Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 24th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Tetra
shining star
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Which shiny electric rodent is your favorite?

Dedenne! Probably because I found a shiny quite some time ago, haha. But seriously, I like the color change! It's very different, fit for a shiny; also mentioning that it looks like an actual mouse, not just yellow like the others! Try sending a shiny electric rodent out in battle; it's a wonderful sight.
paired to Nathan
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Shiny Minun; I just love its color. My second favorite is Pikachu, mostly since it's one of the very few electric-type shinies that I had ever gotten my hands on. xD
for all distractions.
Old February 4th, 2014, 03:17 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Have you ever used Emolga or Pachirisu on your teams?
I tried to use both Emolga and Pachirisu, and I used Pachirisu the most because I like how it's depicted in the anime (hyper-activeness and all).

Shiny Pichu for me because it resembles Pikachu, and Shiny Plusle at the close second.
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old February 4th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly

Personally, I'd have to say Pichu or Raichu. Something about Raichu's dark orange color brings me back to the old anime. Where Lt. Surge had his super orange Raichu, which was the normal color back then. Nostalgia, I guess.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old February 16th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Pink Pachirisu is absolutely adorable. I'm a sucker for pink so I tried for a while to get him in Diamond but it was all for naught so hopefully I'll have better luck in X. Am a huge sucker for shiny Dedenne too, though, and this just makes it cuter:

Aaaw!

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old February 16th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Aw, the way it's making that smile is just… so precious. <3 Say, is this your Dedenne, Janna? Personally haven't been able to run into shiny Dedenne, but would be pretty cool if I could. Its color scheme might be sort of dark, but still nice. My friend had one, but she's given it away to someone else for a Chandelure. :( She's not a competitive battler as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure why she needed it.
for all distractions.
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
Aw, the way it's making that smile is just… so precious. <3 Say, is this your Dedenne, Janna? Personally haven't been able to run into shiny Dedenne, but would be pretty cool if I could. Its color scheme might be sort of dark, but still nice. My friend had one, but she's given it away to someone else for a Chandelure. :( She's not a competitive battler as far as I'm aware, so I'm not sure why she needed it.
Just one I found on Tumblr. I'm crushed because I haven't been able to get one but with a static ability Pokemon in front of my party + shiny charm I have high hopes. Though personally I'd prefer to breed for the IVs and the like but a shiny is a shiny.. not complaining. ♥ Chocolate-y.

What do you guys think of having mega forms for the electric rodents? Worthwhile or strange? Perhaps unnecessary? Any in particular you'd give mega forms to?

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
What do you guys think of having mega forms for the electric rodents?

I think it'd be kinda fun and interesting, remember Mawile? It was a weak single-stage Pokemon with no evolution but look what we got thanks to its Mega, a very strong physical attacker with good typing. In fact, I'd imagine how awesome a Mega Evolution for Raichu would look and it would be a great opportunity to patch up its subpar stats.
Old March 18th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post

I think it'd be kinda fun and interesting, remember Mawile? It was a weak single-stage Pokemon with no evolution but look what we got thanks to its Mega, a very strong physical attacker with good typing. In fact, I'd imagine how awesome a Mega Evolution for Raichu would look and it would be a great opportunity to patch up its subpar stats.
Definitely agreeing with you here. Mawile was one of the last Pokemon I expected to get mega forms but look at it now.. it's kickin' butt. Most if not all of our electric rodents suffer from bad stats, movesets, and other things so a mega could work wonders to alleviate that. I wouldn't mind seeing what designs they'd come up with!

Mega Raichu could be a force to be reckoned with.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old April 7th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Sheep

/breathes
Live, club! Live!

Anyways, hi guys. :) New topic! For those who have seen the show, what's your favorite anime episode with an electric rodent in it? This permits Pikachu but it has to be a Pikachu-centric episode if that's your choice.

I really liked the Pachirisu and Emolga captures. Given how cute they are I just couldn't stop staring half the time.. and they were both very mischievous so that made it all the more amusing.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old April 7th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

What's your favorite anime episode with an electric rodent in it?

