The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Q-Quan
Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ

Nature: Timid
Can someone help me? I want to put a HM move effect (Surf) into an item (surfboard). How can I to this?
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Quan View Post
Can someone help me? I want to put a HM move effect (Surf) into an item (surfboard). How can I to this?
Did you know there is a new thread called:

Check here before asking a question!

And And

Replace FLY with an Item
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Quan View Post
First off, create an item in the items.txt called a surfboard. (Key Item would probably suit this item best.)

And follow this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...80&postcount=5

Old July 9th, 2013, 11:45 AM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
Hello,
I am interested in paying an rgss programmer to create an add on Text To Speech function.
I will pay ten dollars to a programmer who can:
Make the computer speak using SAPI4 and or SAPI5when: text appears on screen, E.G. from the show_text event command.
When a player moves to a new option, it should speak that option. (this should work in things such as battle menues, bag menues, etc. as well as menues created with the \CH command and show_choices command.
It is understood that non-textual things, such as text contained within pictures can not be spoken by anything, although it is my understanding that very few if any things in essentials have this.
I am using a bit of an old version of essentials, so where ever possible, it needs to be non-version spesific.
If you are interested, please respond and/or contact me on either this forum or skype.
My skype account: pokemonmasteraaron
If you believe ten dollars is not enough, let me know, although I believe it is unlikely to go above that ammount.
You must have a Pay Pal to receive the money.
Best Regards, Aaron
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
First off, create an item in the items.txt called a surfboard. (Key Item would probably suit this item best.)

And follow this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...80&postcount=5
I made a better tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304725
Old July 29th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Harvey_Create
I was curious if anyone had a Light Level script. For example, go down a cliff in a cave, it gets darker, go up it gets lighter.

I am also wondering if anyone can help with a custom HUD.

Old July 31st, 2013, 11:21 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey_Create View Post
I was curious if anyone had a Light Level script. For example, go down a cliff in a cave, it gets darker, go up it gets lighter.

I am also wondering if anyone can help with a custom HUD.
An idea I had was, change the radius of the circle depending on the map and make all the cave maps, dark maps... Do you get that?
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:04 PM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
An idea I had was, change the radius of the circle depending on the map and make all the cave maps, dark maps... Do you get that?
Its good, but, I like the idea of the whole screen getting darker. I want to add a Flashlight Item, and fase out FLash

Old August 1st, 2013, 01:04 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Its good, but, I like the idea of the whole screen getting darker. I want to add a Flashlight Item, and fase out FLash
Okay, so an Item them can control density of light, I.E. Battery running out? So it gets darker...
Or did I miss the point?
You can always just use screen tinting, that's how I do things, it's simple, easy and gets the job done.
However, since you'd like to use a flashlight, I'd still consider the way I said, but instead of HM move Flash, change it to Flashlight.
I can't do anything right now since I have work.
Try things out and see what you come up with.
I've given you the general idea anyway.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Quote:
Okay, so an Item them can control density of light, I.E. Battery running out? So it gets darker...
Or did I miss the point?
You can always just use screen tinting, that's how I do things, it's simple, easy and gets the job done.
However, since you'd like to use a flashlight, I'd still consider the way I said, but instead of HM move Flash, change it to Flashlight.
I can't do anything right now since I have work.
Try things out and see what you come up with.
I've given you the general idea anyway.
The original point was (maybe a terrain tag) or something that would automaticlly darken the screen going down a cliff tile. and vise versa. Rather then having 89 events per cave doing it.

Ive already got a basic flashlight together.

Old August 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

You're not understanding... Use the map id, not use events... So when you're on that specific map, you can use flashlight, exactly how Flash HM works, just with flashlight, and instead of having the map completely black, change the screen tone color instead.
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Quote:
You're not understanding... Use the map id, not use events... So when you're on that specific map, you can use flashlight, exactly how Flash HM works, just with flashlight, and instead of having the map completely black, change the screen tone color instead.
I inderstand, But what i want is not what you are suggesting.

Old August 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Sorry to say, but for anyone to answer this, is merely assumptions... Maybe you should elaborate more or learn to script yourself.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:53 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

He wants to change the light level (overall brightness) of a map depending on the player's coordinates on that map.

Sounds like a job for a parallel processing event (a long one which is basically all the contents of the 89 events you currently have). The example maps (the cave maps) have some similar parallel processing events which check the position of the player/boulders for the purpose of triggering floor switches and falling down holes.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Anyone have an idea on getting swarms to work? Some examples of this include people calling you in GSC about a rare pokemon in an area or in D/P where Lucas/Dawn's sister will tell you that a swarm of Pokemon have appeared on a route. It changes daily.

I imagine this could be worked out in events but there may be a cleaner way to pull this off.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
Anyone have an idea on getting swarms to work? Some examples of this include people calling you in GSC about a rare pokemon in an area or in D/P where Lucas/Dawn's sister will tell you that a swarm of Pokemon have appeared on a route. It changes daily.

I imagine this could be worked out in events but there may be a cleaner way to pull this off.
First you need a list of possible swarms. Species, level range, maps to be found on, encounter types to be found via. It's up to you if you want to make it more complicated (e.g. multiple maps/species/encounter types in a single swarm event). You can (should) put all this information in an array in some script section.

