The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Umm, Alexial, can you replace the current pic of the grass starter with this better one?

I redid the outlining with a solid black color, removed artifacts, and shaded it sorta :D

Next up is the shaded final grass starter, which will be up by tommorow
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
@ Ragnia : I actually really like the idea of the Sableye evolution. :o I think your design may be best suited there, to be honest. Throw some gems on that guy, make 'em Ghost/Dark and call it good.
You want gems? I can do gems!
Spoiler:

There ya go!....I realize that may have been funnier in my head, but oh well! Here's the actual one
Spoiler:

Name: Sablevile
Type: Dark/Ghost
Ability: Keen Eye, Stall, or Prankster
Classification:Darkness Pokemon
Gender Ratio: 50% 50%
Height: 3'4"
Weight:52.7 lbs

Yep so that's it, and guess what, it looks a lot like Sableye! Yayyy? Oh and sorry for it being slanted, I didn't realize that was how I was drawing it -.-;
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Jetstream9777

Okay I will do that today Akexial. Anybody want to colour in my designs??
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:53 AM
DaydreamsAway
<---- MAH WAIFU :3

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to DaydreamsAway
Terribly sorry If I didn't do much these past few days.. Well apparently some dude bombed my town's power plant and my town was cut off for a few days.. So yeah but dont worry I'll be continuing my forward of my latest doodle like pokemon maybe later on... :D

TELL ME I'M NOT DREAMING AGAIN!
OUR LOVE IS NOT A GHOST...

Best Song Ever!

Old May 29th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Finalized final grass starter:

Now that I'm practically done with my quota, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm going to start filling in the list with some missing single-types. I'm open to suggestions, otherwise I'm going to make a Rock/Ground mole...

And I might also add that I'm best at drawing things that AREN'T so complex, like my Ghost Eevee.
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys I want to clear some confusion regarding the primary Legendaries, theres already 3 legendaries based on poseidon, zeus and hades but you guys said its ok if I also gave them a try right?

Anyway I said that I would do this as a step by step project so here are my initial sketches of the poseidon legendary, its still isn't close to being done but I want you guys to see how its going, give me ideas, etc. Sorry that the picture is blurry, when I started doing the design I realized it was going to be too big so I just use more paper lol.

head close up
Spoiler:

Ok so the design its a hybrid of dolphin, shark, merman and sea monster. The head is suppose to be of a shark(will add the fin soon enough), the tail will be of a dolphin so it will be horizontal, the body its a combination of merman or mermaid(fish tail and arms) and a sea creature(long neck and big abdomen).

Im going for an armored look since this is a greek based design and roman armor is an iconic part of the Greek culture. The helmet as you can see has a sort of ribbon, this is based on the roman helmet design which have hair as a decorative feature. The colors I have in mind are Blue, Silver and Black
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Fairy
Princess of Hyrule

Okay, first post should be updated with everyone's fakemons. :)

Jet, I've been working on your dragon Eevee. I made some small, tiny changes to it to give it a more cohesive (and Eevee-like) look but I kept your design intact. Will post soon!

I also got a poison Eevee on the way.. but I'll admit, it looks very, very, very Ghost-type. :( Again, will post soon. I want to get everyone's opinion on it.

Sunny, use your best judgement and draw your heart out. You've put in so much great work, I totally trust you to have free reign over whatever fakemons you think fit in. Go forth!

.....BeefTaco. O_O; Omg. Okay. Anyone else really love that legendary?

I vote we immediately make room for that design. I don't care how it happens, we need that fakemon in our dex. Agreed?

{pair}{brothers}{mod}{twin}{gallery}
{bell tree}{pixel joint}{fairy club}{acnl club}{theme}
{pokemon fae}{credit}{friend code}{dream address}
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
.....BeefTaco. O_O; Omg. Okay. Anyone else really love that legendary?

I vote we immediately make room for that design. I don't care how it happens, we need that fakemon in our dex. Agreed?
*raises both hands*
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Hmm, I think we should put the list of needed Eeveelutions back up, lol. It's convenient to let us see what types still need to be done.

Okay, so:
Normal
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Flying
Bug
Fighting
Rock
Ground
Steel
Psychic
Dark
Poison
Ghost
Ice
Dragon

. . . it looks like we only need Fighting, Normal and Rock. Wow, I didn't think we were that far along with them all, lol.
I could try to revamp Fracxtieon to keep its Rock-typing but give it a more unique and detailed look?

