The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
WooliestSteam
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Okay so I currently playing through Black 2 for the first time ... I know :L

So the person I'm disliking the most in the game right now is your rival, he just charges around, telling people off and constantly saying he has to get stronger. I sit there thinking "Alright dude I get it, you want to get stronger, there's just no need to tell me every time I meet you". Now I know he has certain reasons for wanting to get powerful, and constantly charging around everywhere, don't really want to write it in case I spoil it for anyone, but I just feel he should take a chill pill and just relax for a minute.

Phew .. rant over. Okay bye
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Gen I
Blue. As a rival, he's great. But for his personality, it's really bad. Always thinks he's above you and always say he feels sorry of how weak you are and even tho you beat him when you face him, he always seems to be bigger than you.

Gen II
Silver. Once again, as a rival he's great but I just hated the way he mistreated his Pokemon, but by the end of the game, he grew more love for his Pokemon and then he started caring for them. So I disliked Silver only at the start and middle of the game due to his selfishness and bad behavior toward his Pokemon.

Gen III
Norman. Yes, your very own father. Why you may ask? Just because when you first start out as a Pokemon trainer, he doesn't even give you a Pokemon or some Pokeballs, instead it's the professor Birch that does so. A professor that knows you for 5 minutes already hands you a good Pokemon with some decent amount of Pokeballs to start with. Your father doesn't do so, oh no sir. Instead he gives those to Wally.

Gen IV:
Barry. Even tho he's a really nice guy, I don't like the fact that he's always in a rush and always fining me for this or that.

Gen V:
Ghetsis. I really hated him in the game, he used N's weakness for freeing Pokemon as a tool for his plan and used him as a mere tool only. When he revealed what was his real intention, I couldn't wait to just defeat him in a Pokemon battle.
Old April 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSilver10112 View Post
Youngster Joey. I do not want to hear about his top percentage Rattata.
LMAO yes.

I love Bug pokemon, but the trainers tend to have really weak pokemon. Or they have like six Caterpie or Metaod -.- I love these pokemon but I don't want to battle them six times in a row.

The same things goes for fishers. Some of them have really strong pokemon and others only have Lvl 50 Magikrap .-.
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Bang
Unhatched Egg

Bug catcher with Wedlee's D:
Poisoooooooooooon!
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Demon Days
Element of Magic

Nature: Quiet
A lot of the Swimmers and Bug Catchers. It's even more annoying when you skip past them because it's not worth it, come back later, forgot you haven't battled them yet and then suddenly, you're sending your Level 45-50 Blaziken out against a Level 15 Tentacool.

Old April 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Marisa
love coloured
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Those. Cursed. FISHERMEN.

Especially the ones with a whole team of Magikarp/Goldeen with only Splash/Tackle/Horn Attack >.>
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I hate the Magikarpin' fisherman and roden-chasin' bug catchers. Other than these two I hate the Psychics in R/S/E because they're plain stupid.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I hate those fishermans too xD Those magikarps are a waste of time. Although I get over them since they give EV's. :3
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Those Fishermen with a 6 man team of Magikarps.

And practically every swimmer.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:06 AM
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Youngster Joey. Him and his top percentage Rattata. Well my Pichu is in the top percentage of Pichu and it'd KILL your Rattata! It's level 100!
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I always thought Wally was an annoying self-entitled little brat. "Oh, I'm so ill. Please battle me!!!???" Just... go away, please.
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Gengar's Shadow

Nature: Calm
Barry fining me all the time was really annoying.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:05 PM
GrayJM9
Playing White 2

Nature: Bold
I loved Barry he was hilarious. If I was his age he would have been a fun friend. I can't stand Hugh though.
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I absolutely couldn't stand the fisherman with a haul of six Magikarp. I was just questioning him, like who wants a team filled up to the brim with six Magikarp? Diversity should exist to trainers as well, but I suppose six Gyarados wouldn't be too shabby either. It was just frustrating to face those sorts of trainers and in general I was also not that fond of Bug Catchers, they were everywhere sending out their Caterpies, Wurmples and what not. D:

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:13 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Those Fishermen with the 6 Magikarp. Having to battle 6 of the same Pokemon who give you barely no EXP points is a tiresome pain. I feel bad having to take them down so easily cause of how weak and defenseless Magikarp are so any battle with those guys are big waste of time I could spend doing other things.

