The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
In primary school, we pretty much had cursive writing forcefed to us for the first couple of years. I didn't mind it too much, and I sorta picked up on the cursive writing soon enough once I got the hang of it, but it seemed unnecessary and the exercises we got were incredibly boring, based on rote learning and writing the letter over and over and over and over until you got it right.

I pretty much tossed cursive writing overboard once I got to the point where it wasn't yapped on about every day and we could just write whatever the hell way we want. Since then, I pretty much lost the ability to write cursive writing (pretty at least). I don't really use cursive writing in signatures either, since mine's more or less a personalised way that I write my initials with a few fancy frills on it to make it my own.

I can read it just fine too, I just don't feel the necessity to write it in any way. My own print font is just fine by me.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old April 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
We had to learn cursive in Year 4 to get our pen licenses (so we could use pen instead of pencil in our school books) so I've been using it ever since. I love cursive writing, it's kind of like a sign that the old world isn't quite dead yet.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links