Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2013 (11:09 PM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote originally posted by EternallyAnna:
I'm hoping that's what it's implying! But I hope they don't just come back for a tournament. There's been enough mildly crappy tournament arcs in Best Wishes. :/
Seems like our guess about Iris leaving the group in future was really more than a thought. Well It's good that Gary might be coming back also. Forgot to look carefully for Paul...
Old May 20th, 2013 (11:21 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I highly doubt that the upcoming argument episode will result in Iris leaving properly. It seems wayyy too dramatic for a main trio goodbye episode. And we're not done with Decolora yet. Iris wanted to go to Kanto too, she can't just be taking off. Idk man looking forward to seeing what all that's about though.

Can you source these Gary and Paul rumours or are they just your wishes? And you know, I'm wondering when Clair's going to show up. As far as I can tell, none of the known episodes indicate her presence. I'd imagine if she were in any currently named episode it would be Path of Separation of Mystery of the Treasure.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 21st, 2013 (03:01 PM).
Bumfluff1202

Nature: Timid
Am I sad enough to say I love Totodile's dance and actions in the TV show? Got to be one of the funniest charcters.
Old May 21st, 2013 (03:05 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

I miss Totodile sometimes haha. He was a cutie pie. And a very fun Pokémon. <3
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 21st, 2013 (03:07 PM).
Bumfluff1202

Nature: Timid
Totdile was so amusing, the dance always puts a smile on my face. Loved him in it, same goes for Cyndaquil he was cute!
Old May 21st, 2013 (10:49 PM).
alienhunterx

Don't be on rush dear Anna. The 6th Gen is still way far. I am sure Dekorora would be longer than some people assume it will end soon like that N arc. They are still saving Clair later in the anime. And about that Iris well she will return again with the trio.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (11:13 AM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

It's already confirmed to be nearly as long as Episode N and that's kind of unfortunate? Like... why. What are they trying to do here? There's no overarching reason for this trip, there's not been much for character development, the airtime could have been used for expanding upon Episode N rather than creating filler... idk. It's fun enough, but there's no theme and I don't much like that. It makes things feel rather pointless. Even their destination is rarely mentioned and apparently has no impact on the journey.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 27th, 2013 (11:07 PM).
alienhunterx

It's already confirmed to be nearly as long as Episode N and that's kind of unfortunate? Like... why. What are they trying to do here? There's no overarching reason for this trip, there's not been much for character development, the airtime could have been used for expanding upon Episode N rather than creating filler... idk. It's fun enough, but there's no theme and I don't much like that. It makes things feel rather pointless. Even their destination is rarely mentioned and apparently has no impact on the journey.
If what you are saying about Dekorora's air length is correct than I personally feel very bad about it. Why they changed sudden events in the story about Ash n Co. leaving Unova all of a sudden where still many areas were left to be explored or to be shown in the anime
Old May 29th, 2013 (06:39 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

Oh yeah that's another thing. They didn't really do much exploring, did they? When I imagine Best Wishes, all I see is concrete and multistory buildings as a backdrop to some flat but brightly coloured characters. My mind is weird like idk how to explain this but I'll try.. Kanto is dusk blue or sunny fields and simple. Orange is sea blue and sunny and sparkly. Johto is medium-dark forest green and brown with lots of planty textures. Hoenn is vibrant and varied and natural. Sinnoh is light purple against green fields and sharper/more intense. Unova is bright colour slapped onto grey backgrounds and unfinished.

That's more reflecting how the regions feel rather than how they are I guess. Except for feelings are colours? I don't think this will make any sense to anyone lmao oh well what I'm really saying is that Unova is terribly underdeveloped.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 30th, 2013 (12:26 AM).
alienhunterx

Yeah pretty much dump region. You know no goings or what so ever happenings in Eastern Unova or its places there.. Anyways what about some other topic discussion now. Any special character they failed to show in old episodes????
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:48 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

I still would have liked to see Hugh. Like we've been saying Episode N was terribly paced and too short and Plasma didn't get enough focus... why couldn't we have had Plasma Arc? Get Hugh in there with his general plot and have N there as well and you know. Could've been great.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:09 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I still would have liked to see Hugh. Like we've been saying Episode N was terribly paced and too short and Plasma didn't get enough focus... why couldn't we have had Plasma Arc? Get Hugh in there with his general plot and have N there as well and you know. Could've been great.
Yeah I would have love to seen Hugh, imagine how awesome he would have been! I have still yet to watch the Episode N arc but yeah I felt disappointed at how short it was and that Team Plasma rarely got any focus. I felt like they were dedicating too much time to N during that arc imo.
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

