Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Oh, well thanks for wanting to see it so badly guys
Anyway, here's a quick sketch-up of Crabongo:

It has no legs, and the shell is now a party hat

I'll get the other ones up later :D
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:13 PM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
I love it Sunfished, there should be more tropical pokemon.
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
URM, hi guys.

I haven't really been around, but I'll try to work on bettering some of the designs that I posted a while ago. I also have a number of new designs, mostly Fairy-types, and I also redesigned my magpie pokemon and gave it a three stage Normal/Flying evolution line, so that should fill in the role of generic bird pokemon for the region, unless you guys had already made plans for that?

The new designs that I have to post (although I don't have access to all of them right now, and I need to redesign a few) include the five-formed fairy elemental that I mentioned a while back (which needs a redesign, because I failed at drawing it, lol), as well as a two-formed Fairy/Dark type I drew named Furvia, and a Dark/Fairy-type called Sorciel, which I also need to redesign.

I think I'll keep the name Stalava that you guys came up with for my Ponyta-evolution, and I noticed the sprite that was made. I thought it was good. A bit different than how I had imagined it, but I think I enjoyed the change. (Mainly the wings being changed from flames to clouds.) I'll work on information for that (and a few more of my pokemon) soon, although I have a lot of things (such as summer homework) to do before I can.

Lastly, I think I'll be changing Kridera's type from Grass/Fire to Grass/Fairy. That was originally what I had in mind for the ram, although Fairy-types hadn't been confirmed at the time of my drawing of him.

Here's a few links. They link to dropbox, and since I'm on a public computer right now I can't really save them and re-upload them to Photobucket yet. But, here's their designs for now. (Hopefully the links will work. Dropbox hates me. Pfft)

Magpie pokemon
Furvia (Guardian Form)
Furvia (Oblivion Form)
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Got this done
Old August 17th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post

Got this done
Amazing! You've just given me motivation to pull in again!

No seriously mate, the design is nice, but about the pre-evo of this one you've posted, Crabongo can you please make the spirals on its back more like stripes? Or keep it as a pattern, but make general shell-lines (like you did in the evolution)?

@Nakuzami
Excellent ideas! I anticipate the details of Stalava, since it's sprite was splendidly made tbh.
This means that Kridera is going to be Grass/Fairy, eh? I didn't expect that lol

About your designs... the magpie. The final evolution looks BOSS and after making minor tweaks and fixing proportions to it, it will be ready! (If whoever wants to make it wouldn't mind, I'd like the wings to be larger)
But, the first two, their heads are bare. That detracts the bird's look in general, aye. I'd suggest making some hairpiece or something of that sort.

About the Furvia formes, I would suggest making the designs less based on the human anatomy, meaning, they're too humanioid, and easily mistaken for mutants. Maybe making the general body structure different?
~
Old August 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh, haha

I was planning to make different forms for it based on different shell types. The one currently is a party hat shell. When I get to spriting those 2 I'll go ahead and add in the other forms I was planning to add :D
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:23 PM
pridekitty
A Kitty

Nature: Quiet
I made a pokemon!
Telek.png
It's based of of a telekhine.

Telek
Dark
Playful Pokemon

And that's all I've come up with so far.

My Shinies:
Quagsire M (Whoopie)
Corsola F (Coral)
Clauncher M (Dr. Zoidberg)
Yanma M (Blue Buzz)
Magikarp F (Goldy)
Goldeen M (Neptune)
Poliwhirl F (Polly)

Yes, I am aware that five of them are fishing shinies and that all of them have stupid nicknames.
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:34 PM
-Oops
um no

Wow I completely forgot about this. Sorry guys.
Old August 17th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Oops View Post
Wow I completely forgot about this. Sorry guys.
At least your Sp.Def raised, because it looks as if you used Amensia HAHAHA LOLOL のワの

Anyway, got to finish this guy, renamed to Komyunni, (COM ME YUN KNEE), since all the pikachus were based on their japanese names. "komyuniti" is what google gave me when I translated "community".

Old August 17th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Good one, Sunfished! I thought that was our Pikachu after looking at the colour xDDD He looks sooo much like Pikachu.