Anyways, I'll work on some flavor text for my pokemon . . . right after I do a Spanish project, English Thesis paper, and some Global History homework . . . and clean my room! Yay! xD
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BeefTaco, I have a slight hunch your just showing off now! :D
(or my jealousy is kicking in)
But honestly, you should totally do some other legendaries while your at it!
The design is relatively simple, yet it has enough oomph to set it apart from anything else!

EDIT:
I might as well just post these guys instead of double posting :L

The moles are based on construction guards, and miners and stuff. They were supposed to have rings under their eyes to represent they're tiredness, but I guess it didn't show up well.

Names: Pebbole -> Moulder
Types: Rock/Ground, or just pure Rock
Abilities: Rock Head,(maybe Battle Armor?)
Delicious Text:

1 - Pebbole, while initially reluctant at first, tend to the needs of its owner in a mutual relationship. They usually require a form of pay in return for their work.

2 - Deep in underground caves, Moulder can be seen directing traffic in tunnel systems for Ground Pokemon. In the most likely situations, they can also be seen assisting traffic guards on the surface.

AND FAIRY TYPE!
If the fairy type were real, whats not to expect literal fairies?
So I doodled up a literal fairy, complete with pixie dust and whatnot.
High-fives to those who know where I got the fairy idea :D

Name: Elfae (elf and fae)
Type: FAIRY (or plain normal if they lied to me... ;___________
Abilities: Prankster or Technician
Tasty Text:

1 - Elfae live in utopian societies, sharing their knowledge with each other. Ironically, humans consider them as pesky, since Elfae usually cause mischievous problems in the presence of another species.

2 - The intelligence of an Elfae is only shown during times of excitement. When even slightly bored, their minds drop to that of a simpleton.

Last edited by Sunfished; May 29th, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:47 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I like the Pebbole / Moulder idea, but aren't they awfully similar to the Excadrill line?

While cleaning today, I stumbled upon some old sketches of both Fakemon and just nonexistent animals (from before I discovered Pokemon). I'm going to try to get some art finished for here, and will fix up my Fighting-type to post.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
I like the Pebbole / Moulder idea, but aren't they awfully similar to the Excadrill line?

While cleaning today, I stumbled upon some old sketches of both Fakemon and just nonexistent animals (from before I discovered Pokemon). I'm going to try to get some art finished for here, and will fix up my Fighting-type to post.
While that IS an inevitable truth, I designed it knowing that it was similar to Excadrill. Mine is supposed to be the Defensive equivalent to Excadrill, So in a sense I found a loophole to the similarity :D

And you kept old Fakes too? I have almost 3 notebooks,(with no pages torn out!), just filled with Fakes from 7-8 years ago. Maybe I should pull some of them out of there so they can finally get a chance to see the world...
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
BeefTaco

Haha thanks for the compliments guys, Ill try my very best for this one so it will take a while for it to be finished and if you guys really want me to do more legendaries ill do them :>

Sunfished@ maybe a little , nah but I'm just trying my best lol. The design its gonna get a little more complicated around the torso and the tail but I never go overboard with details. Also your designs look really good man, I cant wait to see them colored.
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Fairy
Princess of Hyrule

Quick outline for a Poison Eevee evolution. I'm thinking of scrapping it because of the obvious Ghost-like characteristics, but I thought I should post it to get your opinions.

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Alexial, you should totally keep it! :D

The goopey bits are well enough to tell that it's a poison type, and what's the harm in keeping it? ^_______________________________^

If you're still content with altering it, maybe the reason it looks ghosty is because of the swirly parts. Usually, when I think of toxic clouds, I think of fluffy large tufts, like a cloud. But I'm weird, so maybe my opinion shouldn't be adhered to
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I think it looks good! (and also beeftaco that legendary is awesome!)

And if no one minds, could I do the rock-type eevee?
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:07 PM
BeefTaco

Honestly I like how it looks, sure it look ghostly but look at Gastly for example its a Posion/Ghost type and the detail in the design which specifically shows it is Posion type its the gas around it just like your design. Also the body form, the ooze and the crossed skull really show that its poison type.
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:30 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I didn't exactly keep them. They just happened to be in some sketchbooks / notebooks that I found today.

