The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
If you were Ash, would you evolve Pikachu or keep it in its current stage? Why or why not?
Didn't Meowth in the first season say that Pikachu's power far exceeds its evolutionary form or something? Can't remember. Why would I evolve it in such a case?
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm more about cuteness/lovability in Pokémon as opposed to their power, hence I don't often tend to evolve them, so I'd definitely keep it as a Pikachu! It's a case where if the Pokémon is happy, I'd be a lot happier as a result, and since Pikachu doesn't want to evolve I see no reason to force him to. Sure he'd probably get more powerful as a result, but he'd also stop learning new moves (which he's somehow still learning after all these years?) and he'd just generally lose the will to battle I think, so I'd without doubt let him stay as he is!

Also Astinus' comment about having a 'cute little buddy to sit on your shoulder' is the perfect reason not to evolve him oh god <3
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:24 PM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
If you were Ash, would you evolve Pikachu or keep it in its current stage? Why or why not?
Of course I would not evolve Pikachu, because I think it's best to keep it that way, and because Pikachu refuses to evolve too.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Nature: Timid
Whoa, sorry for the lack of updates! I've been a little busy since I started work recently. But hey, time for another topic wahoo!

Would you one day like to see more electric rodent Pokemon like Plusle and Minun with other symbols on their cheeks and tail? We have plus and minus, but no division, multiplication, equals sign, plus others. Or would you prefer Plusle and Minun were left on their own?

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old July 7th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Virgilin
Salmon Fishing in Vulcan

Send a message via Skype™ to Virgilin
Aww such cuties!! :3

Username: Virgilin
Partner Rodent (choose one): Plusle
Answer the Topic: I think that it should only be for Plusle and Minun. They are unique in that sense and that is one of the reasons why people find them cute in the first place. Besides, the fact that they complete each other through their symbols is found no other Pokemon. That was what made me love those two :D

| Paired to warship | PM | VM | About |
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Virgilin, you've been added! Thanks so much for joining and again, apologies for the late reply! Yeah, Plusle and Minun seem to do well alone when it comes to electric rodents with symbols, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing maybe one more. Maybe it's because of this fanart I saw on dA right here:

Spoiler:

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old July 19th, 2013, 01:22 AM
LolPizzaLol
Just chillin'

Username: LolPizzaLol
Partner rodent: Raichu
Would you one day like to see more electric rodent Pokemon like Plusle and Minun with other symbols on their cheeks and tail? We have plus and minus, but no division, multiplication, equals sign, plus others. Or would you prefer Plusle and Minun were left on their own?
I think they should be left on their own, because they resemble positive/negative like a battery, a battery for example has no other symbols, and because they're Electric-types, it would make sense.
Old July 19th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

They should be left on their own because the plus and minus symbols relate to electricity. While plus and minus do relate to other things, like mathematics, since Plusle and Minun are electric rodents, they should stay on their own.
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Joining! The Electric Rodents are so cute!

Username:AWsquared
Partner Rodent (choose one): Pikachu (had such a hard time choosing between Pikachu and Emolga. :/ )
Answer the Topic: While I like the idea of adding more, it makes sense why they leave them as they since represent the positive and negative charges in electricity.

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Shaf
Lonely MadNooB Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Shaf
Pikaaaa...PIKKAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I do love rodents too! Pichu is one other!
Usernamehaf
Partner Rodent (choose one): PIKACHU

If you could choose to start your game with an electric rodent, which one would you pick and why?

I really really love Pikachu and Yea, I'll start my game with a PIKACHUUUUU.. Pikachu has a really great base speed and sp. atk!
Of course you can use Light Ball to boost it's Sp. ATK! I must mention Pikachu has been my favorite since Pokemon started.
So, I really want it to be PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

FanClubs I'm IN!
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Oh my gosh.. all these new members make me happy. <3 Welcome to the club, guys! Y'all have been added!

