Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old May 15th, 2013 (05:07 PM).
Spoiler Alert!
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Crimson0191:
Oh btw don't get married xD (Just thought I'd remind you.)
Thank you! Still not married

Anywho. I got around to finally writing part two. I took the liberty of adding some life to Professor Elm's aide. I hope you enjoyed the the character I've created as Daisy.

I don't plan on having the chemistry between the two going too far just yet, or anytime soon for that matter.

If you still haven't showed up the lab, or need a way to incorporate some news/gift from Elm & friends feel free to use Daisy in your RP. You'll be seeing her again in my posts .. Just a heads up.

Now I just need to work on the chemistry between Graham, and Chikorita. This is going to be fun.
Old May 16th, 2013 (08:48 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by HelloAsha:
Thank you! Still not married

Anywho. I got around to finally writing part two. I took the liberty of adding some life to Professor Elm's aide. I hope you enjoyed the the character I've created as Daisy.

I don't plan on having the chemistry between the two going too far just yet, or anytime soon for that matter.

If you still haven't showed up the lab, or need a way to incorporate some news/gift from Elm & friends feel free to use Daisy in your RP. You'll be seeing her again in my posts .. Just a heads up.

Now I just need to work on the chemistry between Graham, and Chikorita. This is going to be fun.
Now I just need to work on the chemistry behind the super mega awesome (name not neccesary) bomb, I mean what, who said that. *cough*

Old May 17th, 2013 (04:13 PM).
Spoiler Alert!
Silver Tier

Now I just need to work on the chemistry behind the super mega awesome (name not neccesary) bomb, I mean what, who said that. *cough*
SPOILER ALERT!!
Spoiler:
SOMEONE IS MAKING A BOMB

I must admit, I get really excited when I see new posts on the IC thread. I really enjoy reading your stories, and I admire all of your different writing styles & techniques. I really like how when I read what goes on in your posts they make me feel different emotions. I laugh at a lot of the dialogue I read between your characters, and I feel sad when I read sad things.

Your last post was great Somniac. Your writing was nicely detailed, and your use of irony was great.

I also really want to learn how to format my posts better. I like the borders, and backgrounds some of you use to put together your RP posts. I saw info on how to do that somewhere on the forum, I'll have to snoop around and find it again, but I think that's a great addition to add to your post that adds character to your character (If you know what I mean)

Anyway.. It's Friday! & We've got a nice weekend coming up.
Old May 18th, 2013 (12:49 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

if you were in britain as you posted that you would have realised that it was saturday, but you know, time zones and stuff!! I've been wondering how to do those border things too, and how to add a picture to the side without it effecting the text. But today hopefully, (which is saturday) I'll get a super lengthy post about Scott's expereience in Violet city, and hopefully a showdown between him and falkner very soon. :O

Old May 18th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
Visit this site to get a tutorial about how to use css to make everything better looking.

If you are new to this, try simpler ones that alter bg color, cell width, headers and stuff... In a few days you would see that it is really easy. :D

On a side note, I just wish to convey that what you think about Ayleth and Lu is correct and the situation may reach the borderline of poképhilia.
Old May 18th, 2013 (04:43 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Hey guy's, I know this is wierd advertising in another roleplay, but I have made a new roleplay, and would be SOOOOO happy if you could just check it out. Link is here. I don't really mind if you don't, just no-one can really see it coz the last post was on the 12th of may. Thanks in advance if you do. Hope I'm not being rude or anything.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301482

Old May 18th, 2013 (05:17 AM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty

I must admit, I get really excited when I see new posts on the IC thread. I really enjoy reading your stories, and I admire all of your different writing styles & techniques. I really like how when I read what goes on in your posts they make me feel different emotions. I laugh at a lot of the dialogue I read between your characters, and I feel sad when I read sad things.

Your last post was great Somniac. Your writing was nicely detailed, and your use of irony was great.

I also really want to learn how to format my posts better. I like the borders, and backgrounds some of you use to put together your RP posts. I saw info on how to do that somewhere on the forum, I'll have to snoop around and find it again, but I think that's a great addition to add to your post that adds character to your character (If you know what I mean)

Anyway.. It's Friday! & We've got a nice weekend coming up.
I know that exact feel, I get all excited when I see a new post in the IC.

Glad you liked it, it was a little tricky to write actually as when I started it I had no objective for the post as Rosa herself had nothing pressing to do.

