Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old May 30th, 2013 (01:24 AM). Edited May 30th, 2013 by Jetstream9777.

Certainly I would think that the wings on the body when it's sat down and spread out would look awesome

i have gone over the candy pokemon images and here they are

The first is normal, The second is normal/psychic

The third is normal/psychic
Old May 30th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
So I was looking through the beginning post and I noticed something:

Spoiler:

• Name : Antaeon
  • Type : Ground
  • Ability : Sand Veil
  • Classification : The Mud Armor Pokemon
  • Gender Ratio : 50% 50%
  • Flavor Text : Antaeon can pass through solid rock surfaces and disappear without a trace. The orange collar around its neck is used as an antenna to pick up vibration waves while in the ground.
  • Base Stats
    • HP : 90
    • Attack : 60
    • Defense : 110
    • Special Attack : 40
    • Special Defense : 110
    • Speed : 55
    • TOTAL : 465

I have a problem with this. My problem isn't the large change in design or the change in ability. I'm not really miffed by the change in antaeon's classification.

But here's my problem. If this is supposed to be an eeveelution, then it SHOULD follow the same rules of an eeveelution, which we've appieed to the design. So why was the gender ratio changed, when for every eeveelution its a 87.5% male to 12.75% female ratio? And also, why were the stats changed as well? Every eevee has a stat spread of 110, 130, 95, 65, 65 and 60, totalling to 525, as I had originally put in my post with the stats etc. :\

Also I made the rock eevee, although it was pretty tricky so I don't know how much we'll want to keep this design haha. My thoughts were it ate minerals and they built up on it's skin resulting in a crystalline layer or whatever:

http://i.imgur.com/NyZnHCP.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty weird haha!
Old May 30th, 2013 (01:05 PM). Edited May 30th, 2013 by Fairy.
queen bitch
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:
So I was looking through the beginning post and I noticed something:

Spoiler:

• Name : Antaeon
  • Type : Ground
  • Ability : Sand Veil
  • Classification : The Mud Armor Pokemon
  • Gender Ratio : 50% 50%
  • Flavor Text : Antaeon can pass through solid rock surfaces and disappear without a trace. The orange collar around its neck is used as an antenna to pick up vibration waves while in the ground.
  • Base Stats
    • HP : 90
    • Attack : 60
    • Defense : 110
    • Special Attack : 40
    • Special Defense : 110
    • Speed : 55
    • TOTAL : 465

I have a problem with this. My problem isn't the large change in design or the change in ability. I'm not really miffed by the change in antaeon's classification.

But here's my problem. If this is supposed to be an eeveelution, then it SHOULD follow the same rules of an eeveelution, which we've appieed to the design. So why was the gender ratio changed, when for every eeveelution its a 87.5% male to 12.75% female ratio? And also, why were the stats changed as well? Every eevee has a stat spread of 110, 130, 95, 65, 65 and 60, totalling to 525, as I had originally put in my post with the stats etc. :\

Also I made the rock eevee, although it was pretty tricky so I don't know how much we'll want to keep this design haha. My thoughts were it ate minerals and they built up on it's skin resulting in a crystalline layer or whatever:

http://i.imgur.com/NyZnHCP.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty weird haha!
Ahhhhh nononono

I'm so sorry Golurk, I put in filler information until I had time to insert yours and I totally forgot. u_u; Yeah no, all of the stuff that I put in wasn't supposed to be permanent at all, that's why it's pretty much as basic as it gets.

I'll go insert your information right now! :3 That was totally my bad.

Dat rock eevee is tasty too~

Edit : Okay hun, it should be all good now, but please double check and make sure it's exactly how you wanted. n_n; Again, totally my bad. This thread moves so fast sometimes and its easy to overlook stuff.
Old May 30th, 2013 (01:32 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys I finished the Poseidon Legendary sketch, there are things im going to change like the tail but overall its finished. I properly finished the arms and chest, added armor plates which Ill probably decorate a little more and finished the tail which I will change since it doesnt really fit in my opinion.

big picture
Spoiler:

While I was doing this design I realized something, some of its design are really diamond shaped and I thought that it would be a good idea to incorporate the main shapes of the card game Spades to each Legendary. Poseidon would have the Diamond, Zeus would have the Spade, Hades the Club and for the first time ever a 4th primary legendary will have the Heart, maybe Hera or Aphrodite? Since Greek mythology has a kinda royal feel to it and Spades has King and Queen cards I thought these two themes would fit, what do ya guys think?
Old May 30th, 2013 (01:41 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
That looks REALLY EPIC!!

