up which is a shame, but I'll be eager to crank out a post or twop when i'm back.

Last edited by Somniac; April 21st, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:35 PM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
How long do you want Chapter 1 to be? I'm making it till Cherrygrove City, if anyone wants I can lengthen a bit. There won't be any encounter with the villains though.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Well that sounds like a fine length to me, but I don't really mind how long the chapters are.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
How long do you want Chapter 1 to be? I'm making it till Cherrygrove City, if anyone wants I can lengthen a bit. There won't be any encounter with the villains though.
From my experience with journey RP's, that is quite long if you take into consideration; Leaving, and ariving at new bark, receiving the starter, entering route 29, wild pokemon fights,trainer fights, arriving at cherrygrove, exploring cherrygrove.

As this is 15years in the future, I think it would be safe to assume Cherrygrove has expanded quite a bit, and has more interesting buildings, shops and sights.

Not saying that you should make it shorter, just saying be prepared for some quite long posts. [I myself enjoy writing more detailed posts]
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Like Somniac said, from my experience and looking at other journey RPs most chapter ones are just either receiving your starter and leaving the starter town or the first route. Cherrgrove seems like a little stretch.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Oshy
♩♫♩

My wifi was down,ugh.

Hav eno fears,I'm back!
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

I have sent a PM to Skymin, hope that the IC would be up by tomorrow.

Chapter 1 would contain just entering into New Bark Town, getting your starter, exploring the town (optional), visiting Ethan's mom (optional), entering Route 29, battling and capturing pokemon, battling any NPCs you create (optional).

I haven't yet posted the chapter but if anyone wants to battle/capture pokémon before I edit the OP, here is what available on Route 29.

Common- Ratatta, Pidgey

Uncommon- Starly, Sentret, Hoothoot

Rare- Purrloin, Hoppip

Super Rare- Ditto (only 1).
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Well, here's an update: No more Julia!

Which, honestly, is a load off of me.

So, to correlate with this E&S update there'll be a bit of alteration to Kiba's History.

-After Lethia, Kiba feels ready to face the Indigo League once and for all, in memory of a fallen comrade.

-He succeeds, becoming the new champion. He maintains this position for a few years, until he and the Elite Four catch wind of the Neo/Rocket rumors.

-Upon hearing this, Kiba disappeared from society and the League, where the old champion regained his title.

-Kiba spied on the teams, and came to realize what was being planned.

-Keeping himself out of the Public eye, he immediately heads to Professor Elm to discuss plans for countering the sinister plot.

Old April 24th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Oh lookie; the IC thread is up!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300417
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Darkhaven3
Jackass

I won't have time tonight, but early tomorrow morning I'll be making my in-character introduction. Just a heads-up, if anyone wants to meet up with Mari, she'll be at Elm's lab, patching up a few cuts and bruises earned on the journey to New Bark Town using a Pokemon Potion. Feel free to be curious, to raise an eyebrow, and head over and converse with her if any of you guys have the time to post before I do.
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Hi guys, I'm atm 5 hours away from home with a broken axle on my van.. As soon as I get home, I'll update the OP and add Chapter 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Well, here's an update: No more Julia!

Which, honestly, is a load off of me.

So, to correlate with this E&S update there'll be a bit of alteration to Kiba's History.

-After Lethia, Kiba feels ready to face the Indigo League once and for all, in memory of a fallen comrade.

-He succeeds, becoming the new champion. He maintains this position for a few years, until he and the Elite Four catch wind of the Neo/Rocket rumors.

-Upon hearing this, Kiba disappeared from society and the League, where the old champion regained his title.

-Kiba spied on the teams, and came to realize what was being planned.

-Keeping himself out of the Public eye, he immediately heads to Professor Elm to discuss plans for countering the sinister plot.
That gives more scope to RP (and more loneliness) to Kiba. He will get a *special* starter from Prof. Elm so no need to bring anyone from his old team .
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Well, I went ahead and got my first post up, and the first post of the entire RP!
I'll wait a few posts before adding the post for my other character; 'The masked-man' so as to not hog all the early-posts. Can't wait to start reading some of your posts, all of your SU's were pretty great! Unfortunately, Rosa & TMM's SU's were secret, but i'll probably include a lot of character building in the early posts anyway :p.
Old April 25th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

I forgot to post, Chapter 1 is here! It includes New Bark Town, Route 29 and Route 46. Many good pokémon are available, good luck catching the ditto! :D

Please check out the character list in the OP of the IC thread and see if I have included you or not!
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
How will I know the ditto isn't disguised as one of the other trainers? I'm gonna have to throw pokeballs at everyone.
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Bleacher
Chaos Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORegan View Post
How will I know the ditto isn't disguised as one of the other trainers? I'm gonna have to throw pokeballs at everyone.
Then you need lots of luck! Maybe it is disguised as Prof. Elm, who knows?
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
@Somniac: Whenever I read "Seren" in your post, my mind instantly went to this guy.
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
@Somniac: Whenever I read "Seren" in your post, my mind instantly went to this guy.
Ah hah. Damnit, I never even thought of him.

Seren is actually Welsh for star, although Saren from Mass Effect is pronounced 'seren' so now I feel really awkward about the whole thing. Damn Turians, ruining all my things. Think of her as Rosa if it makes it any better, but she tends to avoid that name as it's a little too effeminate for her.
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM
MrCranium
Unhatched Egg

I'll post soon, I've just been busy finishing up with the semester plus doctor appointments. It's all one big mess.

Old April 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhaven3 View Post
I won't have time tonight, but early tomorrow morning I'll be making my in-character introduction. Just a heads-up, if anyone wants to meet up with Mari, she'll be at Elm's lab, patching up a few cuts and bruises earned on the journey to New Bark Town using a Pokemon Potion. Feel free to be curious, to raise an eyebrow, and head over and converse with her if any of you guys have the time to post before I do. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCranium View Post
I'll post soon, I've just been busy finishing up with the semester plus doctor appointments. It's all one big mess.
I'm eagerly awaiting both of your posts!
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:20 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher View Post
That gives more scope to RP (and more loneliness) to Kiba. He will get a *special* starter from Prof. Elm so no need to bring anyone from his old team :).
He'll have his old team with him (they're like his family, to a level some might find unusual) but he won't use them when unnecessary, which means not at all.

I'd like him to use them once in the entire RP, very later on, and everyone will see just what he'd been holding back for all of that time.

Also, I find myself waiting on you to post for Elm in reaction to Kiba in some way; an incentive to get me to post.

Old April 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
is tyrouge available at the moment. Looks like a great roleplay!
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Darkhaven3
Jackass

Sorry I took so long to post. I got wrapped up in things like DnD and other IRL stuff. But now I have! So go look at it, you dorks.
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhaven3 View Post
Sorry I took so long to post. I got wrapped up in things like DnD and other IRL stuff. But now I have! So go look at it, you dorks.
Haha, D&D will do that to you, I know that from first hand experience! :p

Good first post, very intriguing character so far and I'm eager to read more.
Also gotta love Raintime.

Edit: Went ahead and put up my first post for my other character; archer. A few days earlier than I was originally going to post it, but I figured I would as I'll be away for a few days.

Last edited by Somniac; April 28th, 2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Roses are red, violets are blue, Somniac can't spell for her life.
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Time to become a Pokechu master. :D

Sorry if my first post feels a little rushed, I haven't had much time to brainstorm due to work.
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
This is what I imagined Jokin's dream to be like:

Except without the spiderman costume. Unless he dreams about wearing a spiderman costume, that's cool too.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links