Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old April 16th, 2013 (02:07 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Given it's a new forme I do wonder if it'll be more physically based than the other one. It looks like it could be a big psystrike abuser really. Anyone else wondering this?
Old April 16th, 2013 (02:35 AM).
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Given it's a new forme I do wonder if it'll be more physically based than the other one. It looks like it could be a big psystrike abuser really. Anyone else wondering this?
Yeah, I do think so too... :3

Mewtwo has great stats and moveset and I think Mewtwo's New form will have awesome movesets that would really make players want it badly.
Old April 16th, 2013 (05:12 AM).
fighter WINNER »
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
As far as stats go, I don't really expect for them to really change much. At least, here's my vision of what the stat spread should be for this form:

Mewtwo's Spread:

HP: 106
Attack: 110
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 154
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 130.

Going into this form, the new changes would be as such:

Attack: 154
Defense:: 90
Special Attack: 110
Speed: 110 (?)

It might get slower. Thundurus got slower (iirc? Or was it Landorus?) when it had it's Therian form, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to this new form here.

Today, we fight our way to victory
VMPMAMA
And to fight to create our legacy.
Old April 16th, 2013 (06:19 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
As far as stats go, I don't really expect for them to really change much. At least, here's my vision of what the stat spread should be for this form:

Mewtwo's Spread:

Attack: 110
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 154
Speed: 130.

Going into this form, the new changes would be as such:

Attack: 154
Defense:: 90
Special Attack: 110
Speed: 110 (?)

It might get slower. Thundurus got slower (iirc? Or was it Landorus?) when it had it's Therian form, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to this new form here.
Lanorus takes 10 from speed and 10 from Sp.Atk and gives 20 to its attack. Your Mewtwo spread loses 20 points. I don't see a point to making a form that supposed to be stonger but loses total points. Thogh thats basically what i see happening.
Old April 16th, 2013 (06:41 AM).
fighter WINNER »
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Lanorus takes 10 from speed and 10 from Sp.Atk and gives 20 to its attack. Your Mewtwo spread loses 20 points. I don't see a point to making a form that supposed to be stonger but loses total points. Thogh thats basically what i see happening.
Ah, I see. So it would make more sense if I subtracted 20 points from speed, and added that to it's attack, making this new Mewtwo form a more physical-version than it's special counterpart?

VMPMAMA
Old April 16th, 2013 (07:47 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I actually expect it to gain a larger BST, however they can still change up it's stats... this Mewtwo strikes me as the fast kind. Maybe take 20 from attack and give them to speed?
Old April 16th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
fighter WINNER »
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I actually expect it to gain a larger BST, however they can still change up it's stats... this Mewtwo strikes me as the fast kind. Maybe take 20 from attack and give them to speed?
The problem is that I doubt the significant change is just going to be in speed. Whch is why I took 20 from speed and put it into attack, because if any change is going to occur, I figured this would be the more physical-version of Mewtwo. Going from it's design, I'd imagine that it'd have similar defenses (it doesn't exactly look like that much of a toothpick), but at the same time, it looks pretty meek, meaning that it'd be quite faster to some sort of extent.

If anything, swap Mewtwo's attack and Special attack, and take 10-15 from Special Attack and put it into Speed. Does that make more sense?

VMPMAMA
Old April 16th, 2013 (12:36 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
The only two Pokemon that change BST are Rotom and Kyurem mostly due to the outside influence. All the others remain the same. With Mewtwo being 680 BST I don't see them adding more to him. If they don't go to the attack format I see them shifting Attack and Defense and Special Attack and Special Defense. Its either a shift stat change or a no stat change like Keldeo.

Considering all the moves they shown in the video were all Special attacks that Mewtwo could already learn, I'm leaning towards no stat change at all if not a shift to giving him more Sp. Attack from another stat like Attack.
Old April 16th, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Psystrike is a stronger Psyshock. It hits Defense but it's powered by Special Attack.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old April 16th, 2013 (05:46 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I see it becoming a faster special sweeper.
Old April 17th, 2013 (03:23 AM).
fighter WINNER »
Platinum Tier

Having giving it a bit of thought....I suppose I wouldn't really mind a special sweeper in this guy, though I was hoping for something more unique, like shifting more towards Attack than special attack. It'd be cool if more physical things could be more viable for it (Zen Headbutt/Fire (or Ice) Punch/ Earthquake / (insert other move here). It'd just be an interesting mix, is all. xD

VMPMAMA
Old April 17th, 2013 (03:32 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

I was thinking about it like, as Zen Headbutt ;_; Okay, great Zen Headbutt user (or another physical Psychic-type attack) then definitely :3
Old April 17th, 2013 (05:50 AM).
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
No more forms omg! Please?! I can't take it. Why did they have to ruin an old school legendary?! -.-
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old April 17th, 2013 (11:06 AM).

