The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
First Generation. Obviously it was the first generation I was introduced to Pokemon in general (the anime, the games, etc). However it was the 2nd generation that solidified my interest in it. :3
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
4th gen. pearl was my first game and i was excited as hell when it got shipped from amazon though i saw my friends playing fire red on their gba's a few years prior to that then a friend of mine showed me her diamond version and i wanted to try it and here i am
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
First with Blue. I started at the very beginning, which shows my age some. :\

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old April 13th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Katie_Q
Pokemon master in the making

G/S/c

I loved the anime and remember watching all first episodes. I can't really remember not loving pokemon. I'd watch it, draw pokemon, play with pokemon toys, have imaginary pokemon to play with, but nobody ever told me there were GAMES! I was 7/8 when my uncle game me pokemon silver. I loved that game, but sucked at it. About a year later I got Ruby and Sapphire,Firered and leafgreen and then Emerald which was the first game I ever actually finished. (I had a thing about restarting my games all the time)
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:08 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I'm actually proud to say that I started playing Pokemon around the time of GSC. My cousin gave me my first ever Pokemon Game on the GBC, being Gold and I was hooked on Pokemon since. (Excluding the fact that I was introduced to the TCG waaay before that.)
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Synerjee
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
My very first game was Silver. A very vivid memory tagged along with it as well: I had a level 70+ Fearow, a level 50+ Feraligatr and five other level 2-3 team members at the Pokemon league. Lolol.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
stp
ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
Gen III. Had Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Old April 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM
TwoFacedGaming2013
Unhatched Egg

Gen 1 baby! Still have Blue, not sure where Red is...
Old April 13th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

First. For me it has always been a video game series before anything else.
Though the TCG always appealed, I've still never played it proper.

DA | YT | In the navy, yes, you can sail the seven seas. In the navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Gen I for me! I got into the anime right away and the TCG a bit later. But I didn't actually start playing until Gen III with Emerald. And honestly, I was so against it at first- didn't like the 'mon, didn't know the region, was quite against it because I blamed Hoenn as a whole for Misty leaving lmfao. My first playthrough was a mess- my brother's friend did a lot of it for me because he was a bit controlling and I was baffled- but my second was amazing and wow I do remember the exact moment I fell in love with Gen III and Pokémon as a game series. <3

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:47 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
The first generation was mine, it barely seems as long ago as it was. Me and my brother got Pokemon Blue and Red respectively, and we would always play together. On days in the afternoon, new episodes of Indigo League would come on Heck, I still remember going to see Pokemon: The First Movie and getting special TCG cards for it. Those certainly were good days.

I have to say, looking back, 4Kids put a TON of work into the localization of that season. For all of the bad things you would expect them to do, they did a lot of good for the Indigo League (as well as seasons 2 and 3).
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Gen I here. I grew up playing Blue version while my twin brother played Red version. We would trade, battle, and mess around with the link cable (like disconnecting it during a battle just to see what would happen lol) all the time. The two of us would get the opposite version, but he finally stopped playing in Gen IV. Now, I just buy all/most of the main versions myself.
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
gen 1 on blue was my first foray even if my team was horrid at the time.

Gotta love the high life.
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I was a baby when the Pokemon anime came out, so Gen I introduced me to Pokemon, but I did not get any of the games until Gen IV, my first game being Pokemon Diamond. (Not counting the times I "borrowed" my little brother's Sapphire and Pearl)

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old April 13th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Sapphire was my first Pokemon game, and after I finished it I begged my parents to get me Emerald. I later went back a generation and got Gold, Crystal, and Yellow. I remember also very distinctly playing Mystery Dungeon frequently I think I got into Pokemon a couple years before Gen 4.
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Aurora
PokeCommunity's edgelord

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
Technically, my first Pokemon game was FireRed (which I've since lost), but I was only very young when I got it and so I don't consider that the first game I seriously "played". Diamond would be more fitting, as I actually knew what I was doing with it and got seriously engrossed in it (I ended up getting about ~350 Pokemon before my save file corrupted).

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My first generation was Gen I! I started out with Yellow and haven't stopped since. Back then, Pokémon like Pikachu and Onix were absolutely fascinating to me because they were just so different to anything I'd ever experienced, but now looking back they're just the tip of the Pokémon iceberg in diversity. Pokémon has come a long way since Gen I but I've followed the franchise the whole time and I'm loving the progress they've made. Gen V was a bit... ehhh... but holding out hope for Gen VI!
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I was first introduced to Pokemon with the first generation, since I believe my brother got Pokemon Blue for his birthday when he was 6 or something, so it was both the first Pokemon game and the first game I played. And while I've always loved everything about the first generation; the region, the Pokemon, etc., the second generation is actually my favourite. I always had more fun with Johto, and Silver was also the first game I didn't have to share with anyone, and thus it was the one I played the most, and with the experiences I had, it became my favourite generation. I also liked the seasons of the anime that took place in Johto the most, which is just adds to it all.
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
My very first game was Silver. A very vivid memory tagged along with it as well: I had a level 70+ Fearow, a level 50+ Feraligatr and five other level 2-3 team members at the Pokemon league. Lolol.
Congrats on being the only person ever to train a Fearow!

My first game was Pokémon Gold, which I first played at the age of 6 I believe. I don't really remember much from when I was that young, except that I really enjoyed the game and that everyone at school were playing which made it even more fun. Gen II, yay!
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Arceus_17
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
My first game was Pokémon Yellow and i got it when I was 5. Since I didn't understand a word of English by then, I took months to complete the game and many many weeks to realise how to get into Saffron City >.>
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
A Trainer since 1999. I was 7, possibly 8 and Blue Version was my first game. So Generation Uno.
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM
extremegunner
Unhatched Egg

Gen 1. Red. Best times in my childhood.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I got Blue when i was 6. So gen 1.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
The first Pokemon game I owned was Pokemon Colosseum, sad to say. I've played many others before then, most notably Pokemon Yellow. I've been with Pokemon since Generation 1, so I like to look back and see how Pokemon has changed since then.
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to #18
Generation 1, I was around 11 when I got my copy of Pokemon Red. The Kanto region will always be my favorite due to good memories & such.

❤ 18
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here