Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:38 PM).
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote originally posted by Rayquaza.:
That's great. My best guess is setting the events to parallel process and calling a script from there, maybe even using common events. I'll look into it also.

That would be usefull, as the pokébank stores variables for the amount deposited and the savings present. It can also be applied to storage as well if I'm not mistaken.
I'll go get the Poké Bank script, and test it still works.
And I'll try figure out how to item.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:42 PM).
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
That's great. My best guess is setting the events to parallel process and calling a script from there, maybe even using common events. I'll look into it also.

That would be usefull, as the pokébank stores variables for the amount deposited and the savings present. It can also be applied to storage as well if I'm not mistaken.
Two things
1, I meant about actually creating the event tiles. As far as I know, there IS a way, hidden, but existant.
2. I found a slight problem. a) The MD tiles on spriters-resource are 24x24, and resizing to 32x32 looks horrible.....
Old April 17th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Anglican:
Two things
2. I found a slight problem. a) The MD tiles on spriters-resource are 24x24, and resizing to 32x32 looks horrible.....
Did you try to do it in GIMP/Photoshop and disable Anti-Aliasing?
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
Old April 17th, 2013 (04:13 PM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

1, I meant about actually creating the event tiles. As far as I know, there IS a way, hidden, but existant.
Dependent events do this, although how they work is really quite fiddly. What I'm going to say is based on what I've just learnt after reading through the scripts, and is incomplete but possibly helpful information.

$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents is an instance of the class DependentEvents. This class contains an array realEvents, each entity of which is a Game_Event. These Game_Event are created in def createEvent, and includes things like setting its position, graphic and event pages (which in this case is a copy of the specified Common Event). Note that Game_Event is the object side of an event, and RPG::Event is the mechanics side.

$PokemonGlobal.dependentEvents is an array of various information about each dependent event, and there's a complex relationship between it and $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents (which is an array of Game_Events). That's where fiddly happens, but you probably won't need to worry too much about it and can just copy-paste everything.

Now, dependent events only update their positions when the player moves (so that they follow the player, obviously), and every reference to the dependent events in the other script sections are either doing this updating or are preventing the player from doing things they shouldn't be doing if they have a dependent event (e.g. ride a bicycle, use Fly). The behaviour you'll want for the roaming Pokémon is substantially different, as they should wander around freely in some random part of the map, so you'll need to edit different scripts instead (every script which updates events, I suppose) in order to make them also update the generated events too. Getting that sorted is half of the main problems (as far as I know of Mystery Dungeon, having barely played it). The other half is the battling, plus figuring out what to do with the events once they've "died" (e.g. make them wait a bit and then turn them into a random new Pokémon, or just dispose them and create new ones if desired?).

Obviously the scripts would all require massively overhauling, but I think it's worth it. For one, you can generate new Pokémon events on the fly without the map-maker having to worry about them. Another is that they're kept separate from the main type of events, which you may want to do different things with. Plus, the foundation already exists; you'll just need to change some behaviours (i.e. how/when they move around, what Pokémon they should be, etc.) which are comparatively minor things. Once it works, it'll be convenient.
Old April 17th, 2013 (09:14 PM).
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Quote originally posted by Maruno:
Dependent events do this, although how they work is really quite fiddly. What I'm going to say is based on what I've just learnt after reading through the scripts, and is incomplete but possibly helpful information.

$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents is an instance of the class DependentEvents. This class contains an array realEvents, each entity of which is a Game_Event. These Game_Event are created in def createEvent, and includes things like setting its position, graphic and event pages (which in this case is a copy of the specified Common Event). Note that Game_Event is the object side of an event, and RPG::Event is the mechanics side.

$PokemonGlobal.dependentEvents is an array of various information about each dependent event, and there's a complex relationship between it and $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents (which is an array of Game_Events). That's where fiddly happens, but you probably won't need to worry too much about it and can just copy-paste everything.