Okay, so I won't be able to draw anything digitally for a while. I just lost the stylus/pen for my tablet, so it's about worthless. It does work by touch, but I can't use it to save my life. And my drawings done with a mouse might possibly make you go blind.

I currently am about to start on a sketch of a new Fakemon, though (based off one I made before this thread existed).

Edit:
I couldn't let myself draw until I found the stylus/pen, but I did just find it, so I'm about to start now.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; May 29th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

beep beep, update on the Crow:

Name: Necrow (evolution will be a grim reaper sort of thing, or that greek guy that guards the underworld or something)
Type: Dark/Flying
Ability: Forewarn
Hunger Text:
"Necrow are present in areas where a death has just recently occurred. Their numbers are proportional to the importance of the one who died"
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Fairy
Princess of Hyrule

Word, thanks everyone! I'll try a few different techniques with the ethereal parts of.. oh, wait.. I never named it. Uhhh... Noxeon (hoho, get it, noxious?). Idk, I just came up with that.

Yeah anyway, I'll keep trying with Noxeon and see how it goes. Also, someone else take the Fighting Eevee. I just can't do it. :( Everything I come up with either looks terrible or has already been done.

Sunny, I'll upload your Necrow soon.

Slender, if, for whatever reason you loose your stylus again, I can recommend replacements for ya.

Jet, ehhhhh Dragon Eevee. I'm struggling with spriting it. Making it "eevee-like" (ya'll know what I'm talking about) more or less completely negates your style -- which I something I want to preserve at all costs. And I really don't want to override your design with my own like I did with Cirreon and Antaeon.. sorry guys :(

So, I don't know, I'll post what I've got but I'm not very happy with it.

Old May 29th, 2013, 08:16 PM
BeefTaco

Jetstream you asked somebody to color your designs? Here you go buddy hope you like them

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry I couldn't do the last one, I really didn't know what the main body was made of so I didn't know what colors to use, either way great designs

EDIT: Alexial if you are not feeling your design 100% you can always change it, I don't think anybody will have a problem with it

Last edited by BeefTaco; May 29th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Fairy
Princess of Hyrule

Ehhhhh..... this is so unfinished it's not even funny.

So yeah, here's the Dragon Eevee I could come up with and it has more or less no resemblance with the original. :c I had a very difficult time translating the scales with spriting and I had an even harder time giving it distinguishable wings that laid flat against its back.

So, here's a break down of what I did, Jet.

I gave it "wing ears" this fills the dragon quota and keeps that "Eevee" evolution look.
I gave it a fin/horn like thing to fill the empty space in between the wings.
I added fangs and gave it that hinged jaw look that reptiles often have.
I removed the claws, but mostly because I couldn't settle on a color, not because they weren't needed.
I kept the stone on the forehead.
I tried to kept the overall shape and feel.
I kept, but exaggerated, the three-prong tail.

I'm pretty unhappy with the entire back half of it too. HALP ME

Old May 29th, 2013, 08:49 PM
BeefTaco

Hmmm let me see, you could try giving it a backside that resembles Vaporeon's design, the tail length and back legs size I mean not the tail design, just throwing ideas out there.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Fairy
Princess of Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
Hmmm let me see, you could try giving it a backside that resembles Vaporeon's design, the tail length and back legs size I mean not the tail design, just throwing ideas out there.
Hm.. I hear ya. I'll keep playing around with it. Jet's original sketch had very narrow legs and thin hind quarters, so I'll try thinning it out more. Right now, it just seems like a blob of empty space back there.

On a good note!

Now this one I'm pretty darn happy with. :D

Old May 29th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Jetstream9777

Maybe the dragon eevee should sit down so the wings come out and it's easier to draw the tail.
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Fairy
Princess of Hyrule

Well.. whether or not it's sitting wouldn't really matter since its wings are on its head, not its back, you know? I mean, I can totally try to sprite it sitting to take up that empty space on the back half, but that wouldn't effect the wings given their current location. The other option is moving the wings to their original spot and finding something to occupy the head but, in my opinion, that would compromise the "Eevee" look (but hey, I guess Vaporeon broke that Eevee evolution mold too, so I'm not above trying).

I don't know, it's definitely a tough one. I'll keep testing different poses and anatomy until we find something that works. :)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here