Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 3rd, 2013 (08:55 PM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
Couldn't decide on a good title for it. I've had this idea for an OVP CC&P thread while I was on leave, and this was inspired by a psychology class lecture. There are two common types of personality, Type A and Type B. One may have a little of both, another may not.

A Type A person can describe themselves as someone who's competitive, extremely organized, sensitive, cares for everything and everyone, and good multitaskers. They tend to get very impatient sometimes, and they are very crunchy on time. A good example for Type A people would be someone who doesn't handle change very well.

A Type B person can describe themselves as someone who's laid back, doesn't care about winning or competitiveness in general, and lacks organization. They tend to be very patient with things, and they tend to be slackers. According to my psychology professor, Type B people also tend to be pretty good at procrastination. A good example for Type B people would be someone who would wear casual clothing in a business meeting.

I answered this in an essay question in my previous exam. I'm more of a type B rather than a type A for numerous reasons. Although I do care for everyone, and I do tend to be a bit organized, that doesn't make me a full type A. I hate being competitive. I love to remain chill in terms of news, and I'm very good with adjusting to change. There will be times that I'll complain and whine about last minute changes, but in the end I'll get over it and be like "meh, whatever."

tl;dr: Type A personality = competitive & organized, Type B personality = laid back & patient. Which one are you? Type A or Type B or a little of both?
that lights up the dark.
Old April 3rd, 2013 (09:36 PM).
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Interesting enough question I suppose.
To answer it, neither.
I can't be profiled so easily, I am not average.
Freakish maybe, but certainly not average!

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old April 3rd, 2013 (10:42 PM).
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I'm MOSTLY type B except for the procrastination/slacker part. I am usually diligent, but I don't give a **** about people's opinions so I do what makes me happy unless it hurts someone else. So I'm a mix. And I am not sloppy. I am organized, but laid back. Make sense kinda?
Old April 3rd, 2013 (10:58 PM).
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Very type B person. I'm really lazy, and rarely ever care about my appearance in public places. (E.g. Shopping malls)

I love psychology, and since I'm going to finish my IGCSEs next year, I hope to take it a a course in college. With an A in Sociology, is it possible?

Pairs - - - 3DS Friend Code - 0103-9972-1307
Old April 4th, 2013 (08:08 AM).
Team Fail
Find your way
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm a 50/50 split right down the middle practically. I am competitive, sensitive and care for others, but I am rather lazy, but patient as well.

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

Old April 4th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I'm 50/50. I'm laid back, but I do care about winning and I'm slightly competitive. I don't feel that I lack organization, but I am incrediblyyyyy patient with things, so long as it isn't something that I'm excited for and I can be quite the slacker most of the time. I'm really rather sensitive and I care for others and things, and I think I'm a good multi-tasker.
Old April 4th, 2013 (09:06 AM).
Esper

Is there no AB or some other letter? I'm competitive, though I don't like to be. I'm not extremely organized, but I like to be organized up to a point. I get impatient, but I'm not a good multitasker, although I'm a procrastinator and can be patient some of the time, but not others.

deviantart blog pair
Old April 4th, 2013 (03:50 PM).
ThatWhiteKid
What is this Math~

Nature: Quirky
I could say I'm both. I'm like, A.5.

I'm competitive sometimes, but when it boils down to it I don't care if I win or lose. I'm organized to a point and with things I care about, but less important things fall to the wayside and systems usually crash. Again, I'm a huge procrastinator but I'm snippy when my TV show doesn't come on as soon as I would like it and I hate when I have to wait through 5 extra minutes of a show I don't care about. I'm a horrible multitasker and I care about everyone and everything. I can be laid back but I'm animated and energetic a lot too, and I like both hanging out with friends and charged (not heated) debate.
Old April 4th, 2013 (04:56 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Im a bit of both types combined, but tend to be more the B type personality. I care for others and want to help which is part A type but I mostly have the B type traits.
Old April 4th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
Caelus
Gone

Honestly a little of both, but more close to type A. I'm not organized but I can be competitive and admittedly a little sensitive. I can get impatient as well but it takes a while before I start to show it.
Old April 4th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
These are pretty restrictive types. :P

