Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2013, 12:48 AM
derozio
Shingeki no Bahamut is awesome
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
This is perhaps the only AnD thing I haven't involved myself. :p Mind if I contribute a bit from time to time? I can see people being given tasks and such but can I work independently? I mean, I'm not exactly free and would love it if I could draw things at my own pace.
Credit // Theme // Pair // I'm a violinist.Kaori
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Dero you can do whatever you want. :p This is pretty much just a fun project, so if you come up with something cool than just draw it however/whenever you want. We usually only give out suggestions or tasks when people want to draw but don't know what or how it'll add to the dex.

Sunny, add Dero to the list of contributors. As former mod of A&D he deserves an obligatory mention in this project. lol no jk don't add him yet Sunny. He's going to have to submit an entree and work for it like everyone else.

メガ レックウザ
pairbrothersmodtwingallerycredit
bell treepixel jointfairy clubacnl club
pokemon faefriend codedream addresshomestuck club
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
Haha, I'm not gonna force anyone to follow individual assignments. They're there to serve as a reminder as what that person's good at

@Nakuzami
Wow, I looked back and saw that you made a tally system. I'll just go ahead and steal that chart from you and add it to the main post.

@Hoenn
If I add in individual assignments, they'll most likely be there to remind someone of what they forgot to do, or what they seem to excel at.
You, for example, have a great knack for coming up with info for Pokemon!

Now, just to let y'all know, I find it allowable for anyone to update or vote on removing a particular Fakemon, but only if it hasn't been truly "finished". The one that looks like a Farfetch'd for example, looks as if it is just a mere idea. It has potential though, so it's up to you guys to decide if we should remove some fakes that aren't really "there yet".

I'll also add in the chart of types that Nakuzami has managed to create. Through this, you can tell which types don't need anymore input
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Jetstream9777

I have decided to draw a new fake on, it once was my favourite one I made and now it's gonna make a new appearance. Get ready for Paleot, Palestar and Paleoking!!
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I vote for this design to be considered for removal.

It isn't much special, but I just thought about the fact that Muani made a better design of a feline creature.

This one too:

Once again, following a very basic sketch, so it'd most probably fit as a Normal type. It's uncatalogued, so consider it.
I'm not saying these should be removed, just saying consider it.

Cataloging this family.

(first)
Name: Multob
Type: Grass
Ability: Sap Sipper/Harvest
Classification: The Grass Pad Pokémon
Gender Ratio: 50% 50%
Flavour Text: Pokédex I - Multob are usually living below potted plants and grow on them. They are never found away from civilization.
Pokédex II - They tend to live close to towns and cities. They grow on the surface where plants are planted and feed on their nutrients.
Evolution: Multob -> Botanot (starting from level 23)-> Chrystany (via trade)
Base Stats: HP: 50
Attack: 40
Defense: 40
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 30

(second)
Name: Botanot
Type: Grass/Water
Ability: Sap Sipper/Harvest
Classification: The Aqua Pot Pokémon
Gender Ratio: 50% 50%
Flavour Text: Pokédex I - They are often mistaken for potted plants. Flowers often bloom on their grassy surface.
Pokédex II - Often mistaken for potted plants, Botanot are sturdy Pokémon that grow up to the height of a human.
Base Stats: HP: 100
Attack: 47
Defense: 63
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 45

(third)
Name: Chrystany
Type: Grass/Water
Ability: Clear Body
Classification: The Hardy Pot Pokémon
Gender Ratio: 50%
Flavour Text: Pokédex I - Often found to protect people, they are very sturdy and can withstand very strong forces.
Pokédex II - These Pokémon are known to protect people from falling off heights. They are very strong and protective.
Base Stats: HP: 120
Attack: 60
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 120
Speed: 60

With this addition, I think we can close Grass types as well. There's enough Pokémon over in there.
~
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
I vote for this design to be considered for removal.
Spoiler:

It isn't much special, but I just thought about the fact that Muani made a better design of a feline creature.
I agree that Muani's feline pokémon is much better, but there is one difference: mine is meant to be a Normal-Type Eeveelution. I seeeeeeeriously need to fix its head, though. I've tried, but I can't get it right. I don't know why; I've done Eeveelutions in the past and they came out fine.

