Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page Sparks & Shocks - Electric Rodents Fanclub! ϟ

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 28th, 2013 (11:11 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, Dedenne can't learn any Fairy moves through TM. I tried and was disappointed when I learned the truth.

I debated about using Pikachu in my Y playthrough. It's one of my favorite Electric types and I wanted to go through the game with one. But I already used it multiple times, and I couldn't find a male Pikachu. So once I found my male Dedenne, Pikachu was off the team. And it's kind of adorable when I pair my Dedenne up with my Tyrantrum. Tiny little hamster chillin' with my big ol' dinosaur. What a pair.
t
o
o
n

n
e
t
w
o
r
k

staff collab
april 2o15
Old November 29th, 2013 (12:37 AM).
City of Joy!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I don't have X and Y yet, but I might try to catch and use Pikachu in battle on X and Y, even though I might try to not evolve it.

Paired to Hikamaru & Yeyinde
A Crystal PC Supporter

PC | Slateport | PC Server | Gold | PC Family | Blog | AC Mentor
Old November 29th, 2013 (12:54 AM).
with a temperature of 103
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team?

Like Windy, I don't have the games yet but I might use Pika during the early part of the game until I pick up better Pokemon, especially after I found out he has a type advantage against both of Viola's Pokemon since their second types make them weak to Electric attacks.
Old November 29th, 2013 (01:00 AM).
Battle Server
CS

Nature: Quiet
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team? If you don't have X or Y yet, do you have plans to use Pikachu and its line?

I do not have X or Y yet. I probably am getting an Electric-type with higher defenses as Pikachu's is way too low and gets in the way. Definitely picking it up though.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old November 29th, 2013 (03:29 AM).
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team? If you don't have X or Y yet, do you have plans to use Pikachu and its line?

I dont have X or Y yet but i will have pikachu on my team bcuz i dont use pikachu much.

Old November 29th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Username: atif :3
Partner Rodent (choose one): my bby pichu. :>
Answer the Topic:

What do you think of Dedenne, the new electric rodent introduced in the 6th Generation?

Hmm... I'm not sure about it. Yeah it's cute and all but seriously it should of have gotten an evolution! It's been 3 generations since we haven't got a electric rodent who evolves. I think it's due time, although it is capable of standing on it's own! :>

But the new Fairy Type added makes it even cuter as a electric rodent. It still doesn't beat my bby Pichu, but it's definitely 2nd in line. All because of that Part-Electric and Part-Fairy. I could imagine it being used much more if it had gained an evolution, but it's movepool is okay as it is now! <3

I have both X/Y. I did not bother catching Pikachu for some reason early-game, maybe because when I first found it I made it faint. I did catch one in X, though. I kept it on my team until around the 2nd Gym, which then I deposited into the PC Box since I planned to get a Jolteon. I really wanted a Raichu though, kinda a shame. :<
Old November 29th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
hi
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Zoro
Oh, I want to join! Pachirisu and Dedenne are the two cutest!!

Username: Burce Banner
Partner Rodent: Dedenne
Answer the Topic: I think a little mousy is introduced each nwe generation. Last gen. we had emolga, this gen. we have dedenne. Dedenne is like a rival to pichu, and a little brother to Pikachu. Dedenne and Bonnie are so cute in the anime; Pikachu watches out for dedenne too which is awesome.

Spoiler:

^lol
Old December 5th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Meeeembers! So happy to have more peeps here. :D You've all been added a while ago, I just didn't get around to saying it yet haha.

& I agree, Bruce! Dedenne kills me with its cuteness in the anime and it fits so well with Bonnie. I love how she always carries the little guy in her bag. Though now that I think about it.. Dedenne does resemble Marill and Raichu, to the point where it's a little strange. I think in my Pokemon Y file (whenever I get it) I'll save a spot for Dedenne on my team since I used Raichu in my Pokemon X playthrough. :)

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Old December 6th, 2013 (05:59 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Sheep:
Meeeembers! So happy to have more peeps here. :D You've all been added a while ago, I just didn't get around to saying it yet haha.