Anyway, I thought of redoing Firny so as to make a Battle Pose. Whaddya think?

I thought I'd make the colours darker and saturated at the same time, giving that creepy luminous-like-fire-but-dark-as-evil effect.
I'm hungry for those new formes...

@-Oops
Oops! Looks like ye forgot! Welcome back aboard, mate!
~
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
@Nakuzami
Excellent ideas! I anticipate the details of Stalava, since it's sprite was splendidly made tbh.
This means that Kridera is going to be Grass/Fairy, eh? I didn't expect that lol

About your designs... the magpie. The final evolution looks BOSS and after making minor tweaks and fixing proportions to it, it will be ready! (If whoever wants to make it wouldn't mind, I'd like the wings to be larger)
But, the first two, their heads are bare. That detracts the bird's look in general, aye. I'd suggest making some hairpiece or something of that sort.

About the Furvia formes, I would suggest making the designs less based on the human anatomy, meaning, they're too humanioid, and easily mistaken for mutants. Maybe making the general body structure different?
Well, I went by the basis that magpie generally don't have crests on their heads. Although, when I went through and drew the final design, I seriously didn't like it's head being bare, so I did a little Googling and discovered the crested magpie. I tried giving the second form a crest (which is still in the design), but it came out awkward . . . although I could try again. I think I'll keep the basic form as-is, though.

As for Furvia, we've certainly had some very humanoid pokemon in the past, but I can see where you're coming from. I'll see what I can do about it.

As I'm working on those, I'll try to remember to come up with some details. I'll work on Stalava's first, I suppose. d;
And, yes, Kridera is now a Grass/Fairy~ That was my original idea for him, after all, lol. Think about the mystical-ness of his Golden Fleece and maybe it will make sense. Then again, maybe not, but oh well. pfft c;
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:21 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've noticed alot of Uncatalogued Pokemon were left in the dust, especially alot of the neat ones drawn, so if noone obliges, I've went ahead and gave some of Muani's information:

Cat with no eyes
Name: Cheshmirk (Cheshire + smirk, as in to grin with evil)
Classification: Hamper Pokemon
Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Unaware/Insomnia
Dex: "Whenever people get lost in the forest, a Cheshmirk is usually encountered. Most of the time it just sits and chuckles to itself."

Bird with bat wings
Name: Tapiscry (Tapistry + mimicry/"cry")
Classification: Cloth Pokemon
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Camouflage
Dex: "Because of the way their wing flaps are engineered, they tear very easily. One of its quirks, however, is that the wings regenerate quickly, and in the same design of nearby fabrics."
This guy is meant to be a sort of gimmick Pokemon.

Dragon cat thing
Name: Nekomonsta (Nekomata, a sort of cat demon, + Monster)
Classification: Corrupt Pokemon
Type: Dragon or Normal/Dragon
Ability: Wonder Skin
Dex: "A Nekomonsta is only hatched as a result of a bad dragon's egg, and are notoriously vicious. But since dragon eggs are very looked and cared after, Nekomonsta are very hard to encounter in the field."

My Sunfish
Name: Flatsun (Flat + Sun)
Classification: Rocket Pokemon
Type: Water or Water/Electric
Ability: Motor Drive/*Steam Engine*
*Steam Engine allows the User to increase its speed sharply whenever a Fire-Type Pokemon is in the battle. This ability only activates once in battle until it is switched out.*
Dex: "Many times during a fisherman's life, will he see hordes of Flatsun skimming the surface of water. When provoked, a Flatsun will use up all of its energy to propel itself a whopping few miles to get away from the threat."
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:26 PM
Keizaal
but innocence is gone

Nature: Bold
I don't know if this is even neccasary since this isn't a game project, but I'm in the process of making sprites of some of the Fakemon who only have art. If that's okay with the original artist, of course)

Here is the first one I finished, only to see that this sprite was already completed.
I'll be sure to look more carefully next time!

Something seems...off about it, but I can't put my finger on it. Feel free to point out any mistakes. (I'm still trying to find a solution for the eyes)

I can make more, if you guys need them! I'll be glad to help out!