Now, dependent events only update their positions when the player moves (so that they follow the player, obviously), and every reference to the dependent events in the other script sections are either doing this updating or are preventing the player from doing things they shouldn't be doing if they have a dependent event (e.g. ride a bicycle, use Fly). The behaviour you'll want for the roaming Pokémon is substantially different, as they should wander around freely in some random part of the map, so you'll need to edit different scripts instead (every script which updates events, I suppose) in order to make them also update the generated events too. Getting that sorted is half of the main problems (as far as I know of Mystery Dungeon, having barely played it). The other half is the battling, plus figuring out what to do with the events once they've "died" (e.g. make them wait a bit and then turn them into a random new Pokémon, or just dispose them and create new ones if desired?).

Obviously the scripts would all require massively overhauling, but I think it's worth it. For one, you can generate new Pokémon events on the fly without the map-maker having to worry about them. Another is that they're kept separate from the main type of events, which you may want to do different things with. Plus, the foundation already exists; you'll just need to change some behaviours (i.e. how/when they move around, what Pokémon they should be, etc.) which are comparatively minor things. Once it works, it'll be convenient.
Thankyou! I knew there was something already there, but I wasn't sure where! Thanks!
Old April 18th, 2013 (12:08 AM).
Imags
Unhatched Egg

Is this gonna be made for RPG MAKER VX ace?
Old April 18th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Imags:
Is this gonna be made for RPG MAKER VX ace?
I would hope for it to be either on VX or VX Ace. Seeming as it would get the community off of XP. As well as the newer version of RGSS and high aesthetic level.
Old April 20th, 2013 (02:55 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I would hope for it to be either on VX or VX Ace. Seeming as it would get the community off of XP. As well as the newer version of RGSS and high aesthetic level.
Hmm, I'd suggest we do this for XP, although peeople might switch to Ace soon.

I think there's a random dungeon generator stored somewhere, but we'll need to randomize all mystery dungeons. This can be really hard, but I think we can put it like this.

First of all, the wall should be an scripted autotile that covers the whole Mystery Dungeon floor.
Sizes : 64x64 - Small Dungeons (Tiny Woods, Drenched Bluff, Mt. Steel)
128x128 - Mediocre (most) Dungeons
160x160 - Large Dungeons (Sky Tower, Temporal Tower)
We'll define a room. Inside it we can apply full line of sight and area effects. A room can be minimum of size 5x5, and maximum 17x17 tiles. Which means 4x4 to 16x16 of walkable space. We start this at the start of the map, at the top-left corner. The we can define paths. These will only give line of sight for 3x3 tiles. These paths will be defined through openings in a room, which can be limited to five. They shall connect two rooms. This will be the basic structure. Additionally, we can end a path without a connection, thus making them one of PMD's infamous Dead Ends. It should also be possible to connect a path to another, thus making it possible to turn the pathway. We should also ensure that no two paths should touch each other, and a one-tile wall at minimum should separate them.

I think that'll do for starters. Then we can add up how to set Terrian Tags.

I believe the above stack of information should help define a RANDOM MYSTERY DUNGEON, and thus qualify the very essence of the game. Also, I have just put up a stack of information with the hope that one day I'll compile this into a script.

Additionally, I believe the Mini-Map is also a feature I'd like to discuss in great lengths. It's something like a GPS system, and a very complex device that should be applied to a length of discussion.
Old April 20th, 2013 (04:37 AM).
Maruno

There's a bunch of random dungeon generator scripts around the Internet, as well as papers discussing them. Essentials itself has a random dungeon generator. There's no need to try making something from scratch.
Old April 20th, 2013 (06:40 AM).
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Another idea popped into my head recently: Instead of scripting from scratch; we use CNG's kit as a base as it already has basic PMD style scripts (but no battle system). I permission is required then I'll ask him.
Sure, go ahead.
I didn't have much by way of useable systems then.

Precisely, using that graphic that you attached would be ideal. If I remember rightly CNG also made a dual screen script that put the map on the bottom and parralaxes at the top.[/SPOILER]
I did! Here's the demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?00rr68fn4lc8ffo

Good luck with this, it's a big undertaking creating a StarterKit from scratch.
I was considering continuing with mine (I have a lot of the base systems coded in VX Ace), but i'm not sure how committed i'd be to the project. I've learnt a lot about scripting since I last attempted, so who knows.
Old April 20th, 2013 (08:39 AM).
Rayquaza.