If someone wants to submit a better version, though, be my guest. I'm not very proud of this one, anyways. @_@;

I'm in a bit of an artsy mood right now, at least when it comes to writing, so I'll see if I can do some stuff to contribute. Otherwise I'd just try working on one of my fanfictions or roleplays.

@Sunfished - Lol, you're welcome. But just remember: there are some inaccuracies on it, due to the organization/unfinished-ness of some of the pokémon. Though, it shouldn't be too far off.

EDIT: Oh oh oh oh
I noticed that you have Sorciel categorized under the Ghost-type
I just wanted to fix that: it's a Dark/Fairy type. It's basically a rival to Furvia. (It also has a second form that I have yet to perfect, like Furvia)

Last edited by Nakuzami; September 19th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Beep beep
update time!

Also, I will always update the main post around this time, give or take an hour or so.

@Hoenn
See, your like a god at giving them neat little info!
Oh, but was it intentional for it to lose Sap Sipper/Harvest on it's final form?

@Nakuzami
Oh, gotcha. I kinda forgot what type your gave it, so my instinct came first

Like Hoenn voted, I say we remove the no-armed dog thing, and let the Normal-Eevee evo to stay and see if anyone can get a decent update to its design.
Also, I'm removing my blue dragon thing in the uncatalogued. It looked like a Salamence with 3 heads :D
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Oh gosh, I think I really like the idea of this pokémon now.
I hope this all makes sense?
Spoiler:

• Name: Oneirox (Oneiro + Nox or Fox)
  • Type: Fairy
  • Ability: Dreamer
    • This pokémon and its teammates recover 1/4 of their maximum health when sleeping.
  • Classification: the Dream Pokémon
  • Gender Ratio: 0% 0%
  • Flavor Text
    • In the long forgotten worlds of the Dreamscapes, it is said that a lone Pokémon remains to guard the lands that humans once cherished so. This creature is said to be a manifestation of the dreams of people and pokémon, and is the only being that can freely enter and leave the Dreamscapes at will. It maintains the role of being both the ruler and guardian of the Dreamscapes, and it is believed that it visits the dreams of the worthy to grant them a glimpse of the Dreamscapes.

Sightings of this creature have been few and far between, and, due to its nature of usually appearing only in dreams, it has long been written off as a fable. Rarely has a sighting of this creature been recorded outside of a dream. It has long been debated if such a creature even exists, and many have questioned why it chooses to almost never manifest in the lands of reality.

According to an etching found on an ancient altar that speaks of the Dreamscapes, the creature is a pokémon known as Oneirox. It was once hailed as a god of dreams, and it has been foretold that the pokémon will eventually return to restore the connection between the Dreamscapes and Reality. It is claimed that this will only happen when a worthy hero walks to the Dream Gates with a certain item in hand, summoning Oneirox to this world and binding its will to the hero.

"A fleeting sight in dreams long lost,
      A creature of the fabled cross,
      Left to guard an empty palace
      From all those with hearts of malice.

Awaiting the arrival of the one,
      A hero borne from darkened son,
      Carrying the eternal gleam;
      Keeper of the final seam.

Child of the mighty Iris,
      Reunite with the higher conscious,
      For in its virtue lays the secret,
      Lost among the poisoned banquet.

Transcending those consumed by avarice,
      Swiftly strike with a heart of justice
      To free those taken by his apprentice.
      "
  • Base Stats
    • HP: 70
    • Attack: 125
    • Defense: 90
    • Special Attack: 125
    • Special Defense: 90
    • Speed: 100
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GOSH, FREAKING, ASODJAPISBHFPIQHEPIDNQPI!

Wow, Nakuzami, you really went all out on that one!

You know what, since you put some neat effort into the description, the name, and overall just keeping to the fun, I'm going to make a whole new section dedicated to the lore of our legendaries, in which this one right here will be the first. You've got a great deal with words, and the little poem was just epic!

