Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old May 18th, 2013 (01:22 PM).

I got a Brilliant idea what about a tiki torch pokemon. It could be a grass/fire type
Old May 18th, 2013 (01:43 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
If we're talking about adding unusual dual types, here is a few I was planning to add into my FakeDex:

Grass/Fire: A Jack o' Lantern. Fits perfectly with this Greek theme!
Fire/Water: NOT A PISTOL SHRIMP! Steamed Lobsters! :D
Water/Grass: A mucky-like overgrowth, think Tangrowth.

They are all also combinations of the starter types!
Old May 18th, 2013 (02:07 PM). Edited May 18th, 2013 by GolurkIsDaBomb.
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Okay here are the colored versions of the fire starter. It'd be nice if my colored pencils were better but I think it turned out okay:

Putting links cuz the images were HUGE: Firny | Flarney | Final Evo

As for the name for the last one, I was thinking Bunflare or Rabbiflare.

Also I got bored and decided to doodle up a pokemon based on the Graeae It might be a little too humanoid though.

Standard Forme | Sight Forme | Bite Forme

If you can't read my chickenscatch, the name of the mon is Peinyo (a combo of the three names of the sisters) and when holding the item future eye it changes into sight forme, or if holding the item lone tooth it converts to bite forme. I was thinking that the normal one could be either ghost or psychic, sight would be ghost/psychic, and bite would be either ghost/normal or psychic/normal. Thoughts?
Old May 18th, 2013 (07:26 PM). Edited May 18th, 2013 by Sunfished.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Okay, with much digress, I seem to be stuck on how to properly execute a Rock or Ground Eevee, so I'm putting it on stall for now...

I guess this means that anyone can attempt it, and I'm free to do something else.

If no one objects, I'm going to redo the final grass starter, because he's kinda awkward compared to his pre-evos. I'm thinking of a gangster Grass/Ground type, because his 2nd stage looks like a punk

Oh, and those look great Golurk!
I love the noodle-like appendages it has. It's like that creepy feeling you get when you think a tentacle is placed on your shoulder!
Old May 18th, 2013 (11:16 PM).

Um I think the grass starter could be changed but not massively as it also about a tomahawk with a horned Lizard.
Old May 19th, 2013 (03:49 AM). Edited May 19th, 2013 by KriegStein.
Nuclear Reactor

Alexial: Heres a wikipefia article of Roc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roc_(mythology)
I hope it helps. But hmm. If description would help more then how about this. Imagine a huge bird with talons as big as a trainer. It has a ferocious beak. (maybe something like eagles?) And maybe a sort of feather crown on its head. Or like very long feathers like Pidgeot etc. Colorpalet... Well most describe it as white but I think more of a light gray/silver or gold. Something majestic that also represents wealth. (its keen on treasures) maybe some jewelry hanging from its wings or talons etc? Ideas? :D
And for the bug... Ugh...
Maybe a moth? Or something... A female looking... Whats the butterfly species... Ummm... (checks wikipedia)
EDIT: these moths. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deilephila_elpenor
You could make the bug larva evolve into two different pokemon. One female and one male. A little bit like gardevoir and gallade. But just in bug type. Typing could be Bug/something and bug/something. Comments?

Old May 19th, 2013 (05:40 AM).

Love the ideas!! I think we should come up with the trio next
Old May 19th, 2013 (04:41 PM).
<---- MAH WAIFU :3

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to DaydreamsAway
So umm.. Hi! I stumbled on this thread by accident and I was amazed on the passion on making this..Oh! Where are my manners! My name is DaydreamsAway but ya'll can call me Slate.. So I thought maybe like a pokemon based on the greek warriors spirit? Maybe like another Ghost/Fire Typing.. Heres the pic: http://imgur.com/X8pvJbG. And another thing Shouldn't we just abandon Eevee for another pokemon? Say a Hercules kinda pokemon based on his tasks?...