I'm mainly type B, I guess? I used to be more of a type A but I've gotten more apathetic and passive about a lot of things as I got older. Probably the only thing from A that really applies to me is I'm good at multitasking. I just don't put that ability to good use. (I am procrastinating on my final assignment of the term in at least 4 different ways right now.)
Old April 4th, 2013 (10:47 PM).
Aslan
the pretender

I'm a bit of both but I'd say I'm closer to Type A. I am competitive I have to admit in all areas whether it'd be schoolwork or sporting events and I tend to make decisions hastily not considering the consequences. I can be impatient at times such as waiting through traffic jams or waiting for a huge announcement to be revealed. I also care for other people and their feelings, I try and help others feel better if I feel it's a right moment to step in, although if I know they want space I'll back off.

But despite all of these Type A qualities I can procrastinate quite a bit, an example is I'd tell myself firmly to complete an assignment after I got a snack and when I come back, I stare at my homework for a while and then say to myself "Nah I can handle this later", and leave it to the last day or so before it's due. I'm also a relaxed and laidback person at times and am hardly stressed, so yeah I'm half half.
Old April 5th, 2013 (02:19 AM).
mimimahboul
Awesomeness Overload

Nature: Jolly
I am more of a B person but there are some things in A I am like I'm sensitive and I care for others.

BECAUSE AWESOMENESS
WAS JUST NOT ENOUGH

3DS Friend Code - 0103-9972-1307 - Paired with Foxrally

Old April 5th, 2013 (02:52 AM).
Synerjee
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

Nature: Quiet
I'm a mixture of both, leaning more towards B. I guess I'm a multitasker of sorts. I'm also sensitive and I do care a lot for everyone and everything, but I'm also quite laid back and I dislike competition. I'd rather go about doing stuff in my own pace rather than getting agitated because someone is faring better than I am (most of the time). I've witnessed for myself one of those times when everyone got so hyped up and I was like just sitting there so calmly, apparently not affected by the emotional atmosphere. Well, that's what others say anyways ahha. Oh, and I procrastinate and slack a LOT.

So, yup. I'm AB-typed. :P

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old April 5th, 2013 (02:54 AM). Edited April 5th, 2013 by Cassino.
Cassino
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
This is as awkwardly restrictive (and possibly as ill-founded) as the Japanese blood type meme.
I'm closer to B, but am not laid-back and casual. I'm certainly calm, but 'laid-back' implies social warmness; while I am a nice person, I'm rather 'distant'.
Old April 5th, 2013 (03:15 AM).
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I slack, but I'm organized. I do sometimes procrastinate but only in certain condition. So I guess imma little of both...

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old April 8th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I think the people who are stressing over whether they're Type A or Type B and picking the flaws in the system are actually people who are Type A but don't want to be.

I'm definitely Type A. I try to be laid back but I care about little things that I shouldn't and they keep me up at night. There are some characteristics of each that fit, but I'm mostly Type A.

Everybody just pick a damn letter!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old April 8th, 2013 (01:30 PM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Yeah, definitely type A is a lot like me- only I don't care for everyone; I care for the people who matter to me a lot though. Everything else about type A sounds a lot like me, though!
Old April 8th, 2013 (01:43 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Hmm...

A Type A person can describe themselves as someone who's competitive, extremely organized, sensitive, cares for everything and everyone, and good multitaskers. They tend to get very impatient sometimes, and they are very crunchy on time. A good example for Type A people would be someone who doesn't handle change very well.

A Type B person can describe themselves as someone who's laid back, doesn't care about winning or competitiveness in general, and lacks organization. They tend to be very patient with things, and they tend to be slackers. According to my psychology professor, Type B people also tend to be pretty good at procrastination. A good example for Type B people would be someone who would wear casual clothing in a business meeting.

I think I'm the things in bold.

Like Kura, I certainly do not care about everything and everyone though. I care about myself and those near and dear to me. I'm also not particularly competitive.
Old April 10th, 2013 (08:23 PM).
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I'm a mixture of type A and B. Like type A, I am extremely sensitive towards others, great at multitasking, I also have a competitive streak when it comes to certain things. Like type B, I am usually very relaxed and laid back, I also procastinate a lot, I prefer casual clothes and I actually have worn sweatpants to a wedding before.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links