The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:56 AM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I was gonna have a few fakemon ready by today but, I seem to have lost my erasers :/. Ive looked for them everywhere but I can seem to find them. I thought since is gonna be a while since I buy new ones I might as well fill ya in on what I'm working on.

First I was working on my second legendary, I was already half way done with it but I messed up the drawing and I have to start all over again. I'm constantly changing how this legendary will look but things I'm certain I wont change its that its lower half its a giant wheel with an ancient look to it, its upper body its slightly humanoid and I will use dark red to color its body. The other fakemon im working on is what I told you guys the other day was the ditto of this generation, I did say it was gonna be a surprise but what the hell is gonna be a while till I finish the drawings.

The theme of the drawing its based on Toys, basically the fakemon is gonna be able to change into 3 forms that resemble toys. The first form will look like a small robot, it will be Steel type. The second form will be a tank/boat(boat with a cannon) and it will be Water type. The last form will be a ufo(flying saucer) and it will be Flying type. The special ability its what makes this fakemon unique, its called Morpher, this ability allows the pokemon to change form based on what type of move it uses. Theres only 3 type of moves that makes the pokemon change form, Steel type moves transforms into the Robot form, Water type moves transforms into the Tank/Boat form and Flying type moves transforms into the UFO form. Also each form has its own stat distribution, for now the only stat that I know are affected are: Robot form(Attack) Tank/Boat(Sp. Attack) UFO(Speed). I haven't design the fakemon yet but with this in mind you guys can have a basic idea of what I'm doing.

You guys are free to give me advice on what I should do with these two fakemon. Also if some of the things I'm doing are done already please tell me, sometimes I get so caught up in my design I forget if somebody did it already.

In another note, you guys have any idea what the region its gonna be called?
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Fairy
loves you

Those ideas seem pretty solid, Beefy. As for the region name... I don't think we've settled on anything. Perhaps something related to Greece? Troenn? Like Troy + Hoenn maybe? Idk. xD
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Jetstream9777

Hey guys I'm back for good now By the way I think the region should be called Zathen region (Zeus + Athens) or even Zathens
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:11 AM
pridekitty
A Kitty

Nature: Quiet
I like Zathens, it's a good name.

My Shinies:
Quagsire M (Whoopie)
Corsola F (Coral)
Clauncher M (Dr. Zoidberg)
Yanma M (Blue Buzz)
Magikarp F (Goldy)
Goldeen M (Neptune)
Poliwhirl F (Polly)

Yes, I am aware that five of them are fishing shinies and that all of them have stupid nicknames.
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Why don't we shortlist all the names and take a poll on the first post?

Right now, we have:

Zathen
Zathens
Troenn

I would like to suggest...
Trekos Region?
Tr - Troy
re - Greece
and kos because many Greek words/names ended with "os", and k fits with it.

Buuuut I would like someone to suggest a region name that's an anagram for a meaningful word. Come on guys, get to work!

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Wobbu
Imaginary Friend

I was lurking and thought of this:
καλός (Kalos)
ομορφιά (Omorfia)
It means beauty (at least I think it does).
Could be changed to Omorphia or shortened to Omorphi.
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:59 AM
BeefTaco

Ill leave the naming to you guys, that has never been my strong suit. I'm finally gonna be able to start drawing today, the thread has been lacking new designs lately so I'm gonna tried to motivate people to start drawing.
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
I came up with a few possible names for the region, but I like Trekos and Omorfia more. Regardless, I'll still post them xD

Arteth (joint - people). Since ya know, it's a community project.
Rozu (animal- country). Pokemon are animals, kind of. They live in specific regions, parts, or countries of the world. Yep.

Also,
Ugwahhh! Not Alexial's numbers :c
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
Also,
Ugwahhh! Not Alexial's numbers :c
don't worry I still <3 you guys, numberless or not.

Region count~! (I removed mine cause it's silly. Also Zathen/s are the same so I consolidated them).

1.) Zathens
2.) Trekos
3.) ομορφιά
4.) Arteth
5.) Rozu

I like 1 and 4, personally.
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
Hey guys, it turns out I'm somehow stuck in an extended vacation in another state :L

but, I've still been here, and like Beef said, I'm gonna try to do some drawing, albeit it's not gonna be scanned.

Also, I thought of a neat name for the region too :D
How about Heiryl?
It has the word Heir, like to become king or something, since Greece is known for its mythology of kings and gods and junk.
the RYL bit is also a shorten version of Royal.
It's also pronounced as Air-Rill, which can be read as a "Stream in the Air".
EDIT:
after some hauntings of the word in my head, the word sounds alot like "aerial", and if pronounced even weirder, it can have the first 2 syllables sound like "Hera", which is a Greek god of the sky I think.

Last edited by Sunfished; August 5th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Jetstream9777

I think that we should put up a pole then people can decide
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
BeefTaco

Man I really can't seem to sit down and draw these days, I did a little sketching yesterday but I just lose interest too fast. I have a lot of designs I have to do but I just wished they would draw themselves you know. Ill figure something to do instead of drawing until I gain my interest in sketching again.

