The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:10 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well perhaps his need to protect his friends awakens this new forme, or causes it to actually be able to mutate it's genes by will (biokinesis), becoming a new Pokemon to gain a new power to due so.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:16 PM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Who else is with me that this is WAY better than we all initially thought. The body design gives it such a retro look.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:22 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
It looks cool in a vacuum. I'm more exited about all the Pokemon being beaten up in the video. All Classic Pokemon right? And they all look awesome! That is something to be excited about.

I have no interest in Legendaries, let them do whatever gimmicky crap they want, as long as the regular Pokemon aren't guilty of the same shenanigans.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:49 PM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I am not happy about this design at all. Shouldn't a Mew related Pokemon look somewhat like a cat?

I'm going to just take a wild guess and say that a scientist was apart of both Team Rocket and Team Plasma's science departments. Said scientist probably also got a hold of one of the supposedly failed Mewtwo attempts, so what we're seeing here and in the movie is actually a completely separate Mewtwo.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old April 6th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
PKMN Trainer S
Unhatched Egg

I actually love it and hate it.
Old April 6th, 2013 (11:39 PM).
Jetstream9777

Maybe they are putting some more gene splicing stuff like they did in Black and White 2
Old April 7th, 2013 (12:42 AM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

It looks as if it could be Mewthree or something. I dunno, it just looks too... different to be a new forme of some sort.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old April 7th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
mmm....I don't think this would be a legendary Pokemon by any means...though I could be wrong. Maybe it's a psuedo-legend of some sort? I don't imagine it playing any significant role in the story...
The fact that it's related to Mewtwo alone makes it a legendary and not some pseudo-legend. Also having it appear in a pre-Gen 6 movie is a rather big deal and the past few games have surely taken cues from the anime as oppose to the anime taking cues from the games. After all, Mew and Mewtwo never had huge story value in the original games either, it wasn't until they were introduced outside the games that they became as important as they are now. Sure, it may not have an important role in the main story of the game, but who's to say it won't have an important post-story role?

What would seem so strange is introducing a new forme to a first generation Pokemon after all these years, and to a very popular Legendary nonetheless. It's just hard to understand why they would do that, apart from some sort of fan-service. Granted, generation 6 = new generation, new 'rules' I suppose.

There's also this image that I saw recently, http://i.imgur.com/hTkpnqt.jpg which shows Genesect and it's four different 'formes' with the different tapes, then Mewtwo next to it with two separate hexagon shapes beneath him, definitely hinting at something. Perhaps hinting two formes? Or is it perhaps for Mew and this new Mew-Pokemon? I love Mewtwo, so all this speculation and new found attention to him definitely has me excited. I'm much more interested in the idea of a third Mew-Pokemon than a new forme, and I won't lie when I say that I'd be a tad bit disappointed if it ended up being a new forme, but the renewed interest in Mewtwo that GameFreak is giving is almost as equally interesting and awesome.
Old April 7th, 2013 (01:56 AM).
Radiantsunset

Nature: Calm
Not happy in the slightest, I really wanted to see new pokemon not formes
Old April 7th, 2013 (02:07 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiantsunset View Post
Not happy in the slightest, I really wanted to see new pokemon not formes
All, the information on Pokemon.com is labeling this as a new Pokemon, not a Mewtwo form
so you have seen a new Pokemon.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old April 7th, 2013 (02:48 AM).
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
I think it became official now...
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:13 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
The fact that it's related to Mewtwo alone makes it a legendary and not some pseudo-legend.
It is probably a legendary....but it could end up being a questionable legendary.

Phione doesn't really fit the legendary pokemon mold. We could be looking at another anomaly.
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:32 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimahboul View Post
I think it became official now...
Yeah it is official. :3 Anything released on Smash is official! Unless you mean if it's a new Pokemon or an evolution or not yet which definitely isn't official. :(
Old April 7th, 2013 (03:40 AM).
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
It is probably a legendary....but it could end up being a questionable legendary.

Phione doesn't really fit the legendary pokemon mold. We could be looking at another anomaly.
Very true, though I feel that's a role better fit to the 'cute' Pokemon types. Although, this type of reveal usually ties into that 'special' Pokemon, such as Lucario and Zoroark in the past. Who knows, maybe this is some sort of Mewtwo spin-off who's not as rare and possibly not as strong but has ties to the Mew's, similar concept to Phione and Manaphy I suppose.

Sadly though, the more I think about it the more I'm thinking that we're all just overthinking this (as most of the Pokemon fanbase does lol) and this is simply a new forme. ( )
Old April 7th, 2013 (06:01 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
...why must October be so far away?
I want my Mewthree now, the in-game footage was mindblowing...
Would you like to borrow my DeLorean? At your own risk, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
The official site makes it sound like it will have some story behind it, calling it the continuation of the Legend of Mewtwo...we're suppose to uncover some secret behind it I think. Whether it's post game or pre is up in the air.
Well, it's definitely the original Mewtwo coming to Ash's aid in the movie, and we can only assume (for obvious reasons) that it's the same Mewtwo that has somehow found its way to Unova. The tail isn't converted to a form of hair like the new version of Mewtwo (as I'll call it for now). Ash immediately recognizes it, as well, as his memory of it wasn't erased in Mewtwo Returns like it was in the first movie, while Cilan seems to have an expression of, "You know him?".