TELL ME I'M NOT DREAMING AGAIN!
OUR LOVE IS NOT A GHOST...

Best Song Ever!

Old May 19th, 2013 (06:49 PM).
loves you!

Ah, great work everyone! I never updated the first post :< I'll do it right after this, promise~

Quote originally posted by DaydreamsAway:
So umm.. Hi! I stumbled on this thread by accident and I was amazed on the passion on making this..Oh! Where are my manners! My name is DaydreamsAway but ya'll can call me Slate.. So I thought maybe like a pokemon based on the greek warriors spirit? Maybe like another Ghost/Fire Typing.. Heres the pic: http://imgur.com/X8pvJbG. And another thing Shouldn't we just abandon Eevee for another pokemon? Say a Hercules kinda pokemon based on his tasks?...
Hi there Slate and welcome to our lovely little project! n_n; Super happy you decided to join! And yes! We love when new people can contribute some art, so we'll definitely find room for your design! Feel free to be an involved as you like and I'll assign you some tasks. Regardless, we're so happy to have caught your attention!

Right to business, eh? I like that. :) Well, it seemed like the majority here liked having an Eevee evolution, but if you have another idea do share! As for a Hercules-esque fakemon, I really like the idea of designing something based on his deeds. If you'd like to come up with a design, feel free! I'm partial to Beowulf myself, but I guess he's not very Greek. Go figure. xD

~

@ Sunfished : No pressure on the Eevee evolution. n_n; Take your time with it! Definitely like to see what you can do with the Grass evo though.

@ Golurk : Awesomeeeee! I like that we're getting Psychic fakemons in here finally. Although, your design reads "legendary" to me for some reason. I feel like it should be legendary. Anyone else get that impression or is it just me? Regardless, it's lovely and keeeepppss!

@ Jet : I think the tomahawk idea was abandoned, but let's see what Sunfished can come up with. n_n; Any luck on some more Greet myths? Also, what trio? I forgot.. @_@;

@ Krieg : Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. It think I'm going to add a section in the main post for reference photos, so we have a collection for our artists to check. What do you think? I love the story for the bird too. It gives it a read depth of character. Moreover, it's not like Pokemon are immune from wearing clothes / using weapons. So it's got authenticity to it! Yeah, I love it. And the moth feels bug/poison to me because of that purple. But that seems a little generic.. maybe Bug Ghost?
a&d
gallery
friend code
dream address
gpxplus
clubstuck
club fae
mayor club
credit
Old May 19th, 2013 (06:58 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DARN!
ALEXIAL POSTED RIGHT BEFORE I DID >:O

anyway, I basically took the final grass evo and made him more 'Pokemon' like, because what he looked like before was kinda tall and DRASTICALLY changed after his evo.
So here's a rough sketch blah blah blah:

While he's in sketch form, suggest what and what and I'll try to attend to your thoughts!

And what tomahawk idea? I never heard anything tomahawk related!

AND, if Jet chooses not to name them, we can salvage back the names mentioned WAY back in this thread.
Old May 19th, 2013 (07:13 PM).
loves you!

Golurk your art is so big :O Don't worry, I'll resize them for ya. n_n;

First post has been updated everyone!

Sunny (which is you, Sunfished n_n); I like the evolution so far. It looks like a much more complete thought than it did before. Seems more organized and easy to look at. Also, I'll just go ahead and search for the names of the grass guys. Or make something up on the spot. xP It's not like it can't be revised!
a&d
gallery
friend code
dream address
gpxplus
clubstuck
club fae
mayor club
credit
Old May 19th, 2013 (07:19 PM).
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Ooh sunfished, I like the new design! I think it should be an eency bit taller so its stature is more discernible from the second evo, but looking good!

@Alexial I was thinking it seemed a bit legendary too. It could always be the mew/celebi/jirachi/shaymin/victini of the region?

And I also decided to try out the ground eeveelution. Sand Eevee

I made its second half sand since antaeus gains his power from the earth, and there's a skull on its head since antaeus would collect the skulls of his enemies. Thoughts?

