Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page *Birch Winds* (Grass Type Fan Club)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 11th, 2013 (08:35 PM).
backyard swagger
CS

Nature: Brave
Some of you may know that I chose Meganium because it's my favorite of the evolved starters, and it's signature move Solarbeam is so powerful. :3 But I also chose Leavanny because it has the same personality as Meganium, but as Meganium as the power to heal, Leavanny has the power to nurture. <3

Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
I'm wanting to be more active in clubs, so I'll join!
Nickname:Kouzan (AWsquared)
Pokemon(must be grass):Treecko
Why you like Grass Types:Because I like how they're moves are powered by the sun and my favorite Pokemon, Treecko, is a Grass type and so I grew to love Grass types automatically. And I've been picking the grass starter since the Gen III games and I don't think I'll stop with X and Y cause Chespin's just adorable! :3
Favorite Grass Type(s):Treecko, Whimsicott, Bulbasaur, Chespin, Shaymin, Meganium, Chikorita, Turtwig , Serperior , heck all of the grass starter Pokemon, Leafeon , Deerling, Liligant , loads more.
Why did you choose your Partner Pokemon?
I pretty much explained that already. Treecko's my favorite Pokemon. It's so cool, and can be cute at times, and always very fast, the fastest Speed of all the unevolved starters.
Hi there, AWsquared! It's kinda obvious that Treecko would be your partner pokemon, because it's on your avatar/siggy. :D I love how Treecko resembles as a gecko (or a lizard?), and that it has a stronger evolution line.

Quote originally posted by Slayr231:
Nickname: Slayr231
Pokemon: Serperior
Why you like grass types: On my first ever pokemon game I chose grass as my starter and the type has been my favorite ever since. I'm a competitive battler so during monotype tournaments where all your pokemon have to share a type I have a grass team that has done very well (5 third places, 10 second places, but no first D: ) and I enjoy the challenge of using one of the lesser used types.
Favorite grass types: Serperior, Breloom, Cradily, Ferrothorn, and Venusaur

Answering the question, Serperior was my first pokemon and my first pokemon game was Black (I have the story of why I came into pokemon so late on my profile) and Serperior has been my favorite pokemon ever since although I'm a little torn I couldn't seem to make it fit into my competitive teams.
Oh, I love Serperior! I will admit that it's a lot more powerful than most of the evolved starters. I haven't seen it in action on the Anime just yet.

I'm also the same as you, actually! I chose grass as my starter when I picked up Red and BOOM gras types has been my favorite ever since.

Welcome, btw!

Old April 12th, 2013 (04:30 AM). Edited April 12th, 2013 by Regeneration.
meow
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Nickname: lawnmower Regeneration :p
Pokemon: Sceptile
Why you like Grass Types: Because... wynaut? No, seriously, I can't think of any reason/
Favorite Grass Type(s): Snivy, Sceptile

Well I chose Sceptile because the first game I played was Emerald and I chose Treeko (I hope I spelled it correctly, I can't even remember all the pokemon anymore) :(.
Old April 12th, 2013 (05:44 AM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote originally posted by Meganium90:
Hi there, AWsquared! It's kinda obvious that Treecko would be your partner pokemon, because it's on your avatar/siggy. :D I love how Treecko resembles as a gecko (or a lizard?), and that it has a stronger evolution line.
Oh yes obviously. Treecko is that awesome. And since it's species is The Wood Gecko Pokemon I assume it's based on a gecko. (Particularly the leaf-tailed gecko according to Bulbapedia. )

That thing's just awesome looking imo so I like to believe it's what Treecko's based on lol.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old April 12th, 2013 (01:02 PM). Edited April 12th, 2013 by Pacifist.
Its a Destiny

Nickname: Pacifist
Pokemon(must be grass): Celebi
Why you like Grass Types: I love them because they are all so adorable powerful and lovely kinds of pokemon
Favorite Grass Type(s): Celebi,Meganium,Leafeon,Bulbasaur and shaymin
Edit i forgot the topic
1.In your opinion, what is the best type combination for grass types? for sure electric, they are mostly formed by pokemons with good personality and one help to counter some of the weakness of the other like ground and flying type pokémon
Old April 12th, 2013 (09:52 PM).
backyard swagger
CS

Welcome lawnmower Regeneration! <3

Pacifist, Celebi is my favorite legendary Pokemon. It's so cute and adorable. Although I like Virizion for its badassness, but Celebi beats it for cuteness. :3

Also, never thought of the good advantages of grass/electric combination types! I mean, it would be weak against flying-types, but with electric-type moves, they can easily eliminate them.