I really loved the episode where Iris caught Emolga, it's pretty hilarious and those moments where Emolga uses Attract just shows how much of a cutie she is but she's also been a pretty good battler on Iris' team given Emolga was the only Pokemon used by Ash's Unova companions who never lost a single on-screen battle. The anime pretty much made me love the little flying squirrel even more I have to say.
Old April 7th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I think it could work, if they give them enough boost in their stats. Statistically, they must equal to other mega Pokémon one way or another. If not, then people just might not use them. :(
for all distractions.
Old April 12th, 2014, 06:29 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

What's your favorite anime episode with an electric rodent in it?

Warning: images in spoiler may be too cute to handle.
Spoiler:

So yeah, definitely those two episodes with Iris's Emolga. She's such a drama queen, but she's so cute, so she's forgiven. Do Emolga even learn Fake Tears, 'cause this one sure looks like she does, hehe. And speaking of, I love her constant fighting with Ash's Snivy. I had no idea she never lost a battle, but in all fairness, she did Volt Switch out of quite a few.

Also, I just realized I have ninja Pikachu and Dedenne in my sig. That was a cute episode, though the focus was not on those two. Oh, but there was a lovely episode with Bonnie's Dedenne and a Pichu in the XY saga.
Old April 18th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Sheep

@Hikamaru and MIAU
You guys have fabulous taste. Naughty little Emolga had the absolute best personality and was one of my favorite main team party members to date. The Pichu and Dedenne episode in XY was great as well, good pick! Dedenne has been irresistibly cute so far in the series.

@Ashley
Yeah, their stats would have to soooar which would be a huge jump given their low base stat total in their normal forms. ):

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old April 18th, 2014, 11:47 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
@Hikamaru and MIAU
You guys have fabulous taste. Naughty little Emolga had the absolute best personality and was one of my favorite main team party members to date. The Pichu and Dedenne episode in XY was great as well, good pick! Dedenne has been irresistibly cute so far in the series.

@Ashley
Yeah, their stats would have to soooar which would be a huge jump given their low base stat total in their normal forms. ):
I agree, I love it when they take the time to focus on the Pokemon and give them their own personalities. Poor regional birds

And about mega evolving these cute little guys, they'll probably get a 100 points boost to their BST, like all the current mega forms have. So sadly, they won't be getting that much nearer to the top cats. But Mega Pachirisu would have a BST of 505, which would be higher than Mega Mawile's, and I've seen her around plenty of times. Sure, it's not just the stats, she's got Huge Power too, so I wonder what kind of ability would work for them? Of the newer abilities, Competitive comes to mind, since I think most electric rodents are special attackers (or mixed).
Old May 3rd, 2014, 05:33 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
I agree, I love it when they take the time to focus on the Pokemon and give them their own personalities. Poor regional birds :(

And about mega evolving these cute little guys, they'll probably get a 100 points boost to their BST, like all the current mega forms have. So sadly, they won't be getting that much nearer to the top cats. But Mega Pachirisu would have a BST of 505, which would be higher than Mega Mawile's, and I've seen her around plenty of times. Sure, it's not just the stats, she's got Huge Power too, so I wonder what kind of ability would work for them? Of the newer abilities, Competitive comes to mind, since I think most electric rodents are special attackers (or mixed).
Now you're making me curious about the abilites a possible mega rodent would have. 8O Pachirisu could really use a mega form since it's just atrocious to use in battle omg. Even though it has fairly decent defensive stats it can't really put those to much use given its movepool.

Would be quite down for mega Rai though, oooo. I'll keep saying it again and again because it's one of my dreams to see it.

Spoiler:

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old May 15th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Sheep

Hey guys! So there's news circulating regarding new trademarked mega evolutions, two of which include Plusle and Minun. If you scroll down a bit here (and can read Japanese or have a translator to do the work for you) you'll notice that several Pokemon are listed (with images) regarding new trademarked megas.

