Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Well, since Hoenn is kinda right that it is an Ice Type, I find no problem of applying a new form change to Frosslass. But then again, It does seem kinda random that Frosslass would get a form change

Anywho, I was thinking that since Frosslass is based on the Yuki-Onna, we can apply the season's forms into "festival forms". Like, the Summer form can be based on summer festivals, and the Spring Form based on spring festivities. Since Frosslass is already an Ice Type, we can assume that it would already be in Winter Form.

So:
Spring = Midori no Hi, Grass/Ghost
Summer = Tanabata,(Since it occurs at night and there's alot of lanterns) Fire/Ghost
Fall = Jidai,(In which people dress up as classic japanese figures, like samurais and stuff) Steel/Ghost?
Winter = original form

And I don't want Glalie to feel bad, so can we give him form changes or an evo?
He's in need of some love...
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Sorry I haven't been posting as much in here, I haven't had much time for drawing lately.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:51 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Well, since Hoenn is kinda right that it is an Ice Type, I find no problem of applying a new form change to Frosslass. But then again, It does seem kinda random that Frosslass would get a form change :P

Anywho, I was thinking that since Frosslass is based on the Yuki-Onna, we can apply the season's forms into "festival forms". Like, the Summer form can be based on summer festivals, and the Spring Form based on spring festivities. Since Frosslass is already an Ice Type, we can assume that it would already be in Winter Form.

So:
Spring = Midori no Hi, Grass/Ghost
Summer = Tanabata,(Since it occurs at night and there's alot of lanterns) Fire/Ghost
Fall = Jidai,(In which people dress up as classic japanese figures, like samurais and stuff) Steel/Ghost?
Winter = original form

And I don't want Glalie to feel bad, so can we give him form changes or an evo?
He's in need of some love...
God. This is the kind of complex thinking we need. Well, Frosslass can be considered the 'mother of ghosts' idol or something, so it should be fair that Glalie be a 'father of ghosts'. (Just a suggestione...)
This leads to giving them both new formes.

Anyway, I'd like to help out with some sprites. Can you tell me which all are not done yet.
~
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Fairy
スカイハイ

See, this is why I brought up the idea. :p I knew you guys could turn it into something beautiful. Mind if I take the Autumn forme?

Also, my sincerest apologies for my lack of activity here. I've been so, so busy and I kinda burned myself out with revamping the first page. I'm sure you guys understand. Expect me back n full swing soon though!

メガ レックウザ
pairbrothersmodtwingallerycredit
bell treepixel jointfairy clubacnl club
pokemon faefriend codedream addresshomestuck club
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:14 PM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
I apologize as well, I wouldn't say I'm busy tho. I'm on vacation so you guys can understand, Ill probably be back next month when I comeback from a trip. Enjoy your summer guys .
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:04 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
And also apology from me. (since that seems to be a theme here) I said id be more active but...heh... Certain things have kept me busy. Like my birthday. (and Skyrim legendary edition...I mean busy work schedule)
But since Im here I might as well ask. What is the situation here? I mean do we need ideas for fakemon or something more like ideas for development and next direction etc etc?

Old June 24th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well, I'm just pretty darn happy this project thing has the amount of awsome it has now :D

and I'll be taking the spring forme, and possibly the summer form as well if noone wants to otherwise.

And Glalie can be like Frosslass as well, and his round body is perfect for:
A chestnut for spring
A lantern for summer
and a floating samurai helmet for fall

I swear I'll make you cool again Glalie!
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

hey guys i made sprite 4 Knifish one of the water pkmn in the pokedex

also first time spriting this one so dont be too hard!!!

ps - if someone wants 2 make this 64 x 64 and palettised i will do it
~
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Just be careful cause we've already got a bug / dark type -- no reason we can't have two, I just wanted to inform you in case you didn't know!

Hoenn, I'm going to die if you keep being so amazing. <3 Incredible sprites, hun. Keep them coming!

And I'm loving the re-purposing of old Pokemon. I think Glalie is in desperate need for a revamp, so I totally support that.

Otherwise, Krieg, I think right now were at a place where fakemon designs are just thought of then added. n_n; In my opinion, we've filled out quota for the "Greek mythology" core. But, as always, we're open to any suggestion / direction you can come up with.

メガ レックウザ
Old June 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So many posts go on while I'm away- at this point, I probably don't know about half of the Fakemon. Okay, maybe a bit of an exaggeration haha.

Anyway.
Just a heads up that I won't be around. I've realized that I'm busy and don't contribute much anymore- and what I do contribute isn't really useable.
Feel free to do whatever you want with the Fakemon I've already posted. (:

o/ Good luck. Have fun.
I am in the process of leaving PC and IRC channels associated with it.
If you wish to contact me, this is my channel:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23SableyeCorner
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; June 25th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Aww, I'm sorry to see you go from this project, Slender. :( Well hopefully, at some point, you'll be less busy and able to contribute again. n_n; Since you have existing designs, you will still be included in the list of contributors.