And hopelessness is sinking in
And the wolves all cry
To fill the night with hollering

credit
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizaal View Post
I don't know if this is even neccasary since this isn't a game project, but I'm in the process of making sprites of some of the Fakemon who only have art. If that's okay with the original artist, of course)

Here is the first one I finished, only to see that this sprite was already completed.
I'll be sure to look more carefully next time!

Something seems...off about it, but I can't put my finger on it. Feel free to point out any mistakes. (I'm still trying to find a solution for the eyes)

I can make more, if you guys need them! I'll be glad to help out!
Welcome to the crew, Keizaal!
And I've got to say, that's some really nice shading!
I can see what you mean by the eyes, and I think if you added a sort of "glare" to them it won't look so square :D

And of course we would like your help! I doubt there's anyone here,(or alive >:D), that wouldn't like more help with this massive project!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Keizaal
but innocence is gone

Nature: Bold
Thanks! I tweaked the sprite a bit, I think it looks a lot better now!

I'm working on it's evolution right now, I might even make a shiny form, too.

EDIT: Finished the evolution!

And hopelessness is sinking in
And the wolves all cry
To fill the night with hollering

credit

Last edited by Keizaal; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:11 AM
pridekitty
A Kitty

Nature: Quiet
Better version of Telek. I changed it's name to Dosea (dog-seal)

My Shinies:
Quagsire M (Whoopie)
Corsola F (Coral)
Clauncher M (Dr. Zoidberg)
Yanma M (Blue Buzz)
Magikarp F (Goldy)
Goldeen M (Neptune)
Poliwhirl F (Polly)

Yes, I am aware that five of them are fishing shinies and that all of them have stupid nicknames.
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

@Keizaal
Ah, love them both :D
Nice that you fixed the shading I made on the evo when I drew it. It looks like it actually belongs now.

@Pridekitty
Definitely an upgrade to the previous attempt!
Maybe what you can do though, is maybe add some features to it? Right now it has a great design, it being a dog/seal combo, but it looks sort of plain doesn't it?
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Jetstream9777

Hey guys just to say love all the designs I would love if someone could make a ice/ ground saber tooth design
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:13 AM
ShinyNuzLover
What're you lookin' at?

Nature: Hasty
@Jetstream- I could do that. It wouldn't be that hard.

Old August 26th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Jetstream9777

Yeah that would be awesome thanks
Old August 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

So, I have a few little things to post.

I colored Teurrorox
I . . . got my friend to re-sketch the pokemon I previously mentioned; Sorciel. It's pretty close to my original design, just sharper, more sinister, and less humanoid (mainly via the sudden jag in her body), and just overall more appealing. x3

I also tried to fix the middle evolution of the magpie's head tuft thingy, although I don't have a picture right now. I also named them Bapye, Tufpye and Crespye, in order.

I wrote down the information for Stalava, both forms of Furvia, both forms of Sorciel, my personal pokemon (which I also drew) and I sketched Maltone's Root Form. No pictures available at the moment, and I didn't type the information, so that'll have to wait. Just wanted to let y'all know I have it.

My friend, Nimsy on here, also sketched a few fakemon of her own, and I wrote down information for them. I have a picture of three of them, but I'm not sure if she'll be on to post it herself. Granted, she doesn't have a picture. . . . Well, here's the picture, anyways. I'll let her post all of the information and whatnot, along with her other fakemon. Poltitch, Freytitch and Sutra They're all Ghost-types, and I know we're kind of overflowing with the little buggers, so I mentioned to Nimsy not to draw any more Ghosties. I did really enjoy the idea of these pokemon, however, so I'm not complaining~

(P.S. - Nimsy's the "friend" I keep mentioning that's helping me with designs, lol)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:19 AM
Jetstream9777

I need a favour guys, could u help?
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What are you in need of, buddy?
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Jetstream9777

I need training for a pokemon battling competition
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream9777 View Post
I need training for a pokemon battling competition
You may find your answer somewhere here. Just that we limit ourselves to talking about the Pokédex Project over in this, that's all!
Anyway, I just want to ask if the first post is going to be updated soon? It seems a while and quite some designs have popped up since the last update... better late than never!
~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here