Maybe it could be a cross between mew and mewtwo?
Old April 17th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by WishCookie:
No more forms omg! Please?! I can't take it. Why did they have to ruin an old school legendary?! -.-
Considering it's a form, meaning it's completely optional, I wouldn't go as far as saying it ruined one of Pokémon's most iconic legendaries.

Quote originally posted by Markopolo:
Maybe it could be a cross between mew and mewtwo?
I'm not saying it's not possible, because we know very little at the moment, but I'm doubting Mew will have any factor into Mewtwo's new form.
Old April 17th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
fighter WINNER »
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
I'm not saying it's not possible, because we know very little at the moment, but I'm doubting Mew will have any factor into Mewtwo's new form.
It's kind of a sad thing that this is most likely going to be the case. I remember complaining a lot before in this thread about Mew being left out lol @__@ Maybe it should get a new form but I don't want it to look awkward or anything like that...

On second thought, perhaps not. Mew with a headtail....maybe that's not such a good idea, after all. xD

VMPMAMA
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:08 PM).
just a guy
CS

Nonononononono! Mewtwo getting a new form is more than enough. Mew doesn't need one too. Mew can already transform into any Pokémon it wants, that's fair enough.
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:27 PM).
شكرا
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Might as well post my thoughts.

I'm a mixed bag with this. I like the new form's design, but at the same time, the fact that it's Mewtwo's alternate form and not a new Pokemon entirely is kind of disappointing. I would figure that Mewtwo would have known/found out about an alternate form relatively soon after he was created... not a decade later. If they can make it seem logical, then alright, I can deal with it.

What really bothers me is the fact that the new form looks like it would be better of as an original form. The original Mewtwo looks more BA and would suite a second form much better than this. The only way this new form would make sense is if 1)the new form is supposed to represent a speed form of sorts, like Deoxys (cause the new form looks more slick and faster imo) or 2)Mewtwo got abducted by aliens and they gave him his powers.

Still remains to be seen about how I really feel about this new form, considering a lot revolving it is speculation. But I'm optimistic.
Old April 17th, 2013 (03:17 PM).
just a guy
CS

Unless X/Y gives us a cutscene like they did in B2W2 showing Kyurem transform to its other form for Mewtwo, here's how it will look in the anime. Keep in mind, we're not talking about the anime here. That should take place in the Pokèmon Anime forum under its Episode Discussion sub-forum.

Old April 17th, 2013 (03:31 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Yup, I'm gloating now.

It seems weird that he would entirely vanish like that, however, before reappearing in the new Forme. But that is how they would do it in the game (actually, in B/W/B2/W2, they basically tear a Pokémon into pieces and rebuild it, so that's even odder).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 17th, 2013 (03:34 PM).
just a guy
CS

Even if Mewtwo's new form is just a small in-game event that you can unlock in X/Y, I hope they show us a cutscene similar to the one in B2W2 that shows Mewtwo transforming into its new form. A detailed transformation that is.
Old April 17th, 2013 (03:56 PM).
1000://PowHammers

Nature: Quirky
A tweet from serebii mentioned that the movie called this form "Awakened Mewtwo". It's..not really clear if this is the official name yet.

(Source if you wanna see it: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Maybe in the game, a cut-scene will see Mewtwo be "awakened" somehow, into this form?

*formerly known as Miss Doronjo* NES DiscussionOBJECTION!30 Days of Gaming
Old April 17th, 2013 (04:02 PM).
just a guy
CS

Awakened Mewtwo is close to my earlier guess, which was Mewtwo Awakened Form. I have to say, I like their choice of name better. It does make the most sense though given that this is supposedly Mewtwo's new form after awakening. I wonder if X/Y will keep this reasoning behind its new form in the game or alter it.
Old April 17th, 2013 (04:09 PM).
fighter WINNER »
Platinum Tier

Otherwise known as Mewtwo-A, if one ever wants to put that thing on an Ubers team (most likely it'll be uber, anyway). Seems like a pretty decent name to me. n__n

VMPMAMA
Old April 17th, 2013 (04:47 PM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Is that Mewtwo's voice in the trailer? If it is, then those who called Awakened Mewtwo a "feminine" Mewtwo forme were right! I was almost surprised when I heard it!

Sponsored Links