Speaking of designs, guess what I cranked out today!

:]

メガ レックウザ
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Aww, I'm sorry to see you go from this project, Slender. :( Well hopefully, at some point, you'll be less busy and able to contribute again. n_n; Since you have existing designs, you will still be included in the list of contributors.

Speaking of designs, guess what I cranked out today!

:]
its awesome i love every aspect of it
i think u can add some flowery stuff on the temples, it make it look perfectt!!! i will start making a sprite rightaway!

ps - heres da sprite

once again im a beginnur so dont kill meeee
and i will make another sprite with that flowery stuff i was talking about for clarifickatione
pps - here is dat flowery thingy i was talking about

it is small but it make a lot of difference!!!!!!!!1!
~

Last edited by Elaitenstile; June 26th, 2013 at 03:01 AM. Reason: made a spryt
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Fairy
スカイハイ

omg Hoenn <3 you can really crank them out, can't you? I love them both.

I'm going to actually update the first post like I promised to before but never did later today possible tomorrow

メガ レックウザ
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

I suppose the 'beginner' thing was getting a bit old so yeah.

Uh I made a sprite of Aqualing hope you like!

ALEXIAL FINISH THAT WATER STARTER SECOND EVO I'M HUNGRY WITH THE DESIGN OF THIS ALBATROSS IT LOOKS SOOOOO LEGENDARILY PERFECT!!!!

Regarding a visual progress, can I/Alexial/Idontcarewhojustsomeone make a documentation on the implementation of new data such as new attacks, new abilities, new items etc.?

And also, I think this Pokédex Project should evolve into a community-made region or something, that with new features released in every aspect of a Pokémon game since that allows for more creativity and fun. Who's with me?

By the way, I'd like to see more pixel artists like a person known as LOW-GEE-DAN participate and emancipate the visualisation of this Dex/Region in a game type of a way.

Cheers~
~
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:36 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Sorry again for my lack of contribution but it will be a while before I can give you any more artwork to work with. I'll try to drop a design in every now and then though.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
I suppose the 'beginner' thing was getting a bit old so yeah.

Uh I made a sprite of Aqualing hope you like!

ALEXIAL FINISH THAT WATER STARTER SECOND EVO I'M HUNGRY WITH THE DESIGN OF THIS ALBATROSS IT LOOKS SOOOOO LEGENDARILY PERFECT!!!!

Regarding a visual progress, can I/Alexial/Idontcarewhojustsomeone make a documentation on the implementation of new data such as new attacks, new abilities, new items etc.?

And also, I think this Pokédex Project should evolve into a community-made region or something, that with new features released in every aspect of a Pokémon game since that allows for more creativity and fun. Who's with me?

By the way, I'd like to see more pixel artists like a person known as LOW-GEE-DAN participate and emancipate the visualisation of this Dex/Region in a game type of a way.

Cheers~
I'll get to the Water starter when I get to it. :p lol

I'm not sure what you mean about the new abilities/attacks and whatnot. So far, all new items have their own section under uncatalogued Pokemon, and any new abilities that are listed have a description area designated under the said ability. My plan was (when we amassed a viable amount -- as we only have two or three) to quick link any new abilities to a specific spot on the main page, where details on what the ability / new attack does and how it would effect game play could be displayed. But again, since we only have a handful, I didn't see it necessary to write up the coding for it so soon. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. In which case, I'm probably all for your idea! xD

Shhhh. I have plan for this project that you guys don't yet know. ;] That's sorta been my objective the whole time, but it's supposed to be a surprise. So hush you.

ANNNDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan
you're doing an awesome job with the pokedex project, Jo. <3
I still feel like spriting for it.
Interest has been expressed. There's no promises, of course, but Logie is well aware of the project and will contribute when he has the time. :]

Oh, and Hoenn, you've been added to the list of contributors. n_n;

メガ レックウザ
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegStein View Post
(and Skyrim legendary edition...I mean busy work schedule)
This.

And the fact that I don't have computer access at my dad's house, which is where I spend ninety percent of my summer.

Aaaaah, I'll see what I can do to get some new designs up.

I do adore that Autumn Froslass, though. An interesting take on the pokemon. Keep it up. ;3
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegStein
(and Skyrim legendary edition...I mean busy work schedule)
This.
Oh god I know me too :x

But anyway kids, the first post has been updated with everything! Please make sure all of your designs / sprites got up there!