the card shapes are a great idea to use, but if memory serves, Dragon Quest Monsters did the same thing:
Diamond was a dragon,(Diamagon)
Club was a monkey,(Cluboon)
Heart was a phoenix I think, named Fireheart or something
Spades/Ace/Wildcard was a wolf/dog thing

But, since this isn't closely related, I find no problem in incorporating the idea. Just wanted to tell you someone already "did" it, per se.
Old May 30th, 2013 (01:49 PM).

Yeah I've seen it in other places too, I just thought it was a good idea for Pokemon.
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:00 PM).

What do you guys think of my candy fakemon
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:04 PM).

They look good Jet, I colored the first 2 evolutions for you, check them out in the previous page , if you don't mind I could color the 3rd one as well but I don't really know what the main body it's made of.
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:23 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Your candy Fakes are really creative, and definitely look fun to have!

The design is kinda lacking though. It looks as if you slapped a face on some candy for the first and second stages, but the 3rd stage looks practically fine.

What I suggest is to make them more unique. Right now they're really JUST candy with faces on them

Like, here's what I doodled up on OH MY GOD MSPAINT real quick on what they would look like, with candy as the "theme" rather than the base:

What I'm trying to get at is that you have a REALLY great idea, just make it have that "I've never seen that before!" kind of look :D

Oh yeah, that cone thing is a wizard hat :D
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:31 PM).

I wonder how these pokemon would survive in the wild looking so delicious and eatable, they would probably get eaten by wondering Munchlax.
Old May 30th, 2013 (03:25 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Now back to earthly ordeals...
I got the moles shaded:

Anybody know what types we're lacking? Or any ideas for that matter?

EDIT:
OH GOSH I FORGOT TO RESIZE THEM TO SCALE WITH EACH OTHER :O
oh well...
Old May 30th, 2013 (04:14 PM).

HAHAHAHA! just like I imagined it Sunfished , cant blame that Munchlax id probably take a bite too. Anyway nice coloring on your fakemons, you're getting better and better everyday man.
Old May 30th, 2013 (04:28 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
HAHAHAHA! just like I imagined it Sunfished , cant blame that Munchlax id probably take a bite too. Anyway nice coloring on your fakemons, you're getting better and better everyday man.
Aww, thanks!
I actually had alot of your pictures in another window ever since I shaded the Ghost Eevee, just for reference on lighting and shading :D
Old May 30th, 2013 (05:42 PM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Alexial357:
I'm so sorry Golurk, I put in filler information until I had time to insert yours and I totally forgot. u_u; Yeah no, all of the stuff that I put in wasn't supposed to be permanent at all, that's why it's pretty much as basic as it gets.
Ahh I feel bad now :( I should have realized it was just filler stuff. Sorry for being so harsh, it's been a long day >_>

Also, I like the moles sunfished! And lol that munchlax omg. As for the candy design, I like the way it's heading, but I feel like it shouldn't become wizardish since we have the wizard penguin already. Whichever direction it's taken, though, I'm sure I'll like! :3
Old May 30th, 2013 (06:45 PM).
queen bitch
ModeratorCS

Oh hun, don't fret at all! I'm glad you brought it up cause, otherwise, I probably never would have gotten around to doing it. .____.;

Omg Sunny dat Munchlax xDD That absolutely killed me. Like, I laughed at that waaayyy harder than I should have. Also, I'm going to take a crack at spriting your Ghost Eevee. I'm... not having a good time with the Dragon Eevee. ;;

So yeah, stats / name on the mole would be cool (unless I missed them). Oh, and Sunny, are your blue three-headed dragons pseudo-legends or just dragons?
Old May 30th, 2013 (07:07 PM). Edited May 30th, 2013 by Sunfished.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

hehe

@Alexial
The moles had their info from the page before, but I'll grab it for you.
And go right ahead at spriting! I have NO skills at spriting at all, and actually encourage anyone to have a crack at some of my stuff.

[INFO]
Names: Pebbole -> Moulder
Types: Rock/Ground, or just pure Rock
Abilities: Rock Head,(maybe Battle Armor?)
Delicious Text:

1 - Pebbole, while initially reluctant at first, tend to the needs of its owner in a mutual relationship. They usually require a form of pay in return for their work.