Soo that means Plusle and Minun have a shot at getting mega evolutions. What do you all think?

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:48 AM
MurkMire
Vile, Venomous Villain
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I give in. I'm joining.

Username: Murkmire
Partner Rodent: Raichu
Answer the Topic: What do you think of Dedenne, the new electric rodent introduced in the sixth generation? Not really too fond if it, quite honestly. Maybe if it had an evo, but... just a gimmick Pokemon. Like Farfetch'd.
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:43 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
Soo that means Plusle and Minun have a shot at getting mega evolutions. What do you all think?
That sounds lovely! Plusle and Minun are meant to be played together in doubles, with their Plus and Minus abilities, that boosts their SpA when they're together in battle. Because of this, I don't think they're going to get different abilities when mega evolved, unless it's an upgrade to their current abilities; however they won't be able to be played together and have both mega evolve, which is a shame.

They're probably going to get a nice 505 BST (+100 to their current stats), a boost that's definitely very welcomed, so they should get more attention. I wonder what they're gonna look like
Old May 16th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

It's pretty cool that they're getting megas; people rarely use them, so perhaps this could give them a popularity boost of sorts. :) Personally, though, I would have liked them to get at least one evolution form before obtaining something like this; to me, they still look like babies, just like how most first-stage Pokémon are such as Pichu, Torchic, Elekid, Magby, and Squirtle.
for all distractions.
Old May 25th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Sheep

Aw, Murk, but Dedenne is so fat and cute! :( But I respect your opinion, I never thought I'd like him either but the anime and game sprite made me attached. Welcome to the club, by the way~

And agreed, MIAU and Ashley. Though I'm not sure if I can even envision a Plusle/Minun evolution since it doesn't seem like they can really go further with their designs. Maybe I just need to dig through some fanart!

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old June 17th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Mega rodents? Sounds like a bad idea to me honestly :( If you guys have seen Mega Sableye then you'll probably know they aren't doing a good job at making small cute things into big scary Mega Pokémon, and given how simple most of the electric rodent designs are (not in a bad way, it makes them cuter!) I really do find it difficult to see how mega formes would work. Mega Raichu is a definite possibility (which I would honestly be amazed if it wasn't released soon), but otherwise I'd hard pressed to think of any of the rodents that I would warrant giving a mega forme to.

Can you guys imagine a Mega Pachirisu though? Super squirrel of doom aiyeeeeh ♥
Old July 8th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Sheep

Google kind of sort of ruined mega Pachirisu for me. I can't envision it outside what I've seen there as all the fanart looked oddly.. ferocious. xD; That's not Pachirisu at all! Hopefully one of these days someone proves me wrong with a cute picture of it. I'd draw it myself if I could envision it properly.

For those of you who've played B/W and/or B/W2, did Elesa's Emolgas give you trouble? I've seen plenty of people get annoyed from their Volt Switch and am curious just how many of said people are in the club, baha.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old July 9th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Absolus

Username: Absolus
Partner: Emolga!
Question: Do you guys have any favorite fanart of electric rodents?
Spoiler:

This one is based off Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

My love of Emolga stemmed from the Mystery Dungeon games. Even though I think Gates of Infinity is the weakest in the series in terms of storyline, I still love the characters. Especially Emolga.

Challenges: Pokemon Emerald Monotype run (Completed) - 06/07/14
Pokemon Leaf Green Yellow Mono-Colour run (Badges 8/8 - Preparing for Pkmn League)

Avatar by: http://silvishinystar.deviantart.com/
Old July 9th, 2014, 07:30 PM
smoothshuckle

Username: Smooth Shuckle
Partner Rodent (choose one): Dedenne
Answer the Topic: What do you think of Dedenne, the new electric rodent introduced in the sixth generation?: At first I was quite disappointed with it; not having an evolution was a big deal breaker for me. Its adorableness and unique typing drew me in though, it became my new favorite rodent electric rodent and one of my favorite fairy types.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here