But yeah, Shaf, I totally adore Pikachu as well. I've used it so many times in the games yet never get tired of it at all.

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Shaf
Lonely MadNooB Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Shaf
Would you one day like to see more Pokemon like Plusle and Minun with other symbols on their cheeks and tail? We have plus and minus, but no division, multiplication, equals sign, plus others. Or would you prefer Plusle and Minun were left on their own?

I guess I would be happy if they were left on their own but I also would like to see more like them!
Reasons: See they are a pair and Chemically + and - are really attractive so there's some matter of power to Divide them! O.O So I' happy with the pair!
Why see more? They are an awesome pair so this necessity never ends!

Yea! I keep using pikachu over and over again! It's just the one you can never forget!

FanClubs I'm IN!

Last edited by Shaf; July 26th, 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Oil your own machine Reason!
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:55 PM
xavient
GameboyLuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Virgilin, you've been added! Thanks so much for joining and again, apologies for the late reply! Yeah, Plusle and Minun seem to do well alone when it comes to electric rodents with symbols, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing maybe one more. Maybe it's because of this fanart I saw on dA right here:

Spoiler:
Hey Cirno, thanks for welcoming me on my 'Introduce Yourself' thread. Told ya I'd love to join ;D
Username: xavient
Partner Rodent (choose one): Pichu... duh :3'
Answer the Topic: I'd love to see more additions, and the picture I quoted is awesome, too. I think the colours suit perfectly however, I do like Plusle and Minun as a pair. I'm on the fence about it ;o
Old August 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
Username: Shad0wChas3r *Mister Oshawott if it's easier*
Partner Rodent: Shiny Raichu
Answer to Topic: Have you ever used an electric rodent in your Pokemon game? Was it fun or challenging?
I have, in fact, I made a challenge about it:

When I started Black 2 when it first came out, I decided to pull a Pokemon Yellow kind of thing. I had prepared a Pichu, Dewott, and Serperior to trade to myself at a later point in the game.

I picked Tepig, caught a Mareep, and traded Tepig for said Pichu *Level six to match my Tepig*. Releasing the Mareep, I used Pichu as my pseudo-starter, as if I never had my Tepig. After I completed the second Gym Leader, I traded myself back the Tepig *which I trained to about the same level on my Black 1*. Following suit, I traded myself the Dewott after the fifth Gym Leader, and finally the Serperior after the Seventh.

I'll admit, the first two Gym's, even with wild Pokemon, was difficult with a Pichu. But it was all worth it in the end. It was a lot of fun, and brought me back to the uniqueness that was Pokemon Yellow, where you had to work around the fact that you didn't start with a Grass, Water, or Fire type.

For clarity, I did keep the Pichu, which eventually became a Raichu towards the end of the game.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image

Last edited by Captain Oshawott; August 5th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Welcome to the club, Oshawott! I've added you to the list! :D And you're very welcome, xavient.

Looks like we have our new electric rodent! Here's the information according to Serebii:

Quote:
We have an Electric/Fairy-type called Dedenne (デデンネ). It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or the new ability Cheek Pouches
What do you guys think?!

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Dedenne reminds me of Raichu at some point (color and design-wise), and I'm curious on its new ability of Cheek Pouches. And I like its design too.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old August 9th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Here's another image pulled from the official Pokemon X/Y site:

I'm really curious about its ability too, but the in-game artwork looks adorable! :) Here's some more official artwork, just click on Dedenne if it isn't already selected: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

My raichu has mixed feelings of dedenne it wants to thunderbolt it to oblivion yet wants to keep em around because of the fairy typing I hope it evolves to something cool and powerful and not he an obvious plush doll marketing scheme

Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Old August 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
LolPizzaLol
Just chillin'

I don't really like Dedenne, he looks too much like the Pikachu line imo.