I use CSS to format my posts, a coding language used primarily in website creation, but it can be used to format bbs posts too. Once you get used to it it's pretty easy to use.

if you were in britain as you posted that you would have realised that it was saturday, but you know, time zones and stuff!! I've been wondering how to do those border things too, and how to add a picture to the side without it effecting the text. But today hopefully, (which is saturday) I'll get a super lengthy post about Scott's expereience in Violet city, and hopefully a showdown between him and falkner very soon. :O
The picture to the side is just some clever wizardry i did with CSS :3

Quote originally posted by Bleacher:
Visit this site to get a tutorial about how to use css to make everything better looking.

If you are new to this, try simpler ones that alter bg color, cell width, headers and stuff... In a few days you would see that it is really easy. :D
That's a great website, if you're interested in starting to use it check it out.

Hey guy's, I know this is wierd advertising in another roleplay, but I have made a new roleplay, and would be SOOOOO happy if you could just check it out. Link is here. I don't really mind if you don't, just no-one can really see it coz the last post was on the 12th of may. Thanks in advance if you do. Hope I'm not being rude or anything.

I'll give it a check out at some point, but I'm quite busy so I may not have time to actually join it.

In other news; It's the weekend! Yey! Time for me to.... go to work. >.>
Old May 18th, 2013 (07:44 AM).
A Glitch in the System

On a side note, I just wish to convey that what you think about Ayleth and Lu is correct and the situation may reach the borderline of poképhilia.
The Gradevoir in the bed...?

Oh... Oh no.

No no no.

... No.

Advertising an RP in another RP??

I guess there's a first time for everything (including Bleacher's disturbing revelation)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 18th, 2013 (09:29 AM). Edited May 18th, 2013 by Geras32.
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
I had my suspicions about that Gardevoir the moment it mentioned she was in the same bed as Ayleth, and as much as I wanted to believe otherwise, the last line of that post confirmed it. At least Kiba is the only other person with a Gardevoir and I don't think they swing that way. For some reason, though, I thought Ayleth would be, I don't know... angrier? More stereotypically villan-like? Overall, he seems like he could prove to be very interesting if you go in depth about his inner thoughts and feelings on things (such as Team Rocket and Lu).
Old May 18th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
I'm dating your mom
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
Finally got myself out of writer's block with this character and posted. The one thing I'm glad I did was make my character not understand Pokemon at all. Hopefully I make you guys grin with the conclusion to the Seedot mystery in my next post.
Old May 19th, 2013 (07:23 AM).
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by Geras32:
I had my suspicions about that Gardevoir the moment it mentioned she was in the same bed as Ayleth, and as much as I wanted to believe otherwise, the last line of that post confirmed it. At least Kiba is the only other person with a Gardevoir and I don't think they swing that way. For some reason, though, I thought Ayleth would be, I don't know... angrier? More stereotypically villan-like? Overall, he seems like he could prove to be very interesting if you go in depth about his inner thoughts and feelings on things (such as Team Rocket and Lu).
Oh lord no.

Though, his Party is quite literally his family to him, so he has a bond with all of them, probably more than most anyone has ever seen.

Speaking of which, it seems like most of the trainers are just heading off on their journeys without any idea of what they may be facing. I think after his conversation with Elm, he'll call everyone's phone-devices and call a meeting at Violet Town.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 19th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
something about us
Gold Tier

Wait, I thought Ayleth was a kid? ...

I have never read or even thought of Pokemon having that sort of feelings for a human. Ever.

This will be... interesting to say the least?

>> paired to gimmepie · last.fm · r.i.p atlantis · one more time?! ·
Old May 19th, 2013 (07:42 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

eww, ewww, ewww, ewww, ewww, eww I only just got it after reading iot twice. I kinda didn't read properly that Ayleth was a pokémon, and now I#'ve got a horrible picture in my head. I wish I wasn't dirty minded.

