The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Forme differences: Good or Bad?
Good 1 16.67%
Bad 2 33.33%
Depends... 2 33.33%
Neutral 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:32 AM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

Advertise here
What is your opinion on Pokemon forme differences?

Personally it was fun in the beginning. I personally loved Giratina and Gastrodon formes in gen 4.

However mulitiple formes like Rotom and Kyurem formes is where I cross the line. When the formes become an over-designed cluster...mess, they need to stop.

The formes are not inherently bad as long as GameFreak doesn't overdo it but they are overdoing it. If you're going to make a forme, make it one GOOD forme not 2-5 different formes just for one pokemon.

Your thoughts?!

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Cassino
trumpet skeleton of the abyss

I just hate how they're called 'formes'.

I think it would be interesting to see them implemented for more non-legendaries, although when I say that I mean things that affect stats like Darmanitan's Zen Mode, not mere aesthetic changes.

DA | YT | In the navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:46 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
It depends, actually. If a Pokémon's formes have different base stats, then I'm all up for it, since each forme may have different playstyles. Just look at Deoxys and Shaymin.

Old April 14th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Rotom was a lot of fun, Gastrodon was quirky and Deoxys was... understandable, but aside from these families I really dislike Pokémon with different 'formes'. A lot of the time they just seem like they're being added for the sake of it - what did Keldeo's Resolution forme or the Therian formes for the Kami trio add? I'd rather they were just evolutions or something, especially since the stats increase when changing between formes.
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Elaitenstile
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I just wish that the formes didn't have to be so theoretical. I meant, they should've made a small difference like Deerling's colour change and things.

But still, on the good side they can be helpful, but it is good to limit formes to only certain Pokémon since they can be pretty much interfering with the existence of a Pokémon… erm, that is to mean that they destroy the singular 'essence' of a Pokémon and transform it into some sort of hybrid creature.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old April 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
i generally like them it adds more diversity in using them
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here