Quick search
The PokéCommunity Forums

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page ✜ CHECKMATE : redux (OOC)

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old April 15th, 2013 (02:09 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2013 by adventure.
adventure
thief of life

Nature: Naive

✜ If a PLAYER is slan, tha KISS has ta be given ta tha corpse and tha DREBESELF will come alive.

✜ If a DREBESELF is slan, tha PLAYER will nevermore drebe on tha MOONS.

✜ If a PLAYER wit a dead DREBESELF is slan, tha player enters tha AFTERLIFE.

CHECKMATE
: r...e...d...u...x

dis is tha OOC thread - HERE IS THA IC THREAD
A strangely drbeatic view and cryptic text comprises tha front of tha gbee you just received n tha mail. It is called CHESS but it is a computer gbee and not a tabletap gbee. Nside, you fnd a thn leaflet tellng you that CHESS will challenge gben as hudawgity knows it by featurng both creatng and buildng, spheal'n'slash killng, adventurous mahsteries and tha most vivid and challengng roleplayng snce tha days of text gbees.

Unsuspectng or not, you eventually do nstall tha gbee and attempt ta play it tagithar wit othar seemngly random thugz across tha world who have received a similar copy of CHESS from an anonymous sender. Little d-ya know that dis gbee is tha only chance fo you and yo newfound friends ta survive tha apocalypse that tha very existence of tha gbee brought bout n tha first place...

Witout disclosng tao much, dis is tha most advanced gbee ever created. It will takes a little while befoe you understand that, though.

When you first nstall CHESS, you have ta choose an available COLOR ta represent you. Tha ntroduction phase of tha gbee will than give you tasks ta perfom on tha screen befoe a time counter runs out. If you do dis right, you will begn tha gbee of true CHESS. But you is n fo a surprise...

All of a sudden, you is not controllng a character on tha screen anymore - you is livng tha gbee as tha player, yoself. You have stepped nta a world of health bars, character stats and skills, a world which you cannot escape. Once you have entered tha gbee of CHESS, you have ta keep playng. Or perish.

You will explore LANDS, learn ta fight, awaken snoopanatural ASPECTS, attach a whole new meanng ta DREBEN, ALCHEMIZE tha most extraordnary or crazy items imagnable and probably befriend RAPNG ANIMALS. All while tryng yo best ta ROLEPLAY ta fit yo given role and grow n LEVELS and stay alive as well as stay friends wit tha othar PLAYAS n tha gbee. You is all swimmng n tha sbee boat now, so ta speak.

But what is tha true purpose of CHESS?
What really happened ta tha Earth you left behnd?
And can you handle tha truth? Tha truth bout tha UNIVERSE itself.
That dis is not just a gbee, but at tha sbee time,
everythng always was.

ABOUT THA ROLEPLAY

Dis is a remake and remix of a previous RP of mne, called CHECKMATE. As such, it is based on tha sbee thng but will be very different and much more adapted fo thugz who have never heard of Homestuck. Both n playstyle, details and plot. I will be a player of mah own but also control some othar important characters.

It might seem a bit similar ta Sword Art Onlne tao, snce tha playas will be stuck nside a gbee and have an nventary, levels and skill sets.

It will be divided nta a number of ACTS. If a player leaves mid-act, spots will open up fo replacements wit new characters n a pause n between tha acts. Thare might be new OOC or IC threads fo each acts, we'll see.

At tha end of tha ntroduction phase, tha gbee will assign each player a class judgng from how thay have acted and perfomed. Usng what is stated below as base ground, you is free ta develop tha nterpretation of yo class a little. You will git ta choose yo class OOC but yo character will not git ta choose IC. Explanations ta classes:

MAGE - focuses on alterng thngs and brngng bout changes, both literally and metaphorically. Gans bonus fo usng thair aspect (magic). Tha drbeatic class.

PRIEST - focuses on nfomation, knowledge and advisng. Bonus fo ntricate plannng. Bonus fo complicatng thngs :) Tha enlightened class.

KNIGHT - focuses on attackng and offense, ben rathar straightfoward bout thngs. Simply put, bonus fo attackng. Tha offensive class.

BARD - focuses on protectng, aidng and helpng. Bonus fo acts of defense. Tha defensive class.

ROGUE - focuses on stealth and displacement of thngs. Bonus fo stealng, n any way. Tha shadowy class.

SMITH - focuses on alternatives and possibilities, ben nventive and creative. Bonus fo explorng. Tha unpredictable class.

N case you wondered, yes you will be assigned an ASPECT as well, meanng a type of magic. But I will decide what magic you git, judgng from what type of character you make and what title and color you choose. Maybe I'll give you some hand n it tao, we'll see. All will be clear n due time!

RULES

1 - Follow all tha PC and Roleplay Corner rules or I'll send Skymn on you.

2 - Tha ratng is M. Even if enterng a gbee, meetng aliens and playng wit magic feels surreal, it would be funky ass if you were playng rathar realistically. Pleaze refran from describng gore, njuries or "rodawgtic" actions wit detail though.

3 - Be cisful not ta godmod. Maybe you do want yo character ta succeed n everythng thay do, but tha RP doesn't really become challengng and fun that way. Let yo friends save yo butt sometimes!

4 - Be polite and funky ass OOC. I have tha fnal word on everythng, fo tha sake of organisation. If thare is anythng bout tha RP, tha world or CHESS you do no understand, pleaze ask n tha OOC thread coz othars might wonder tha sbee thng.

5 - Reservations last fo a few days and you may reserve a COLOR, a CLASS and what GENDER you'd like. Takes yo time ta thnk up an nterestng character but don't drag thngs out fo tao long.

6 - If you become unable ta post fo a while, notify tha GM. Also, if you want ta drop out of tha RP fo any reason, you have ta notify tha GM. If you just leave witout givng an explanation, I will be really sad :) And yo character will be iced :D

Nbee: (first and last)
Gender: (male or female. I want genders as balanced as possible fo tha 6 characters)
Color: (what color d-ya want representng you n CHESS? if it's not a common color, pleaze provide hex code)
Class: (choose between MAGE, KNIGHT, ROGUE, BARD, PRIEST, SMITH)

Age: (14-16, let's be relatively sbee-aged teenagers, shall we? That age where you're not quite grown up, but also no longer really a kid)
Home: (city/isa and country/region of world)
Fbeily: (list yo fbeily members livng wit you and any pets!)
Thame song: (if you want. I'll be lnkng ta it now and than ^^)

Good personality traits: (state at least 3 personality traits that you thnk is positive and defne yo character)
Bad personality traits: (state at least 2 personality traits that you thnk is negative and defne yo character)
Nterests and hobbies: (state at least 3 major thngs that you love dong n yo spis time. Be creative!)

Appearance: (what d-ya look like? Body, style of clothng, face, hair etc. Nclude a picture if you want, but I'll still dedawgd a full written description)

First post: (Dis shall be a freshly written text bout tha character you is gong ta be, and dis will likely have a bootylicious nfluence on whethar you'll git a spot or not. Write bout ben at home or arrivng at home and somehow fetchng or gittng tha CHESS gbee package from tha mail. Nclude detailed description of yo home. Mention all of tha thugz and pets livng wit you. Mention all tha hobbies or nterests that you stated above. Also, you will here have tha chance ta display tha personality and hnt at some histary of yo character if you want ta flesh that out befoe we begn tha actual RP. NOTE: do not nstall tha gbee yet.)

ACCEPTED PLAYAS

BARD
Vnnie Valentne by Lt. Col. Fantastic
REGNALDSPRITE - butler Regnald
Chakrbeknd
Cellventary
ROGUE
Penelope Cruz by Retro Bug
CHEERBEARSPRITE - Blue plush bear + pompoms
Ballknd
Purseventary
SMITH
Adrian Smidth by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
JETSPRITE - bunny Jet + potted plant
Hbemerknd
Bagventary
KNIGHT
Odetta Freedawg by Geras32
BURKESTROYERSPRITE - beetle Burke + Arleigh Burke destroyer model
Fishngpoleknd
Lockventary

SOON TA BE DEAD PLAYAS

PRIEST
Libe Drummond by Raikiri
NAVISISSPRITE  - Navi doll + sister
Swordknd
Backventary

DEAD PLAYAS

Spoiler:
KNIGHT
Charlotte Kattsburg by Lidawgya
RUBNSPRITE - Tany Tany plushie + parrot Rubn

Knifeknd: KITCHEN KNIFE

Packventary:
MAGE
Rachel Lee by PsychoJigglypuff
REGLNKSPRITE - Lnk figurne + snake Reggie

Foilknd: PLAN FOIL

Bndventary:

4/13
Old April 17th, 2013 (04:51 AM).
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I iz smart and look fo OOC threads. ANYWAY. I'm nterested. Male Black Rogue sounds fun. Let's reserve me fo that one!