2 - Deep in underground caves, Moulder can be seen directing traffic in tunnel systems for Ground Pokemon. In the most likely situations, they can also be seen assisting traffic guards on the surface.

@Golurk
Oh, and that candy Fake I made isn't meant to exist, Golurk
It was made as an example for Jet's question.

@Jet
Unless you don't want to, may you consider letting me revise your candy Fakes?
I promise to stick with your ideas to an extent, since your first 2 stages need a little more "thought", but your final stage remaining largely untouched, since it looks too delicious for major tasting :D
Old May 30th, 2013 (09:13 PM).

Im FINALLY done with the Poseidon Legendary, I still dont have a name or stats for it but ill think about something and add it tomorrow, suggestions are welcomed.

Spoiler:

If you guys like the design and want me to keep doing more Legendaries, Ill gladly do them. Well I'm going to sleep now, so tired.
Old May 30th, 2013 (11:21 PM).

Wow that looks Amazing! Also Beef the main body is made of a lemon bonbon so it's got a yellow body and also the bottom ring needs to be yellow as well!!
Old May 31st, 2013 (02:41 AM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
@BeefTaco - In my opinion, I think I'd rather see that dark grey be a navy blue, or something similar. Other than that, I love the design! :3

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something; Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us."

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Old May 31st, 2013 (02:49 AM).

I am going to work on a legendary myself the Zeus one
Old May 31st, 2013 (06:09 AM). Edited May 31st, 2013 by BeefTaco.

Sure thing Namuzami, I'll try a different body color. I was going to use navy blue but it resembled Dialga to much, I'll give it a try anyway. Also while I was looking throught some of the posts in this thread someone mentioned Titans and that gave me an idea for a way I can do 3 Legendary without interfering with the already existing Primary Legendaries, I'll make this 3 different Legenderaies based on Titans this one will be based on Oceanus, one on Cronos and the last one on Typhoon.

EDIT: So I change the body colors like Nakuzami requested, its not as similar to Dialga as I thought so Im choosing this color

Spoiler:

Name: Ocendra
Type: Water
Classification: The Sea Titan Pokemon

Special Abilities
Pressure: The Pokémon raises the foe’s PP usage.
Multiscale: When this Pokémon is at full HP, damage is lessened.

Ill be starting work on the other titans. Also I think it would be awesome if somebody did a a Region map, I pick Alexial since hes the best artist here.
Old May 31st, 2013 (07:04 AM).

hey Beef did you take into account my colors for the final evolution of the candy pokemon
Old May 31st, 2013 (07:49 AM). Edited May 31st, 2013 by BeefTaco.

Yes I did, gonna work on the right now

EDIT

Done Jetstream, I changed some things but I kept the design mostly similar

Old May 31st, 2013 (12:05 PM).

Why did you change my design??
Old May 31st, 2013 (12:27 PM).
I'm not going home...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Jetstream9777:
Why did you change my design??
The only difference is the fact that two lumps are missing and that the two discs at the bottom are spaced further apart. It's not much of a redesign, in my opinion.

It is a community project; others will suggest and make changes as they see fit. It's all for the feedback. If you think the design is straying too far, you need only say so and I'm sure everyone would be happy to return it to its original state.

@BeefTaco - Well, if someone is to do a Region map, shall we not discuss the geography of the region first? Or should someone just make it up on the spot? (Based around Greece or Rome, of course.)
I can do a map. I mean HGSS style, not some detailed one like that of Unova.

Also, I started to outline Golurk's Badger pokemon for coloring. I'll post something later if I finish it. Ah, the first outline is slightly awkward, but I think I can fix it! xD
I'll also try and color Teurrorox. I still need to work on some flavor text for all of my pokemon, lol. I'll try to stop designing new pokemon and focus on detailing my old ones.
I did draw a normal-type Eeveelution, though. I'll try and get a picture of it up later.

Also, didn't someone mention they were going to draw the counterpart to Teurrorox? I think it was Golurk. :x

And, Alexial, I think we need a sprite for Beef's epic legendary!
What are we going to call it, by the way? And what is its role as a legendary? Kyogre and Lugia are already guardians of the sea, so this will have to fill a slightly different role.

"In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something; Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us."

~Lara Croft,
Tomb Raider
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)