The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Well, I've just been kind of lurking in this thread for the last two days, so welcome to the new/returning guys and . . . one combined compliment to all of the new designs, lol. I don't really feel like going through and commenting on each one right now, sorry. >.>;

Anyways, here are the colored badger pokemon. They're not shaded or anything, but . . . yeah, here, lol. I'll see if I can take some pictures of any new designs I might have later, or tomorrow, or whatever. xD
Spoiler:
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:29 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Finally getting around to post this. It's several hours before I normally would get up, so I have some free time haha.

Spoiler:

Just concept art. Poor concept art. I'll draw its sprite later, after the design is complete.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Jetstream9777

All these look awesome I am gonna post my Cyber dragon design later
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Some rough pictures of a few recent sketches:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

A Fire/Flying pegasus evo of Ponyta.
Spoiler:

Normal-type Eeveelution. I kind of screwed up on it, but it should look a bit like a larger form of Eevee, lol.
Spoiler:

This one I'm not even sure qualifies to be a pokemon. It's odd. It's based on the Oracle at Delphi, and it's name is either Delfet or Delcrofet. I'm not sure which name to go with, lol.
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
Those look great guys!
I might as well post my fish, which I guess can be the generic water type:

:D
His evo will be HUGE spaceship, with large bubbles sticking to his body that act as places where human beings can ride "on" him.

School is almost OVER!! :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by Sunfished; June 4th, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys sorry I haven't been posting any designs, this past 2 days have been rough to say the least Ill start posting my new designs soon.
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Fairy
snappy

Yeah Beefy I'm with you. I've been so, so busy lately. This project has been going so far, so fast, I wouldn't want you guys to burn out. Take all the time you need. :)

Sunny! That fish <3 That thing is so adorable. Can't wait to see the colored version and the final evo. It reminds me of that fish from Kirby. n_n;

Naku, I like the normal Eevee evolution, but the proportions seem a little off. It's definitely a strong design, but I think it needs a bit of polish. Keep working on it and get back to us. :) As for the other drawings, I love them. The last one reminds me of the Kami trio, due to its more humanoid features. I definitely think it could qualify as a fakemon, for sure.
birthday; september 17th
star sign; virgo
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

:O
SOMEONE ELSE REMEMBERS KINE!
but yeah, it was designed in the vein from that fish from kirby :D

I also see that the project is kinda slow right now, but I'm gonna keep on pushing this guy, because I hate seeing things die right before my eyes ;___;

So, I'll be "donating" these guys:

I don't really care if we use them or not.
They were originally part of someone else's project that I drew for, but he scrapped the project and now these guys are just floating around with nothing else to do.
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Fairy
snappy

Woooo okay guys!

I finally got the time to get everything up, but I made a few changes that I will detail to you now. :)

First, I added all of the recent drawings. Everyone, please make sure all of your updated versions of your fakemons have been included.

Second, Mr. Mammoth, I have resized your drawing so it fits appropriately into the dex. I hope that's okay!

Third, I've closed the individual assignments. We'll use them again if stuff gets confusing.

Fourth, new section! "Pokedex Items"! So, if there are any new battle items, evolutionary stones, wild hold items, berries, anything that you would like to add.. there is now a section for it! :) So, I encourage you all to think critically about your past, current, and future designs. How do they evolve? What are their specialties in battle?

Fifth, The "Personal Pokemon" section is a continuation of Uncatalogued Pokemon, but will be separated when we have some more. Also, please go over the Uncatalogued section. I threw a few pokemon in there because, as far as I could tell, they were not listed with any names or types. Sunny, your recent fakemons ended up in there because we're not sure on whether or not to use them. If we do, I'll add them to the appropriate place. :)

Good job guys~
birthday; september 17th
star sign; virgo
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Well, my tablet still refuses to work properly, so I might not be able to do any digital art for awhile u_u However, I did doodle up a couple Fakemon in my sketchpad... I'm still playing around with the designs.

The body isn't suppose to be yellow. It's supposed to be green. The scan made the colors change e-e Same on its evolution.
Spoiler:

And its evolution. I'd have made the shell bigger, but I was tired of drawing flowers .w.' This would be a male. A female would have a pink flower on the head and tail instead of a blue one. Also, I wasn't sure which looked better on the shell: A variety of colors, or two alternating colors?
Spoiler:

Both are grass types, the evolution could be part poison. I haven't come up with names for either yet.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
None yet, but Fargona is soon to come!
Old June 6th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Hexhellfire

HI guys and girls!