Paired wit tha dawgly Snoopavegita
Old April 17th, 2013 (05:43 AM).
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
I didn't see tha OOC thread when I checked earlier. And I'm gong ta change mah reservation ta a purple, female Mage.

Old April 17th, 2013 (05:45 AM). Edited April 17th, 2013 by Classical Insect.
Classical Insect
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Classical Insect
Quote:
Orignally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Can you reserve me fo yellow (don't know what shade yet), Rogue, and female? :)

Checkmate foever!
Quote:
Orignally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Thanks fo tha nterest homeys :D But dis is just tha IC thread, lackng much nfomation and tha SU sheet even coz those is n tha OOC thread. Which should be n tha Lounge and maybe just gots overlooked, or it disappeisd and I'll have ta resubmit it.

Yo reservations is valid though!

EDIT: tryng ta git Skymn or someone ta see if tha OOC thread is still unapproved n tha Lounge :p I promise thare's more stary and explanations n thare than here so just ignore dis thread fo now, pleaze :p

Ahem, wit that ben said I'm reservng tha yellow, Rogue, and female.

THA EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CISFULWETPANT
Old April 17th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Reservng tha bard and male! And tha color red tao!

Mr. Aladdn sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:02 AM).
adventure
thief of life

Ok everybody calm down :D

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Raikiri View Post
I iz smart and look fo OOC threads. ANYWAY. I'm nterested. Male Black Rogue sounds fun. Let's reserve me fo that one!
You cannot be black or white, just so you know :3 Also, Retro gits dibs on Rogue coz he already posted a reservation n tha IC + he's one of mah old Checkmates ;D So you'll have ta pick KNIGHT or PRIEST. You can be a male though.

Quote:
Orignally Posted by PsychoJigglypuff View Post
I didn't see tha OOC thread when I checked earlier. And I'm gong ta change mah reservation ta a purple, female Mage.
Done!

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Ahem, wit that ben said I'm reservng tha yellow, Rogue, and female.
Done! Glad ta see you're n :D

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Reservng tha bard and male! And tha color red tao!
Ohoho I'm so seeng Vnnie comng back. ;) Done!

4/13
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:30 AM). Edited April 17th, 2013 by Vato.
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
I is fun, I is knd, I is smart, ACCEPT ME! :D

... Anyways ...
Hey, look! Tha OOC fnally showed up!
Can I has a reservation fo Priest wit green? Also, it's a male :3

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like tradng/kickng mah butt on a battle
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Can i reserve a female brown Knight pleaze?
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:54 AM).
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well snce all tha reservations is filled up, I will hang back and let everyone enjoy. Real life will probably git n tha anyway. Good luck everybody.

Paired wit tha dawgly Snoopavegita
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:13 PM).
adventure
thief of life

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Vata View Post
I is fun, I is knd, I is smart, ACCEPT ME! :D

... Anyways ...
Hey, look! Tha OOC fnally showed up!
Can I has a reservation fo Priest wit green? Also, it's a male :3
Consider yoself reserved!

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Lidawgya View Post
Can i reserve a female brown Knight pleaze?
Yes :D

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Raikiri View Post
Well snce all tha reservations is filled up, I will hang back and let everyone enjoy. Real life will probably git n tha anyway. Good luck everybody.
Awh. Sad ta see you go but I'm staked dis went so civil :)

4/13
Old April 17th, 2013 (04:32 PM). Edited April 19th, 2013 by Lt. Col. Fantastic.
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nbee: Vncent (Vnnie) Valentne
Color: Red
Class: BARD

Age: 16 (it really doesn’t matter tao much. If everyone else happens ta be 15 or somethng I’ll probably change it ta 15 coz OCD)
Home: Paris, France (He lives n a grand, four stary château on Chbeps-Élysées)
Fbeily: Vnnie lives wit his affectionate, cool Grand-Mère Shawtylian. He simply calls her Mémé. Thay have an elderly, Brittish butler nbeed Regnald, who is sort of an Alfred ta Vnnie’s batdawg. Vnnie also has a long haired Calico nbeed Rocco. His fur is dark brown, black, and orange-ish. Rocco is notarious fo ben afraid of everythng except Vnnie and cat food.
Thame song: Affection – All beerican Rejects. Such a beautiful and off tha hook song :P

EDIT: Fo more action-y scenes, and fo a better representation of Vnnie's knd of music tha songs Organ Donor by Zomboi or Promises by Nero could be used. I had trouble fndng a song that fit him personality wise but also fit his taste n music, but I couldnt really fnd any techno or dubstep songs wit, you know, meanngful lyrics lol. So thase will be alts I guess. Also I'll probably lnk more songs from time ta time, just fo whenever I feel like a funkier beat is needed haha. Lnks below

Good personality traits: Rideng, Chivalrous, Sociable, Strong Willed (but not ta tha pont of pontless stubbornness), honest
Bad personality traits: A bit full of himself, tends ta freak out n high end situations, paranoid, tao affectionate, overly drbeatic, somewhat lazy (if he doesn't thnk somethng is neccesary, he wont do it)
Nterests and hobbies: Playng JRPGs, RTSs, tha electric guitar, techno music and dubstep. Histary, Rodawgce, girls, Readng realistic fiction (like stuff that doesn’t nvolve tha snoopanatural, but still fiction; i.e. Heart of Darkness or tha Three Musketeers), and Knights (cuirassiers)

Appearance: Vnnie is fairly tall, just under six feet. He has medium length, dark brown curly hair, which knda gives him an afro. Effots ta tbee his hair have been unsuccessful, so he usually just lets it ride. He has slightly tanned skn, more of a genetic trait than an ndicatar of spendng time outside. His handsome face would be covered n hair if it were not fo his daily shavng, somethng he agan can thank his genes. He keeps his beard down ta a mnimum, witout shavng it completely. His eyes is also dark brown, completng tha Mediterranean look. As far as build, he is average. Not extremely muscular, but not a stick eithar. When it comes ta clothng, Vnnie pulls all tha staps. Wit tha wealth enough fo a fbeily of sixteen, Vnnie often fnds himself n tha position ta always buy new clothas. A casual day consists of dark jeans, a V-neck, and a tailored, buttan-up checkered shirt. More fomal occasions call fo nothng less than a full tuxedo, always sportng tha bowtie.

Warnng: picture is huge
Spoiler:
I have two pictures. Tha first is better fo Vnnie’s Haircut, while tha second is closer ta Vnnie’s age.

First post:

Spoiler:

Vnnie Valentne

Tha bell was bout ta rng, and everybody was buzzng wit tha usual pre-dismissal conversation. Rap bout last night’s calculus homework, tha party at Maria’s place on Friday, tha new teacher on E-Wng….but none of it concerned me. I had othar thngs on mah mnd, as usual. Glancng across tha room, I located mah targit. Charlotte. Hot dben was she skanky. I nonchalantly slid mah book bag on as tha bell rang, waitng fo her ta pass befoe I gots up. She smelled like vanilla…

I followed Charlotte at a distance down tha hallway, waitng fo tha opportune moment ta strike. She stapped at a locker and started ta unlock it. I grnned ta mahself. Tao easy. As I started ta close n, a big fellow by tha nbee of Seymour Collns stepped n beside Charlotte and gave her a kiss on tha cheek. He than put his arm around her affectionately.

“Bonjour, Bugginbee Mignon…” I thought I heard him sez as I shifted mah course ta avoid a tran wreck. Dben it. I guess that makes, what? 20 girls now I've eithar broken up wit witn a week or missed completely snce Veronica now? I contnued down tha hallway, dong mah best not ta look embarrassed, even though nobody really knew anythng just happened. If anybody looked at me it would appear mah face just flushed fo no reason.

N mah haste ta flee tha traumatic location, I nearly knocked over mah pal Harrison.

“Whoa!” he said, usng his hand ta keep his balance on tha wall. He blnked n confusion fo a moment and than exclaimed, “Oh, hey Vnnie! What d-ya thnk bout Phantam Pans?" Now it was mah turn ta be confused.

“What? Phantam Pans?” Harrison looked at me n disbelief.

“Mec! Its tha new Metal Gear Solid gbee! Kojima's on board dis time, tao. You should check it out sometime, maybe stap by Le Magasn de Jeu Vidéo…” Sounds nterestng enough, maybe I will check it out.

“Oh, thanks fo tha tip dude. I’ll look nta it. But I gotsta run so seeya later!”

“Alright dude, seeya,” Harrison replied back. We went our separate ways, his of pursuit and mne of escape.

bout an hour later, I walked up ta mah front door. It looked like it was bout ta ran, and tha news foecast called fo lightnng. As I stepped n, Mémé called from tha kitchen, located on tha othar side of tha staircase n front of me, “Did you git tha mail, Vnnie?” She didn’t have ta ask who it was, nobody else cbee ta our hizouse besides us two.

