The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Advertise here

Scripts & Tutorials requests

This thread lets you ask for any resources which belong in this section. This includes scripts, tutorials, software, tools, game engines and so forth. You may not request illegal software or "warez" at all.

Do not post the requested things in this thread. Put them in another thread, and post in here linking to it.

Do keep in mind that some requests may never get replied to, for whatever reason (perhaps you're asking for too much). If so, please do not continue to repost the same request over and over.

Thread written by Maruno.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Hey, ya all, does anyone know where to get a custom menu script that can be used for commercial purposes? [Un-Pokemon]
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:27 PM
h20ray
Unhatched Egg

i want request script for scrolling text.
using Text Scroll Script - Enhanced
Code:
save-point.org/thread-2557.html
everytime i use, always get error:
---------------------------
Pokémon Project X
Script 'Text_Scroll' line 246: TypeError occurred.

undefined superclass `Window_Base'
OK
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Requesting an easy script.

Can anyone make me a blank window scene with bg and sample buttons which are easily adjustable.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:34 AM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Hey! I'm new to Game Dev! I just want to ask for a script for a sideview battle. Thanks!
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppooookkkkkkk View Post
Requesting an easy script.

Can anyone make me a blank window scene with bg and sample buttons which are easily adjustable.
Pm me I can help easily with this
Old April 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Hey! I'm new to Game Dev! I just want to ask for a script for a sideview battle. Thanks!
If you mean a sideview battle script for non pokemon stuff, just pm me, and I'll help..
Old April 28th, 2013, 06:22 PM
akane159

i need some body help me to do a touch screen and menu
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?

Nature: Serious
I would like RMXP script(s) for the following:

Messaging online-talking to other players in a game*
Battling and Trading online-battling and trading with other players in a game*
Download Trainers-like in real wifi competitions in the PWT

*I know they have been created, but overtime, I forget the URL. Please don't chastise me about this.

YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Tayuya of the Sound Four

I would like to request a tutorial on how to add more features to the PokeGear. I know I'm not the only one who isn't the best at ruby scripting and I have looked through the Pokegear script but I couldn't figure out what should be done to add something new without breaking it.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayuya of the Sound Four View Post
I would like to request a tutorial on how to add more features to the PokeGear. I know I'm not the only one who isn't the best at ruby scripting and I have looked through the Pokegear script but I couldn't figure out what should be done to add something new without breaking it.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301310
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Q-Quan
Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ

Nature: Timid
Hello people and Pokémon,
I am making a game in which it is, until later on, impossible to use the Storage System. That means that I have to block the PC, but also make that it is impossible to catch more Pokémon. So I was planning on making a "releasing" NPC and another that gives you Poké Balls.

I would like a script like this:

(count Party Pokémon and add to variable #14)
(count Poké Balls in Bag and add to variable #14)
If variable #14 is < 6
(give a Poké Ball for free)
If else
(don't give anything)

I'm not experienced with scripts so I can't make it. Can someone? I'll give credit if wanted.

Last edited by Q-Quan; May 17th, 2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Deleting double introduction.
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Tayuya of the Sound Four

I would like to request a quest menu system, something a little similar to the Mystery Dungeon series, the basic style is talking to an NPC will turn on a tag, the script will recognize that tag and put that in a menu which can be accessed from the pokegear or another activator point. I tried doing this with events but I wasn't able to make an efficient system that would tell you what missions you were on and were not. Hopefully this isn't to big of a task.
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Quan View Post
Hello people and Pokémon,
I am making a game in which it is, until later on, impossible to use the Storage System. That means that I have to block the PC, but also make that it is impossible to catch more Pokémon. So I was planning on making a "releasing" NPC and another that gives you Poké Balls.

I would like a script like this:

(count Party Pokémon and add to variable #14)
(count Poké Balls in Bag and add to variable #14)
If variable #14 is < 6
(give a Poké Ball for free)
If else
(don't give anything)

I'm not experienced with scripts so I can't make it. Can someone? I'll give credit if wanted.
You can do most of this through events.
Using $Trainer.party.length<6 or $Trainer.party.length==6, both do the same thing, except the first one checks whether you have LESS than 6 Pokémon, the last one checks whether you HAVE 6 or more (which we know can't happen, but it checks that nonetheless)... To use this open up a conditional branch with @script: $Trainer.party.length<6... Tick the box at the bottom... Use this if you don't want to use variables, if you do want to use them, use this:

At the start of your event set a
@script: $game_variables[15]=6
@script: $game_variables[14]=$Trainer.party.length
Then in a conditional branch, variable[14] less than 6 (not equal)... You'll see why you need to set 2 variables here.