Thus, yes...many years later, we're finally continuing Mewtwo's story, and I'm sure something happens in this movie that causes the legendary to appear in Gen. VI in all forms (meaning we're possibly finally getting another Mew after all these years, and maybe catchable, and maybe even possible Shiny?).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 7th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
All, the information on Pokemon.com is labeling this as a new Pokemon, not a Mewtwo form
so you have seen a new Pokemon.
This isn't the first time Game Freak has called a new form of an older pokemon a new pokemon. It could still just be a mewtwo form. I mean, what reason would Nintendo have to make a mewthree.... Besides, isn't the tail end of the new movie "Mewtwo's Awakening"? He wasn't dormant all that time. He was just underground like the hipster he is. The only way it could be a new pokemon would be if Mewtwo were to evolve.... And that'd just be kinda odd, no? So don't count out it being a new form just yet. It could still be just that, with Game Freak tryin to get us off the trail.
Old April 7th, 2013 (07:32 AM).
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
This isn't the first time Game Freak has called a new form of an older pokemon a new pokemon. It could still just be a mewtwo form. I mean, what reason would Nintendo have to make a mewthree.... Besides, isn't the tail end of the new movie "Mewtwo's Awakening"? He wasn't dormant all that time. He was just underground like the hipster he is. The only way it could be a new pokemon would be if Mewtwo were to evolve.... And that'd just be kinda odd, no? So don't count out it being a new form just yet. It could still be just that, with Game Freak tryin to get us off the trail.
When did GF call a forme a new pokemon? Have I just been out of it?
Mewthree better not be a forme...I'm excited for an entirely new pokemon, not just some enhancement to an old one.
Old April 7th, 2013 (07:50 AM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Mewthree better not be a forme...I'm excited for an entirely new pokemon, not just some enhancement to an old one.
When Black Kyurem and White Kyurem were released on Smash and Coro Coro they were referred to as New Pokemon. Even the two main sites called them New Pokemon that Kyurem could transform into.
Old April 7th, 2013 (08:23 AM).
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
Mewthree actually be really cool I think; having a game derived around a Mewthree plot or something similar certainly has potential. And who knows, it may get all those nostalgia junkies who hide away playing Gameboy refusing to play the new games interested in X and Y due to their hero being cloned once again.

Lol.
Old April 7th, 2013 (08:33 AM).
Midnight-Umbreon

Nature: Timid
It's a strange looking thing, buuuut I like it. I hope Mew is involved in its story line.... Cuase that could lead to a mew event (I like mew, but I haven't got one)
I like the ideas of it being another clone, it will be interesting. I think it brings form will bug me a bit, I don't know why. But the whole thing is annoying somewhat. Although I hope it isn't called MewThree it will sound so tacky.

Music Is The Escape
Old April 7th, 2013 (09:13 AM).
Khrysta

If anything, this is a new Event Legend if not a new form. If a new form, then it still won't play in the main story. All you'd have to do is transfer the mewtwo over and it can change. Mew is pretty much download only so Mew playing any part in the story is pretty non-existent.

So new Mewbuu is either event which plays no part in the main story, can be recieved either post or pre national dex. Or its a new form that will allow Mewtwo to take once we can transfer him over...which will be Post national dex.
Old April 7th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Mew is pretty much download only so Mew playing any part in the story is pretty non-existent.
Have to answer this. Mew IS catchable in Emerald. Problem is, you can't legally do it without an event-only acquisition unlocking access to the island. I've received one of those Mews in a trade. I don't have an AR for that system, either, so I can't personally go and enter that code on my own Emerald game, either.

So basically, I wonder if they'll do something like that again, include a Mew Event where you battle and catch it rather than it being handed right to you via a Wifi Event Giveaway.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 7th, 2013 (09:52 AM).
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Have to answer this. Mew IS catchable in Emerald. Problem is, you can't legally do it without an event-only acquisition unlocking access to the island. I've received one of those Mews in a trade. I don't have an AR for that system, either, so I can't personally go and enter that code on my own Emerald game, either.

So basically, I wonder if they'll do something like that again, include a Mew Event where you battle and catch it rather than it being handed right to you via a Wifi Event Giveaway.

Cyclone
That Mew is still event only. You cannot get it without going to an event to get the Old Sea Chart to get to Mew. So even still, Mew is Event only.

Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin are Event exclusive Gen 4 Pokemon that require Event items to get. Even though they are programmed into the game they are well known as being Event Exclusive.
Old April 7th, 2013 (10:00 AM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
It's a Mewtwo forme.

I don't take Pokemon.com info as accurate, they like to spice things up.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old April 7th, 2013 (10:03 AM).
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
As I recall, they marketed the kyurem forms as new pokemon. But no. They're not new pokemon. Just forms. So yeah. It could be a new pokemon, but considering it'll also be in the new movie, my money, quite honestly, is that "mewtwo's awakening" will cause it to transform into that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links