@★Hoenn★,
Quote:
Just found something useful here. It's a random dungeon generator for VX (I think) with instructions that are to complicated for me to understand but I think others may be able to.

Spoiler:
Code:
#===============================================================================
# Roguelike Random Dungeon Generator
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Version: 2.0a
# Author: cozziekuns (rmrk)
# Last Date Updated: 4/11/2011
#===============================================================================
# Description:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# A random dungeon generator akin to that of games like Rogue or Pokemon Mystery
# Dungeon.
# Updates
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# o 16/07/2011 - Started Script
# o 17/07/2011 - Updated Script to support black outlines and some autotile 
#                features
# o 15/09/2011 - Bugfix.
# o 17/09/2011 - Major overhaul of the entire script. Now has fully functional
#                autotile support, and a much faster algorithm that can create a 
#                500 * 500 tile map with 1000 features in less than 10 seconds.
# To-do List
# o Nothing! Suggest some features.
# Instructions
# Copy and paste this script above ? Main Process but below ? Materials, and
# edit the modules to your liking. Some difficult modules have links to the 
# instructions.
# Maps
# Start editing at:
#   case id
#   when [id] - Replace [id] with your map id.
#     ROOM_MIN_WIDTH : Minimum width for a single "Room"
#     ROOM_MAX_WIDTH : Maximum width for a single "Room"
#     ROOM_MIN_HEIGHT : Minimum height for a single "Room"
#     ROOM_MAX_HEIGHT : Maximum height for a single "Room"
#     FEATURES : How many features you want to fit in the map
#     WALL_TILE : Tile of the wall
#     FLOOR_TILE : Tile of the floor
#     BLACK_OUTLINE : Do you want a black outline surrounding your random 
#                     dungeon (slow).
#   end

module COZZIEKUNS

module RDG

def self.map_settings(id)
      case id
      when 1
        room_min_width = 3
        room_max_width = 6
        room_min_height = 3
        room_max_height = 6
        features = 200
        wall_tile = 0
        floor_tile = 16
        black_outline = false
      when 2
        room_min_width = 4
        room_max_width = 8
        room_min_height = 4
        room_max_height = 8
        features = 75
        wall_tile = 6
        floor_tile = 52
        black_outline = false
      end
      return [room_min_width, room_max_width, room_min_height, room_max_height,
      features, wall_tile, floor_tile, black_outline].compact 
    end

end

end

#==============================================================================
# ** Game_Map
#==============================================================================

class Game_Map 

alias coz_rdg_gm_setup setup
  def setup(*args)
    coz_rdg_gm_setup(*args)
    create_dungeon if not COZZIEKUNS::RDG.map_settings(@map_id).empty?
  end

def create_dungeon
    set_variables
    fill_wall_tiles
    dig_random_room
    for i in 0...@features
      count = 0
      loop do
        count += 1
        choose_next_wall
        make_new_feature
        break if @can_make or count == 5
      end
    end
    refine_tilemap
    set_player_and_events
  end

def set_variables
    settings = COZZIEKUNS::RDG.map_settings(@map_id)
    @rmiw = settings[0]
    @rmaw = settings[1]
    @rmih = settings[2]
    @rmah = settings[3]
    @features = settings[4]
    @walls = []
    @floor = []
    @next_wall = []
    @wall_tile = (settings[5] + 80) * 48 + 2048
    @wall2_tile = (settings[5] + 88) * 48 + 2048
    @floor_tile = (settings[6] + 128) + 1408
    @black_outline = settings[7]
    @next_feature = 0
    @can_make = false
    @player_transfered = false
  end

def set_player_and_events
    for event in $game_map.events.values + [$game_player]
      loop do
        ax = @floor[rand(@floor.size)][0]
        ay = @floor[rand(@floor.size)][1]
        if passable_in_area?(ax - 1, ay - 1, event)
          event.moveto(ax, ay)
          break
        end
      end
    end
  end

