The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:40 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Anyone else remember this gem of a series. It was quite the breath of fresh air to constant cycle of rinse and repeat that we had going on in the main series. I particularly remember the "Legend of Thunder" arc with Raikou. I remember it was such a treat to see Ethan and Kris in the anime. It was one of the most memorable and unique experiences that I have ever had in watching the anime. This leads me to my question:

What was your favorite episode from this series?

Old April 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I miss this! It was sort of like a spin-off to the main series and I loved every minute of it. If only it were still airing today. I would have loved to see some episodes focus on May and her travels in Johto.

I don't know if I had a particular favorite episode from Chronicles, ─ as I enjoyed a lot of them ─ but probably the most memorable episodes were from the Legend of Thunder arc at the beginning of the series. I really liked meeting Jimmy, his Typhlosion and Marina. Also, I liked the little love triangle romance they infused between the two of them and Vincent.

As you said, it was a refreshing change from what were used to watching for so long. I would love it if it were to one day return, but the chances of that happening seem pretty slim to not happening at all. So... <sadface>
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:50 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I miss this! It was sort of like a spin-off to the main series and I loved every minute of it. If only it were still airing today. I would have loved to see some episodes focus on May and her travels in Johto.

I don't know if I had a particular favorite episode from Chronicles, ─ as I enjoyed a lot of them ─ but probably the most memorable episodes were from the Legend of Thunder arc at the beginning of the series. I really liked meeting Jimmy, his Typhlosion and Marina. Also, I liked the little love triangle romance they infused between the two of them and Vincent.

As you said, it was a refreshing change from what were used to watching for so long. I would love it if it were to one day return, but the chances of that happening seem pretty slim to not happening at all. So... <sadface>

Yeah, it was pretty great for its time. I also remember really liking the episodes focused around Team Rocket and Ritchie. It served to give all of them some much needed development.

Seeing May's journey through Johto would have been very interesting. Care to share any ideas for potential plots involving May?

Old April 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Legend Of Thunder felt like a breath of fresh air as it doesn't feature either Ash or any of the main cast. The rest of the Chronicles episodes were great too but would have loved to have seen more what have nothing to do with any of the main characters taking place in some random location.
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:02 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
Legend Of Thunder felt like a breath of fresh air as it doesn't feature either Ash or any of the main cast. The rest of the Chronicles episodes were great too but would have loved to have seen more what have nothing to do with any of the main characters taking place in some random location.

Come to think of it, it would have even more interesting to see separate stories unfolding following the protagonists from the games and manga.

A couple of stories following Red and the others would have been epic!!!

Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Question:
If the writers were ever to bring back this series, which of the past characters would you like to see them bring back and focus on?

Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I say Misty would be shown in the episode because we are missing her for a long time
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
OMG THIS SERIES THIS SERIES THIS SERIES. T_T My favorite? The Legend of Thunder because it shows alternate protagonists other than Ash and co. Jimmy, Vincent(?) and Marina are a good trio and the plot was epic for a three parter, I miss watching this one and I want to see it again.

All the ones that involve my baby Misty are also my favorites, especially the one where she gets over her fear of Gyarados, that one is one of my favorites of all time.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old May 5th, 2013, 05:05 PM
TrainerJacob

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to TrainerJacob
I've seen some of this series and it's good.
I like "Cerulean Blues" (An episode with Misty in it) I like the part where one of the invincible pokemon brothers says "We're not Team Rocket, but we're blasting off!" and goes through the Team Rocket "Ding"
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid
Gosh Chronicles was amazing. <3; Legend of Thunder was wonderful, but personally I loved all the specials with Richie in them and Journey to the Starting Line. The former because I love Richie and latter because the story was really engaging and cute.

Old May 9th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
The thing about this was, it wasn't really meant to be a series. It was aired as specials between episodes of the Advanced Generation in Japan, which I thought was a pretty neat.

I really hope they manage to dub and air the Brock and Dawn specials that took place after DP sometime though...

BUT YEAH, my favourite episodes would probably either be the Pichu Brothers shorts, or the Legend of Thunder!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links