The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Have you ever had a tooth knocked out or loose?

I had my front teeth knocked loose (didn't fall out, thankfully!) from having a young child bash her head into my face. Was an accident, though.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
No never, and I;m thankful for that. I pride myself in my teeth/ oral hygiene so I would be absolutely more than devastated if I ever got a tooth bumped loose or knocked out. :ccc.. *puts on mouthguard right now*
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Yep. My left incisor was knocked out in 9th grade when a dude shot me in the face with an extendable umbrella. It also chipped my left front tooth. The cap for the broken tooth has lasted the years, but the fake one broke off three years ago because it was shoddily done. It costs an insane amount to dig out the base of the old fake and do it the right way, so for now I'm living with part of a metal rod in my gums.
Old April 10th, 2013, 04:27 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Aside from knocking those two teeth loose (mentioned in the original post), I've had many teeth knocked loose, but never lost any of them.

I do remember a family member trying to cut one of my teeth out when I was a kid. It was already loose and my orthodontist had threatened to rip it out if I didn't get rid of the darn thing. So she put something on it to numb the nerves before trying to cut the piece that was holding it to my mouth. Something went wrong and my mouth filled with blood.

I ended up standing on the front porch, spitting blood onto the sidewalk. That must've freaked out the neighbors later! X) On the upside, that tooth did come out a day or two later- the night before my orthodontist was going to take it out.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old April 10th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't had any teeth problems since getting my adult teeth, but when I was 4 I knocked one of my teeth through my bottom lip by hitting my face off a stool (I was 4 so I can't remember why I did that) and I have a scar below my lip from it. One of my earliest memories was just tons of blood coming from my mouth as my dad drove me to the hospital. Not good. :P

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old April 10th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
No never, and I;m thankful for that. I pride myself in my teeth/ oral hygiene so I would be absolutely more than devastated if I ever got a tooth bumped loose or knocked out. :ccc.. *puts on mouthguard right now*
I swear I like a lot of your posts! They're always so good and I tend to agree with you quite often.

Anyway, I'm so paranoid about this, omg. I chipped my front tooth when I was like eight and I've had to get it capped. I'm very careful with my teeth and I take good care of them, so I'd be devastated if something happened to them.
Old April 10th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Nope, never happened to me. I am always careful that I don't trip and hit my face (even though I am very clumsy, I am still careful) so ... that's never happened.

Most of my teeth come out when I'm eating potatoes or brushing my teeth.
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:48 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I have never had any teeth knocked loose, but my brother has after tripping over a snowshovel unto some stairs. He lost two teeth and had to go a year without the two teeth until the permanent teeth grew in.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
I didn't even have teeth taken out when I got braces, all my teeth have come out naturally, thank god.
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I once had a Cheerio push a front tooth loose when I was six.

I'm deadly serious.

Besides that, I chipped a tooth with a metal fork, which was dumb, but other than a pulling or two, my teeth are... Okay.. And that's being generous.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've never had a tooth knocked loose, so you can call me lucky!

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old April 10th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I've never had a tooth knocked out or loose, but I've had... probably 25 cavities in my lifetime, 11 found last year. Oral hygiene wasn't a big thing in my family. It's better now, but I'd probably be in searing pain if my dad's work hadn't covered the filling cost - and even then, I had to pay 300$ out of pocket for the last two (no one bothered to mention that there was a yearly limit on the dental plan per person).

I twisted a tooth out when I was ten or so. The new molar is sideways now lol but all my teeth are straight and lined, and I've yet to get my wisdom teeth... I can feel'em though. We'll see how that goes.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:09 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
My baby tooth got knocked out by my mom when I was young. but recently nope.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Let me tell you a story

When I was 7 I decided to take my sock off with my teeth and actually pushed one out with the sock. part from that no nothing.

edit: oh look 2,000th post
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
None of my teeth were knocked off, but there were some times in my childhood when my teeth were loose; I pulled them out by myself or asked someone else to do it.

Old April 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Caelus
Gone

Like 3 off the top of my head. I lost my first tooth when I was 4 due to chasing my cousin and colliding with a toilet. The others I forgot how they got loose.
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I never have had a tooth knocked out luckily. I had a dream that one of my teeth randomly fell out though -_-
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
I don't remember having knocked any tooth loose before; they all fell out naturally, either by them getting stuck in food, or pulling them out myself. The thing was that my teeth fell out a little too early due to my parents feeding me fruit juices at night when I was sleeping so I wouldn't go hungry, causing my baby teeth to decay badly and eventually fall out.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I still have all of my pearly whites, except for when I had my 3 (yes, only 3) wisdom teeth extracted. However, I hate it whenever I eat popcorn (or other similar foods) whenever the kernal gets stuck deep into your teeth, and you have to use floss to get it out or something.. One time a piece got stuck in my gums and after I got it out it still felt like it was up in the gums. :\
Fairy
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
I've had 32 loose teeth. They wobble and fall out and then the tooth fairy comes and collects them and puts $2 under my pillow. If nobody has ever had a tooth loose then Jesus, there must be some freaky mouths with tiny teeth around the world.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

I think so? Maybe. I have some vague memory of a tooth being knocked out some kind of... one of those indoor playground things. You know? With a ball pit and stuff. As a little kid at a birthday party or something.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I haven't. Well, sort of. Had my wisdom teeth out as lots of people do and I believe another permanent/adult tooth had to be removed in a dental procedure when I got braces at age 11 but that's not really a big deal because it was done in a professional setting.

Once I stood up from my computer chair and got really dizzy all of a sudden and hilariously faceplanted on the floor. One of my front teeth felt a little loose for a week or two after that but the dentist said it was fine and it went back to normal shortly after but it was kind of scary and weird for that first while. :( I'm very glad everything turned out fine though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I've had 32 loose teeth. They wobble and fall out and then the tooth fairy comes and collects them and puts $2 under my pillow. If nobody has ever had a tooth loose then Jesus, there must be some freaky mouths with tiny teeth around the world.
:P I assume OP meant in your adult life, have you lost/loosened any permanent teeth. Baby teeth falling out shouldn't count.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:20 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
:P I assume OP meant in your adult life, have you lost/loosened any permanent teeth. Baby teeth falling out shouldn't count.
Oh! Well, nevermind my reply then. That was as a kid XD
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:49 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
Oh! Well, nevermind my reply then. That was as a kid XD
I feel (violently?) knocked out as opposed to just falling out normally still applies. :P

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Rickfields
Togepi

I wasn't born with many adult teeth, so I had baby teeth only when growing up, had like 5 teeth that didn't grow in, and most of the others were baby teeth. I have veneers now, so apples and other foods aren't a problem anymore.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links