Old April 13th, 2013 (06:03 AM).
Its a Destiny

Yeah celebi is really cute and his movie is amazing.
so about Chespin type, pure-grass or not?
Old April 13th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Pacifist:
so about Chespin type, pure-grass or not?
I can imagine Grass/Ground or Grass/Dark! He looks like he could easily become either some kind of mole-like creature constantly borrowing underground for protection/attacking, but he also looks like the perfect candidate to become a ninja of the forest with the stealth that comes with being a Dark-type! Chespin itself will probably be purely Grass-type, but as for the evolutions I'm betting Grass/Ground or Grass/Dark. What about you?
Old April 13th, 2013 (08:11 PM).
backyard swagger
CS

I'm pretty sure Chespin and its evolved forms might be Grass-Ground seeing that it's a dirt animal rather than a plant or an actual green animal. I have this gut feeling it may get some ground-type moves, but not enough to classify it as a grass-type. I don't know why but that's just what I think xD

Old April 13th, 2013 (08:20 PM). Edited April 13th, 2013 by RoreyG.
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Nickname: RoreyG

Pokemon
: Serperior

Why you like Grass Types
: My relationship with Grass Type Pokemon stems from how I use the starters. In my Pokemon Leaf Green version, I wanted to be faithful to the mascot so I chose Bulbasaur (fitting as I chose Charmander as my starter in my main Gen 3 game, Fire Red). By the time I beat the after-game, Venusaur had become my favorite Pokemon to use in the Kanto games (after my bro, Charizard of course). It was such fun to use. In Emerald, Treeko was so frickin' cool and, in my opinion, he had the best aesthetics of all the Hoenn starters. In Platinum, 99% of the time I would choose Chimchar, but for the other 1 %, Turtwig was my go- to guy and I had a great time using him. Serperior is the only Gen 5 starter that I have been able to finish a game with. Treeko set the standard for cool Grass starters and Snivy more than lived up to it.

Favorite Grass Type(s)
: Serperior, Sceptile, Venusaur, Shiftry, Tropius, Leafeon.

Current Topic: Serperior. Why? Because Smugleaf. It was overkill on how many people were fawning over how "cute" Oshawott was and whilst I do like Tepig, I found its evolutions to be too repetitive (seriously, third consecutive starer with Fire/ Fighting type and another to be based off of a character from Journey to the West) and aesthetically disappointing. Snivy, on the other hand, seemed to exude confidence by the bucket loads and Serperior was so charming (get it!? ). Anyway, Serperior was the most appealing to me and, when used right, it proved to be a faithful companion.

Old April 14th, 2013 (09:49 AM).
Momentai :D

What do you guys think about these as a possible evolutionary line for Chespin?

Spoiler:
Old April 14th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:

Spoiler:

THAT......LOOKS...AWESOME!!!

I'm thinking either a pure Grass type or Grass/ Dark for the evos.

Old April 15th, 2013 (04:36 PM).
I won't let you die
Super Moderator

I think Chespin itself will be grass, but evolve into a grass/dark typing. I really hope it gets some really good moves and has a great move pool as I need a counter for psychics in my grass monotype team. Assuming that it's grass/dark of course.

Signature

Alistar
The Minotaur

I'll carry you early game,
So you can carry me late.

Movie Review: Poltergeist
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
meow
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:

Spoiler:
Is this fan art or what...? I've been living under a rock; don't know a thing about X/Y. :(((
That 3rd one kinda reminds me of Tropius? Could it be that it'll get a pre-evolutionary form? :D
Old April 18th, 2013 (06:52 PM).
I won't let you die
Super Moderator

Yeah that is fan art. I'd say it could be pretty accurate because it does seem to flow in a line. I don't know about a pre-evolution for tropius, but I think it's pretty slim for any number of pokemon to get a pre-evolution.

Signature

Alistar
The Minotaur

I'll carry you early game,
So you can carry me late.

Movie Review: Poltergeist
Old April 20th, 2013 (10:57 PM).
meow
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Slayr231:
Yeah that is fan art. I'd say it could be pretty accurate because it does seem to flow in a line. I don't know about a pre-evolution for tropius, but I think it's pretty slim for any number of pokemon to get a pre-evolution.
I don't think fan art ever turns out to be accurate. xD
Well, I don't remember about gen v, but before that every new generation used to get some pre-evolutionary forms. Maybe this time they could again.
Old April 23rd, 2013 (08:10 AM).