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
ErikaInRainbowCity
Everyday I'm Tumblin'

Nature: Hasty
Username:
ErikaInRainbowCity

Partner Rodent:
Raichu

Would you one day like to see more Pokemon like Plusle and Minun with other symbols on their cheeks and tail? We have plus and minus, but no division, multiplication, equals sign, plus others. Or would you prefer Plusle and Minun were left on their own?
Left alone I'm sure they would be very cute but that would be... *sighs* too much math.. and too much complication lol

PhotoSYNTHESIS
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I love Dedenne and want it now. Hamsters are one of my favorite rodents, and to see the electric rodent of generation six look so much like a hamster is just perfect. (Dedenne's tail reminds me of a gerbil's, but the Pokemon is so round and tubby, reminding me of my late teddy bear hamster.) Plus, it has the new Fairy-typing, which is interesting, and I want to see what they'll do with that. And he has a black stripe down his back, which reminds me of all my dwarf hamsters I used to own.

And it has Nuzzle! <3

Even if Dedenne's not great in battle and never evolves, I still love it.
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Pichu02
Pichu of Power

Nature: Bashful
Dedenne looks like they took Raichu's coloration and tail and stuck them on a Pikachu. It's ears look a lot like Emolga's and it's antennae remind me of Wooper. It's Pikachu's clone but I love him anyway.
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM
wafflish
Silver's biggest fan

Nature: Gentle
Hi nice to meet ya all! I'd love to join this club!
Username: wafflish
Partner Rodent (choose one): Raichu
Answer the Topic:

while I can't deny that would be adorable, I don't think Plusle and Minun need other symbol buddies it would just be too much
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Here's another image pulled from the official Pokemon X/Y site:

I'm really curious about its ability too, but the in-game artwork looks adorable! Here's some more official artwork, just click on Dedenne if it isn't already selected: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/
I love this cutie, Dedenne may look like a Raichu clone but it's adorable as heck. Nuzzle is a new move in 6th Gen and while I'm not sure what it does it does at least look really fun to use, given it's part-Fairy and while it may have bad stats like most Pikaclones, the appearance still makes up for it. And I don't we've ever had a gerbil/hamster Pokemon until now so it's definitely exciting they finally used another unused animal for a Pokemon.

And its abilities look really good too, Pickup is fun for getting free items and Cheek Pouch (new to 6th Gen) gives it a good niche with using berries. Also those whisker-like things on it seem to look like TV antennas, which could be its motif and I did see some fanart floating around depicting Dedenne with a TV.
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu02 View Post
Dedenne looks like they took Raichu's coloration and tail and stuck them on a Pikachu. It's ears look a lot like Emolga's and it's antennae remind me of Wooper. It's Pikachu's clone but I love him anyway.
Yeah the colors are really similar. But when I looked at the official ingame art the orange was a bit brighter and much nicer-looking. :D Not a big fan of its official artwork image but ingame it is awww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflish View Post
Hi nice to meet ya all! I'd love to join this club!
Username: wafflish
Partner Rodent (choose one): Raichu
Answer the Topic:

while I can't deny that would be adorable, I don't think Plusle and Minun need other symbol buddies it would just be too much
Welcome to the club, wafflish! And hooray for more Raichu fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I love this cutie, Dedenne may look like a Raichu clone but it's adorable as heck. Nuzzle is a new move in 6th Gen and while I'm not sure what it does it does at least look really fun to use, given it's part-Fairy and while it may have bad stats like most Pikaclones, the appearance still makes up for it. And I don't we've ever had a gerbil/hamster Pokemon until now so it's definitely exciting they finally used another unused animal for a Pokemon.

And its abilities look really good too, Pickup is fun for getting free items and Cheek Pouch (new to 6th Gen) gives it a good niche with using berries. Also those whisker-like things on it seem to look like TV antennas, which could be its motif and I did see some fanart floating around depicting Dedenne with a TV.
Nuzzle does sound super adorable so I'm pretty curious to see what will become of it~

club 1 club 2 club 3
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links