alias coz_rdg_gm_update update
  def update
    coz_rdg_gm_update
    unless @player_transfered or COZZIEKUNS::RDG.map_settings(@map_id).empty?
      @player_transfered = true
      set_player_and_events
    end
  end

def passable_in_area?(x, y, char, width = 3, height = 3)
    for i in x...x + width; for j in y...y + height
      return false if not char.passable?(i, j)
    end; end
    return true
  end

def fill_wall_tiles
    for i in 0...width; for j in 0...height
      @map.data[i, j, 0] = @wall_tile
    end; end
  end

def dig_random_room
    x = [rand(width) + 1, width - @rmaw - 1].min
    y = [rand(height) + 1, height - @rmah - 1].min
    dig_room(x, y)
  end

def dig_room(x, y, direction = 2)
    width = rand(@rmiw) + @rmaw - @rmiw + 1
    height = rand(@rmih) + @rmah - @rmih + 1
    for i in 0...width
      for j in 0...height
        case direction
        when 0; new_x = x + j; new_y = y + i
        when 1; new_x = x - i; new_y = y + j
        when 2; new_x = x + i; new_y = y + j
        when 3; new_x = x + j; new_y = y - i
        end
        @map.data[new_x, new_y, 0] = @floor_tile
        @floor.push([new_x, new_y]) 
        @walls.push([new_x - 1, new_y, 1]) if new_x == x
        @walls.push([new_x + 1, new_y, 2]) if new_x == x + width - 1
        @walls.push([new_x, new_y - 1, 3]) if new_y == y
        @walls.push([new_x, new_y + 1, 0]) if new_y == y + height - 1
      end
    end
    @next_feature = 1
  end

def dig_corridor(x, y, direction)
    j = 0
    width = rand(@rmiw) + @rmaw - @rmiw + 1
    height = 0
    for i in 0...width
      case direction
      when 0; new_x = x + j; new_y = y + i
      when 1; new_x = x - i; new_y = y + j
      when 2; new_x = x + i; new_y = y + j  
      when 3; new_x = x + j; new_y = y - i 
      end
      @map.data[new_x, new_y, 0] = @floor_tile
      @floor.push([new_x, new_y]) 
      @walls.push([new_x - 1, new_y, 1]) if new_x == x
      @walls.push([new_x + 1, new_y, 2]) if new_x == x + width - 1
      @walls.push([new_x, new_y - 1, 3]) if new_y == y
      @walls.push([new_x, new_y + 1, 0]) if new_y == y + height - 1
    end
    case direction
    when 0; @next_wall = [x + height, y + width, 0]
    when 1; @next_wall = [x - width, y + height, 1]
    when 2; @next_wall = [x + width, y + height, 2]
    when 3; @next_wall = [x + height, y - width, 3]
    end
    @next_feature = 0
  end

def choose_next_wall; @next_wall = @walls[rand(@walls.size)]; end

def make_new_feature
    direction = rand(4)
    @can_make = scan_area(@next_wall[0], @next_wall[1], @next_wall[2])
    return if not @can_make
    @walls.delete(@next_wall)
    dig_corridor(@next_wall[0], @next_wall[1], @next_wall[2])
    @can_make = scan_area(@next_wall[0], @next_wall[1], @next_wall[2])
    dig_room(@next_wall[0], @next_wall[1], @next_wall[2]) if @can_make
    @next_feature = 1
  end

def scan_area(x, y, direction)
    case @next_feature
    when 0
      for i in 0..@rmaw + 1; for j in 0..@rmah + 1
        case direction
        when 0; return false if passable?(x + j, y + i) or !valid?(x + j, y + i)
        when 1; return false if passable?(x - i, y + j) or !valid?(x - i, y + j)
        when 2; return false if passable?(x + i, y + j) or !valid?(x + i, y + j)
        when 3; return false if passable?(x + j, y - i) or !valid?(x + j, y - i)
        end
      end; end
    when 1
      for i in 0..@rmaw + 1; for j in -2..2
        case direction
        when 0; return false if passable?(x + j, y + i) or !valid?(x + j, y + i)
        when 1; return false if passable?(x - i, y + j) or !valid?(x - i, y + j)
        when 2; return false if passable?(x + i, y + j) or !valid?(x + i, y + j)
        when 3; return false if passable?(x + j, y - i) or !valid?(x + j, y - i)
        end
      end; end
    end
    return true
  end