Well, they did title it Episode N for a reason. And they did a fairly good job with him, I thought. But they could have done so much better. I feel like the writers need to be reminded that children's show does not mean lack of depth is okay.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 31st, 2013 (01:10 AM).
alienhunterx

Too bad we also missed two important episode of Team plasma in Castelia city. I still wonder why they never showed them later in the anime???
Old May 31st, 2013 (01:16 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

It was because the destruction caused by the earthquakes in Japan was still to fresh in everyone's minds. I think they repurposed some of the plotlines and scenes into the upcoming Genesect/Mewtwo movie though. The only thing I was sad about not seeing was the costume ball thing that was going on in the first part of that arc. ;;
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old May 31st, 2013 (11:36 PM).
alienhunterx

It was because the destruction caused by the earthquakes in Japan was still to fresh in everyone's minds. I think they repurposed some of the plotlines and scenes into the upcoming Genesect/Mewtwo movie though. The only thing I was sad about not seeing was the costume ball thing that was going on in the first part of that arc. ;;
You mean those Plasma grunts wearing it??? Yes because the anime never showed old plasma grunts and their episode. The current Plasma team we saw in N's arc must be from the B2W2 games.
Old June 1st, 2013 (09:19 AM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

No I mean the kids were supposed to be at a masquerade when Plasma attacks and I really would have loved to see more of the costumes than the glimpse we saw in the previews. I kind of wonder as well where they would have gone with Plasma had those episodes been aired- how would N's story be affected? What would they choose to feature?
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old June 3rd, 2013 (01:06 AM).
alienhunterx

No I mean the kids were supposed to be at a masquerade when Plasma attacks and I really would have loved to see more of the costumes than the glimpse we saw in the previews. I kind of wonder as well where they would have gone with Plasma had those episodes been aired- how would N's story be affected? What would they choose to feature?
Probably because if the anime featured the story behind B2W2 and showed it then we could have more interesting N's saga. One team supporting N while other side supporting Ghetsis
Old June 3rd, 2013 (09:23 AM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

That could have been interesting. But more what I'm thinking is like... would they even have done a specific N arc? Or would it have just tied into the journey story?
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old June 3rd, 2013 (10:58 PM).
alienhunterx

That could have been interesting. But more what I'm thinking is like... would they even have done a specific N arc? Or would it have just tied into the journey story?
That would be awesome if they showed this inside N's arc. Too bad it got carried away so quickly...
Old June 4th, 2013 (09:14 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

Mhm. As we've said many times before.

So Professor Oak showed up in the latest episode! And then went home immediately afterward. I still would have been interested in seeing him travel with the kids for an episode or two just for the hell of it. It's always fun to add a fourth party member for a while.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old June 4th, 2013 (10:53 PM).
alienhunterx

Maybe traveling with a fully grown adult in a pokemon anime is not the style of the Franchise so they forgot him after the episode
Old June 5th, 2013 (05:03 PM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

Not in the style of the anime? Who cares? Take a chance, yo. Having a new companion for a new region wasn't the style until Hoenn and now it's expected. Contests being a major part of the anime wasn't the norm. Why not change up the format a bit? Play with the characters you have.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old June 5th, 2013 (10:51 PM).
alienhunterx

Not in the style of the anime? Who cares? Take a chance, yo. Having a new companion for a new region wasn't the style until Hoenn and now it's expected. Contests being a major part of the anime wasn't the norm. Why not change up the format a bit? Play with the characters you have.
That is our hope for Kalos. Way different anime style so that grown ups like us enjoy it also. I hope that they hear us....
Old June 6th, 2013 (08:34 AM).
Ryanna Jameson
Community Supporter

I'm not calling for a major revamp, I'm just hoping they expand upon what they have been doing. It could be so much better just using the format that they are; I don't understand why they don't. It's not even about appealing to the adults that grew up with the show; it's about making a good show even for their target demographic. It's all been dumbed down, and Pokémon wasn't super complicated to begin with.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links