メガ レックウザ
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Quote:
I'll get to the Water starter when I get to it. :p lol

I'm not sure what you mean about the new abilities/attacks and whatnot. So far, all new items have their own section under uncatalogued Pokemon, and any new abilities that are listed have a description area designated under the said ability. My plan was (when we amassed a viable amount -- as we only have two or three) to quick link any new abilities to a specific spot on the main page, where details on what the ability / new attack does and how it would effect game play could be displayed. But again, since we only have a handful, I didn't see it necessary to write up the coding for it so soon. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. In which case, I'm probably all for your idea! xD

Shhhh. I have plan for this project that you guys don't yet know. ;] That's sorta been my objective the whole time, but it's supposed to be a surprise. So hush you.

ANNNDDD

Interest has been expressed. There's no promises, of course, but Logie is well aware of the project and will contribute when he has the time. :]

Oh, and Hoenn, you've been added to the list of contributors. n_n;
Uh, thanks, I guess!
And yes that's what I meant, a quick link to a catalogued area of abilities, items and moves.

But I think you're right, since we only have a few there's no need for much specification.

But but... My lips are sealed.

And new contributione I'd like to just put up:

Name : Yield Ball
Categorisation : Pokéball (items)
Flavour Text : A type of Pokéball that works better on Pokémon holding items.
In-Depth-Effect : Capture rate in ratio to Pokéball is 1.5 : 1, if the foe has a hold item it becomes 3.5 : 1.

PS - I'm gonna be busy too, come to think of it. Skyrim legendary edition zomg.

I'm gonna claim this guy and his evolutions for sprites, just to notify if someone is planning to.
~
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Alrighty then I'm back from vacation, and although I got burned, it was fun. As my first contribution in over a week, here is sprite art (no battle sprites for me, I'm not very good at them) of -Oops ghost...thingy? I dunno, I don't think it ever got a name :/

Spoiler:
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:32 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Alright... My computer just signed itself out...it wont start up properly (it crashes at loading screen) and blah... So Ive had time to check things here again via mobile. Ive been looking at the fakemon and I see some types are realy under developed... We have next to none fire (and few other) fakemon. Also Im pretty sure the mythology part is filled more than enough. So Im thinking about the next direction. Maybe pokemon related to certain locations etc. Although this would maybe require more region typed planning. Hmm...what else... Ill update more when my thoughts gather... :D

Old June 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Fairy
スカイハイ

I like the idea of adding more fire types. n_n; It seems to me that our direction has gone more from "developing" to "completing" though. Not completion of the dex, mind you, but filling in all the unfinished sprites / information for each fakemon.

Cleaning house, so to speak.

メガ レックウザ
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Quote:
I like the idea of adding more fire types. n_n; It seems to me that our direction has gone more from "developing" to "completing" though. Not completion of the dex, mind you, but filling in all the unfinished sprites / information for each fakemon.

Cleaning house, so to speak.
I don't know why, but I do think the fire type starter needs a bit of a cleanup. See, it looks like a type of a 'mischevious' bittersweet starter who is cute but a miscreant, and evolves into a rather sinister prankster Pokémon. The problem I have is... suppose you are starting out on a journey and picked this guy as a starter. He's the only Pokémon you can trust, and your oldest friend, would you like it if he constantly betrays this trust in small ways? A starter should grow up to be a respectable, lovable, honourable Pokémon. Which is why Game Freak has avoided Dark and Ghost types until now.

I suppose we could have a new design and let this guy be a usual fire-type in the game (Golurk's design of him looks awesome!). Who's with me?
~
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Mm.. I suppose we should ask Golurk.

Personally, I don't see any problem with a "non-canon" Pokemon as a starter. I mean, we're not exactly going for the most authentic pokedex on earth. xD But still, I hear what you're saying and that definitely should be taken into consideration. Then again, one could always argue that a trainer's decision in starter pokemon depends on their personality-- in which case a mischievous, borderline devilish pokemon may suit some very well. ;)

But in all seriousness, I think a lot of the first sketches that were submitted into the project need redrawing (I know a few of mine that are dying to actually be done correctly ._____.). So if Golurk is feeling up to it, maybe he can doodle up something that fits better into the "theme".

Also, I'm going to update the first post tomorrow. :) I'm going to go ahead and use Hoenn's idea for the unique abilities / attacks, so they will have their own section under Items/Uncatalogued. Everyone remember to make sure that your sketches and information is exactly the way you want it to be. It will take me a bit of time though because I'm going to quick link them, so be patient with me! n_n;

Working on a new fire type now. It's sort of going to be the "Magmar" of the dex. xD

メガ レックウザ
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh, I was about to do somehting on the line of that as well

And I'm giving up on the Froslass thing, but I do have the grass one sketched out. I'll upload it later today.

And since everyone decided to do sprites, I tried doing it myself:

Someone said 64x64, so I think that's what size it is right? This is also my first time spriting something. You can tell by all the awkward things going on in the sprite :D

Oh, and what other types are we missing? I want to attempt a Fire type, but I'll see what you come up with first so ours don't conflict
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here