Nature: Bashful
Sorry that I havn't been updating anyone's staus, but I've been adding in new members.
Old April 24th, 2013 (10:40 PM).
the closed eyes of love
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Koishi Komeiji
Nickname: Classic Sonic
Pokemon: Miror the Ludicolo
Why you like Grass Types: It's the type of grace, beauty and calm.
Favorite Grass Type(s): Shaymin, Venusaur, Ludicolo, Exeggutor, Celebi, Jumpluff, Breloom and Sceptile.
Current topic: I'd be Water/Grass. For one, you won't go down too easily to Fire types, as you aren't weak to them anymore. Also, you could be an amphibious Pokemon who could lurk in the water as well as a meadow.
beloved
theme
credit
Old April 25th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Nickname: Cirno
Pokemon(must be grass): Snivy
Why you like Grass Types: There's too many reasons! <3 They're great for status effects like sleep and poison, and the HP drain moves they get can be lifesavers. Grass types have been my preferred starters of choice for a long time.
Favorite Grass Type(s): Oh gosh, here we go... Bulbasaur line, Bellossom, Exeggutor, Leafeon, Chikorita line, Celebi, Treecko line, Breloom, Budew line, Tropius, Cacnea, Cherrim, Shaymin, Snivy line, Cottonee line, Petilil line, Virizion (..and more!)

Chespin is an awesome grass type too, and I'm dying to see his evolutions. Those pictures Ozzy posted are just ahhhmazing. :O
Old April 25th, 2013 (05:26 PM).
backyard swagger
CS

I agree with the above that the final *fanart* evolution of Chespin looks like a spin-off of Tropius. I was hoping for something like a giant gopher or a squirrel with a tree or a flower as a hat, of course, depending on the gender of Chespin. Maybe it could become the first gender type Pokemon? That's probably just me. xD

Welcome aboard, Cirny & Classic Sonic! <3

Old April 26th, 2013 (11:00 AM).
BLARGHBRAAHH
Gold Tier
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Meganium90:
I agree with the above that the final *fanart* evolution of Chespin looks like a spin-off of Tropius. I was hoping for something like a giant gopher or a squirrel with a tree or a flower as a hat, of course, depending on the gender of Chespin. Maybe it could become the first gender type Pokemon? That's probably just me. xD
OH GOD PLEASE YES

I want chespin's final evolution to be a hedgehog-like animal, kinda like shaymin, but with more sandslash-ness added in.

But Torterra shall remain as my favourite. :P
Old April 29th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
backyard swagger
CS

Your love for Torterra is the same as my love for Meganium. xD

Well anyways, how about I go ahead and keep this club going with a new topic, yeah? :D
Since we lack a grass-type legendary Pokemon (there's Celebi, Shaymin, and Virizion), do you think there should be another? Why or why not?

Old April 29th, 2013 (09:40 AM).

Nature: Bashful
I think there should be a lot more.
Old May 3rd, 2013 (03:41 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Since we lack a grass-type legendary Pokemon (there's Celebi, Shaymin, and Virizion), do you think there should be another? Why or why not?

Yeahhh! I mean, we definitely need more. There are so many legendary psychics and such that I think we could use one or two more grass legends. Celebi and Shaymin are both small and cute, then there's Virizion who has a horse/deer-like figure... so maybe we can get a bird next time? I think that'd be pretty unique!
Old May 5th, 2013 (03:33 PM).
Its a Destiny

Hey what do you guys think about this fakemon i found on DA?
Spoiler:

I really liked the idea its not the most "official" looking fakemon but the idea is just awesome
Old May 8th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
GAAOOOOOO!

Nickname: AzuPazu
Pokemon: Leafeon
Why you like Grass Types: 'Cause apparently they smell the nicest (look at all the aroma trainers having grass types) because I just love how they have something mysterious about them and well I always loved nature in general. .w.
Favorite Grass Types: Leafeon, Bayleef (that episode with Bayleef running away was... T-T), Chikorita (I always pretended to be Chikorita when I was younger uhm I mean... I'm not childish shut up!), Turtwig (always named my starter Twiggy XD), Bulbasaur, Jumpluff, Budew (currently training that pokémon o-o), Treecko , Grovyle(that one in mystery dungeon<3), ..
Topic: Since we lack a grass-type legendary Pokemon (there's Celebi, Shaymin, and Virizion), do you think there should be another? Why or why not? Compared to other types there aren't that many grass legendaries but.. I actually like it that way, doesn't make it the grass legenderies even more legendary for not having that many legenderies?

Pairing buddy: Classic Sonic

- x -

Eeveelution Club Profile:
Username: Azu
First Partner: Leafeon
Second Partner:[None]

- x -
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links