Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old April 12th, 2013 (11:18 AM). Edited April 12th, 2013 by Xander Olivieri.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Lapras*:
(so maybe they'll fix ahem alomomola/luvdisc & bouffalant/tauros this time)
Can we not bring this up ever again?

They are not related.
They were never supposed to be related.
They were never designed to be related.
They WILL never be related.

There is nothing to fix as nothing is broken. They shall never be related. No Pokemon in Generation 5 is related to ANY Pokemon from a previous title.

CoroCoro leaks have begun. Its all about the new Mewtwo thing.

This from Pokejungle:
The scan reads “NEW Pokémon discovery! It looks like Mewtwo?!”

Apparently there is a comic book with some of the new movie in it too!
Could it be that the secrets behind the mysterious new Pokémon will be revealed prior to the Movie Trailer due on the 18th? A mere Mewtwo Forme or in fact a Newtwo!? Keep checking back for leaks!

My predictions. It'll be a large picture of the new Mewthing....all its info will be ??? and it'll have screen shots surrounding it IF it gets a full page to itself. If it doesn't get a full page to itself it'll appear as a part of a larger page specifically for the movie with nothing new on it.
Old April 12th, 2013 (11:42 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Can we not bring this up ever again?

They are not related.
They were never supposed to be related.
They were never designed to be related.
They WILL never be related.

There is nothing to fix as nothing is broken. They shall never be related. No Pokemon in Generation 5 is related to ANY Pokemon from a previous title.

CoroCoro leaks have begun. Its all about the new Mewtwo thing.

This from Pokejungle:
The scan reads “NEW Pokémon discovery! It looks like Mewtwo?!”

Apparently there is a comic book with some of the new movie in it too!
Could it be that the secrets behind the mysterious new Pokémon will be revealed prior to the Movie Trailer due on the 18th? A mere Mewtwo Forme or in fact a Newtwo!? Keep checking back for leaks!

My predictions. It'll be a large picture of the new Mewthing....all its info will be ??? and it'll have screen shots surrounding it IF it gets a full page to itself. If it doesn't get a full page to itself it'll appear as a part of a larger page specifically for the movie with nothing new on it.
I was hoping this might happen, hopefully it will have some info. If there's another forme/ new Pokemon other than the one we saw last week than I'm hoping they show it this time around, if not than I'm guessing it'll be revealed next time...
Old April 12th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
BREAKING: New Mewtwo forme inherently evil. Film at 11.

Joking aside, you knew they were going to cover this revelation in the issue. There was no way they weren't. However, the question becomes whether we'll learn more. I'm guessing no.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 12th, 2013 (01:26 PM).
Munch?

Nature: Serious
I'm really interested in why they are doing this. I know when I see the movie it will make a lot of sense why its getting a new form. (or is a new pokemon) Either way we will get new evos from previous gens (We already have, Sylveon) and I'm positive the storyline behind the "Newtwo" will be awesome and make sense

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old April 12th, 2013 (09:05 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Sadly, I think CoroCoro is just going to restate what we already know...
And I think that none of us will find out whether NewMew is actually NewMew or just a mere forme until the movie comes out...and that's a while away.
Old April 12th, 2013 (09:52 PM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I'm 95% sure it's a forme anyway. There's a bit of wishful thinking in my reasoning, but let me put it this way: if regular Pokémon can get evolutions in further gens, why can't old legendary Pokémon get new formes in further gens as well? Formes are even better since, if you don't like them, you don't even need to use them.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old April 12th, 2013 (10:17 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Cerberus87:
I'm 95% sure it's a forme anyway. There's a bit of wishful thinking in my reasoning, but let me put it this way: if regular Pokémon can get evolutions in further gens, why can't old legendary Pokémon get new formes in further gens as well? Formes are even better since, if you don't like them, you don't even need to use them.
"Though it doesn't reveal anything new, CoroCoro also reveals the pieces about the new Pokémon revealed last week. In doing so, it confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape. Thanks to gin for translations. We'll provide more on this as and when it comes"

Found on Serebii sooo I'd go with what it says in it being a new forme. n_n
Old April 12th, 2013 (10:27 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
This makes me angry.

There could have been a lot of story potential with a Mewthree. They better have some good stuff for this new forme.
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old April 12th, 2013 (10:43 PM).

According to Serebii is says on one of these that its a new Form. I may be late with this but still no one posted the pictures yet.

Though I'm waiting for the sites to update to be 100% sure since Serebii translations cannot be trusted anymore. Odd are they are right, but after their last he said she said fiasco which turned out completely false, credit has been lost in their translator.

Since its just a form, I'm seeing a possible Keldeo reoccurance. No changes other than visual.
Old April 12th, 2013 (10:51 PM).
highly-functioning sociopath

Quote originally posted by EternallyAnna:
This makes me angry.

There could have been a lot of story potential with a Mewthree. They better have some good stuff for this new forme.
I think the Mewtwo forme has just as much story potential as any other legendary. There could be a story on how it achieved the forme, the item's story, etc.

Old April 12th, 2013 (10:54 PM).