def refine_tilemap
    for point in @floor
      next if passable?(point[0], point[1] - 1)
      if passable?(point[0], point[1] - 2)
        @map.data[point[0], point[1] - 1, 0] = @floor_tile
      else
        @map.data[point[0], point[1] - 1, 0] = @wall2_tile
      end
    end
      next if @map.data[i, j, 0] == @floor_tile 
      type = @map.data[i, j, 0] == @wall2_tile ? 1 : 0
      @map.data[i, j, 0] = rdg_tilemap_id(i, j, type) 
    end; end
    return if not @black_outline
      next if @floor.include?([i, j])
      if (@map.data[i, j, 0] - 2048) % 48 == 0 
        @map.data[i, j, 0] = 0
      end
    end; end
  end

def rdg_tilemap_id(x, y, type)
    data = @map.data
    base = @map.data[x, y, 0]
    return base if x == 0 or x == width - 1 or y == 0 or y == width - 1
    case type
    when 0
      count = 0
      count += 1 if (data[x - 1, y, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
      count += 2 if (data[x, y - 1, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
      count += 4 if (data[x + 1, y, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
      count += 8 if (data[x, y + 1, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
      id = case count 
      when 0 then check_corners(x, y, base)
      when 1 then 16 + ((check_corners(x, y, base, [2, 4])) / 2)
      when 2 then 20 + ((check_corners(x, y, base, [4, 8])) / 4)
      when 3 then 34 + ((check_corners(x, y, base, [4])) / 4)
      when 4 then 24 + ([0,8,1,9].index(check_corners(x, y, base, [1, 8])))
      when 5 then 32
      when 6 then 36 + ((check_corners(x, y, base, [8])) / 8)
      when 7 then 42
      when 8 then 28 + check_corners(x, y, base, [1, 2])
      when 9 then 40 + ((check_corners(x, y, base, [2])) / 2)
      when 10 then 33
      when 11 then 43
      when 12 then 38 + check_corners(x, y, base, [1])
      else
        31 + count
      end
    when 1
      count = 0
      count += 1 if passable?(x - 1, y)
      count += 4 if passable?(x + 1, y)
      id = count + 10
    end
    return base + id
  end

def check_corners(x, y, base, corners = [1, 2, 4, 8])
    count = 0
    data = @map.data
    count += 1 if corners.include?(1) and (data[x - 1, y - 1, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
    count += 2 if corners.include?(2) and (data[x + 1, y - 1, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
    count += 4 if corners.include?(4) and (data[x + 1, y + 1, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
    count += 8 if corners.include?(8) and (data[x - 1, y + 1, 0] - 2048) / 48 != (base - 2048) / 48 rescue false
    return count
  end

end
Quote originally posted by Crazyninjaguy:
Sure, go ahead.
I didn't have much by way of useable systems then.

I did! Here's the demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?00rr68fn4lc8ffo

Good luck with this, it's a big undertaking creating a StarterKit from scratch.
I was considering continuing with mine (I have a lot of the base systems coded in VX Ace), but i'm not sure how committed i'd be to the project. I've learnt a lot about scripting since I last attempted, so who knows.
Thanks. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Old April 20th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
Crazyninjaguy
I'm back.

Well depending on which RPG Maker version you're using for this, I may be able to contribute a few scripts.

If it's VX Ace, then it's more than likely I can, if not then I can't make any promises!
Old April 20th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
Rayquaza.

Quote originally posted by Crazyninjaguy:
Well depending on which RPG Maker version you're using for this, I may be able to contribute a few scripts.

If it's VX Ace, then it's more than likely I can, if not then I can't make any promises!
It's more than likely to be in VX or ace because one of my aims for this kit's succession is to get as many users as possible off RMXP.
Old April 20th, 2013 (01:33 PM).
Maruno

It's more than likely to be in VX or ace because one of my aims for this kit's succession is to get as many users as possible off RMXP.
Why? Is XP really that bad?
Old April 20th, 2013 (01:51 PM).
Rayquaza.