Next you want a way to decide which swarm to use on a particular day. It should be random yet always the same for a given day. The Lottery mini-game's winning number works like this, so copy it and use it to choose the swarm.

Then you want to change the appropriate wild encounters depending on the swarm's details. I understand there's a flat 40% rate of an encounter being a swarm's encounter (if possible), and 60% chance of a regular encounter, so that's a nice and simple number to work with. Go to the script which decides which species to encounter, get the day's swarm's details, and if the map/encounter method matches and rand(100)<40, set the species and level according to the swarm's details; otherwise pick the encountered species normally.

That's it.

You can enhance this feature by only making it work if a particular switch is on (e.g. the "Got National Dex" one).

Getting someone to tell you about the swarm is a bit of extra work. It's easiest to make an event tell you, because phone calls are a bit trickier to modify (although it is possible). Here, just get the day's swarm's details again, shove the name of the species and the name of the map it's on into variables, and insert those variables into the event's speech. You can get all fancy with this, of course.
Old August 4th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Yero

G'Day, I was wondering if it is possible to (silently) control the storage system by using a script of some sort. For instance, in my game, the player got separated from a few of his Pokemon at some point in the game, and at that time you can't use the computer. The only script I know of is to completely delete the Pokemon in question, which of course, is not meant to happen. So is it possible to, let say, use a script to silently store a pokemon in one of the storage boxes by event, and later withdraw it again?
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:15 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yero View Post
G'Day, I was wondering if it is possible to (silently) control the storage system by using a script of some sort. For instance, in my game, the player got separated from a few of his Pokemon at some point in the game, and at that time you can't use the computer. The only script I know of is to completely delete the Pokemon in question, which of course, is not meant to happen. So is it possible to, let say, use a script to silently store a pokemon in one of the storage boxes by event, and later withdraw it again?
Force pokemon to PC Box (silently)
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
The easiest way I know how to do this (and is the way I would do this), is not worry about the storage at all... Variables are your friend here.

So for arguments sake, I'm going to say I want all 6 of my Pokémon in my team completely removed from the game, BUT, returned back to me later on (you must remember to add them back).

First thing I would do is set 6 Variables (since I can control every Pokémon then)... So I've chosen Variables 1-6 (choose your own)... Next, let's add our Pokémon to them... Using 6 script events:
$game_variables[1]=$Trainer.party[0]
$game_variables[2]=$Trainer.party[1]
$game_variables[3]=$Trainer.party[2]
$game_variables[4]=$Trainer.party[3]
$game_variables[5]=$Trainer.party[4]
$game_variables[6]=$Trainer.party[5]

Then, remove them from the game, using another 6 script events:
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)

It's that simple.

To re-add them later, just use, in another 6 script events:
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(1))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(2))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(3))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(4))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(5))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(6))

There you go, the illusion of a runaway Pokémon and the uses of variables, plus, no scripting involved.
Use it, love it, learn it.

REMEMBER:
Do not have any other Pokémon in your team if you use this method... I'm not sure if it will overwrite any Pokémon or just not add the ones you've deleted.
Old August 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Yero

Thanks heaps Nickalooose, it worked exact the way I wanted! I was too focused on using the storage system as I was afraid using a variable would completely reset or delete the individual Pokemon's data or moves and like. But it worked perfect!

Maybe you (or someone else) would be able to help me with another matter as well. Probably another simple event script, but is it possible to have a wild Pokemon battle against one wild Pokemon whereas the player uses two battlers himself. Like a two against one battle! I want to use this for Legendary/strong wild opponents.
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Maruno

Quote:
Thanks heaps Nickalooose, it worked exact the way I wanted! I was too focused on using the storage system as I was afraid using a variable would completely reset or delete the individual Pokemon's data or moves and like. But it worked perfect!
One addendum I'd like to make is that you should use $game_variables which aren't used for anything else. The first 25 are either used for things or reserved, so don't use them.
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Yero

I used the variables after number 45 to be on the sure. I make a game with a similar gameplay as Pokemon Colosseum, so where catching numerous Pokemon is not really part of the main story. All battles are Double Battles, and indeed with Espeon and Umbreon as the two starters. For some Legendary encounters I would like to use this double battle style only then against one (wild) opponent. It's probably quite easy to do so, but I am not a real expert on the blind scripting. Would someone be able to help me out a little?
Old August 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
# 494

After searching the wiki, Google, and looking through the script editor in RMXP, I have been able to add a custom font, but this font is little too big. I remember seeing a way to make it smaller, but it has to be done each time the font is used.

Is there any way to permanently make the font smaller?
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Maruno

Font and font size-related methods can be found in SpriteWindow, beginning with def pbSetSystemFont (line 1705). That and the few methods below it should help.
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
# 494

Alright, that worked! However, now I can't seem to figure out how to make my new font the default font. For some reason, no matter what I do the game defaults to the Firered/Leafgreen font. How could I set my new font as the default font?

Also, if possible would I be able to make it so said font appear in the places where switching fonts doesn't change anything? (Like the new game/continue screen's summary and in Attack names)

Last edited by # 494; August 11th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links