Quote originally posted by Logiedan:
I think the Mewtwo forme has just as much story potential as any other legendary. There could be a story on how it achieved the forme, the item's story, etc.
History shows that they never show the item used to transform in the Anime version. We most likely won't find out how to do his in game form change until later. I doubt we'll get much in terms of a story as well as Mewtwo most likely won't play a major part in the new games. He'll be trade over to get new form like Keldeo and the Kami were.
Old April 12th, 2013 (11:11 PM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I honestly hope that new form changes something about Mewtwo stat wise and isn't just a new form for the sake of a new form, a la Keldeo. Otherwise I might be disappointed.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old April 13th, 2013 (02:34 AM).
myDreamWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
In a sense, I am kind of disappointed that it's a form. I was hoping it was a new Pokemon altogether, but I guess you can't really have everything. xD So much for mewthree, right?

In any case, I think Mewtwo's new form looks better than the original, so all is not lost.

» my dreamiverse
Old April 13th, 2013 (04:13 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It's not so surprising to find out Newtwo is a new form of Mewtwo, it was either that or a new standalone Pokèmon with ties to Mewtwo. I will admit though, I am slightly disappointed. I was really hoping they would have gone with the failed experiment route. It would have just seemed a bit more organic than the idea of Mewtwo "awakening with its new shape". Although, that could just be for the movie.

Any guesses as to what the new form will be called? Mewtwo Awakened Form anyone?
Old April 13th, 2013 (05:48 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
No surprise there, but this also raises another question: Will this allow Mewtwo to return in Super Smash Bros. not only as a veteran character but also as a Gen VI rep with his new forme as either his new appearance or his final smash? That's the only thing that matters for me about all of this Newtwo fiasco going on.
Old April 13th, 2013 (06:34 AM).
Silver Tier

Not really surprised, I always expected it to be a new forme.

I think it may be call Awaken forme. Now if it has another forme, maybe it'll be Sleep/Meditation forme, and it's Original...may not have a name sort of like Greyish Kyurem is just called Kyurem.
Old April 13th, 2013 (07:12 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
No surprise there, but this also raises another question: Will this allow Mewtwo to return in Super Smash Bros. not only as a veteran character but also as a Gen VI rep with his new forme as either his new appearance or his final smash? That's the only thing that matters for me about all of this Newtwo fiasco going on.
I love the idea of the Final Smash being the new Forme, or you become the more powerful Forme for 15 seconds, or something.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 13th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
Writer

I am a little disappointed.

Mewtwo has a strong symbolism to me, as that "distant" and "superior" pokémon, stronger than any made before. It stands on a throne. Giving it a new forme is just like saying: "Yeah Mewtwo, you're no longer good enough as it is, so we'll just "awaken" you". ******** :s
Old April 13th, 2013 (08:53 AM).
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I knew it was a new form anyway. I think it will be called "Awakened Form". It looks less threatening than Mewtwo, so I didn't think it would make sense as Mewthree, maybe a failed experiment before Mewtwo, but that was it.

I just hope it's stronger in this form. Mewtwo's already one of the strongest Pokemon to exist, so this form had better not disappoint. Wonder how high his base stats will be?

Am I the only one that's glad Mewtwo got a new form? Makes sense that the (former) strongest Pokemon in the world would have something like that up his sleeve.

On another note, this gives me hope that Mewtwo will make a return in the next Smash as a playable character again. Maybe he will play like Zelda/Sheik.
Old April 13th, 2013 (09:18 AM).

Im not sure if i like the idea of going back and giving old Pokemon new forms. It just seems... wrong. Who knows though, maybe the design will grow on me?
Old April 13th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
Silver Tier

Maybe Celebi will have one xD Can't imagine Johto's having different formes tbh...

I see Mewtwo learning it's signature move like Keldeo, when transforming to this forme...well when it doesn't have it that is.
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:06 AM).
Gold Tier

I feel like they may go down a different route than it simply learning a move to change forms. There's the bonding system, maybe that will play a part. There probably will also be more new game mechanics, so that could affect Mewtwo's transformation as well.
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
so it's just another forme after all? meh, that's just lazy, Gamefreak, I am Disappoint.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:51 AM). Edited April 13th, 2013 by flight.
myDreamWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Shiny Celebi:
I feel like they may go down a different route than it simply learning a move to change forms. There's the bonding system, maybe that will play a part. There probably will also be more new game mechanics, so that could affect Mewtwo's transformation as well.
Keep in mind that evolutionary methods pretty much stayed stagnant until Gen IV, in which Pokemon gained new evolutionary methods in the form of evolving via movesets. It's entirely possible that Gen 6 would introduce new evolutionary methods, but for the most part I think it's largely going to be the same. Just wanted to point that out. ^^;

Also, Gen II introduced evolution via day/night system, so those are really the only two changes. D:

» my dreamiverse
Old April 13th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
Writer

Anyone thought maybe "Newtwo" is a "fusion" between Mew and Mewtwo?

Like Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram.. His legs remind me of Mew's rather than Mewtwo's and his expression looks "softer" (not as cold or strong) than Mewtwo's, making it half-way between Mewtwo's expression and Mew's.

Or maybe I'm just seeing things where they don't exist o.o
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links