EDIT:

OK GUYS I finally did some designs, hope you like them .

Spoiler:

Name: Shynite

Type: Electric

Ability:

-Illuminate, Volt Absorb

Classification: Nightlight Pokemon

Info: Shynite are very beloved pokemon because when theres a blackout they have enough energy to light up a town for a whole week.

Spoiler:

Name: Bulbright-Stage 2 Evolution

Ability:

-Illuminate, Volt Absorb

Classification: Light bulb Pokemon

Info: Bulbright usually travel in groups, their yearly migrations are a real spectacle seen from the sky.

Spoiler:

(ignore the Voltorb lol)

Name: Elecnium-Stage 3 Evolution

Type: Electric / Psychic

Ability:

-Volt Absorb, Analytic

Classification: Electrokenisis Pokemon

Info: Elecnium are incredibly intelligent pokemon that can convert electricity into psychic waves.

Spoiler:

(this is the first form of the morphing pokemon I talk to you guys about the other day)

Name: ??? (haven't decided name)

Type: Steel

Ability:

-*Morpher: This pokemon changes form when using certain move types.

Classification: Morphing Pokemon

Info: This Pokemon's amazing adaptability has amazed scientist for decades, not much is know of this pokemon but its speculated that it has never shown its true form.

Spoiler:

Name: Gloomask

Type: Fairy / Dark

Ability:

-Prankster

-*Mythic Awe: Theres a chance to confuse the opponent when successfully landing an attack.

Classification: Faceless Pokemon

Info: Gloomask are mythical pokemon who have no faces, they craft and wear these leaf masks to imitate other pokemon and appear more friendly to humans, although they are quite mischievous.

These fakemon where really fun to make, so I probably will be making more in the next few days. If you guys have anything to say about these designs please do.

Last edited by BeefTaco; August 10th, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Hey, with the reveal of Mega Pokemon...will we be adding them as well?
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Hoenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
Man I really can't seem to sit down and draw these days, I did a little sketching yesterday but I just lose interest too fast. I have a lot of designs I have to do but I just wished they would draw themselves you know. Ill figure something to do instead of drawing until I gain my interest in sketching again.

EDIT:

OK GUYS I finally did some designs, hope you like them :).

Spoiler:

Name: Shynite

Ability:

-Illuminate, Volt Absorb

Classification: Nightlight Pokemon

Info: Shynite are very beloved pokemon because when theres a blackout they have enough energy to light up a town for a whole week.

Spoiler:

Name: Bulbright-Stage 2 Evolution

Ability:

-Illuminate, Volt Absorb

Classification: Light bulb Pokemon

Info: Bulbright usually travel in groups, their yearly migrations are a real spectacle seen from the sky.

Spoiler:

(ignore the Voltorb lol)

Name: Elecnium-Stage 3 Evolution

Type: Electric / Psychic

Ability:

-Volt Absorb, Analytic

Classification: Electrokenisis Pokemon

Info: Elecnium are incredibly intelligent pokemon that can convert electricity into psychic waves.

Spoiler:

(this is the first form of the morphing pokemon I talk to you guys about the other day)

Name: ??? (haven't decided name)

Type: Steel

Ability:

-*Morpher: This pokemon changes form when using certain move types.

Classification: Morphing Pokemon

Info: This Pokemon's amazing adaptability has amazed scientist for decades, not much is know of this pokemon but its speculated that it has never shown its true form.

Spoiler:

Name: Gloomask

Type: Fairy / Dark

Ability:

-Prankster

-*Mythic Awe: Theres a chance to confuse the opponent when successfully landing an attack.

Classification: Faceless Pokemon

Info: Gloomask are mythical pokemon who have no faces, they craft and wear these leaf masks to imitate other pokemon and appear more friendly to humans, although they are quite mischievous.

These fakemon where really fun to make, so I probably will be making more in the next few days. If you guys have anything to say about these designs please do.
Those are nice designs mate. I'd really like to see these in the first post that being heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Hey, with the reveal of Mega Pokemon...will we be adding them as well?
Possible. I'm not sure about the whole idea rn, since I shut off from X & Y, to avoid spoilers...

I think these coming days were more than enough for people to put up their Region Name suggestions, I think we can add this to the first post poll right now.

So... Alexial, can you please put up these names in the first post as a poll?

Old August 11th, 2013, 08:51 AM
BeefTaco

XanderO@ I think we should wait a little until we get more information on how this whole Mega Pokemon thing works and how many pokemon are gonna get this form in X/Y. This is so we don't go overboard with the Mega evolutions if in case is a really exclusive thing in X/Y where only around 10 pokemon can Mega-Evolve.