Old May 19th, 2013 (07:52 AM).
I'm dating your mom
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by WolfOfEve:

Speaking of which, it seems like most of the trainers are just heading off on their journeys without any idea of what they may be facing. I think after his conversation with Elm, he'll call everyone's phone-devices and call a meeting at Violet Town.
What's not to know? Team Rocket and Team Neo are evil, go stop them. There's not much direction given in that regard. The one thing I would worry about is how Team Neo and Rocket both know that Elm is sending new trainers to dismantle them...did Elm put a wanted ad in the papers or something?
Old May 19th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
something about us
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by ORegan:
What's not to know? Team Rocket and Team Neo are evil, go stop them. There's not much direction given in that regard. The one thing I would worry about is how Team Neo and Rocket both know that Elm is sending new trainers to dismantle them...did Elm put a wanted ad in the papers or something?
I'm not even sure if Blake (my Rocket Executive) knows about the new trainers haha. I don't think he does? I haven't been told if Rocket knows at all or not. Not sure about Neo though.

Old May 19th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Team neo does, thats what my charector (scott) is sent to take care of as part of a punishment squad. To be honest High teams such as Neo and team rocket at the moment have no need to be threatened by these trainers

Old May 19th, 2013 (06:43 PM).
Jackass

Nature: Relaxed
SPOILER ALERT!!
Spoiler:
SOMEONE IS MAKING A BOMB

SPOILER ALERT!!
Spoiler:
Mari is a foxy lady
Old May 20th, 2013 (03:53 AM).
I'm dating your mom
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Darkhaven3:
SPOILER ALERT!!
Spoiler:
Mari is a foxy lady
I was going to make that joke in game.
Old May 20th, 2013 (01:16 PM).
A Glitch in the System

Quote originally posted by ORegan:
What's not to know? Team Rocket and Team Neo are evil, go stop them. There's not much direction given in that regard. The one thing I would worry about is how Team Neo and Rocket both know that Elm is sending new trainers to dismantle them...did Elm put a wanted ad in the papers or something? :P
It didn't really seem like any of the trainers really knew why they were on their quests, they just blasted through and grabbed a starter, kinda like when you restart a Pokemon game you've already played.

You can't skip that text or you'll miss the plot!

Anyway, he can give them a more in-depth idea of what they're doing this for, how he's involved, just who he is, and what they need to be prepared for.

Lastly, he can help build these trainers into a force that can and will stop the teams.

Not that it'll be easy.

Old May 20th, 2013 (04:20 PM). Edited May 23rd, 2013 by Somniac.
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
It didn't really seem like any of the trainers really knew why they were on their quests, they just blasted through and grabbed a starter, kinda like when you restart a Pokemon game you've already played.

You can't skip that text or you'll miss the plot!

Anyway, he can give them a more in-depth idea of what they're doing this for, how he's involved, just who he is, and what they need to be prepared for.

Lastly, he can help build these trainers into a force that can and will stop the teams.

Not that it'll be easy.
That should be interesting to read, from a relative 'outsiders' point of view :p [Seren's point of view, not mine I guess.]
I'm pondering whether to have Archer/TR acknowledge the trainers journeys but obviously at this stage they wouldn't really feel threatened by them. Although, no one outside of TR / bleacher knows Archer's team yet so I may have to find a way to tease his tea to everyone. Que training montage with a shirtless Archer and cheesy music.
Old May 21st, 2013 (12:40 AM).
Chaos Worshipper

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Geras32:
For some reason, though, I thought Ayleth would be, I don't know... angrier? More stereotypically villan-like? Overall, he seems like he could prove to be very interesting if you go in depth about his inner thoughts and feelings on things (such as Team Rocket and Lu).
I always wanted to create Ayleth as a anti-hero type of character, whose actions mistaken for evil, but he still have an inner goodness, emotions and friendship ties. You as trainers won't appreciate his actions but as a player you'd definitely like him.

Quote originally posted by Scyke:
Wait, I thought Ayleth was a kid? ...

I have never read or even thought of Pokemon having that sort of feelings for a human. Ever.

This will be... interesting to say the least?
Gardevoirs are protective of their trainers and are fiercely loyal. Lu and Ayleth have been together for more than 10 yrs, they have grown closer to each other. But the way Ayleth feels towards Lu is as a friend... In the following posts I would reveal her longing for him, her dependence on him, her inner dilemma.

Why shouldn't humans and pokémons have feelings for each other, let alone the psychic Ayleth and Gardevoir?
Old May 21st, 2013 (07:37 AM).
something about us
Gold Tier

Gardevoirs are protective of their trainers and are fiercely loyal. Lu and Ayleth have been together for more than 10 yrs, they have grown closer to each other. But the way Ayleth feels towards Lu is as a friend... In the following posts I would reveal her longing for him, her dependence on him, her inner dilemma.

