Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page "I didn't like him/her!"

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old April 11th, 2013 (10:22 AM). Edited April 11th, 2013 by T!M.
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Over tha years of Pokémon was thare a particular NPC you didn't enjoy? Spannng from Gen 1 ta Gen 5 what NPC did you crnge at tha sight of? Dis ncludes Traners, Rivals, Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Chbepions, anyone you had absolutely no control over. Vent yo frustration bout those who buggine you want ta hit tha switch off yo hand-held.
Old April 11th, 2013 (10:30 AM).
Foxrally
Hail Lord Blarzigord!
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Probably bug-catchers and swimmers. Thay pop up when you're just chilln', surfng around or runnng bout, and than thay arrogantly display thair ****ty pokemon thnkng thay can beat you.

Oh, and zubats.

Pairs - - - 3DS Friend Code - 0103-9972-1307
Old April 11th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
Alli
i'm a female rebel

Nature: Timid
I'm not a fan of Barry. I like his design, but I don't like his dumb "I'll fne you a million!" sort of catch phrase...it's rathar annoyng.

I really don't like Cynthia. I feel like we're her errand slave. I know that n makng us do thase errands, she's essentially givng us tha key ta plot progressng n tha gbee, but it's still rathar annoyng.

Skyla is meh tao. I feel like she's just thare fo fanservice, plus she's not even difficult at all. I've had more trouble wit Falkner and Wnona than her. I know that's more of a knock on her design and ability and not her character, but still.

Also, pleaze remember dis is gbee only, homeys. :) I know tha OP buggine that clear and no one's gone off tapic yet, but I know thare's gonna be that one person. Don't be that one. ;)

and it was all yellow
Old April 11th, 2013 (11:53 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I generally don't hate npcs. (maybe slightly dislike sometimes) I mean tha pokemon series makes absolutely no effot ta make it's characters offensive.

If I absolutely must sez someone than I guess I would sez Looker coz he was a bit annoyng n Pokemon Platnum. Second would probably be Hugh, he's mah least favourite rival. He was tao one dimensional....you only ever really saw him resentng Tebe Plasma.

edit: I actually liked Barry's phrases like "I'll fne you a million". It felt knda unscripted and natural, like somethng a friend would actually shout at you ta mess around.
Old April 11th, 2013 (12:58 PM).
Pokedude3012
Slayer of Milotics

Quote orignally posted by Foxrally:
Probably bug-catchers and swimmers. Thay pop up when you're just chilln', surfng around or runnng bout, and than thay arrogantly display thair ****ty pokemon thnkng thay can beat you.

Oh, and zubats.
Mah thoughts exactly. Thay is just always thare, ben so annoyng n thair misplaced arrogance, while thay just run yo day. Oh, tentacools is pretty annoyng tao.
Old April 11th, 2013 (01:19 PM).
Brendino
#PonyCommunity2015

Nature: Quiet
Barry had ta be mah least favorite of all tha rivals that we've seen. Considerng tha short attention span that he has, I fnd it hard ta believe that he's such a competent Pokemon traner- he seems like tha type that would git bored of tranng after a week.

Anothar group that irritates me is those random traners that is lurkng off tha screen, and want ta battle tha very second you step n thair lne of vision. Sure, I was gong ta battle you anyway, but you wouldn't go runnng up ta a random person 20-30 feet away just fo a battle.

Othar than that, though, I can't thnk of any "dawg" characters that I've really gots a problem wit.

Moderatar of Mah Little Pony General
Old April 11th, 2013 (02:07 PM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Cooltraners.

And Iris, I guess. IMO an unworthy Chbepion.

Omega Ruby &bep; Alpha Sapphire, tha day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped tha shark.
Old April 11th, 2013 (02:20 PM).
T!M

Mah turn! Mah turn!

N and Iris is mah number one enemies. I hate thair attitudes and thay were outstandngly annoyng n-gbee. N's redemption was not a convncng one and after he put me through so much crap you just tell me that you've changed and fly off on yo Zerkrom, yeah no, I an't buyng it. I still don't like him. Iris I've hated snce I saw her n tha anime and it's rideried over ta tha gbees.
Old April 11th, 2013 (02:30 PM).
Tyrael
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrael
I really hated seeng any "rival" type traner from Gen III onward. And also Zubat and Tentacool.

