The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:36 AM
zypher634
zypher634

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to zypher634

Advertise here
would you consider someone that spends over 200 man hours attempting to get their perfect team a hardcore pokemon fan? ive spend close to that now and by perfect I mean hatching eggs using the masuda method as well trying to get shinys as well. im still tryin to get a shiny beldum and I have over 100 now. would you consider me a hardcore fan and if not what would you consider a hardcore fan?

my best team is explained by the picture. the 6th member depends on who im challenging.

you can view my nuzlocke run and other awesome videos at www.youtube.com/zypher634

Friendcode for Black version : 0863-2606-8000
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Holy shinx.

Dude, not saying you're have no life or anything, but get off that DS! Or at least play something else! That isn't hardcore, that's titaniumcore, too much.

Good luck.

Pairs - -
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:05 AM
zypher634
zypher634

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to zypher634
im a youtuber its what I do. I make videos of me playing games and pokemon happens to be one of them. im trying to get zebstrika and metagross and my team will be perfect. its mainly because the regionals are coming up soon

my best team is explained by the picture. the 6th member depends on who im challenging.

you can view my nuzlocke run and other awesome videos at www.youtube.com/zypher634

Friendcode for Black version : 0863-2606-8000
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
DragoniteIsTerrible
Unhatched Egg

I don't see why you'd try so hard, you have 4 false legendaries, and charizard who i think is overrated, dragonite would also be overrated, although, what you're doing with shinies and what not, is a bit too far.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
Sorry dude but I've got four for you, "It's just a game!"
Don't take games into such a serious matter.
I personally don't think that getting addicted to Pokemon is "hardcore". Just sayin'.
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Stormborn
Indecisive

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah that's a bit too much.

I could possibly understand 200 hours (personally I stop after 50) for all of your game time but 200 for one team is extreme. Though it's your choice how you spend your time.
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
Like Stormborn already said it's your time so you choose how to spend it but 200 hours for one team is a bit excessive...

The most playtime I've had for one save file was my original Pearl Version at 500 hours, which mind you is a 6 year old save file with many hours spent on Wi-Fi.

Still, it's your time so ultimately your choice, but that doesn't sound very healthy, to me at least.
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Arlo

Um... no. No offense meant, but no. It's not an issue of the time spent - it's what you've spent it on. If you'd invested all that time into getting beneficial natures, good stats, appropriate EVs and optimum movesets on viable pokemon, then maybe, but to invest all that time into getting shinies of overrated, overused pseudolegendaries? Nah. Sorry.
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
joshbl56
Feeling better?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zypher634 View Post
would you consider someone that spends over 200 man hours attempting to get their perfect team a hardcore pokemon fan? ive spend close to that now and by perfect I mean hatching eggs using the masuda method as well trying to get shinys as well. im still tryin to get a shiny beldum and I have over 100 now. would you consider me a hardcore fan and if not what would you consider a hardcore fan?
Quick question, why not just RNGing? It would seem to be much (much!) quicker than trying to use the Masuda method and you won't get as many people freaking out when you say you spend 20~30 hours just getting your perfect Pokemon team.

Click on the picture to see the page for the challenge
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Andy Joe
Booted out - don't be like me!

To be hard core fan you must have a collection of toys of all the Pokemon character.
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:39 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Little extreme, I broke 200 hours on my SoulSilver game and that took the better half of a year.
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
I'm just gonna close this. It doesn't bring much discussion and almost everyone has told you the same thing. :/

Locked.

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here