I am trying to fight the urge to design a MegaScizor tho or even a MegaElectrode *_*

Hoenn@ Thanks a lot man, appreciate it. Regarding the name I also agree we should have a vote right now before the idea kinda gets lost in the thread and we never pick a name. My vote for the name would be the one Sunfished came up with, Heiryl. It just has a nice ring to it imo.
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM
sonicfan7895
Sprite Inserter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Yahoo to sonicfan7895 Send a message via Skype™ to sonicfan7895
Name: Wereyena
Etymology: Werewolf + Mightyena
Species: Mightyena evolves either with maximum happiness during the night,
a Moon Stone, at Level 43, or when traded with Golbat
Class: Ferocious or Werewolf (Whichever is less obvious)
Type/s: Dark/Fighting
Pokédex Entry
: This Pokemon was first discovered in Egyptian times;
it's been known there as "Anubia".
Ability/ies: Technician/Guts
Description:
A bipedal Mightyena, with a big bushy tail behind it,
and silver fur on the belly, chest, forearms and facial regions. Also,
it weighs about 95 kg, and is about 2.2 meters tall.

For a picture, search the name of this idea on Deviant Art, and look for the
Fakemon that looks like Mightyena.
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Fairy
loves you

Ack, sorry kids I've been busy. :(

I rather like Heiryl for the region name. Should I use the map that Scarf made or Hoenn are you going to make a more current-gen looking map (if that makes sense)?

Also, Beefy, do you want names for those fakemons? Or should I just put them in Uncatalogued for now? :)
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:26 PM
BeefTaco

They have names Alexial, is under the images lol. You can put the Red robot pokemon in uncatalogued section tho, I still don't have a name for it.
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Fairy
loves you

I guess I missed that part lol. Take it as a testament to how off of my game I am. xD

I'm going to do a big 'ol update sometime tomorrow and travel back oh-so-many pages ago to get all the stragglers that didn't make it into the first posts.
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
BeefTaco

Don't put up the Steel / Poison type I did before, that didn't come out to great so I'm gonna try to redesign it.

sonicfan@ hey there and welcome. I have to ask is that a design you want us to draw or is it already done?
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
Beef, I would literally reserve a space on my team for that red robot, and name it Megazord :D

Anyway, I'm now officially back from (an extended) vacation, and have come up with alot of new ideas taken directly from my vacation! I'll have some drawings up later, since I have to set up my scanner again, but here's some info on them now:

Name: Compuny (community + puny, also company, as in "with people")
Classification: Community Pokemon
Ability: Moral Booster - Prevents it's partner in battle from losing it's Defense and Sp.Defense stats. This doesn't apply to the User however. (Because it isn't a community if it's just itself!)
Signature Move: Jubilize - The User charges it's hand with jolts of electricity, then gives itself or a partner a pat-on-the-back. The charge increases Sp.Attack and Speed by one stage.
Design wise, both ears and tail are "P" shaped. It stands for Pokecommunity Pokedex Project. The cheeks also are "C" shaped. It looks sorta like a bunny and a mouse.

Name: Crowgue (Crow + rogue)
Classification: Scoundrel Pokemon
Type: Dark/Flying
Ability: Same as the Pre-evo
Evolution: Necrow ->Lvl30 Crogue
It's body is very sleek, with the back part of it's head acting as the back of a hood. It's wings are shaped like scythes.

Name: Crabongo (crab + bongo)
Classification: Music Pokemon
Type: Water/Ground
Ability: Soundproof/Sturdy
Evolution: Crabongo ->Lvl35 Conchacha
It's like a tiny hermit crab, but it's hands are shaped like hammers. It's shell is spiral shaped, and it's antennae's are shaped like drumsticks with the puffy thing on top. It hits it's antennae on it's arms to make bongo noise.

Name: Conchacha (Conch + "chacha"
Classification: Party Pokemon
Type: Water/Ground
Ability: SoundProof/Sturdy
Evolution: Crabongo ->Lvl35 Conchacha
It is a huge hermit crab, with a slightly more spiny shell than Crabongo. It's claws when closed are stylized like marachas, and it's body is covered with zigzag designs. Otherwise, it's like a bigger version of Crabongo.
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:08 PM
BeefTaco

Haha, the robot was suppose to be small but it came up looking huge. Anyway welcome back man, hope you had a good vacation.

Your design are sounding pretty awesome Sunfished, I can't wait to see the hermit crabs lol.
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Hoenn

Let's use the region map Scarf made. Well, my map version isn't going to be any different from that since Scarf's idea is way better than what was mine imo.

One day we'll update it with larger versions (like zooming into the map)

I vote for Heiryl too! Half because it's the majority, and half because the name has been put a lot of thought into.

SUNFISHED CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE CONCHACHA BWAHWAHWAHA
that is, of course if we don't overflowing water types

And people, can you think of more unique type combinations? Ones that haven't been done before? I dare a person to make a Grass/Electric type! Or else I will eventually post up the idea myself...

Old August 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM
BeefTaco

Hoenn@ Well I had an idea for a Grass/Electric type a few weeks ago but I never actually got to do it. The theme of the design would be a Solar Plant, I just think it would be cool to have a Solar Plant actually be a plant and the energy it gathers from the sun turn it into electricity. The design would look like a Solar Plant fused with an actual plant but it would look natural. This is all I have about the design right now.
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
A very nice project. A hack with this Pokémon would be nice.
I think the first Pokémon in Uncatalogued Pokémon can be Ghost & Fire. It would be using fire with the lamp it has.
Male version should be a bit different and this pic would suit female version. Gender Ration 50%, 50%.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here