Why shouldn't humans and pokémons have feelings for each other, let alone the psychic Ayleth and Gardevoir?
I said that I had never such feelings before, and sure I find it a little weird, but I'm certainly not against it. I understand the logic and I totally accept it, and it makes even more sense in Ayleth and Gardevoir's sake I guess.

Old May 21st, 2013 (07:57 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Quote originally posted by Somniac:
That should be interesting to read, from a relative 'outsiders' point of view :p [Seren's not mine I guess.]
I'm pondering whether to have Archer/TR acknowledge the trainers journeys but obviously at this stage they wouldn't really feel threatened by them. Although, no one outside of TR / bleacher knows Archer's team yet so I may have to find a way to tease his tea to everyone. Que training montage with a shirtless Archer and cheesy music.
Like I've said before, you can tell from my posts that team Neo acknowledge the fact that the trainers are there, but yet the fact that Scott's squad is a punishment squad sows how much they care about it. (by the way in case you didn't understand, Scott is only within the punishment group to act as their leader, not to be punished himself.

Old May 21st, 2013 (02:34 PM).
I'm dating your mom
Crystal Tier

Blarg. There was some text here, but I'm not really replying to it so here's a filler. Filler filler filler.

Plot shmlot, I'm here for the explosions. Michael Bay mode activated. Whole team of Electrodes

We can pretty much assume that Elm mentioned the fact when each of the trainers were contacted. Since we're following the game's canon and not the anime's, the Professors don't seem to really give out Starters. In RBY, Red received one of Oak's last 3 Pokemon(level 5 Base evolution...some Professor) so they can fill the Pokedex. Ethan received his so he could retrieve the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon. Keeping that in mind, the need to have each RPer write Prof. Elm give each individual post seems kind of pointless when we can just assume it happened off screen. Hell, my SU states having a conversation with him discussing the journey nights prior, and I'd like to thin the destroy Team Neo part would've arisen at some point

BUT, that doesn't mean you can't try to get everyone together so they, or at least most, can travel together. Whether or not characters go to the meeting is up to the RPer, though if I got a call from a random number from a stranger telling me to meet somewhere when I know there's two groups who want to kill me, I wouldn't be too inclined to show, so you may need to have Elm be the one to contact the PC's.
Old May 21st, 2013 (06:24 PM).
Spoiler Alert!
Silver Tier

I think you all make good points, and there's really no need for me to quote everything I want to reply to... so I'll just ramble on, and feel free to care.

The plot of the RP insists that trouble is stirring up in Johto. Ayeleth, and his team are gearing up to do something crazy to either take down the region, or rebuild their evil regime in the name of his long, lost father.

Our characters are supposed to be commissioned by Elm to help take down Teams Neo & Rocket. I would assume Professor Elm would only give out Pokemon to trainers he thought were suitable, and/or saw potential in.

How crazy would it be if Professor Elm told a handful of teenagers they could take a Pokemon, journey out into the wild, and along the way possibly get slaughtered by a group of deranged evil-doers? If I was a grown man with a lab, a hot lab assistant, and responsibility I would probably do the same thing.

Like ORegan said above, in his SU he had a conversation with Elm prior to obtaining his starter. In my mind it's the same situation for Graham, but I don't know if the sole purpose of Graham's second adventure was to be defeating Team Neo & pals, and defending Johto from impending doom.

At some point, I see a plot twist happening, and Graham getting a call from either Daisy or Elm, asking him to take care of problems arising in a certain area. I'm sure for other trainers if they skipped that part in the plot, or need a way to incorporate their characters in the madness they can follow a similar suit.

My only concern with the plot is when the major events start to happen will our trainers be ready to fight the forces of evil, with stage one Pokemon?

Now I don't expect some major uprising to happen in Cherrygrove city, but it seems to me like Neo & Rocket are pretty established, and are a force to be reckoned with. I've got handfuls of posts before my Chikorita turns into a Bayleef, and even more until she turns into a Meganium.

I don't want a plot reveal, or any spoilers. The questions above are merely curiosity brewing in my head. I'll figure out an answer come that point in the role play

Also if anyone noticed, I started working with CSS a little bit, and I updated my older posts to work with a simple style I made up combining some codes & colors together. Thanks for that website link Bleacher!

Sponsored Links