I also got bored and doodled up some simple Hippocampi mons. They're simple but I think it's a good start to elaborate on?

Hippocamp 1 | Hippocamp 2

@Alexial It's giant I know :'( My camera (which I found so that's why you can actually see the images haha) likes to make them huge and I'm not sure how to fix that. So resizing would be awesome! :D
Old May 19th, 2013 (08:32 PM). Edited May 21st, 2013 by DaydreamsAway.

So..umm.. What Lex said I've been thinking about like a lynx eevee pokemon I've sketched it down too.. Damn internet is slow today. If you're curious on what is a Lynx this is a lynx: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_lynx . And I've been thinking like the Messenger God aka Apollo is a insect like bumblebee. Bug/Fire Typing. Cuz Apollo represents the healer and the plague. Heal cuz it can pollinate and bring life and it can bring hurt with its sting.

Source: GOOGLE

EDIT: Here's the Pick:http://imgur.com/o34mTqM

Best Song Ever!

Old May 19th, 2013 (09:41 PM).

I think the grass evo design looks more like a better second evo to be honest but still looks amazing. The second evo will be called Hornevine
Old May 20th, 2013 (04:40 AM). Edited May 20th, 2013 by KriegStein.
Nuclear Reactor

Quote originally posted by Alexial357:

@ Krieg : Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. It think I'm going to add a section in the main post for reference photos, so we have a collection for our artists to check. What do you think? I love the story for the bird too. It gives it a read depth of character. Moreover, it's not like Pokemon are immune from wearing clothes / using weapons. So it's got authenticity to it! Yeah, I love it. And the moth feels bug/poison to me because of that purple. But that seems a little generic.. maybe Bug Ghost?
Bug/Ghost sounds good. I was thinking that they could have some sort of reference to Titania and Oberon. (the Queen and King of fairies) The female could be ghost and I thought the male or "king" counterpart could be steel or dragon. And it could have some sort of armor and lance. A bit like dragoon. (heavy horsemen) You know. A Bug Knight to put it bluntly. And as for the female. The ghost suits well. Either that or psychic.
Thoughts?
EDIT: Ice types for Alexial. Hmm. Well one could be an arctic fox. I guess thete isnt one yet so that would be unique. Then there is Ymir who is a huge Ice giant. But that is more of a norse mythology. Hmm. Harpies could be ice/flying type. Also there are the Gorgon sisters. (you know medusas big and little sister) And then there is the Ferryman. Whats his name... The guy at river styx. charon? No thats his roman name... (back to research)

Old May 20th, 2013 (11:35 AM).

I think that all the mythology is great but we shouldn't just go for that!! I got an idea of a candy pokemon what are the thoughts??
Old May 20th, 2013 (02:49 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

So, somehow he turned into a t-rex.

Oh, so here's the lore behind those 'fancy types':
the Grass/Fire Jack o' Lantern is probably from some kind of myth
Fire/Water can be a steamed crustacean of some sort
Water/Grass can be medusa, with vines covering its eyes

Also, I agree with Jet about not overly focusing on greek mythology. maybe, we should throw in a few 'basic' designs, just for good measure!
Old May 20th, 2013 (03:22 PM).
Okay.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Well, I think I might want to try doing this, considering I get bored a lot and tend to doodle and create random pokemon anyways. I've created a number . . . but many of them were complete crap and I no longer have any of my information on them, lol.

Quote originally posted by Sunfished:
Okay, with much digress, I seem to be stuck on how to properly execute a Rock or Ground Eevee, so I'm putting it on stall for now...

I guess this means that anyone can attempt it, and I'm free to do something else.
I actually have an old drawing on my deviantART of a Rock-type Eeveelution. It was a while ago, so I don't think I have the original drawing, but I could attempt redrawing it.
I'll look for the old drawing, considering it had some information on the pokemon itself on the back.
Thing is, it's not really . . . Greek. It's kind of just there, lol. I could redraw it or something, I suppose.