“…..Non,” I grumbled. Droppng mah bag on tha floor, I turned out tha door and ran ta tha mailbox, which was what seemed light-years away. I hurriedly grabbed its contents, and sprnted back tawards tha hizouse. Ran started ta fall. I dawgaged ta make it nside witout gittng tao wet from ran, but tha extra effot of runnng buggine me sweat a bit. I dropped tha mail onta tha coffee table n tha livng room ta tha left of tha door, and somethng fell out. A neatly enclosed envelope, labeled “CHESS” n prnted text that resembled a logo landed at mah feet. Curious. I bent down ta pick it up as lightnng cracked n tha wndow. Rocco darted under tha couch fo cover as thunder followed.

“Scisdy cat,” I teased as I tare open tha envelope. Nside was a CD Case, not unlike a computer gbee, wit tha sbee Logo prnted on tha cover. On tha back, thare were just a few legalities and tha phrase, ‘What is you buggine of?” n English. Cryptic. I opened it up, tearng off tha plastic seal haphazardly, leavng bits and pieces on tha floor. Nside was a leaflet. I quickly closed it back up and picked up mah trash and bookbag. I heezeeed downstairs ta tha “Bat Cave” as Mémé likes ta call it, mah second bedroom. I had stuff ta do; dis can wait.

Once thare I threw mah bookbag on tha bed and mah trash n tha waste basket. Mah room was messy as usual; spis tays such as differently sized Rubik’s cubes and legos littered tha floor. Mah walls were just as messy, wit random drawngs and posters hung astray. It had been months snce Mémé was down here, so I hadn’t necessarily felt tha need ta tidy up. Givng mah suit of armor a fist bump (yes, I have a suit of armor n one of mah rooms), I hoped nta mah desk chair and turned mah computer on. As it was comng ta life, I checked mah phone fo any messages. I sent a message out ta Maria, who I had just broken up wit a few days ago. Thngs were knda hot between me and her at tha moment. I looked up ta fnd mah computer waitng fo me. I typed n mah password and wasted no time sezng “Remnd me n 24 hours” ta tha Java update that was available. I opened up Microsoft word right of tha bat, hopng ta knock out mah Histary paper n an hour or so. It was on medieval times n Eastern Europe, somethng easy. Tha Byzantne Empire was tha easiest choice ta focus on, but I wanted ta takes tha alternate route and look at tha Slavs and tha development of Russia. I settled nta mah work, but tha disaster of taday’s earlier escapade still lngered n tha back of mah mnd. Oh so stupid. Why d-ya always fnd a way ta screw it up wit girls, Vnnie?

A little under an hour later, I stretched mah back, viewng mah paper. I did a quick spell check and prnted it off. As I put mah paper n mah bookbag, I noticed mah sword rack had fallen behnd mah bed. I reached down thare and pulled it back up, followng a second and third time ta retrieve tha now dislodged armbeents. I smiled when I revealed mah prized piece of sweet merch: a replica Revolver Gatblade, just like tha one Squall used n Fnal Fantasy 8. God, his voice actar was so bootylicious n Dissidia. Befoe I could put it back on tha wall, dread filled mah stamach. I heard tha stairs creek.

I knew I didn’t have time ta clean anythng up, so I just buried mah face n mah hands, waitng certan doom. I heard Mémé’s feet make contact wit mah hardwood floor.

“Vnnie!” she scolded, wit an air of disappontment n her voice, “Yo room is an absolute mess!”

“I know….” I guiltily muttered from mah hands. How did she make me feel so guilty so easily? Mah pisnts never buggine me feel bad bout havng a messy room when thay were alive, no matter how dawgy times thay brought it up. But appisntly all Mémé had ta do was acknowledge it once.

“Well,” she said, matter-of-factly, “I expect dis will be cleaned befoe dnner. N tha meantime, I will tell Regnald that he needn’t bothar wit cleanng yo othar room anymore; you will be responsible fo both now.” Wit that, she went back upstairs, makng a tsk, tsk noise as she did.

I groaned, and started ta clean up a bit of tha stuff on tha floor, when I saw tha CHESS case agan. Now was as good a time as ever ta read that leaflet, I supposed. I slouched n an armchair and taok tha leaflet out of tha gbee case, and began readng:

CHESS will challenge Gben as hudawgity knows it…

Create. Destroy. Protect. Explore. Endure. Survive. Kill.

Each word n that last part was a different color.

“Hello, you have been chosen ta participate n CHESS, a feat that will be accredited ta very few ndividuals. CHESS is an nnovative, excitng new computer gbee meant ta revolutionize gben and life as we know it. Brngng you features from popular genres such as Simulation, Role-Playng, Adventure, Action, Strategy, Puzzle, and dawgy more. Each of thase features has been molded and refned ta thair maximum level. Upon nstallng tha gbee, you will enter a world of mahstery and suspense, all while enjoyng tha perfection that is CHESS.”

How ntrigung…

Vnnie is back, baby. :P

Old April 17th, 2013 (09:21 PM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by adventure.
adventure
thief of life

I'll review Vnnie's SU later taday, hopefully ^^ Funky ass ta see you have it up so soon!

As fo now, I'll just change mah color reservation ta blue, ta even thngs out snce we had yellow, red and brown on tap of mah orange :D

EDIT: @ Lt Col - okay. Vnnie is all good and you can actually let stuff be written n tha leaflet or on tha package or somethng - it doesn't even have ta be tha sbee thng written on every copy of tha gbee! Each copy can be somewhat unique, actually.

But, you did not purchase dis gbee. And no NPCs git tha gbee. An anonymous (fo now) sender mailed tha gbee ta each one of tha playas, tha RPers' dawg characters. No othar thugz will receive tha gbee until more playas jon n tha case of dropouts (which I hope won't happen of course!). Thare will be paradox-space reasons fo dis later.

Tald you dis wasn't canon Homestuck n every matter :)

So pleaze change it so that Harrison doesn't know bout tha gbee ^^

4/13
Old April 18th, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Limanya
Page of Breath

oh mah god lt col i read yo su and tha first thng i noticed was charlotte

fyi mah char is gonna be nbeed charlotte B)
Old April 18th, 2013 (09:30 AM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Lt. Col. Fantastic.
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Haha okay red. I figured somethng like that would need ta be changed. I'll fix it tanight!

EDIT: Okay, I fixed it so Harrison and Vnnie is rapng bout te new metal gear nstead of Chess. And also nstead of sezng thanks fo purchasng on tha leaflet it sez "you have been chosen ta..."

Lol lidawgya. Wht a concidence haha

Old April 18th, 2013 (01:27 PM). Edited April 19th, 2013 by adventure.
adventure
thief of life

Obsolete SU draft ^^

Spoiler:
Nbee: Adrian Smidth
Color: Orange
Class: SMITH

Home: Brisbane, Australia
Fbeily: Mothar, fathar and two older twn sisters. Plus six pet bunnies.
Thame song: Swoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA)
Action song: Swoon Boiz Noize Summer Mix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KvAPq9Rphc)

Good personality traits: Alert + Diplomatic + Imagnative + Impulsive
Bad personality traits: Suspicious - Tendency ta worry bout anythng - Low self esteem - ... Impulsive!
Nterests and hobbies: Skateboardng // Roleplayng // Animals. Especially bunnies.

Appearance: Adrian Smidth is around 180cm tall and weighs a bit more than he thnk he should. It's not that he's tha least bit fat really, he just isn't tha least bit sknny eithar. At least him workng on his tan has paid off. His hair is sandy blonde and seems ta have an eternal wavy out-of-bed look. It's not like he puts a lot of effot nta it, tha salty sea breeze just makes his hair look like dis. His eyes is big wit a soft blue color, which does seem gray n daylight but might glebe greenishly n dim light. Eyes you want ta trust. At least until you see how rushed and worried he often gits. Othar than that, his face is friendly and somewhat boiish, wit just tha slightest tnt of a goatee sprngng up. N one of his ears, he wears a golden rng. Mostly ta look cool, and he often fiddles wit it when he's n deep thought or feelng stressed up.

Snce he's an avid skateboarder, his physique is moderately good witout ben really muscular. He's not tha one ta tran fo tha sake of tranng, even though he sometimes worries bout not ben healthy enough. His usual choice of clothng is rathar sknny jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, preferably ones wit bright pastel colors. Fo no particular reason othar than it makes him look strangely confident, which mostly helps himself calm down. Often, he wears gray or beige hood shirts on tap of that.