Edit:
Ehh, I'll just leave it as is. The magnitude of it wouldn't be the same if I put it somewhere else

Also guys, I've closed the Grass and Flying types now.

Last edited by Sunfished; September 19th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Muani
miau

Nature: Docile
aaaAAAAAHFGKJHUTKHRTNRJ

thank you so much! im so, so in love with the writing you came up with! ;w;

blog

currently looking for shinies!
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
GOSH, FREAKING, ASODJAPISBHFPIQHEPI:SDNQPI!

Wow, Nakuzami, you really went all out on that one!

You know what, since you put some neat effort into the description, the name, and overall just keeping to the fun, I'm going to make a whole new section dedicated to the lore of our legendaries, in which this one right here will be the first. You've got a great deal with words, and the little poem was just epic!

Edit:
Ehh, I'll just leave it as is. The magnitude of it wouldn't be the same if I put it somewhere else :P

Also guys, I've closed the Grass and Flying types now.
I take it that that means you guys think I did well? xD

Thanks! I enjoyed writing it, and now I really want to write some sort of story that centers around Oneirox asdfghjkl;

As a Fantasy Novelist is what I aspire to be, I try my best with such things. :3

And, lol, maybe you can add that section once the dex is complete? As, at that point, we could totally give the OP an insane makeover and make it look like a beautifully intense pokédex~! asdfghjkl;

Let's see if I can't do just as well on some other pokémon descriptions? It's always more interesting with legendaries, because then you can make them sound unrealistically epic, but it's still quite possible to write cool things for other pokémon. d:

(PC keeps breaking on me, so it took this post, like, an extra twenty minutes to go through. Pfft)
Old September 19th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

@Nakuzami
Now I know how to "put our art into words". That's quite a fine link you picked for that guy :O

@Sunfished
Good to know that flying is closed too. Maybe after all the other types get considerably higher in number we can reopen them again? Just a thought.

Someone should have said it was an Eeveelution D: at least, add up some info... I think I'll try updating that one too :3

Yep, let's keep this Pokédex Makeover thing in mind then, shall we? The only problem is that we need more "standards" for our art, some of them are sprites, some of them are sketches, some are unfinished drawings and some are digital art. Some of them (like sprites) are small and easy to view, some of them are humongous and you'd have wished you didn't open up that type category spoiler. I think Sunfished can open his magic wand and put all the larger pictures in spoilers? It would save a lot of trouble.

Considering that... yeah. I think we should constantly add new stuff about the Dex, as we did with the Region Map (I horribly failed to put one up so that's a minus for me) and new items thingy. And of course, it's all on the hands of freaking awesome Nakuzami type work.
~
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If noone really cares, I can shrink all of the really big ones, but then the link will have to be changed so instead I will host the picture. The biggest I really reccomend is about 700x700 or smaller. It still keeps the quality, but will be small enough to not lag the page.

Oh, and the Water Starter was never completed! I think we should just use the one that we labeled as a fossil? It would keep with the regalia theme!
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

The water starter was made by Alexial xD
I really liked the progress into it, maybe give some more time for Alexial to come back and finish it.

Yeah, that will be a good thing to do as well, and there are a few broken pic around the dex, maybe fix them?
~
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Okay bros, I've taken up this opportunity of boredum and am taking the time to resize the ridiculously large pictures. Max dimensions are gonna be 500px tall, and about 700-ish px wide.

Since I'm doing so, it would mean I'll be hosting the shrunkified pics, within my personal Photobucket account. These will be the following:

Squiddle and Hunquid
Kriderias
Teurrox
Sorciel
Tufpye line

If you guys oblige to me uploading the new versions, feel free to say so. I wouldn't mind. But please provide your shrunk version instead.

I'll do post 2 tommorow.

