The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
Alexial@ Haha thanks a bunch, I had to do a lot of thinking but for some reason the idea just popped up in my head last night.

Sunfished@ I do like my design but I don't see a problem making a more "Kung Fooey" alternate, ill post that one as well and see which one you guys like more. Also you forgot to tell me what name you like more

Ooops@ How about Vervian for name? Verdant+Avian
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
-Oops
um no

Here's a pre-evo.

Name : ???
Type : Grass/Flying
Classification : The flower bird Pokemon.

Last edited by -Oops; June 2nd, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
BeefTaco

Thats cute little bird Oops, these 2 pokemon will be a nice addition to our community dex. It would be great if you could add addition information to your pokemon like names, type, classification; these things are to make the community dex more organized and complete. If you need help adding this things other people will help ya out no problem. Also I wanna see what you come up with next.

I just realized I have enough free time to create another pokemon today, woot!
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
@BeefTaco
I like Strifeon :D
"Strikeon" doesn't roll off the tongue as well

@-Oops
Looks great as a pre-evo!
And if you don't want to shade that beauty, can I give it a shot?

EDIT:
woah, 4 peeps viewing AT THE SAME TIME :O
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
-Oops
um no

@ Beeftaco
I'll go ahead and add the info in a minute.

@Sunfished
Go ahead! I don't think I'll be shading any of my works. xD

Also, some thunder goat?
Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hey -Oops!
I couldn't do as much since this was a shrunken version, but I tried my best anyways :D
Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Fairy

Well, I can say with emphatic certainty that what we needed in our pokedex was more Thunder Goat. ;)

lmao awesome designs for sure! Keep 'em coming~

And Beefy, are you going to keep playing around with Strifeon's design? Let me know cause I'll sprite whichever you choose (when I'm done with the sea dragon that is.. which is close! Just adding the blue / shadows / highlights).

Also, Sunny, I love the shading. :)
fairy clubac:nl clubpokemon fae

Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
BeefTaco

Ill probably post the alternate in an hour and Im eager to see the finished sprite version of the Legendary, Im sure it will look awesome
Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh, I might as well "donate" a fake I was planning to use, but ever since Pancham was announced, might as well use it here :L

Sorry for the largeness.
If no one objects for the use of this guy, I'll split it up into 4 Fakes:
2 Pandas and the 2 clouds
The pandas can fit into alot of types, so we can use him to fill in missing slots. The clouds are Electric types, but if we're lacking flying mons we can add in the Flying type to it too.

If we do add these guys, I'll elaborate on their backstory stuff
Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
-Oops
um no

@ Sunfished
That's pretty awesome!

Also, another design. Some weird ghost pokemon.

That was based off of this.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
BeefTaco

Okay heres the more Kung Fu based alternate of Strifeon(this will be the official name), I put the 2 versions side by side so you guys can choose which one you like best. For the alternate I added a yang symbol in the black headband and gave it tiger stripes since its an animal style that is used in Kung Fu.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
Okay heres the more Kung Fu based alternate of Strifeon(this will be the official name), I put the 2 versions side by side so you guys can choose which one you like best. For the alternate I added a yang symbol in the black headband and gave it tiger stripes since its an animal style that is used in Kung Fu.

YES! PERFECT!
The one on the left was kind of lacking a bit, but the tiger stripes definitely gave it more "flair".
And, the stripes can also be scars or something, from fighting and whatnot :D

All-in-all, the second one has my vote!
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
BeefTaco

Thanks for voting Sunfished, I still like the previous one because I like simpler designs overall. Still the second one look good as well so either one of these will do really. After a few more votes Ill choose the one with more votes.

Also what did that poor cloud do to deserve such a life.

Oops@ Its that a jetpack on its back 0_o, hehe its goofy looking I like it
Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I like the second one, as well.

Oof. I've been busy, but I'll still attempt to post at least a sketch tonight. Attempt. x;
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Fairy

:') I'm so proud of you guys.

I'll be posting the legendary fakemon tonight~ Provided my power doesn't go out from a thunderstorm. :x

Honestly, I like Oops's Ghost thing. It's like... very Cofagrigus, you know? Got the same.. I don't know what to call it.. lines? I don't know, you guys know what I mean.

edit : and look at that, it's done. c:

I got the color pallet fixed up, although I kept the eyes/forehead/antenna thing a lighter blue. Anything else and it just faded into the pokemon, and those particular characteristics really need to stand out. Anyway, I got the lighting down (made a few changes to make it more consistent) and there ya go. :) I'll start working on spriting the Fighting type Eevee next.

Last edited by Fairy; June 2nd, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
BeefTaco

That is AWESOME!! Your really outdid yourself Alexial it looks absolutely perfect :D. Ill start the next Legendary in a few days. Also its seems people really like the second Strifeon so thats the one I choose ^ __ ^.