No, XP is fine. I work with it for Skyblaze but it has been around far too long and I think we need to see other RPG makers used for games.
Old April 20th, 2013 (03:30 PM).
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
No, XP is fine. I work with it for Skyblaze but it has been around far too long and I think we need to see other RPG makers used for games.
But what's the point in using the one of the other two RPG Makers? What makes them so special, what features are there that make such a big difference to give a reason to change over?

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old April 20th, 2013 (07:16 PM).
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Just doing a bit of research - there are 60 IQ Skills, available at http://www.serebii.net/dungeon2/iqskills.shtml
Old April 20th, 2013 (08:15 PM).
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by carmaniac:
But what's the point in using the one of the other two RPG Makers? What makes them so special, what features are there that make such a big difference to give a reason to change over?
Honestly? If there was a Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit (complete and stable, like the current one) for VX Ace, I'd switch to that. Biggest reason, and probably primary, is that it has a bigger and better support for media libraries, and the ability to play loopable .ogg files. Spritesheets are also handled with one less sprite for a direction, so instead of it being 4x4, it'd end up being 3x4.
It's not about the big changes, but the little changes that make developing just a tad easier in the long run.
There's also room for more tilesets than the basic 7 we're limited to in XP. That's been a massive issue of mine since day one, being limited to 7 in a tileset. VX and VX Ace have an entire section devoted to tilesets, an infinite number can go into it. Tiles in general are easier to work with - instead of needing to create a supermassive tileset, tilesets can be broken up into individual parts, smaller parts. Granted, you're only allowed about 5 parts per tileset, but that should be more than plenty to go crazy with making maps.
So yeah, that's basically reasons I'd see for moving a project to VX if possible, not that it'd be advised if you made large progress on XP. Stick to what you've done if it's a lot.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
Old April 20th, 2013 (10:50 PM).
Rayquaza.

Quote originally posted by carmaniac:
There is a wider variety of tilesets for use, the most up-to-date version of ruby and the general aesthetics level is far higher (e.g. Quick event creation).

Just doing a bit of research - there are 60 IQ Skills, available at http://www.serebii.net/dungeon2/iqskills.shtml
Old April 20th, 2013 (11:31 PM).
Cresent97
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely
Just need to worry about the OWs to be honest.
If you still need those B/W OWs I seem to have stumbled upon some

I could also put them in any RPG maker character format if you want since they aren't in the format.
Attached Thumbnails
unova_overworlds_by_csc_a7x-d3cbfbw.jpg‎  
Old April 21st, 2013 (12:39 AM).
Rayquaza.

Unfortunately we need PMD styled sprites, these are from BW.
Old April 21st, 2013 (01:45 AM).
Cresent97
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely
The only difference from mystery dungeon is that they have on attack and a diagonal which I could sprite for you and I'll use the sprites I have as a reference, if you want me to that is.
Old April 21st, 2013 (01:59 AM).
Rayquaza.

Quote originally posted by Cresent97:
The only difference from mystery dungeon is that they have on attack and a diagonal which I could sprite for you and I'll use the sprites I have as a reference, if you want me to that is.
No, that is not the only difference, PMD sprites have always had far more detail on them than HGSS to BW sprites have:

See the difference? Guess which one is PMD.
Old April 21st, 2013 (02:17 AM).
Zodiac.
Flannary Returns!

Rayquaza. is right. There is too bigger difference. BW overworlds have a very dull walking animation in comparison with PMD sprites which are more detailed and have a very smooth walking animation. Add it up - they're not the same.

Old April 21st, 2013 (08:42 PM). Edited April 21st, 2013 by UnderMybrella.
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Yeah. A lot of my friends have actually said, "I want a pokemon following script in X/Y, and I want MD graphics". And. They're. Right. The quality in MD sprites is much higher than the Pokemon OW's in the main games

Anyway, did a bit of work on a Java version, I've got the basics for IQ, status's and type covered I think. Screenies in attachments
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 2.47.55 PM.png‎   Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 2.48.11 PM.png‎  

Sponsored Links