Whitney too as well. Particularly her Miltank which is a pain to battle cause of how it constantly uses Rollout and then Stomp and then heals itself with Milk Drink. Pretty much making any Pokemon you have useless. Then when you beat her she goes and cries about and refuse to give you the badge. Sounds pretty immature if you ask me. That had to be the most annoying gym battle I've ever had.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Fishermen with the team of 6 Magikarps, they are so boring and give little EXP. In fact, if one watches Marriland on YouTube regularly he literally gets so mad at those Fishermen, particularly in Part 9 of the Diamond Adventure series and Part 105 of the White 2 Adventure series.

I mean, they give out Speed EVs but Magikarp are just well, annoying lol.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old April 29th, 2013, 03:44 AM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely
I happen to like Hugh, unlike all (except for Brendan/May) rivals, he cared for his Pokemon.
Anyways, I hate those NPC trainers that when you try to skip a battle with them; they happen to look at you suddenly!

I knew the fact of saving something is really hard. It’s almost impossible no matter where I look at but in destroying something, which I’m very good at. Am I really born to ruin everything?

Last edited by FiersomeLucia; April 29th, 2013 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:35 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I didn't like Kurt.
"Let's go save Slowpokes" *10 minutes later* "oh snap, I've fallen down the well. Oh no, it looks like you'll have to do all the work now." As if I didn't have enough problems...

And then making me Pokeballs and I'd keep forgetting he had them and never go back to collect them. Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Those Fishermen with the 6 Magikarp. Having to battle 6 of the same Pokemon who give you barely no EXP points is a tiresome pain. I feel bad having to take them down so easily cause of how weak and defenseless Magikarp are so any battle with those guys are big waste of time I could spend doing other things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Fishermen with the team of 6 Magikarps, they are so boring and give little EXP. In fact, if one watches Marriland on YouTube regularly he literally gets so mad at those Fishermen, particularly in Part 9 of the Diamond Adventure series and Part 105 of the White 2 Adventure series.

I mean, they give out Speed EVs but Magikarp are just well, annoying lol.
For all you 'Karp Haters....

Deceased:

Old April 29th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Clairvoyance_
Arcanine

Nature: Adamant
I haaaated Whitney so much. She's so adorable, and has cute Pokemon. But for christ's sake that miltank. Rollout. Would be the only gym leader I had an issue with. /:
OR Brock in Yellow version. But that was an easy fix if you caught a Mankey~
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Marisa
love coloured
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Also, to add to what I said before, about the team of Magikarps, there's also those fishermen with a dirty secret...those Fishermen who seem like they have a
team of Magikarp - and then at that last minute - GYARADOS appears...it's a horrible surprise when you least expect it.
leijon
kimisumi

pairs
family
credit
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Aurora
thanks elcheeso

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
The Black 2 / White 2 rival was possibly the most irritating Pokemon character I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. When you march about harassing everybody, boasting about your ever-growing strength and continually loudly proclaiming that you will defeat Team Plasma and save your sister's deranged Purrloin, you start becoming just a tiny bit annoying. This character is no exception to this rule.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM
lmcde22

ugh Flannery. Sure she is an inexperienced trainer and leader but c'mon! Even when i was a noob trainer i had more confidence than this girl. Your lack of self-confidence almost makes me want to spare you the catastrophic embarrassment and confidence let-down sure to pursue as my Swampert easily demolishes your pathetic gym trainers and your Torkoal, which, if you committed to training, could be a devastating foe. Get your sh*t together.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:06 AM
piefara
human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormborn View Post
Alder.

His Champion music wasn't cool.
his theme sucked aswell but i just hate him the design (mexican wrestler with hair problems) and the jumping of ledges BW2 does he just stay there waiting for a trainer to walk past? and his anime character sucks!
Barry wasn't bad but i hated his theme

that galactic grunt that says magikarp are worthless poor magikarp!

Last edited by piefara; May 13th, 2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I really really hate all the NPC trainers that have a team of 6 magikarps -.-
Those battles are long, annoying, incredibly boring and barely award you with XP.

I also didn't really like Wally in RSE for his insecurity and rather shy behavior. I expected my rival to taunt/trash talk me or whatever, so i really missed that.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormborn View Post
Alder.

His Champion music wasn't cool.
His music theme really suck it disappointed me and jumping on ledges is corny...right?

I hate bianca because she is dumb and she is pretty weak
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links