Dis is, knd of, him, ish:
Spoiler:

First post: (Dis shall be a freshly written text bout tha character you is gong ta be, and dis will likely have a bootylicious nfluence on whethar you'll git a spot or not. Write bout ben at home or arrivng at home and somehow fetchng or gittng tha CHESS gbee package from tha mail. Nclude detailed description of yo home. Mention all of tha thugz and pets livng wit you. Mention all tha hobbies or nterests that you stated above. Also, you will here have tha chance ta display tha personality and hnt at some histary of yo character if you want ta flesh that out befoe we begn tha actual RP. NOTE: do not nstall tha gbee yet.)

Spoiler:
It was wndy, tha day it started. Tha skateboard ride home was unusually tricky coz of tha sudden gusts of air which almost blew Adrian out of course. He cursed under his breath but kept skatng home. He couldn't affod ta look like he gave up, outside on his own street. All tha neighborhood kiddies who believed him ta be a taugh master skater would be pretty disapponted than.

Of course he nstead tripped and almost fell flat foward just n front of his own lane. Quickly, tha young dawg - or old boi? - straightened up and hoped that nobody had seen him while he flustered walked on foot down tha stane path ta tha front door.

Tha hizouse of tha Smidths was pretty large. Tao large, accordng ta Mr Smidth. Far tao shawt, accordng ta tha twns. It was a rathar borng, normal hizouse accordng ta Adrian, wit a dull beige fnish on tha outside and tao much noise on tha nside. It sat drowsily n a long row of similar hizouses on a long street on tha outskirts of Brisbane. Tha front lawns were all tha sbee size and Mrs Smidth competed wit all tha othar hizousewives n tryng ta git thair husbands ta keep it as green and clean as possible while she tended ta tha flowers and trees herself. Adrian often commented on how cluttered thair garden was n comparison wit most othars though. But tha truth was of course that he liked it that way. It buggine his fbeily a bit special, n a way that nobody could blbee him fo.

Tha nstant he opened tha front door, he was met wit tha chatter of tha twns reachng from tha kitchen. Nstant decision ta not go that way.

"Ady!"

"Adro, you gots maail."

Of course thay realized he was home. He hadn't closed tha door quietly enough. Or maybe thay just knew he would be home at dis time. Or maybe it didn't really matter how thay knew it was him. Fo all he knew thay could have been lookng out tha wndow and seen him... Oh gosh. Adrian's face turned red. Seen him trip while skatng! His cover could be blown!

Unwillngly, he dropped his shoulder bag n tha hallway, kickng off his shoes, and went ta greet his older sisters.

"Good afternoon, ladies," he said witout lookng at tham where thay were sittng on barstaols at tha kitchen island. "Where's mail?"

"I didn't know you had joned tha chess club, Adro. Decided ta try and be smart nstead of playng dorky coolhomey?" said tha first sister. She was tha 'oldest' one, even though Adrian was sure that it couldn't really matter when it cbee ta twns. Her hair was long, blonde and straight and she always wore a smug face. Her nbee was Lna.

"Chess! I can actually play chess! Can't I play chess, Lna? I can teach you ta be a master, Ady!" said tha othar sister. Her nbee was Drava. She had grown up ta be a bright counterpart ta her twn, but Adrian knew well that thay were just as evil both of tham. Spawn of tha devil. Speakng of which...

A short but at tha sbee time strangely large wodawg suddenly bursted nta tha room from tha garden through tha back door. Her curly, brown hair had specks of dirt n it and her face had a lot of make up on. Like it always had. A frown was present also, like it also almost always was.

"Why isn't you home befoe now? We're supposed ta go out ta Drava and Lna's dance show tanight, remember? Go git ready already!"

"Um..." All thase lnes were said n rapid succession so Adrian felt more and more stressed as he tried ta figure out what ta really reply. Tha chess part had puzzled him and he had completely fogotsten bout tha show tanight.

Tha episode ended wit an argument between tha brothar and sisters wit tha occasional loud nput from Mrs Smidth. It didn't end until a disturbed and grayish haired Mr Smidth walked nta tha room. He raised his eyebrows, prodded his wide mustache and planly decided that Adrian was grounded and couldn't come ta tha show tanight. Overjoyed, tha brothar hastily picked up his mail and darted upstairs befoe disagreement from tha twns started hailng. Sometimes, Adrian loved that his fathar wasn't tha sharpest taol n tha box.

On tha upper floor was everyone's bedrooms, a large bathroom and a livng room n tha middle of it all.

(will be contnued)

Quote:
oh mah god lt col i read yo su and tha first thng i noticed was charlotte

fyi mah char is gonna be nbeed charlotte B)
Vnnie's gonna hit on her tha moment thay meet :p I like that nbee btw.

Quote:
Haha okay red. I figured somethng like that would need ta be changed. I'll fix it tanight!

EDIT: Okay, I fixed it so Harrison and Vnnie is rapng bout te new metal gear nstead of Chess. And also nstead of sezng thanks fo purchasng on tha leaflet it sez "you have been chosen ta..."

Lol lidawgya. Wht a concidence haha
Works fne now. Vnnie is accepted! Now all you have ta do is patiently wait fo tha rest of us ta fnish ^^ And maybe try ta guess what tha gbee/RP will be like. Ahahah.

4/13
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:17 PM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Works fne now. Vnnie is accepted! Now all you have ta do is patiently wait fo tha rest of us ta fnish And maybe try ta guess what tha gbee/RP will be like. Ahahah.
Hmmm.....maybe I shall do a bit of guessng. I'm gonna guess our friends velociClbeper and tha like will be back...or maybe new homeys of tha sbee type?

Oh and btw, Im tatally gong ta ask hardly relevent questions n OOC agan. You know tha ones like...

Why did you homeys choose yo classes?

;D

no but fo real im gong ta save those fo later. pretend you never saw that bolded text.

Old April 18th, 2013 (06:29 PM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Vato.
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
Just so you know, Red. Proper SU construction from mah part will not come until dis weekend (hopefully), I has tao much homework -.-

Have dis fo now:
Spoiler:
Nbee: Victar de Lancaster
Color: Green
Class: PRIEST [of somethng]

Home: Juisz City, Chihuahua. It's n Mexico, by tha way...
Fbeily: Mothar [divorced from his fathar], two older brothars, a younger sister and three doggs...
Thame Song: Moonsetter :D One of mah favs from tha entire Homestuck bandcbep :3
Battle Song: Chorale fo War.

Good personality traits: Smart.
Virtuoso.
Can easily come up wit a plan.
Bootylicious sense of humor.
Cheerful.
Honest (perhaps a little bit tao honest at times)
Ciss fo othars.
Artistic.

Bad personality traits:
Lazy.
Bad temper.
Overly sarcastic.
Shy.
Tends ta make a hell of a mess out of simple thngs (which is, he tends ta complicate thngs... a lot).
Helps ONLY when convenient.
Selfish
Self-Centered
Most of times rude (but fails ta realize he IS ben rude)
Absent-Mnded.
Cold and Distant.

Nterests and hobbies: (state at least 3 major thngs that you love dong n yo spis time. Be creative!)

Appearance: (what d-ya look like? Body, style of clothng, face, hair etc. Nclude a picture if you want, but I'll still dedawgd a full written description)

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like tradng/kickng mah butt on a battle
Old April 18th, 2013 (07:09 PM).
Classical Insect
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Classical Insect
Yeah, unfotunately I fogots that I was knda snoopa busy dis week wit University stuff. I shall have mah post done by Saturday Night, which is probably like Sunday Mornng/Afternoon fo you RHCP. I hope that's okay?

THA EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CISFULWETPANT
Old April 18th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
adventure
thief of life

Quote:
Hmmm.....maybe I shall do a bit of guessng. I'm gonna guess our friends velociClbeper and tha like will be back...or maybe new homeys of tha sbee type?

Oh and btw, Im tatally gong ta ask hardly relevent questions n OOC agan. You know tha ones like...

Why did you homeys choose yo classes?

;D

no but fo real im gong ta save those fo later. pretend you never saw that bolded text.
From what tha plot looks like now, it would be difficult ta nclude VC or tha likes. But we shall see ;)

Also, I chose mah class coz I somewhat ended up tailorng it fo a character that could do unexpected thngs or lead tha way n tha RP sometimes, n case you othars don't really know what ta do now and than ^^ I thnk mah character could have fit well as a Knight or Mage tao.

Quote:
Orignally Posted by Vata View Post
Just so you know, Red. Proper SU construction from mah part will not come until dis weekend (hopefully), I has tao much homework -.-

Good personality traits: Smart.
Virtuoso.
Can easily come up wit a plan.
Bootylicious sense of humor.
Cheerful.
Honest (perhaps a little bit tao honest at times)
Ciss fo othars.
Artistic.

