The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Old April 19th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
For me, definitely Rock-types.

I just don't work as well with them as I would with other types, unless if it has good stats, helpful abilities, decent movepool or good typing (notable ones include Crustle, Archeops and Aggron). Pure Rock-types, as well as Rock/Ground-types always suck when I use them. Most tend to be slow too, and I don't work best with slow Pokemon.

I also was terrible at using Bug-types too but they have gotten better with newer generations.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old April 19th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I've never cared for Rock-type moves or Pokemon as a whole. There's nothing specific that I dislike about them, but other than Aggron (which still has Steel as it's primary), I can't say as I've ever used a Rock type Pokemon in any of my playthroughs.
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
lmcde22

i gotta go with the obvious choice and say bug-type. some of the designs are good. especially the new ones but they have way to many type disadvantages to be taken seriously.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Captain Falcon
Gotta go fast

Nature: Lax
Poison, they are annoying and usually not very good.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Champloo
RNG Expert

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Champloo
Poison....it's a pretty crappy type...sure it only has 2 weaknesses individually but they hit nearly NOTHING super-effective other than grass and even them a lot of grass types are part something else that resist Poison anyways.

Eh oh well gotta catch 'em all right? Lol

RNG, the skill for the well informed
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Struggler

Rock because of a lack of level up special moves and that 4x weakness with Ground against so many types
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
i agree rock types are just pitiful. i tried to use a golem in fire red once, i didnt work out too well. switched it out for dragonite.
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:16 PM
Juliet

I'd say Poison and Bug, mainly because most of them have ****** stats and some of the Poison pokemon look quite disgusting. I mean, come on, do you really want a garbage bag (Trubbish and Garbador) in your team?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:25 PM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
I go for rock type because they are pretty weak and their attacks always misses ! But rhyperior is exception because he is my fav. Rock type
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Probably Rock or Fighting. They are boring in the my opinion. I do sometimes use Fighting though, so I am going to have to say that Rock is my least favorite.

Edit: Oh, and Steel. I never use Steel.

Last edited by Rai; April 24th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Marisa
ghost lead
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Rock-type.
While some are good (Archeops, Terrakion, etc), they're also rather bad, as they have quite a few weaknesses, common ones too (particularly Water, Fighting and Ground, 3 common attacking types)..and most rock types have dreadful Sp.Defense and/or Rock/Ground typing, so they have a massive disadvantage.
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Torrentblade
Bring on the flood.

Nature: Timid
I'd have to say ghost, I mean, you can't hit two types, you have 2 main weaknesses, just a special move based move set, so yes. They are pretty bad.

Adopt a pokemon at virtuadopt.com.
and, this Is Trashtench. The evolved form of garbodor...
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Naikado

Nature: Adamant
You rock-haters are gonna my my rhydon cry. No I don't care that its first type is ground.

I almost wanna say psychic because I have a tough type remembering what psychic's good against, but it'd probably have to be Grass. Of all the types, it's the one that appeals to me the least, and seems like a lot more of a status-inflicter. I just don't play that way.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
Bugs, definitely. I hate bugs irl and Bug is seriously the worst type. Only about 5% of Bug-types are good (Scizor, Heracross, Volcarona, to a lesser extent Leavanny, and... that's it).
Old April 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Gengar's Shadow

Nature: Calm
If I had to choose it would be bug. Scizor and Heracross are the only ones i like.
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Rock. I hate Rock. I have never used a Rock type in my team (although I did use Rock type moves), and I don't like any of Rock type Pokemon. ughhhh
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Ehh, probably Fighting and/or Dragon. Raw, straightforward power isn't my preferred style.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Airhead
Banned

Fighting type is a little boring, but Hitmonlee and some others keep me from putting them on my least favorite list.
Dark is annoying, but I'll keep it on my list for old times sake, so I'm going to have to go for... rock.
Yeah, it gets annoying when you're on your last Pokemon (because you weren't ready for such a hard Gym Leader) and your last one is flying type, and they use ROCK TOMB!!! Omigod, how damn annoying!
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Avenge
Me

Rock and Steel types.

I never use them,and they are kinda boring.

Old April 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
This is a toughie. But I had to choose I would choose us rock. I don't hate rock types I just don't care for them.
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Yankas

I would say rock, most rock types are pretty bland.
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:09 AM
FiersomeLucia
The Blue Skies Will Appear...

Nature: Lonely
I never used Ground/Rock types most of the time; I guess I never liked it.

I knew the fact of saving something is really hard. It’s almost impossible no matter where I look at but in destroying something, which I’m very good at. Am I really born to ruin everything?
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp

Nature: Calm
Poison and Ice types.

Never cared much for Poison types, and I think Ice types are mediocre, defensive wise.
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Sir Mister
Unhatched Egg

Water!!!

In addition to being WAY oversaturated (there are more than 10% more water pokemon than Normal pokemon, for crying out loud!!!), their primary weakness (grass) is completely offset by their near universal access to ice type moves, which gives them a combined neutral or better coverage on everything but, of course, water itself! In addition to this overwhelming offensive advantage (with ice, they are the only type of the starter pokemon who naturally inherit an offensive advantage vs dragons, who are supposed to be the big bad scary guys), they also offer the best defensive typing, with only two weaknesses! Nearly a third of all pokemon reside in the field group, but water gets 3 different egg groups! And I know that could be considered a disadvantage, but the fact is it still shows a greater level of thought and care being put into water type pokemon.

The incredible amount of bias given to the water type makes me loathe them, and it gives me Great satisfaction to kill them (which is why I always make it a point to carry around an electric and a grass pokemon). What's outright infuriating is as much as I despise them, I invariably have a water type in my group, because I simply can't afford Not to! In fact, I think you would be hard pressed to find a group Anywhere that does not include at least one water pokemon, other than the very new and very young (making it not only the most common type in game, but also the most commonly played and most common in the meta, as well).

Finally, as I first got Pokemon Red, and have gone with Fire type starters from the very beginning, Water is my natural foe, the bane of my primary pokemon's existence. The fact is, though, with their Ice moves taken into account, the Grass type starters have trouble with them as well, and really, it's not like Grass doesn't already have it rough enough, with more weaknesses than any other type (besides rock, and fewer resistances than rock), so there's that little bit of sympathy loathing going on as well.

I get that Japan is an island, and with water covering 70% of the world, there is a vast amount of sea life to draw inspiration from, making it probably very fun and easy to create all these water type pokemon, and there is variety while surfing to take into account. None of that makes me dislike water any less.

Old April 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Arc
ded

Nature: Bashful
I'm definitely not a fan of poison. Most of the poison type Pokemon don't pique my interest, and in terms of a competitive standpoint, they don't offer much in coverage, resistances, etc.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here