In the first section of the conditional branch, give a speech, then to add the PokéBall, use a conditional script,
$game_variables[15]-=$game_variables[14]
conditional branch, variable 15 EQUAL to 0,
first section, speech:
"Can't receive any"
In the else, conditional branch:
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::POKEBALL,pbGet(15))

However, there is a better way to deal with "not being able to catch more than 6 Pokémon".

Search in the Pokebattle_Battle script section, for:

Code:
    if @opponent && (!pbIsSnagBall?(ball) || !battler.isShadow?)
      @scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
      pbDisplay(_INTL("The Trainer blocked the Ball!\nDon't be a thief!"))
    else
And DIRECTLY below it:

Code:
    if $Trainer.party.length>=6 && £game_switches[x]==false
     @scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
    pbDisplay(_INTL("I can't catch more than 6 Pokémon!"))
    return
Change X to a specific switch number... You will need that to turn this section off in the future of your game.

That should be everything, you could, should and want to know... If something doesn't work, let us know... I don't see a problem, but you never know.
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Q-Quan
Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ

Nature: Timid
Thanks, Nickaloose!
Do you want me to credit you?
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Credit for helping is fine
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
This is probably a large request, but I'm not the best at scripting so I don't really know how to do something this elaborate.

I want to make a script, or an event, which emulates the Magnet Train. I remember there being one here a long time ago, but I can't find it now.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
  • Touhoumon: Faith and Prayer Version - Demo 3.1 Released
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Tayuya of the Sound Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla View Post
This is probably a large request, but I'm not the best at scripting so I don't really know how to do something this elaborate.

I want to make a script, or an event, which emulates the Magnet Train. I remember there being one here a long time ago, but I can't find it now.
Here you go: http://www.romhackersonline.com/8846...ad.php?t=13755
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Derxwna Kapsyla

Quote:
Unfortunately, while this was the post, the dropbox links which contained the event information are gone. 404, can;t access them.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Tayuya of the Sound Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla View Post
Unfortunately, while this was the post, the dropbox links which contained the event information are gone. 404, can;t access them.
The files that can't be accessed are all image files so nothing that's missing is absolutely required to use this. Since the files are all named pretty self explanatory It might be possible to piece together what they should be, especially if you've played Crystal recently. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.. :/
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Derxwna Kapsyla

Quote:
The files that can't be accessed are all image files so nothing that's missing is absolutely required to use this. Since the files are all named pretty self explanatory It might be possible to piece together what they should be, especially if you've played Crystal recently. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.. :/
Yes, but one of the image files contains how to build the event, the three individual pages. Without that, I have no idea how to make it work.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Grey Metagross
B/W e4 music for the win.

Nature: Adamant
I wonder if anyone's willing to make an addition to FL.'s Simple HUD script to show an HP bar and status ailment icon for each Pokémon and grey out Pokémon that are fainted. I'd greatly appreciate your help!
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:58 PM
ChyAqua
Unhatched Egg

[pokemon essentials]
Im looking for a script in which I can make my starter shiny
Im also looking for a script to make all shiny pokemon wild, etc. have 31 iv stats(as an incentive for catching it),I really hope someone can help I cant figure it out at all
Old June 20th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

There are multiple ways to make a starter shiny... Here's one.
In the event when you receive your starter, find script and use:
pokemon=$Trainer.party[0]
pokemon.makeShiny

Providing your starter is the only Pokémon in your team.

To change IV's, inside EncounterModifiers:
Code:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
   pokemon=e[0]
   if pokemon.isShiny?
     pokemon.iv[0]=31 # Hp
     pokemon.iv[1]=31 # Attack
     pokemon.iv[2]=31 # Defense
     pokemon.iv[3]=31 # Speed
     pokemon.iv[4]=31 # Sp Attack
     pokemon.iv[5]=31 # Sp Defense
   end
}

Last edited by Nickalooose; June 20th, 2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
ChyAqua
Unhatched Egg

thank you so much for your help
is there a way I can give my starter an extra move?
and set its IVs to 31?

*Edit* figured out the IVs, but I cant figure out how to give it a move, which is extreme speed since the starter in my game is dratini, and all the AI is cranked to the max, wrap wont cut it

*edit 2* nevermind on the moves, I just altered its moveset in the pbs file, thanks anyhow

Last edited by ChyAqua; June 20th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here