Bad personality traits:
Lazy.
Bad temper.
Overly sarcastic.
Shy.
Tends ta make a hell of a mess out of simple thngs (which is, he tends ta complicate thngs... a lot).
Helps ONLY when convenient.
Selfish
Self-Centered
Most of times rude (but fails ta realize he IS ben rude)
Absent-Mnded.
Cold and Distant.
Okay, well you can't keep all of thase good/bad traits coz some is contradictng :p

If he is cheerful, I doubt he's cold and distant. If he ciss fo othars, it's strange that he's self-centered or at least selfish. I git tha feelng of two opposite thugz here so pleaze slim tha words down ta fit better tagithar ^^

@ Retro - okay!

4/13
Old April 19th, 2013 (11:03 AM). Edited April 20th, 2013 by Limanya.
Limanya
Page of Breath

Is it okay fo me ta put dis here fo now? Tha first post isn't done yet, but i wanted ta have tha rest here XD

Nbee: Charlotte Kattsburg
Color: Brown
Class: Knight

Home:

Hbeburg, Gerdawgy. Tha hizouse is an average sized one, but wit a notably large garden. Tha garden is mostly buggine up of a big lawn, bordered wit plants and bushes, and surrounds tha entire hizouse. At tha backside of tha hizouse is a door ta tha lawn, although it can be entered at tha front side tao. If you enter tha garden via tha backside, a terrace is thare wit stane stairs leadng down ta tha actual lawn. Thare is also a trbepolne and a swng set at that side.

Fbeily: Sister nbeed Iris, 'Mutti' nbeed Elise, four parrots nbeed beethyst, Smaragd, Saphir and Rubn.

Thame song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGcl0WuCr8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_hUuLQ8CVY

Good personality traits:

Charlotte is a creative knd of person, often comng up wit good ideas if her usual method of solvng somethng does not work. Her creativity also has caused her passion fo playng tha flute, but it does not have any effects on her skill. She is also quite ntelligent, especially on tha subject of languages, learnng multiple languages at tha sbee time. She could speak fluent English when she was only eight years old, even though her dawg language is Gerdawg. She has impressed dawgy thugz wit her skills, even havng gone as far as only speakng English fo one day when she was ten years old. Anothar thng that eithar may have caused or has been caused coz of her ntelligence is her impressive memory. She easily remembers tha shawt details of thngs that have happened a long time ago. Her memory is mostly useful fo tests, coz she is able ta start studyng fo it only two days befoe tha test and still git good grades. Charlotte often uses her ntelligence ta impress thugz by usng her extensive vocabulary and thus gan what she wants, while she only has ta make thugz thnk she is tha smarter one.

Bad personality traits:

Charlotte has a tendency ta quickly burst out nta rage fits, which often takes a while fo her ta stap. Thase can be triggered by somethng as simple as thngs not quite gong tha way she likes. Sometimes she just gits really annoyed by thngs, but if she gits angry after that tha ragng becomes worse. Thase tantrums vary, from screben, keymashng and cursng ta literally flippng tables. Also, she is quite aggressive, even when not enraged. Often her first idea will be brute foce, and dis has gotsten her n quite a few fights. She also is a bit lazy wit tha thngs she needs ta do, only dong tha bis mnimum and gittng othars ta do her work fo her. She usually starts those thngs at tha very last moment, which is a large risk fo her and tha othars nvolved n it. Charlotte is quite dawgipulative, lyng and sometimes even blackmailng ta git whatever she wants.

Nterests and hobbies:

Charlottes dawg nterest is birds. Specifically parrots, although she is quite tha fan of othar birds tao. Fo dis reason, she keeps four parrots at home which Charlotte likes ta consider her most prized possession. She also owns several books bout how ta keep and cis fo tham, but most books bout birds that she owns contan nfomation on a miscellaneous selection of birds. Anothar nterest Charlotte has is playng tha flute. She has been on flute lesson snce a year, although she wanted ta learn how ta play it snce she was nne years old. Charlotte has one at home which she gots from her grandmothar shortly befoe she passed away, but she risly plays it and uses tha cheap one her mothar bought fo her. Every Wednesday she goes ta her flute lessons. Her fnal big nterest is playng video gbees, a thng she considers very normal fo any teenager. She owns various platfoms, although she has takesn a likng ta handhelds. She has a large box of gbees at home, and most of tham is RPGs, but she also owns several othar genres. She risly plays gbees on her computer, but she enjoys MMORPGs and othar multiplayer gbees.

Appearance:
Charlotte is a little bit taller than tha average person of her age, but still leanng more tawards tha normal than tha extreme. She is a bit on tha chubby side, and relatively flat-chested. Her hair reaches ta her shoulders, and is colored golden blond. Although her mothar prefers her ta wear a ponytail, Charlotte often disobeys and keeps her hair tha way it is: slightly wavy wit only tny bangs. Her eyes is brown, and thare is a few light freckles around her nose. Charlotte wears glasses, which she often cleans. She utterly dislikes make-up and never wears any. Tha sbee goes fo jewellery. Her clothng style consists of mostly black, but she sometimes wears brighter clothas. Her favourite outfit is buggine out of a black vest, a black shirt and jeans that is only slightly dbeaged. She only has two pairs of shoes, black boots and blue shoes. She only risly wears tha black boots fo she bootyliciously prefers tha blue ones.

First post:

Spoiler:
Charlotte sighed. Her flute lessons shouldn't be dis long. Yet thay were. Oh, what thngs she was prepisd ta do fo just one skill! She closed her eyes fo a moment ta be able ta listen better. Tha othar thugz around her were playng at tha sbee time, but some of tham played entirely different thngs. It all caused an orchestra of chaos. She opened her eyes agan, and looked around. Tha room she was n was quite empty, wit only a few othars n a large room. Tha lack of othar thngs didn't really help eithar. So she just stisd at tha bright red floor fo a mnute. Maybe it was two mnutes. Maybe even three. Charlotte couldn't tell. So she just sat thare, and waited.

"Class is over!"

Suddenly, those words boomed through tha chbeber. Charlotte was n an nstant pulled away from her little starng contest wit tha floor, and let out and even deeper sigh than befoe. Dis one, however, was a sigh of relief. She taok her bag, put her flute back n tha wooden box where it belonged and put tha box n her bag. Than, Charlotte bended over and grabbed tha papers that were under tha table. She all put tham nta a dark red folder which she also put nta her bag. As she kicked tha wooden chair she was sittng on ta tha corner witout rideng bout tha fact that she could also just git scolded at, she slung tha bag over her shoulder and walked out of tha room. She stapped fo a moment. She could eithar takes tha elevatar or go down tha stairs. But she really wasn't feelng like walkng down all those stairs, so she simply wandered nta tha elevatar and waited fo it ta takes her down ta an height she could actually walk out and not fall ta her death. When she was downstairs, she walked outside, although tha sun was burnng n her eyes.

She started walkng. Tha streets were quite empty, unlike most othar days. Usually thare were rides everywhere. But than agan, she didn't exactly live n tha most well-known or populated part of Hbeburg. It was a big city, and thare were lots of places she had yet ta visit. However, she'd gladly do that anothar day. Coz dis day was not a good day, addng up flute lessons, boilng hot sun and general tiredness. Fotunately, it only was a short way ta her home, where she could relax all she wanted.

"Charlotte!"

Dis voice sounded all tao fbeilliar ta her. What was she dong out her? Oh well, Iris had always been a bit puzzlng ta her.

"Iris, why is you here?"

Her sister only chuckled, but stapped and started wavng a bit. Now she was standng on tha othar side of tha street, rideryng what seemed ta be two large bags.

"Just answer me already, dbemit!" Charlotte screbeed, gittng slightly annoyed. She ran over ta tha othar side, payng only little attention ta tha slight chance of a ride passng. "Now agan, Iris, why is you here?" she said ta her little sister. "Well, Mutti said i should go and buy some stuff. Why is you here?" she said, imitatng Charlottes voice at tha end. Charlotte growled a bit. "Iris, stap that. You know i hate it when thugz imitate me. You know why? Coz thay always git it wrong. And ta answer tha question you probably already knew tha answer ta, flute lessons." she said, her voice soundng even more annoyed wit every word. "Oh. OK! Also, Mutti said tha gbees you bought is n tha mailbox now! Heeheehee!"

Iris was smilng brightly, which would have buggine Charlotte slap her if she didn't come wit tha good news. Charlotte paused. "Really?" she asked, wonderng if it was just some stupid trick. "Yes!" Iris cheerfully replied. "Oh well, gots nothng ta lose." Charlotte than muttered. Just as she fnished her sentence, she darted off while shoutng somethng that could vaguely be discerned as "GBEES! HERE I COME!"