This is an awsome thread! Its nice to see every1 putting their creative minds together.
Would it be ok if i had a crack at a contribution?
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Fairy
snappy

Hi there Hex!

I agree! It's been a long while since there was a successful Pokedex project on PC, and it's nice that our community of artists have put in so much incredible work and effort. We appreciate your comments, :) And we'd love it if you could contribute too! Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in, so please show us what fakemon you've got!

Welcome to PC, btw. :) I hope you're having lots of fun.
birthday; september 17th
star sign; virgo
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Jetstream9777

I think we should add s new type either Sound, Light or even Cyber
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Hexhellfire

Awsome thanks! Ive already got a good 1 on file that I did a couple of months back.

Ill see what I can come up with 4 new 1s

Let me know what you guys think of my drawing.

Thanks guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cerberment1.jpg‎ (490.7 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Hexhellfire; June 7th, 2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Hexhellfire

i quickly did these this morning. Let me know what you guys think?

Updated with hand coloured.

Last edited by Hexhellfire; June 7th, 2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

:O
OH MY GOSH, HEX
I LOVE THEM!
I'm guessing they're Electric/Ghost?

I knew your name sounded familiar!
You were in that contest WAY back earlier this year :D
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Jetstream9777

I am thinking that we should make a Light type
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Hexhellfire

Yeah I did enter that actually lol that was what I did the cerbrement character for lol

And yes they are ghost and electric type. I was toying with the idea of ghost and light type but it seemed like an odd mix
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ok, I fonally got around to coloring the penguin mages:

Umm, I guess I'll start splitting up the panda and cloud guys into separate entities

And regarding types, I think that this "fairy" type that was speculated is going to be "light" type for america. So in a sense, "fairy" and "light" are the same thing, the same logic that "dark" type for us is actually "devil/onii" type for japan.
And it would be awsome if sound and cyber are something we could use to design around, but in a way, both of them are too specific for requirements that other types can be used for.
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Jetstream9777

I have some a cyber type and not really that specific technology is your limit when it comes to cyber!!
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

oh yeah, I guess if you make "cyber" more into a technology-like type, then it would work.
I thought at first you meant cyber as in "data", because then it would kinda be too specific
I'm guessing this Cyber type is gonna be your cyber dragon then?
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

oh yeah, I guess if you make "cyber" more into a technology-like type, then it would work.
I thought at first you meant cyber as in "data", because then it would kinda be too specific
I'm guessing this Cyber type is gonna be your cyber dragon then?
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
I think we should wait for more news on X and Y before we decide to make a new type... Cyber seems like it would be pretty close to electric to me, anyways.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Fire Emblem: The Rift War (OOC) as Adina Maralyn
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
None yet, but Fargona is soon to come!
Old June 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

well, if you think about it, Umbreon was one of two new types introduced in it's generation, this being Steel and Dark. Espeon represented the sun, and Umbreon the moon.
Sylveon, if correct, would be this new type, while the other "counterpart" would be an existing type. If Sylveon looks as if it represents life(Fairy/Light), then its counterpart would/might represent death(Ghost) or artificial life(Cyber). But these are just my simpleton thoughts about implementing a new type.

Although your right that Cyber is kinda familiar, because it can either be Electric if your going with "data", and Steel if your going with "machines".

So, I guess we "should" avoid using types not confirmed yet, but you can still change the type when it "is" confirmed.
Old June 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Fairy
snappy

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Fort. I'm all for experimenting with the Fairy type, as it's existence seems pretty likely at this point... but until we have more information, I think we should hold off on adding new types. I'm not dismissing them completely, because it's still an awesome idea, but let's not rush into it right this second, okay? That shouldn't stop anyone from drawing these "new types" though. Just rebrand them for the time being. Jet, if you want your Cyber type, draw it. We'll call it Steel / Normal / Electric until we come to a reasonable conclusion.

Oh Hex... I smell a seasoned artist. :o I love them. I think Golurk made a Ghost/Electric type already, but I see no reason why we can't have both, tbh. Keep 'em coming please! :D

Those penguins looks amazing. <3 You are so strong with color Sunny. And yeah, if you could break up the Panda / Clouds that would be great. Right now they don't really seem like individual fakemons. Still an awesome piece though. n_n
birthday; september 17th
star sign; virgo
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links