As long as thase struggles is aimless, we will all be standng still.
Trade Thread3DS FCPair
Old April 11th, 2013 (02:53 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
hoping senpai notices me

Nature: Quirky
Iris, but mah reason fo it has little ta do wit tha actual series. It's coz of her high chances of appearng n tha next Snoopa Smash Bros. title takng tha role as tha female traner, alongside wit Newtwo, due ta her role n tha anime, which should've belonged ta Hilda, her age ben around tha sbee as Red's, her Axew's popularity, her potential unqiue battle style due ta her wild girl status, and her promotion ta ben chbepion n BW2. Coz of dis and tha fact that Pokemon gits its reps based on tha anime, I'll never see any of mah favorite female traners around Red's age (May, Dawn, and Lyra) nor hear thair sweet voices nteract wit deeper voices like Fox n that gbee ever.
Old April 11th, 2013 (04:44 PM).
Saronai
PKMN Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Saronai
I haven't played through any of tha gbees yet, but dabbled n all snce Emerald (and almost done wit Emerald now that I've gots mah butt n gear). Sooooo...I don't know a whole lot of thase characters really.

I've seen Iris, she's makng tha list already...her hairstyle is snoopa-weird n tha anime (mah son watches it, so tharefoe I watches it )

I'd have ta sez, even tha annoyng NPCs will have a hard time tappng mah annoyance at tha Soulsilver female PC. No offense ta anyone who disagrees but I HATE her hair just as much as Iris' and her hat sucks tao. Havng ta wear pnk I can stamach, but tha hat makes me crnge. Unfotunately, coz I like playng a girl snce I be a girl, dis is tha character I HAVE ta play when I git around ta Soulsilver. Worst part bout it fo me is that I absolutely love that yo lead pokemon follows you everywhere <3 I wish thay were all like that...and yet it's runed by havng a horrible character design foced on me.

So yeah, I haven't even purchased mah own copy of SS coz of that reason, mah son's just gonna let me borrow his ridetridge when I git thare.

I feel so shallow now lol.
Old April 11th, 2013 (05:01 PM).
T!M

Quote orignally posted by Saronai:
I haven't played through any of tha gbees yet, but dabbled n all snce Emerald (and almost done wit Emerald now that I've gots mah butt n gear). Sooooo...I don't know a whole lot of thase characters really.

I've seen Iris, she's makng tha list already...her hairstyle is snoopa-weird n tha anime (mah son watches it, so tharefoe I watches it )

I'd have ta sez, even tha annoyng NPCs will have a hard time tappng mah annoyance at tha Soulsilver female PC. No offense ta anyone who disagrees but I HATE her hair just as much as Iris' and her hat sucks tao. Havng ta wear pnk I can stamach, but tha hat makes me crnge. Unfotunately, coz I like playng a girl snce I be a girl, dis is tha character I HAVE ta play when I git around ta Soulsilver. Worst part bout it fo me is that I absolutely love that yo lead pokemon follows you everywhere <3 I wish thay were all like that...and yet it's runed by havng a horrible character design foced on me.

So yeah, I haven't even purchased mah own copy of SS coz of that reason, mah son's just gonna let me borrow his ridetridge when I git thare.

I feel so shallow now lol.
No, NO! I'm gong off tapic fo dis one. But that's secretly (but not so much anymore) one of tha primary reasons I absolutely DESPISE Iris. Her hair is sooooo bad. Right on, sister! I'm glad thare is some thugz out thare who hate her fo her hair as well. Alright... Sorry. Ridery on, folks.
Old April 11th, 2013 (07:03 PM).
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Youngster Joey. I do not want ta hear bout his tap percentage Rattata.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimnation Challenge: Completed!
Old April 11th, 2013 (08:19 PM).
bugsy555

WHITNEY!! She just annoys me. Stupid Miltank
Old April 11th, 2013 (10:14 PM).
Stormborn
Indecisive

Nature: Relaxed
Alder.

His Chbepion music wasn't cool.
Old April 11th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Aw, no one's mentioned that one Fisherdawg (typically nbeed Andrew!) wit tha full tebe of Magikarp? I hate when I'm foced nta a battle wit him. A waste of PP fo little experience.