As she stapped and staod n front of tha mailbox while breathng heavily, she thought fo a moment. Which one would she play first? What would she do if one of tha gbees wasn't fun enough? She calmed down slowly. That would be somethng ta thnk, and maybe be angry bout later. She opened tha mailbox and taok everythng n it witout lookng. Happness slowly started ta fill her usually grumpy mnd as she walked tawards tha door. Even though she had a key wit her, she just bonked on tha door. She could hear tha footsteps her Mutti was makng while walkng on tha tiles n tha little hallway from tha entrance ta tha livng room. As soon as she had opened tha door, Charlotte rushed nside. After gong through tha tny hallway she cbee n tha dnng room, which actually was more a central room. A large wooden table sat n tha middle, and often her Mutti would nvite her fbeily ta come over fo an - often huge - dnner. Suddenly, tha hizouse also becbee more welcomng compisd ta tha hallway. It was likely that tha wooden floor and ridepet played a huge role n dis, as well as tha fact that it connected ta a lot of tha othar rooms n tha hizouse. Charlottes Mutti walked back ta tha livng room, where she just went ta lie on tha rathar comfy sofa and watch T-VIZZLE. Charlotte, nstead, walked tha othar way. She cbee nta a long hallway wit not a tiled or wooden floor, but one wit a deliciously soft ridepet. Dis was basically tha 'room' wit tha most othar connctions, connectng ta tha attic, tha bathroom and tha three bedrooms. She walked nta her own room and closed tha door. She than just proceeded ta sit down on her bed and exbene tha package. Or, as she only just had noticed, packages. How odd. Was thare some sort of accident? Was thare some kid now who was cryng bout not gittng his gbees? Charlotte couldn't cis less. It only meant she gots extra gbees! One of tha packages was just a normal box, but tha othar one was colored pitch black wit colorful designs on it. Strangely enough, it wasn't tha normal design and even stranger, it was adressed ta her. She was just dyng ta open it. But suddenly...

"CHARLOTTE!"

"What d-ya want? Can't you hear i'm busy?"

Ugh. Charlotte was clearly not staked wit dis. She could almost open tha package, but her Mutti just had ta nterrupt. She put tha package down and walked tawards tha livng room, only ta see Mutti rollng around on tha couch wit her parrots flyng around her. "Charlotte, PLEAZE. Git those dben birds away!" she screbeed. Now Charlotte was angry. "Those isn't just 'dben birds'! Those is beautiful, elegant parrots, and thay have nbees! Call tham by it!" she said, her voice rathar clearly soundng angry. "Mhm. Okay. Git beethyst, Smaragd, Saphir and Rubn away coz thay're yo birds, i mean parrots, and I let you have tham if you would be responsible and cis properly fo tham. So pleaze git tham away and stap comdawgdng me coz you're mah daughter, not tha othar way around." Elise said quite calmah. "Pfft, fne. Jerk." Charlotte said quite softly, which was followed by an "Oi!" by her Mutti. She buggine a sign wit her hands, and tha four parrots all stapped and sat on tha table. Than, when Charlotte left tha room, thay all followed her ta tha large cage n her sister's bedroom. Coz her own room didn't have enough space, wit her bookcase, desk, bed, and tha rest of her stuff takng up all room, she decided ta move tha cage ta anothar room. Which, of course, was Iris' room. It was a rathar uncommon show of trust, especially fo Charlotte. She let tha four parrots fly nta it and closed tha cage.

She walked back ta her own room, relieved that she was done and excited ta open tha package. She closed tha door and sat down on her bed agan. Witout any furthar thoughts, she opened tha normal package and spread tha contents out on her bed. Everythng she had ordered. Good. But tha most excitng part would come now, tha black package. Charlotte opened it and found one case nside. Tha first thng she noticed was tha colorful design, and tha big letters spellng out 'CHESS'. She sighed. Chess? That could eithar be some fancy version of that everythng-but-fancy boardgbee or just a stupid acronym. However, she wanted ta try it out first. She checked out tha rest of tha box and found nothng but a leaflet. On it was written some text, which looked quite promisng.

"Hello, you have been chosen ta participate n CHESS, a feat that will be accredited ta very few ndividuals. CHESS is an nnovative, excitng new computer gbee meant ta revolutionize gben and life as we know it. Brngng you features from popular genres such as Simulation, Role-Playng, Adventure, Action, Strategy, Puzzle, and dawgy more. Each of thase features has been molded and refned ta thair maximum level. Upon nstallng tha gbee, you will enter a world of mahstery and suspense, all while enjoyng tha perfection that is CHESS."

Now that was somethng. She turned tha case over, hopng ta fnd more details on tha back of tha box. Tha only thng she saw was some quite mahsterious but nterestng text.

"✜ If a PLAYER is slan, tha KISS has ta be given ta tha corpse and tha DREBESELF will come alive.
✜ If a PLAYER wit a dead DREBESELF is slan, tha player enters tha AFTERLIFE."

Player, kiss, drebeself, moons, afterlife. She couldn't even thnk straight anymore due ta sheer excitement. It appeisd ta be a gbee unlike any othar, so she opened tha case and taok tha CD that was nside out. A computer gbee, huh? Charlotte walked tawards her computer and put tha CD n it. Oh, dis was gong ta be bootylicious.
Old April 19th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
adventure
thief of life

Quote:
Is it okay fo me ta put dis here fo now? Tha first post isn't done yet, but i wanted ta have tha rest here XD
Looks good so far! You may put up what you've gots and fill it n later, I did that tao ^^ Just let me know when you is done so that I won't miss it.

I notice tha three of us so far have ncluded pets. ;);) Dis can be a good thng. Defnitely. Coz thare is a certan thng happenng n Act "0" where a pet fits really well. You may also do it witout a pet. But. Most thugz is tao cool ta have any dead fbeily members layng around n convenient urns, right?

4/13
Old April 19th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Oh poo, Lidawgya's post just remimded me. I fogots ta mention that Vnnie plays tha electric guitar. Ill just sorta stick that n his nterests if nobody mnds....

@Vata: Funky ass song! Moonsetter is tha better Sunslbemer, IMO. But nothng can tauch Coolkid or Clockstapper Fuschia ruler is pretty cool tao, and Orange Hat. (okay im gonna stap now or we'll be here fo ages)

Old April 19th, 2013 (03:05 PM). Edited May 11th, 2013 by adventure.
adventure
thief of life

.personal specifications
✜ Nbee: Adrian Smidth
✜ Gender: Male
✜ Color: Green
✜ Class: SMITH
✜ Age: 15
.home situation
% Hizouse:
Just anothar squis shaped two staries hizouse plus a basement and an overly tended ta garden on a long, dull street n Brisbane, Australia. Tha outer walls is white but blue color lnes tha wndows.
On tha bottam floor is a big hallway wit a staircase, a huge livng room, a kitchen, a water closet and a room where Mrs Smidth keeps a lot of junk, as Adrian puts it.
On tha upper floor is three bedrooms, a bigger bathroom and a shawter livng room.
N tha basement is a room wit washng machnes, a room wit garden taols and stuff and a door leadng ta tha garden via shawt stairs outside, as well as a room where Mr Smidth keeps a lot of junk, as Adrian once agan puts it.

% Fbeily:
Mothar, fathar and two older twn sisters. Plus a pet bunny.
.leitmotif
# General thame:
Crystalanthology (http://homestuck.bandcbep.com/track/crystalanthology)
.good personality traits
+ Alert
Adrian is never really lazy, dozng off or easy ta sneak by or lie ta. Coupled wit his suspicion, dis makes him a person who is as good as always ready ta git gong and takes action.
+ Diplomatic
Adrian seekng approval from othars has developed nta him strivng ta make peace between othars whenever thare is dispute, ta try and make everyone staked. He really doesn't like gittng nta verbal fights.
+ Wild and rapid imagnation
One way of dealng wit unhappness wit oneself is ta flee nta imagnary worlds nside yo mnd. Adrian does dis a lot and is tharefoe "traned" ta see unpredictable possibilities where othars see hopelessness.
.bad personality traits
- Suspicious
Snce he sometimes fakes his own ntentions and nterests, Adrian has become suspicious of that othars might do tha sbee. He thus has a bit of trouble trustng thugz, even if acts friendly on most occasions.
- Tendency ta worry bout anythng
Thare might not be any scientific explanation fo it, but Adrian gits easily stressed up and worries bout thngs that is bout ta happen, or just might happen. Luckily, dis doesn't make him narrow mnded but rathar heightens his alertness more.
- Low self esteem
What it all boils down ta. Adrian has grown up as a friend ta some really rad dudes but as a teenager he has troubles when he begns ta realize that his nterests isn't really tha sbee as thairs. He wonders if thare is somethng wrong wit him and does his best ta keep up tha belief that he is really one of tha cool skater dudes and not a drebey snoopaherogeeky bunny lover.
.nterests and hobbies
¤ Skateboardng
Dis is one of those thngs he has been dong foever. He used ta be really bootylicious at dawgueverng tha board, but ever snce he started doubtng himself and if he really was as cool as he acted around his friends, tha board hasn't really been cooperatng...
¤ Snoopaheroes
N younger days, he and his friends used ta read comic books and collect tays tagithar, but now tha othars have put that behnd tham. Adrian wished that he had tao, but he still keeps his figurnes and action tays on shelves n his room. He has watched every snoopahero movie and is fascnated by thair staries and powers. Especially Thor. Who was also a god. Just, wow.
¤ Animals, especially bunnies
Adrian likes most animals, but his mothar is afraid of cats and his sisters dislike doggs and his fathar doesn't thnk animals witout fur is worth havng so a couple of years ago thay gots a bunny fo tha boi ta shut him up. He is black and nbeed Jet. He has long ears and large feet and is somewhat of a jerk and annoyng at times. At othar times, he is Adrian's shoulder ta cry on.
¤ Playng tha drums
A little under a year ago when Adrian's feelngs were bout ta boil over, his sisters were unexpectedly friendly and hnted that thair dancng was partially ta takes thair mnd off troublng thngs and that he should try ta learn an nstrument or somethng. Adrian bought some bongo drums and later gots a whole drumset on his birthday. Tha whole Smidth fbeily has snce regretted dis, coz even if playng does make Adrian more relaxed, he isn't really bearable ta listen ta yet.
.appearance
Adrian Smidth is around 180cm tall and weighs a bit less than his mothar thnks he should. He's defnitely closer ta ben sknny than ben tha least bit fat. His hair is sandy blonde and seems ta have an eternal wavy out-of-bed look. It's not like he puts a lot of effot nta it, tha salty sea breeze just makes his hair look like dis. His eyes is big wit a soft blue color, which does seem gray n daylight but might glebe greenishly n dim light. Eyes you want ta trust. At least until you see how rushed and worried he often gits. Othar than that, his face is friendly and somewhat boiish, wit just tha slightest tnt of a goatee sprngng up. N one of his ears, he wears a golden rng. Mostly ta look cool, and he often fiddles wit it when he's n deep thought or feelng stressed up.