Last edited by Sunfished; September 21st, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old September 21st, 2013, 11:48 PM
Fairy
スカイハイ

Haha, you guys do whatever you see fit with the Water starter. I always felt stumped when it came to the final evolution because I couldn't see what to do with it other than make it more opulent, which it really doesn't need, imo. So if you guys think it's best as something else, scrap it and give it a shot. :) No hard feelings.

But I'm open to suggestions if anyone has an idea for where to take the design so I can actually draw the final evolution!

Also, Sunny, I always saved the images, resized them, uploaded them through my Photobucket account and there was never an issue. It should work fine for you too. n_n

メガ レックウザ
pairbrothersmodtwingallerycredit
bell treepixel jointfairy clubacnl club
pokemon faefriend codedream addresshomestuck club
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
Been a while since I've posted here. Congrats Sunfished and good luck with the project, I know you will do a good job running this. I hope I get my enthusiasm with drawing soon so I can help you guys out, but in the mean time I know you guys will do great.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ah, welcome back Beef!

@Alexial
Oh, haha
Well, the water starter has a sort of regal look, so why not make it look really majestic and royal looking? Like it's feather on its head can turn into a crown.

Here's a bug thing:

It's sorta based on a pill bug or something

Name: Millipill
Type: Bug/Rock
Ability: Sturdy/Shell-Out*
*Whenever hit by a Critical-hit, this Pokemon's defense increases sharply.
Dex: Millipill have shells crafted out of the same rock material as Dwebble. They are also most commonly found near Dwebble, as a Millipill's arms are too weak to cut rocks.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Since most of the overly-large pictures are mine (curse you phone), I can certainly resize them on my own photobucket account~
(I would try spriting, but . . . that would be a mess. Pfft)

Okay, I'm going to give myself the goal to . . . type up the info for at least three pokemon this week. Let's see if I can get that done. Depends on how bored I get and if I have time. Pfft (Well, I always have time. I'm just laaaaazy.)

And . . . what should we do about thinking up things for the Region itself? Hmm?
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The region...

I honestly think that we should have developed the region alongside the 'mons. Developing both at the same time would open up more possiblities and ideas for Pokemon we can design, and in turn can help map/region idea guys to come up with topography and such.

But, I'm not really good at maps, and sorta only payed half attention to when you guys made the map in the main post. If anyone wants to continue the region design, go right ahead. We kinda slowed down on the drawings and such anyway, so if working on the region sounds fun for you guys, go right ahead and give it your all!
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
Ello! Been awhile since I contributed anything here... Was honestly hoping to complete an evolution for the grass-type fakemon I posted ages back, buuuut, it seems all I've got time for at the moment is recoloring sprites. Namely recoloring them into shinies :U

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It took me awhile to decide what this one should look like as a shiny. I just couldn't decide on a color for the darker areas -w- I was going to do it orange, but that looked terrible, so I finally settled on purple.
Spoiler:

Oh, I also fixed the Shiny recoloring I did of the ghost Eevee. As Alexial had pointed out, the reflections on the fur needed to be more green.
Spoiler:

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze
Curse of Hogwarts (OOC/IC) as Fitz Kuroji

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:02 PM
BeefTaco

Those look pretty awesome Fortworth, great job. I might do a design tonight, Poison type sounds good.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ah, welcome back from your slumber, Beef!

And sorry for the lack of updates, as I was ill over the last few days.

I've got a few evolutions to some existing 'mons that needed them, and I'm taking the liberty to redo the Slenderman fake thing that seemed too spooky for everyone. I'll start posting them one by one over the course of the week, to keep this place updated every now and then!

Off-topic: So, who's getting X and/or Y?
Old September 30th, 2013, 07:32 PM
BeefTaco

It seems I won't be able to make that fakemon, my brother did something to the computer now it doesn't work. I'm stuck using the Ipod until gets fixed.

Off-Topic: I am getting it but not on release, probably a month later.
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

We-ell, looks like we've got quite a lot of things to do! For starters, like Sunfished said, let's add evolutions/revamp old evolutions of Pokémon!

For example, I think this design here can be a Pinsir pre-evolution. What do you guys think?

~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here