Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
How would people describe you in social situations?

My coworkers (who are really the only people I interact with, bar a few friends that I hang out with from time to time) tell me that I'm shameless and don't have many boundaries. I take them both as a compliment.
Old April 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
"Shameless and without boundaries" works pretty well for me too. It's weird because people WANT me to talk about strange, otherwise taboo topics. At a Halloween party last year the host asked me to inform a group of guests on why I hate a certain thing that I can't name in order to keep it PG and I did so without so much as blinking in hesitation.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
"Shameless and without boundaries" works pretty well for me too. It's weird because people WANT me to talk about strange, otherwise taboo topics. At a Halloween party last year the host asked me to inform a group of guests on why I hate a certain thing that I can't name in order to keep it PG and I did so without so much as blinking in hesitation.
Yeah same here. I just talk about what I want in public. I don't care if I'm not being politically correct, it is my opinion. Free speech, baby.

I tend to be open about topics and express my opinion but I do keep quiet sometimes if it's a bit too controversial.

In a situation where I have to meet new people, I'm usually SUPER obnoxious and outgoing if I'm not around my parents, so I tend to be the one to joke around and make a lasting impression on new people.
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I have really bad social anxiety. I am very, VERY shy and quiet in real life. It takes me a long time to open up to people. If I don't know you well, I will pretty much be silent. You usually have to say something to me in order to get me to talk. It's kind of bad.

I am much more open online, which I why I like going on forums, etc.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
If I don't know you, I'm quiet and socially awkward.

If we know each other, I'm (according to other people) funny, more friendly, kind, etc. Though, as my best friend has told me, people *think* I'm nice...then they get to know me. ;D Though that was just because I drove a specific person insane for a few weeks by making them paranoid with prank calls and texts until they threatened to call the police.
I am in the process of leaving PC and IRC channels associated with it.
If you wish to contact me, this is my channel:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23SableyeCorner
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; April 5th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Awkward plain and simple even if I know you well enough.
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
I'm not really great in social situations, due to the fact that I have social anxiety. I really don't like talking around people I don't know very well, even if I have close friends with me. It's not quite as bad online, but I do still get anxeity sometimes.
"War.
War never
changes."
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
My friend tell me I'm a lose canon, but at the same time one of the nicest people they know.

Not exactly sure what that means, but I take it as a nice dude who will do basically anything... to make people happy? I dunno. :c

If I don't know a person, I usually will strike a conversation up, though. I'm not so shy, I guess.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

In a social situation, I usually am the quiet person. I just listen to others talking and dont speak up much. Im awkward like that.
BMGf Ever Grande City
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
It used to be that people thought I was intimidating constantly, but lately i've been hearing stuff like:
"You're a musician aren't you?" and "You seen like a musician, I think the hat really adds to it." :?

I don't mind being picked out as a musician I guess, as I am one. At least people don't avoid me now... (Instead they let their guard down. :} )

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I'm quiet but not awkward. I like to listen more than talk in social situations, unless I'm really into it in which case I'll contribute to the free flow.

I don't know how other people would describe me, though. You'd have to ask them!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old April 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Caelus
Gone

I get told that I'm nice by a lot of people. I've started getting a little meaner lately but only because people joke around with me so I'm starting to get jokes myself (nice people don't get very far, apparently); otherwise I generally don't have a problem with someone and it takes awhile for me to really dislike someone.

Some people find me funny once they get to know me and once I understand what makes them laugh; until then I usually stray myself from saying anything funny to people I don't know well enough.
-
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:28 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm quite reserved and quiet. I prefer to listen and be in the background of a conversation rather than in its centre. But that doesn't mean I don't contribute, I just...seldom contribute haha.
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:11 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Quiet, conservative and sober. Likes to be left alone if unnecessary, and very helpful in times of need.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I have really bad social anxiety. I am very, VERY shy and quiet in real life. It takes me a long time to open up to people. If I don't know you well, I will pretty much be silent. You usually have to say something to me in order to get me to talk. It's kind of bad.

I am much more open online, which I why I like going on forums, etc.
I'm the same way. I'm pretty reclusive and quiet for the most part, especially around people I don't know. The only exception is when I'm working and when I'm with my friends.

In my field, half the time I'm dealing with animals, and half the time I'm dealing with people. I feel extremely comfortable in this environment, and I confidently answer any questions thrown my way. The problem is when I'm thrown into a situation where boundaries are crossed and where people are constantly pushing the envelope. Unfortunately, most things fall into the latter category. Situations aren't always predictable, and that makes me really anxious.

(Also, Rai, I love your avatar.)
Tumblr | DeviantART | YouTube
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalreaper View Post
Situations aren't always predictable, and that makes me really anxious.

(Also, Rai, I love your avatar.)
Exactly! Most situations are unpredictable and I get really anxious or nervous about what to say or how to react. I am always afraid that I am going to say or act wrongly in uncomfortable situations and end up making things even more awkward .-. I am glad someone else knows how I feel.

And yay thanks! :3 And I like the sleepy Persian in your signature, it is so cute!

Last edited by Rai; April 11th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Exactly! Most situations are unpredictable and I get really anxious or nervous about what to say or how to react. I am always afraid that I am going to say or act wrongly in uncomfortable situations and end up making things even more awkward .-. I am glad someone else knows how I feel.

And yay thanks! :3 And I like the sleepy Persian in your signature, it is so cute!
Yeah. I like to know what's coming, which is why work environments are easier to deal with. If situations aren't predictable, and I'm constantly caught off guard, and it makes things pretty awkward.

Thank you!
Tumblr | DeviantART | YouTube
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here