Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page More Talking Pokemon?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old April 6th, 2013 (06:00 AM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Treble Harble Send a message via Skype™ to Treble Harble
Since not only Meowth can talk...what Pokemon would you like to see talking without telepathy?

I honestly want to see a Cherubi learn how to talk. It would be cute and at least not only Meowth would be able to talk. But then again I don't think any other Pokemon will ever be able to talk, but if another learns I really think it would be a Psychic type. Remember that Slowking? We have no idea how it can talk so... I'll just consider that another Psychic type will learn how to talk. Or better yet... a Blissey. There are quite a lot of possibilities! So who knows?
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 6th, 2013 (06:50 AM). Edited April 6th, 2013 by Aquacorde.
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
If there was another Pokémon that had learned how to speak without mimicking, telepathy, or similar... I dunno. I'd like it to have a backstory as to why this happened. And it being shown to have taken on human-ish characteristics. But also I don't know if it would work very well? Like what reasons could they have that would equal or top Meowth's story? I think the Pokémon do well with what they've got and show significant amounts of individuality through that already.

One thing I was kind of thinking though... a Ditto or Zorua that could talk when taking on human form? I'm a little iffy on Zorua- the one in the movie used telepathy, but Luke's doesn't. And in theory its transformations are illusions rather than physical transformations, but it can touch and hold things in those forms? so idk about that.
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old April 6th, 2013 (07:07 AM).
Summoner of the Great Spirits
Silver Tier

Wasn't there a speaking Ghastly in season one, too? It could also transform to different Pokemon and create even mixes of them, I think.

At least some of the psychic type Pokemon should be able to speak, I mean Alakazam has an IQ of, I think 5000?
Old April 6th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Send a message via AIM to Treble Harble Send a message via Skype™ to Treble Harble
Quote originally posted by R.F.:
Wasn't there a speaking Ghastly in season one, too? It could also transform to different Pokemon and create even mixes of them, I think.
Nope. The Ghastly couldn't talk. The Ghastly was controlling Meowth so it was saying what Ghastly wanted to say.

Quote:
At least some of the psychic type Pokemon should be able to speak, I mean Alakazam has an IQ of, I think 5000?
I was thinking Alakazam should learn how to speak. You are correct about it having an IQ of 5,000. I honestly wonder why it can't talk yet.

@EternallyAnna: It should be able to do that if you ask me because it is becoming a human. That wouldn't make much sense to me, though because the Pokemon can't talk to begin with, but... you do make a good point.
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 6th, 2013 (09:22 AM).
Bruhfication Sayan
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
I don't think any pokemon should talk apart from Meowth.
Old April 6th, 2013 (11:16 AM).
Lametrainer

I think only few Pokemon should talk as they tend to be a bit funny... or wise
If many Pokemon started talking then the show will become more like Digimon, & although that would be cool as heck I believe Pokemon is unique the way it is.

However they could make 1 episode where a scientist develops a device for communication with Pokemon & Ash tries it but it gets stolen by some team or something that would be cool
Old April 6th, 2013 (11:27 AM).

An Alakazam maybe? All that IQ and they still haven't shown a talking one.

If meowth can learn how to talk then surely all Alakazams are capable of learning....or is their laziness as exceptional as their IQ?

Meowth is really an anomaly though, I don't think his purpose was to show that pokemon could learn to talk....just to be a talking pokemon. "Oh look kids, that meowth can talk! O.O"
Old April 6th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
Silver Tier

I'd want to see Pikachu talk xD

I think it would be fun to see him communicate with Ash and co. and to know what that little guy is thinking.

On reduced activity due to finals and college graduation.

Be back in full swing soon.
Twitter l Tumblr l PC Mentor
Old April 6th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
Quote:
@EternallyAnna: It should be able to do that if you ask me because it is becoming a human. That wouldn't make much sense to me, though because the Pokemon can't talk to begin with, but... you do make a good point.
Mm but I'm thinking physically human=having vocal chords that can produce human sounds. I know it's a fantastical setting, but this would make the most sense if you were to pick a Pokemon to learn to speak. A few bird Pokemon might work as well if they broke out of the mimicry and started using words memorized as a way to communicate.

Meowth is certainly an anomaly though, and I don't really think that nearly defining trait of his should be given to another Pokemon.
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:01 AM).

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
I would like to see Pikachu talk even if it was just for one episode. In fact, there could be a whole episode or double-episode which revolves around Ash where he wakes up one morning to find that he can understand pokemon for just one day even though no-one else will be able to understand them and think Ash is crazy.
Old April 7th, 2013 (04:37 PM).
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
if you guys like pokemon talking so much you should just watch the mystery dungeon episodes...
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 7th, 2013 (10:01 PM).

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
The Mystery Dungeon episodes were good, there should be more though instead of just three one-offs.

Sponsored Links