Anyway heres my new design guys, my little cousin wanted me to create a pokemon for him and he wanted it to be a blue fox so I came up with this. Its an Ice Fox, its suppose to represent the masculine counterpart to Vulpix so it will have an evolution also.

Name: Frox
Type: Ice
Classification: Ice Fox Pokemon

Special Abilities
Snow Cloak: Raises evasion in a hailstorm.
Snow Warning: The Pokémon summons a hailstorm in battle.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:51 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Aww, that fox is adorable!

I wish I had a brother like yours, because whenever I ask my brother to think of a Fake to design, he comes up with this...

He told me it was mochi or something
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
BeefTaco

It was my cousin not my brothers, they don't really like pokemon but still they appreciate my designs.

Well thats a design brimming with originality ill tell you that lol.

Last edited by BeefTaco; June 3rd, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Well, I've been feeling better for awhile now, and was gonna draw some designs that'd flown through my head while I was sick as soon as I finished finals last week, but my tablet's not being very cooperative >w> I have something I absolutely HAVE to get done today though, so I'll be working on getting that fixed -w-'

Beef- I definitely like the second one more. Stripes are cool~

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
None yet, but Fargona is soon to come!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mr. Mammoth
One cool snowman

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

I'll kick this off with an idea that I sketched up really quick. Terribly sorry for the phone quality and that I haven't embedded it because it looks like absolute crap if I do that, so I hope it's not too bad to follow the link, or?

http://i.imgur.com/VFXnnsM.png

It's a Pokémon based on Pandora's Box! I haven't figured out a name or a type, yet, but I thought of it being the "Knowledgable" Pokémon and its Pokédex entry stating that it can grant a lot of knowledge to whomever opens it. Also, because Pandora herself was said to be the first woman on Earth in classic greek mythology, I thought that I could make an evolution which references the apple of knowledge from the Bible since Eve was the one getting tricked into eating it by the snake. Any thoughts on this? Any improvements that I should make to the design?
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
BeefTaco

Fortworth@ welcome back, I'll be waiting to see what designs you create.

Mr. Mammoth@ Clever design, to me it looks like some type of Ghost pokemon, since its a Knowledgable pokemon as you say Ghost/Psychic could fit since Psychic pokemon are usually the smartest. Also the evolution does sound like an interesting idea.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Hey guys! Long time since I was here. I had my graduation and some parties and they realy messed my schedule so I havent been able to be here so often.
Ill try to catch up on what you guys have invented and made etc etc. I still have some personal matters to solve and etc so Im not going to be online as much as I once were. Although I try to be here atleast once in few days. :D Haha. Anyways from what I see from these pictures you guys have been REALY productive! So good job guys! It makes me very happy to see this thread so alive! ::D

Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
BeefTaco

Hello KriegStein we never got to meet but ive seen some of your earlier post and you got some great ideas for designs, all in all is good to have you back.

Guys I tweaked the Strifeon design a little, I removed the yang symbol it just didnt resonate for me and the stripes are enough, I hope thats ok.

Spoiler:
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Fairy

omg Sunny dat mochi xDDD (anyone else actually kinda really like that design? :o it's just silly enough to totally qualify as a fakemon. I mean, I can't imagine that Trubbish was a serious pokemon when that thing was first created).

@ Fort : YOU'RE BACK YAAYY <3 Take your time though, okay? Don't rush yourself into performing before you're ready. Like I told you before, you're already a contributor. :)

@ Beefy : Okay, we have "unconventional" pokemon, to say the least. I want you to come up with a new evolution stone. I don't care what type it effects, but something that can make your fox-vulpix-counterpart work. An ice stone, let's say. Only more creative. I leave that in your hands. :)

@ Mamoswine (yes, Mr. Mammoth, this is you) : It's like if Cofagrigus got infinitely more awesome. >_>; I love it. Definitely says Ghost type to me. I think, if anything, it needs more.. height. You know? Make the hands bigger and more opposing (again, think Cofagrigus). And color. Color always helps!

KRIEG lol it's okay. It's that time of year for everyone. I was expecting this project to slow down around now anyway, so I was surprised to see how much momentum it's gathered. :D

I'll be updating the first post today with everyone's designs. I'll also be consolidating your individual assignments into group assignments also. Cause, really, ya'll don't need to be told what to do. Oops, Mamoswine, you guys are officially contributors. :) Welcome to the team <3

Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
BeefTaco

Uh sure thing Alex, I totally forgot that Vulpix evolved with a Fire Stone. Anyway Ill see what I can do.

EDIT:

so here its the Evolution Stone you asked Alex. I did it in sprite so it can match the other stones size. Sorry its so small but thats the actual size.

Item Name: Hail Stone
Item Type: Evolutionary

When I make Frox's evolution ill add it

If guys don't like it I can make another one

EDIT:

Heres a second one just in case

Item Name: Aurora Stone
Item Type: Evolutionary

Last edited by BeefTaco; June 3rd, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links