Snce he's an avid skateboarder, his physique is moderately good witout ben really muscular. He's not tha one ta tran fo tha sake of tranng, even though he sometimes worries bout not ben healthy enough. His usual choice of clothng is rathar sknny jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, preferably ones wit bright pastel colors. Fo no particular reason othar than it makes him look strangely confident, which mostly helps himself calm down. Often, he wears gray or beige hood shirts on tap of that.

Dis is, knd of, him, ish. But Adrian has a softer face n mah mnd:
Spoiler:
.first post
Spoiler:
Adrian woke up wit a gasp. He had been dreben somethng really strange. Agan. Argh, he usually daydrebeed so much that his sleep was relatively drebeless but durng tha last week... He just didn't know. He fogots what it was really bout mere mnutes after wakng up though.

When his focus adjusted and he could see clearly, he was met wit a big, furry face starng at him from on tap of his chest. Anothar gasp followed by a rapid ascent nta sittng position.

"Jet," Adrian acknowledged wit a sigh while tha big, black bunny jumped off him and onta anothar part of tha couch. "Was I sleepng n tha couch agan?"

"You gots home, sighed loudly and than just knd of gots stuck thare!" a girly voice cbee from tha hallway. Adrian leaned his heezee ta tha side as she walked n. After livng wit tham fo 15 years, he could differentiate between his twn sisters wit a blndfold on. Dis was Drava, tha cheerful one. She often had blonde her hair n two pigtails anyways, while her sister Lna usually had a ponytail.

"And you didn't wake me?"

"I wouldn't want ta disturb yo beautysleep, dear brothar!" Drava giggled as she cbee ta a stap n front of tha hallway mirror, visible from tha couch n tha livng room.

"What is you dong? Is you gong somewhere? What day is it?" Adrian asked, rubbng his heezee and gittng up, tryng ta wake up properly. "What time is it even?"

"It's 5 o'clock n tha mornng on a beautiful summer's day!" Drava responded cheerfully. "We're leavng ta tran fo tha big dance competition, don't you remember? It's on wednesday."

"Oh," was Adrian's only response as he stumbled past her nta tha kitchen. Lna was thare, sippng on her cup of black coffee all fnished already.

"Stay out of trouble while we and dad and mum is gone," she said simply.

Adrian nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Don't I always?"

"No."

Tha twns left tha hizouse befoe tao long, leavng Adrian alone wit Jet and tha sunrise. It was really so early that thugz on tha othar side of tha world should still be bout dong thair sunlight evenng busness on tha previous date. Ugh. If thare were thugz he didn't bothar kissng up ta, it was defnitely his sisters. Or his pisnts. Or both. His whole fbeily. If he had only gotsten some brothars nstead. Than he might be more normal...

"Jet, d-ya thnk I should stap tryng?" he asked his bunny. Jet just stisd out tha wndow. It wasn't as if Adrian expected an answer. He often raped ta Jet witout tha bunny rapng back. It was cool. It was tha pet way. Tha boi lazily bit nta a breakfast sandwich that tha twns had left layng around and followed Jet's gaze out through tha wndow.

A little light poked his eye. A mnor reflection n somethng from tha earliest rays of tha sun. It was tha swngy thngy on tha mailbox down on tha street. What is those even called? Anyways, tha red swngy thngy was up, signalng that thare was new mail. Huh, new mail? Dis early? Postmen must really have a hard job.

Wit Jet n his arms, Adrian walked out ta git tha mail and put tha swngy... thngy down agan. Thare was only one thng thare, a package tha size of a book. Adressed ta him. Strange, he hadn't ordered anythng. Maybe some elaborate advertisement trick? He surely wouldn't fall fo it, n that case!

He walked directly up tha stairs now, stridng across tha livng isa nta his own room where he put Jet down on his bed and began openng tha little package. Tearng apart tha brown cover paper revealed a blue and red and white box, dvd size. It was a gbee. A computer gbee. That much was clear. Tha front picture glebeed when he tilted it, a shny holographic. Tha word CHESS was prnted wit black letters on tha white background just below tha drbeatic picture.

"Chess? Oh boi, dis is so a trick. Who wants ta play chess on a computer? It's dull enough wit a board and pieces!"

He threw tha gbee on tha bed beside Jet and sat down n front of his desk, bootng up his computer anyways. While it was startng, he looked around his room. His old, squis shaped room n which he had been stuck fo so dawgy days of his life. Not coz he couldn't leave but coz he hadn't wanted ta. Some days. N here, he could be himself. Just him and Jet and Thor and his fantasies. Purely nnocent fantasies, but still nfnitely silly and dorky and childish. Nothng he would ever tell anyone bout. When othars cbee around ta his place and saw all his snoopahero stuff that littered tha shelves along one wall of tha room, he just laughed it off n a cool way and blbeed nostalgia. It always worked.

His drum set had its own place between tha desk and tha bed. No dust on that, he played almost daily. Stress relief, plus he was quite certan that he was gittng rathar good at it by now. Randomly on tha floor n tha middle of tha room lay, beside a few dirty socks, one of his skateboards. Dis particular one, he hadn't used fo a while. It was more advanced than tha one he rode daily now, coz he had switched ta tha simpler one when he was startng ta git out of tune wit skateboardng... Not that it had helped. N a corner, dusty by now, still staod his half plastic half metal replica of Thor's hbemer. Mjölnir. So cool. Light enough fo him ta lift and even swng. But he hadn't done that fo a long time now. Maybe he was fnally growng out of thase dawgners? He could only hope.

On tap of tha bed sheets, Jet nibbled silently on a corner of tha CHESS gbee's box.

"No! Jet, you dork!" Adrian grabbed tha CHESS gbee box and pulled it away focefully from tha ndifferent bunny. "Is you so nerdy that you have ta eat tha gbee?"

He looked it over. Not much dbeage. Likely, Jet was just bored and not hungry. Why Adrian would be so worried bout his pet swallowng some advertisement was beyond himself, yet... Well, taday he would be alone and rathar bored and he didn't want ta start wit tha chores he had been given yet so...

Unpackng tha box earned him a dvd case and... No it was a CD case even. Who still used CDs nowadays when Bluray existed and all? It wasn't just advertisement, it was bad advertisement! Thare was also a leaflet.

"Hello, you have been chosen ta participate n CHESS, a feat that will be accredited ta very few ndividuals. CHESS is an nnovative, excitng new computer gbee meant ta revolutionize gben and life as we know it. Brngng you features from popular genres such as Simulation, Role-Playng, Adventure, Action, Strategy, Puzzle, and dawgy more. Each of thase features has been molded and refned ta thair maximum level. Upon nstallng tha gbee, you will enter a world of mahstery and suspense, all while enjoyng tha perfection that is CHESS."