Here's the picture on dA: <clicky>

I also tried a Steel-Type Eeveelution when I did this, but it came out . . . fairly horrible.
Old May 20th, 2013 (04:27 PM).

Quote originally posted by Jetstream9777:
I think that all the mythology is great but we shouldn't just go for that!! I got an idea of a candy pokemon what are the thoughts??
Candy Pokemon...mmmm.... Sounds Deli- Fantastic but 1 question though. If we're hungry and we have Candy Pokemon... Do we eat them? And if we do..Does that make us cannibals? :D

Best Song Ever!

Old May 20th, 2013 (05:14 PM).
loves you!

Quote originally posted by DaydreamsAway:
Candy Pokemon...mmmm.... Sounds Deli- Fantastic but 1 question though. If we're hungry and we have Candy Pokemon... Do we eat them? And if we do..Does that make us cannibals? :D
The answer is an emphatic yes. To eating them. >:3

And yeah, if you guys want to branch out from the Greek mythology thing a bit, awesome! n_n; As you guys can see, I'm being pretty lenient with what designs get it. So really, go crazy. We can weed out stuff later. Right now, I just want to draw, you know? :p Sorry if that doesn't sound too "orderly" but, eh. lol

I was thinking the greek thing was best suited for legendaries and starters anyway.

@ Nakuzami : WOO MOAR PEOPLEEE

Nah, if you'd like to join in, cool! Just give us your designs and we'll work with them. n_n;

edit : and yo, Nakuzami, I've been secretly admiring your signature forever now <3
a&d
gallery
friend code
dream address
gpxplus
clubstuck
club fae
mayor club
credit
Old May 20th, 2013 (05:15 PM). Edited May 20th, 2013 by Nakuzami.
Okay.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
So I made some sketches of a few pokémon. The pictures are low quality (I don't have a scanner, so the quality won't ever be great, lol) and the pokémon aren't very detailed as of yet, but hey, here they are.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Colchakon, the Guardian Pokémon.
Based upon the Colchian Dragon, protector of the Golden Fleece.
Type: Dragon/???
Ability: Unknown
Genderless
Height: 30'3"
Weight: 1300lbs

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Kridera, the Golden Ram Pokémon.
Based upon the Golden Ram.
Type: Fire/Grass
Ability: Unknown
Genderless
Height: 9'7"
Weight: 175lbs

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cirreon. the Cloud Pokémon.
Just another Eeveelution.
Type: Flying
Ability: Cloud Nine
Gender Ratio: 87.5%, 12.5%
Height: 3'5"
Weight: 49.6lbs

EDIT: Lol, well, thanks, Alexial. d:
Old May 20th, 2013 (06:10 PM).
loves you!

Oooo I like that golden ram. It's got a very houndoom feel to it. Love all of your details too. We really need things like names / types / abilities/ etc

I started on a sketch of that jeweled bird. Kinda iffy on it. :( Thinking of making this the ancient bird cause it feels like it should be I guess.

a&d
gallery
friend code
dream address
gpxplus
clubstuck
club fae
mayor club
credit
Old May 20th, 2013 (06:51 PM).
Back to PC~
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm interesting in attempting to help you guys. I already have the design for some Fakemon, which have been around since before this thread, but I never used them for anything online.

One of them is based on a rabbit, though. Would that mean it can't be used because of the rabbit-based starter, or would it depend on the similarity between the two?
Old May 20th, 2013 (06:59 PM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Honestly, this is more of a "let's just throw things at each other and see what happens." kind of project. Just feel free to join in, and together we all will bask in the glory of our teamwork! :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D

Oh yeah, a little off topic, but what timezones are you all in? because alot of stuff happens when I go to sleep, and then when I'm awake barely anyone ever says anything...
Old May 20th, 2013 (09:42 PM).

I lile the flying evee. It kinda looks like pegasus!! I am in Gmt
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links