& I agree, Bruce! Dedenne kills me with its cuteness in the anime and it fits so well with Bonnie. I love how she always carries the little guy in her bag. Though now that I think about it.. Dedenne does resemble Marill and Raichu, to the point where it's a little strange. I think in my Pokemon Y file (whenever I get it) I'll save a spot for Dedenne on my team since I used Raichu in my Pokemon X playthrough. :)
Yeah! Dedenne really matches with Bonnie, it also has the cutie pie face! I should use Dedenne, but I didn't use it unfortunately... but I will be using it on my next playthrough! :>
Old December 6th, 2013 (08:26 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team?
I did capture it while I was on Route 3, but put 'em into my PC after the fourth gym battle and replaced it with another Pokémon. It was an okay Pikachu, but it had Adamant nature, though, which isn't that great. It takes away few of your Special Attack to boost your Attack stat, but Pikachu doesn't have that much of a physical-based moves in its arsenal, unfortunately. d: Quick Attack and Volt Switch are its only good physical attacks, and the rest aren't very useful at all.
Old December 7th, 2013 (09:53 AM).
hi
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Zoro
[B]Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team?[/B

No, but I wish I had. He would have been helpful with the first few gyms, because froakie then frogadier were my main pokemon for them. Pikachu would have been great backup for Viola's and Clemont's gym. Overall though, pikachu didn't seem so strong so I decided not to catch him.
Old December 25th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
Administrator
CS

I used Pikachu myself! :) Evolved the little guy into Raichu and she served me well up until the end of the story. I'm going to breed more Pichu as soon as I find a timid Pikachu to use as a parent. Raichu is definitely high up there in my favorite electric rodents list (and favorite electric period, in all honesty) so I plan to use another in my team. That and Dedenne and Emolga!

Old January 8th, 2014 (08:15 AM).
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
Sorry for the severe inactivity on my part, I nearly forgot that I was a member of this club .

To answer the current topic, I actually do not currently own a 3DS or X/Y game currently. However, when I eventually get my hands on the game, my goal is to catch a Pikachu when first available and use it in my team.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old January 8th, 2014 (10:33 AM).
Crystal Tier

Ooh wow. A few hours ago, I was hunting in the safari to find some shinies, hoping to find a Shiny Electabuzz. But instead, after 3-4 hours of hunting I found a cute Shiny Dedenne! I seriously love this thing; it looks amazing in it's shiny colour. I'm so proud :3
Old January 9th, 2014 (12:17 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Username: MIAU
Partner Rodent (choose one): Pikachu
Answer the Topic:

Actually I got a Pikachu from the Wonder Trade, and my boyfriend, who knows nothing about Pokemon except for bits that he saw in the anime, got excited because he didn't know Pikachu was available in the game. It's kinda his Pokemon now, since he's the one who's been training him; he even wanted to nickname him

I am training my own Pikachu right now, in LeafGreen. Her name is Sweet Corn and she was (almost!) able to beat Lt. Surge's Raichu after he used Double Team a few times and paralyzed her! We got really lucky I mean, she really wanted to beat that Raichu!

Quote originally posted by Zeratul:
Ooh wow. A few hours ago, I was hunting in the safari to find some shinies, hoping to find a Shiny Electabuzz. But instead, after 3-4 hours of hunting I found a cute Shiny Dedenne! I seriously love this thing; it looks amazing in it's shiny colour. I'm so proud :3
Congrats on your find, Shiny Dedenne looks adorable
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old January 11th, 2014 (09:44 AM).
Administrator
CS

Oh boy, I almost thought I didn't add you to the members list since I didn't see your name there, Oshawott, but then I realized you had changed your username. Shame on me!

& Welcome to the club, MIAU. <3 Pikachu fans are always welcome, he'll always be one of my very favorites and the first electric rodent I truly got attached to. Really cute how your boyfriend enjoyed using it so much. Sweet Corn is an adorable nickname. :)

But time for a new topic to get this place goin'!

Have you ever used Emolga or Pachirisu on your teams?

I tried using Pachirisu when I just got Diamond but as cute as he was, he was also so weak so it was difficult to do any damage. Was forced to box mine. :( Emolga is a whole different story to me, though! Acrobatics was super strong if it wasn't holding an item (110 power); it had a much better movepool than Pachirisu.

Old January 11th, 2014 (12:32 PM).
Crystal Tier

I used a Pachirisu in my first play of Pearl, in fact I went into the game blind. I had no knowledge of any new Sinnoh Pokemon, aside from the starters and Dialga/Palkia I think. This led to me having a very unusual team picked out of random stuff I wanted to use, and yeah Dawn having a Pachirisu in the anime inspired me to try one out for myself. It did quite well I even had no idea its stats weren't that good in the first place.
Old January 11th, 2014 (06:06 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

I've used both. They were both cute-looking in terms of design, but when it came to battling though, they, unfortunately, weren't that great. ): Their movepools were quite limited, and their stats were that great either. If they were a little higher perhaps, then they definitely would have been more useful.
Old January 17th, 2014 (10:38 AM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:

I used a Pachirisu in my first play of Pearl, in fact I went into the game blind. I had no knowledge of any new Sinnoh Pokemon, aside from the starters and Dialga/Palkia I think. This led to me having a very unusual team picked out of random stuff I wanted to use, and yeah Dawn having a Pachirisu in the anime inspired me to try one out for myself. It did quite well I even had no idea its stats weren't that good in the first place.
That's pretty awesome! I wish I'd went into the game blind, but I did go in blind when it came to Pachirisu's stats. After a while I realized I couldn't really handle the cutie pie doing barely any damage. Shame because it had potential. ;o;

Quote originally posted by Nymphadora:
I've used both. They were both cute-looking in terms of design, but when it came to battling though, they, unfortunately, weren't that great. ): Their movepools were quite limited, and their stats were that great either. If they were a little higher perhaps, then they definitely would have been more useful.
Aw; I found Emolga pretty good. Acrobatics swept most 'mons that I encountered that weren't resistant to flying despite its relatively low stats. :3

Pachirisu has base 45 attack and special attack whereas Emolga's is 75, which isn't too bad. But the 45s.. ugh. Totally unexpected for Pachirisu to have base 90 special defense, though, and at one point I remember it walling one of my special attackers during the Diamond/Pearl days.

Old January 22nd, 2014 (02:19 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

I was kinda trying to dodge the question, since I haven't used either of them. To be fair though, I've recently started playing Platinum for the first time, and it's a challenge with the team designated by someone else, so I'll say pass to Pachirisu for now. As for Emolga, she was pretty elusive in the wild (unless you were training against Audino), so I never caught one, plus there were other Pokemon I wanted to use in Unova. However, I always thought of Emolga as a good Pokemon, she has a pretty solid typing and well, I lost big time to Elesa's two Emolga when I first challenged the Nimbasa Gym, so...
#300 Skitty
clubs anime avatar
Old January 23rd, 2014 (05:29 PM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by MIAU:

I was kinda trying to dodge the question, since I haven't used either of them. To be fair though, I've recently started playing Platinum for the first time, and it's a challenge with the team designated by someone else, so I'll say pass to Pachirisu for now. As for Emolga, she was pretty elusive in the wild (unless you were training against Audino), so I never caught one, plus there were other Pokemon I wanted to use in Unova. However, I always thought of Emolga as a good Pokemon, she has a pretty solid typing and well, I lost big time to Elesa's two Emolga when I first challenged the Nimbasa Gym, so...
Elesa's Emolgas were a pretty big pain; curse the Volt Switch, hah. So I can totally understand where you're coming from!

Anyways, topic time yaaaay. Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

(Dedenne looks like it's floating. Sorry 'denne, you don't have an official animated shiny sprite!)

Old January 23rd, 2014 (09:03 PM).
Crystal Tier

Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

A tie between Pachirisu and Dedenne for me. I think the pink looks just as good as the usual blue in Pachirisu's case so yeah I do hope I can get my hands on a shiny one sometime. And the brown/yellow coloring really suits Dedenne, so yeah hoping I can get one of those as a shiny eventually and play around with it in Amie!
Old January 24th, 2014 (04:17 AM).
*insert fancy usertitle here*

*skips in to drop my form*

Username: fantome ecrivain
Partner Rodent (choose one): Emolga <3
Answer the Topic: Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?
Omg I can't choose between Minun and Pachirisu. The pink looks so natural on that EleSquirrel, whereas Minun is in a cool eccentric shade of green. Too much cuteness n___n

*skips away*
Old January 24th, 2014 (05:10 AM). Edited January 24th, 2014 by Avishka.
The Jewel Pokemon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Quote originally posted by Sheep:
Elesa's Emolgas were a pretty big pain; curse the Volt Switch, hah. So I can totally understand where you're coming from!

Anyways, topic time yaaaay. Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

(Dedenne looks like it's floating. Sorry 'denne, you don't have an official animated shiny sprite!)
It's tie between Pachirisu and minun for me.
Shiny Pachirisu is cuter than the normal Pachirisu imo. that pink color <3 and shiny minun bcuz of it's unique shade of green :p

Old January 24th, 2014 (09:09 AM). Edited January 24th, 2014 by Miau.
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

Shiny Pachirisu is just the cutest, that pink is lovely! I'd make a doubles team with a regular blue Pachirisu and shiny pink Pachirisu, they'd look adorable together. Actually, Valentine's coming in three weeks from now, sounds like the perfect occasion

Oh but I also like Dedenne's shiny colors, that brown and golden are very warm, and the black antennae with those white cheeks are kinda funny.

Also, the coral on Plusle and green on Minun are my ex-roommates favorite colors. We had pillows and all sorts of stuff in our room in those colors. Had you asked me this question a couple of years ago, I would've definitely said I loved them too, hehe.
#300 Skitty
clubs anime avatar
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links