Perfection? Adrian leaned his heezee a bit and looked at tha cover of tha box agan. Thare was more text thare, shawt text that he had overlooked befoe.
"✜ If a PLAYER is slan, tha KISS has ta be given ta tha corpse and tha DREBESELF will come alive.
"Okay... Dis doesn't sound like tha worst thng ever actually!" Adrian said wit a smile. All he really had ta worry bout was if thare was a virus or trojan or somethng n tha files. Dis could be a very elaborate ploy ta steal stuff on his computer. Not that thare was much worth stealng thare apart from a few pretty good fanfics that he had doodled tagithar years ago and hadn't had tha heart ta delete. Plus, he had a good antivirus progrbe. He should be safe, right?

Just ta be on tha even safer side, he gizoogled CHESS first. But thare was nothng bout a computer gbee like dis. Only computer simulations of normal chess, which dis didn't really sound like. He furrowed his brow and looked over at Jet, who stisd back wit a little 'huff'.

"I'll just have ta takes a chance," Adrian said. Chances was somethng he wasn't really comfotable wit. Thay were unpredictable and unreliable. Yet, he was ben a puss fo not darng ta takes tham more often, so dis would not be one of those times. He nserted tha CD nta tha computer.

4/13
Old April 19th, 2013 (04:20 PM). Edited April 22nd, 2013 by PsychoJigglypuff.
PsychoJigglypuff
Crazy and Loving It!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Nbee: Rachel Lee
Color: Purple
Class: Mage

Home: A shawt hizouse n Queens, NY.
Fbeily: Mothar, fathar, and pet ball python nbeed Reggie.
Thame song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfPvJQAaIE

Good personality traits: Rachel is a girl who loves ta entertan othars, and is pretty good at cheerng thugz up. She never takess herself tao seriously. She is a bootylicious improviser, so she can adapt ta new situations fairly well. Her mnd is creative and clever, so she can come up wit unusual answers ta taugh problems. She doesn't discrimnate, and treats everyone as ndividuals.

Bad personality traits: Rachel always wants ta be acknowledged, not necessarily n tha spotlight, but she prefers ta be, and she gits irritated if she's ignored. She also has a hard time ben honest bout her emotions, both ta othars and herself. She procrastnates on everythng, even thngs she enjoys. She is an awful swimmer, and has an irrational fear of geese.

Nterests and hobbies: Rachel's dawg passion is thaatre. She's been actng ever snce elementary school, and even though it started out as shawt class skits, her love fo it rideried through ta bigger perfodawgces. While all genres of thaatre appeal ta her, she adores musical comedy. She also just likes music n general, not rideng what genre it is. While she can sng pretty well, she doesn't play any nstruments, unless you count tha kazoo. She also enjoys all types of fiction, whethar it is a mahstery novel, a sci-fi movie, or magical girl anime. She plays gbees as well, and while it’s usually board gbees, she does enjoy RPGs. Tha only sport she participates n is fencng, and while she's not that bootylicious at it, she still does it coz it’s cool.

Appearance: Rachel is a third generation beerican-born Chnese, so while she looks Asian, she doesn't really thnk of herself as such. She has long black hair that reaches her mid back. She typically keeps it tied up n a bun ta keep it out of tha way. Her skn is tan, and usually doesn't burn, but can if she isn't cisful. Her eyes is brown, but she likes wearng colored contacts. Her body and height is pretty average, standng at 5'3 and weighng 130 lbs. She only wears make up and jewelry fo costumes and special occasions. Her typical attire is pretty borng, snce Rachel doesn't try ta look fashionable. It's essentially just T-shirts and blue jeans wit a light jacket, but when tha weathar is cold, she likes ta wear turtlenecks and oversized pullover hoodies. She wears tha sbee pair of black sneakers every day, usually wit colorful socks.

Spoiler:

First post:

Spoiler:
“Alright, that’s all fo taday! You homeys is dismissed.”

Everyone sighed n relief. It was a long tech rehearsal, but thay somehow dawgaged ta survive. Tha show was comng up soon, so everyone was gittng stressed out. However, thare was one girl who still looked peppy.

“Dawg, I’m so excited! Openng night is on Friday! I’m so pumped!” Rachel cheered, flexng her arms.

“At least you’re excited bout it.” Her friend Mike groaned. “I’ve gots some big tests that week and I won’t have any time ta study wit thase late rehearsals.”

“Pfft, studyng. Who needs that?” She replied. “You can worry bout that borng stuff after tha Sunday show. Just relax and enjoy yoself!”

“I don’t know if I can git away wit that. I’m already behnd n mah classes from dis musical…”

“You just gotsta believe, Mike.” She placed her hand on his shoulder. “Believe n tha Rachel that believes n you!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

Thay both walked out of tha thaater and nta tha parkng lot, where rides were waitng ta pick kids up. Rachel’s mothar could be seen n her little silver ride, rapng on her cell phone.

“Well, it looks like mah ride is here. See you tamorrow, Mike.” She walked over ta tha ride, and waved her hand at Mike.

“See ya.” He gave a wave back and smiled.

Rachel opened tha ride door and gots n tha front seat. Her mothar was still on tha phone.

“Oh, mah daughter’s here now. I’ll call you back later, alright? Bye!” She fnished up her call and turned ta face Rachel. “So, how was practice, honey?”
“It was okay. Long and tedious, but that’s ta be expected. Tha show is dis weekend, after all.” Rachel shrugged. “How was work?”

“Well, it started out alright, but Jerry would not stap complanng bout tha broken vendng machne. I swear he’s tha only one who uses it anyway. Nothng but candy n thare. He’s a grown dawg, an accountant, and he still behaves like a child. Why, just tha othar day…”

Rachel’s mom proceeded ta rap bout office drbea fo tha rest of tha drive home, but her daughter didn’t mnd. Her mothar always had bootylicious staries ta tell. As thay pulled nta tha driveway, Rachel noticed a package on tha front door.

“Ooh, is that fo me? Has mah birthday come early dis year?” Rachel nquired playfully.

“I don’t know. I don’t remember orderng anythng.” She parked tha ride, and gots out ta look at tha package. “Well I can’t tell what it is, but we’ll just open it once we git nside.”

Rachel eagerly grabbed tha package as her mothar unlocked tha shawt, one-stary hizouse.

“We’re home!” She announced as she entered tha buildng. It was dimly lit wit tha dawg source of light comng from tha livng room. Tha televizzle was on, playng some sort of drbea, while her dad was asleep on tha couch. Rachel smiled. He must have had a long day at tha clnic.

Makng sure not ta wake him up, thay sneaked nta tha kitchen and turned on tha light. Tha teen eagerly opened tha package ta fnd what appeisd ta be a gbee box, labeled CHESS. She frowned. While chess was funky ass and all, she was expectng it ta be more excitng. Still, tha box seemed rathar fancy, so maybe thare was some potential.

After havng a quick bite ta eat, she heezeeed back through tha livng room ta tha othar end of tha hallway where tha bedrooms were. Her own room was littered wit stuff. Her fencng outfit was strewn on tha floor, books were lyng n piles on desks, and her bed sheets were tangled tagithar n a giant ball of cloth. Her pet snake was chillng n his tank as usual.

“Hey thare, Reggie~ Momma’s home!” She said, coong at him. “Who’s a skanky snakey? You is!”

After feedng tha ball python, she pulled out her desk chair, opened up her laptap, and put on her heezeephones so she could sng along ta tha various soundtracks she had accumulated on her hard drive. However, tha gbee box buggine her curious. Thare had ta be somethng more ta it than just chess. Openng tha box, it only had a leaflet and a CD nside. She pulled out tha shawt piece of paper and read its contents.

“Hmm. Wasn’t expectng that.” She looked back at tha cover agan ta see more writng. She could have sword it wasn’t thare befoe.

“Huh. Well, I might as well try dis gbee out. It seems pretty neat, actually.” She taok out tha CD and put it n her disk drive, not knowng what lay aheezee fo her.

Old April 20th, 2013 (03:50 AM). Edited April 20th, 2013 by adventure.
adventure
thief of life

I notice three out of four of us so far have put "creative" or "imagnative" as a good personality trait. I just want you ta keep n mnd ta make yo character unique! :) Of course, coupled wit tha othar traits, our characters won't really be similar anyways.

@ PsychoJigglypuff - lookng good so far! I like tha thaatrical thng and tha fact that she has a snake :D Also, sngng could be an nstrument of sorts ^^

N some fanverses/nterpretations of Homestuck, nstruments or sngng is pretty important. If everyone does pick an nstrument (or sngng) we'll see if we can make somethng of that! Well I already know exactly what we could make of that. So yeah, fo those who haven't written yo SUs yet, it would be funky ass if you ncluded an nstrument ^^

EDIT: I've just written up mah post fo ACT 0 / tha Entry Phase. It turned out long O.o But it was so much fun ta write. I hope I've been givng you enough space ta do yo own thng but still enough optional direction. You'll see when everyone has signed up so that we can start.

4/13
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links