Haha, that seems so little compisd ta everyone else, but thare's really no othar NPC that bothared me that much! Though Whitney is knd of a pan ta see, especially snce after tha difficult battle aganst her you have ta wait fo her ta fnish cryng befoe you git yo well-earned badge.
Old April 11th, 2013 (11:40 PM).
T!M

Quote orignally posted by Astnus:
Aw, no one's mentioned that one Fisherdawg (typically nbeed Andrew!) wit tha full tebe of Magikarp? I hate when I'm foced nta a battle wit him. A waste of PP fo little experience.

Haha, that seems so little compisd ta everyone else, but thare's really no othar NPC that bothared me that much! Though Whitney is knd of a pan ta see, especially snce after tha difficult battle aganst her you have ta wait fo her ta fnish cryng befoe you git yo well-earned badge.
Speakng of those who withold yo badges upon yo victary. Let's not fogit bout Claire. She is tha epitame of "a sore loser". You beat her, she can't believe it, than runs ta tha Dragon Master. I don't feel that it's fair after beatng down her Dragon tebe, I'm foced ta play hide-and-seek. She only exacerbated mah hatred fo every Dragon traner ta ever exist.
Old April 12th, 2013 (12:43 AM).
Classical Insect
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Classical Insect
Swimmers! Thay were tha bane of mah existence when I just wanted ta go ta Cianwood City! Terrible thngs.

THA EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CISFULWETPANT
Old April 12th, 2013 (12:44 AM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I dont like those thugz who would call you like every 5 seconds n gold and silver. Buggine me want ta throw mah pokegear at tha wall.
Old April 12th, 2013 (07:31 AM).
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
I HATE, absolutely hate tha rivals. Thay keep challengng me after I wn and wn and wn. Like why won't thay git a move on and understand that thay will never defeat me!
Old April 23rd, 2013 (08:35 AM).
Warship
異議あり!

cheren. he pisses me off especially his sprite n b/w 2. bianca is knda annoyng tao but not as much as cheren. he just acts like a smart***.
Growlitha - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old April 23rd, 2013 (09:56 AM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I really, really hated how Youngster Joey kept on callng me 24 hours a day, just ta tell me bout his tap-percentage Rattata that taok two hits max ta takes down, but I also wouldn't want him gone, as that'd mean no more jokes bout him :[

I didn't really like Cheren n B/W eithar, as he posed ta be such a knowledgeable character, who just appeisd ta know everythng bout Pokemon (and actually also did), yet still dawgaged ta lose like every battle. I'd have liked him better, if thay'd mixed it up a little wit dis generation, as we had Bianca, who was obviously supposed ta be tha weak one of tha trio, and have her be tha rival we beat up all tha time, whereas battles wit Cheren should have two outcomes. His tebe should be buggine significantly harder than most othar traners n tha isa, and if you'd lose, he'd just heal up yo Pokemon and give you some knd of speech bout how you should tran more/ brag/ w/e, knda like tha first battle wit him. I thnk that could motivate thugz ta tran a bit harder, just so thay'd be strong enough ta beat him :p

But yah, I like him n B2/W2, just not n B/W.

Old April 23rd, 2013 (10:28 AM).
Rickfields
Togepi

Quote orignally posted by bugsy555:
WHITNEY!! She just annoys me. Stupid Miltank
I never had a lot of trouble wit any gym leader, except her. I truly depise that cow.
Old April 23rd, 2013 (10:41 AM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Defnitely Whitney, she's annoyng enough ta beat wit that Miltank's constant rollouts, but than her whnng after she lost just buggine me want ta break tha gbeeboi I was playng gold on.

Anyone who phones you on Emerald is annoyng, also tha T-VIZZLE reporters on Emerald were annoyng coz I don't want ta give tham a stupid comment after a battle.
Old April 24th, 2013 (05:24 AM).
Talli
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
Clair from Gold/silver/Crystal just coz after you beat her she makes you go ta a cave ta see an elder and after he passes you on that test, tha only reason she gives you tha badge is that he sez he'll tell Lance.

Sponsored Links