Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old April 6th, 2013 (08:13 PM).
The one and only!

Nature: Jolly
Hmm...guessing this isn't Mew two, rather, it is a creature created by Mew two himself, by altering his own DNA, so he has someone he can talk to with an equal footing.Who's to say he wouldn't get lonely, being the only one of his kind, after all...

...but I like Xander's idea more.
Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Old April 6th, 2013 (08:14 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by H.Vega:
I think it's pretty neat. I was just on vp and they changed their pokemon board name to RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD. There's a lot of butthurt going on there right now.

I think it's a forme. One, it replaces mewtwo on the movie poster, and two, pokemon.com said the same thing about kyurem's new formes.
They called the Kyurem Forms a new Pokemon, but when they updated their site they said Kyurem can transform into those forms, how was just a mystery. This time they say that its related to Mewtwo, but is a separate Pokemon. Its not exactly the same case.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:18 PM).
Blue-Steel

Nature: Jolly
I agree with Xander. I can't see anyone being able to clone Mewtwo without his compliance. Plus GameFreak I'm sure knows that many fans still view him as the ultimate legendary. THE BA of Pokemon. Mew two simply doesn't belong in anyone's shadow.

That's why I think this 'MewThree' is another Mew clone, if it's indeed a new Pokemon. Perhaps Rocket is back and believe now, with current (genetic) technology they can succeed in creating a controllable Mew clone. Possibly creating it with the intention of countering and controlling MewTwo so he can be used for his original purpose.

MewThree has awesome potential. I like the design too.
Current Monotype Unevolved Emerald Challenge; COMPLETED 51:52
The Final Chapter
Team:

Old April 6th, 2013 (08:19 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
They called the Kyurem Forms a new Pokemon, but when they updated their site they said Kyurem can transform into those forms, how was just a mystery. This time they say that its related to Mewtwo, but is a separate Pokemon. Its not exactly the same case.
They probably hadn't finalized it yet, and thought they'd be new...but then decided to tie them to Kyurem and create the story? My best guess.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 6th, 2013 (08:21 PM).
Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
What if this new Mew is a mix of Mewtwo and Mew? It's a more "perfect" clone of Mew! It also makes sense because you wouldn't be able to take apart B/W Kyurem without the DNA splicers. So maybe they tie into the storyline again, so you can mix Mew and Mewtwo, and still be able to take apart and put together Kyurem. I mean, it looks like a Mew/Mewtwo mix!
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:22 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
Quote:
They probably hadn't finalized it yet, and thought they'd be new...but then decided to tie them to Kyurem and create the story? My best guess.
Yeah but at this point it seems like they've already decided that Mewbuu is a new Pokémon by itself.

Quote:
What if this new Mew is a mix of Mewtwo and Mew? It's a more "perfect" clone of Mew! It also makes sense because you wouldn't be able to take apart B/W Kyurem without the DNA splicers. So maybe they tie into the storyline again, so you can mix Mew and Mewtwo, and still be able to take apart and put together Kyurem. I mean, it looks like a Mew/Mewtwo mix!
Actually...
Actually...

hey whoa that could be damn cool tbh. Except they kind of already did that with Kyurem?
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:26 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:

Cyclone
They never would have added the data the way they did if it weren't finalized. The Kyurems were set in stone from day of release. The new Mewtwo thing is finished and done with concept and info wise on their end. So were the Kyurem Forms.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:27 PM).
Primal Sauropod

Quote originally posted by EternallyAnna:
Yeah but at this point it seems like they've already decided that Mewbuu is a new Pokémon by itself.

Actually...
Actually...

hey whoa that could be damn cool tbh. Except they kind of already did that with Kyurem?
Maybe it's not main story, but a post game thing so you would be able to change Kyurem after you get the National Dex?
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:29 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
They never would have added the data the way they did if it weren't finalized. The Kyurems were set in stone from day of release. The new Mewtwo thing is finished and done with concept and info wise on their end. So were the Kyurem Forms.
What I meant is maybe they were intended as new entries in the Pokédex, but in the end they decided not to do it as such and instead kept them as is.

Quote originally posted by PrimalDialgasaur:
...you're onto something there.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 6th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Couldn't it also just be Gf trying to be dramatic here...I wouldn't put it past them...
The fusion of Mew and Mewtwo sounds interesting...what if this is actually a Mew forme xD
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:32 PM).
Primal Sauropod

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Couldn't it also just be Gf trying to be dramatic here...I wouldn't put it past them...
The fusion of Mew and Mewtwo sounds interesting...what if this is actually a Mew forme xD
I'm glad you guys like my idea! When I thought of it, I was MINDBLOWN.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:35 PM).
Silver Tier

It's a good idea. All I came up with was that this Mewbuu maybe a fusion of Genesect and Mewtwo's genes...yours sounds more possible xD
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:37 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I'm hoping it's a new pokemon altogether, just Mewthree.
Forms are cool and all, but the NA website states it as being a new pokemon, and I hope that GF doesn't change that. I'm especially interested to the see the anime's explanation of Mewthree...
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:38 PM).
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
That is the most beautiful thing in the world *-*
Could Game Freak be redeeming their name?

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:38 PM).

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
Due to this reveal I'm starting to think big things will happen in gen 6, including the storyline being really awesome this time around (after B/W/2 I'd hate to see them take a step back). I really think this "Mewthree" is a new pokemon altogether which I like. The poster for sure didn't do it any justice but now that the actual art is out, I dig it.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:42 PM).
Silver Tier

Well the thing was crinkled at the time and it was partially covered up by the other cast for the movie.

I wonder if they'll reveal Mewfour soon too, or if this Mewthree will be the one with two forms as the movie site had two shapes below it and this only covers one...unless Mew is the other.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:44 PM).
myDreamWorld
Platinum Tier

mmm....I don't think this would be a legendary Pokemon by any means...though I could be wrong. Maybe it's a psuedo-legend of some sort? I don't imagine it playing any significant role in the story...

» my dreamiverse
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:46 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

...why must October be so far away?
I want my Mewthree now, the in-game footage was mindblowing...
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:46 PM).
Silver Tier

The official site makes it sound like it will have some story behind it, calling it the continuation of the Legend of Mewtwo...we're suppose to uncover some secret behind it I think. Whether it's post game or pre is up in the air.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:49 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Y'all gotta watch the anime on April 18th for the movie preview then because it might well have some info on Mewbuu. ;)

Quote:
mmm....I don't think this would be a legendary Pokemon by any means...though I could be wrong. Maybe it's a psuedo-legend of some sort? I don't imagine it playing any significant role in the story...
But iirc... Mew and Mewtwo didn't really have a significant role, and yet...?
Dwebble - #184
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:55 PM).
myDreamWorld
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by EternallyAnna:
But iirc... Mew and Mewtwo didn't really have a significant role, and yet...?
But yet, you never really know. Yes, it could very well possibly be a legendary, but in my mind, I just kind of think it's one of those background legendaries with some sort of story behind them, kind of like the Musketeer trio, if anything.

» my dreamiverse
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:56 PM).
Silver Tier

I still think that this "new" pokemon is a Mewtwo forme... it's called Mewtwo's awakening so perhaps this is Mewtwo's "Perfect forme" having awaken it's true power and having gained full control over them, no longer needing to seclude itself inside a cave.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:58 PM).
Gold Tier

It looks like a smaller cuter version of Mewtwo with it's tail attached to it's head. It's growing on me. Im very interested in the fact that The Pokemon Company is calling this a different Pokemon, hiding it's name and insisting it's related to Mewtwo but is different than it. Have they done this with new formes in the past. I know Japan calls them seperate Pokemon but TCPi generally dosent. Its just kinda strange.
Old April 6th, 2013 (08:59 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
But yet, you never really know. Yes, it could very well possibly be a legendary, but in my mind, I just kind of think it's one of those background legendaries with some sort of story behind them, kind of like the Musketeer trio, if anything.
Yeah but they're still legendaries, certainly.
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I still think that this "new" pokemon is a Mewtwo forme... it's called Mewtwo's awakening so perhaps this is Mewtwo's "Perfect forme" having awaken it's true power and having gained full control over them, no longer needing to seclude itself inside a cave.
Oh I hope not though. :( Mewtwo's story was all about finding himself and a working philosophy, not about finding and tapping into his true power or anything. It'd kind of go against what we saw of him last time, when he was using his power only to protect those close to him and wasn't very fond of it.
Dwebble - #184
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:07 PM).

Nature: Sassy
When I first saw this new mewtwo I was surprised. I didn't like it initially and this was the last thing I would expect pokemon to announce today, but the more I looked at it and compared it to the other modern legendaries that I am not so fond of *cough*Kami Trio*cough* I realized I really do like its design. It is much more clean and not full of clutter like White/Black Kyurem and many of the other legendaries who's designs I don't like. Also the fact that pokemon is returning a great legendary pokemon from the first generation to the spotlight is exciting and should be awesome for the younger generation (And South Korea who never recieved first gen) to experience! Of course they couldn't just toss Mewtwo into a new game and expect everyone to be ok with it, they needed this new pokemon to carry him into the new gen. Also I know I personally have been waiting for a mewthree for as long as I can remember and I'm happy with how he turned out! He looks unmistakably similar to mewtwo, strong, sleek, and definitely what an upgrade of mewtwo should look like.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links