The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted June 29th, 2013 (01:26 AM).
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Well Sinnoh might not be the best for me since Kanto will always be the best region IMO but its on the 3rd place after Johto. I really liked the beginning when you got to choose your starter and Cynthia must be my favorite champion overall.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old Posted July 10th, 2013 (12:59 PM).
Arlo

Just as a region - setting aside gameplay and pokemon and such - I'd say that Sinnoh is my second favorite, only behind Hoenn. It's close, and if it wasn't for Mt. Coronet, Sinnoh would probably be my favorite. But I cringe every time I have to go through there (and particularly that long, slow haul all the way up to Snowpoint). I like everything else about Sinnoh though - it's easily the most interesting and fun to explore region they've done yet.
Old Posted July 13th, 2013 (06:28 PM).
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Sinnoh was actually the very first region I played through. I've now played through every region. Based on the question asked, I will only talk about the Sinnoh region itself, and not the 4th generation as a whole.

What I didn't like about Sinnoh, when playing it for the first time in Diamond, was how a large number of the newly introduced pokemon could only be obtained through "dongling." Those who did not own a 3rd generation game for the GBA slot were severely limited in options, such as Ponyta being the only fire type catchable in the wild. Sure, Platinum fixed this with the expanded dex, but it felt like planned obsolescence.

I did not like Mt. Coronet. Compare to how much Hoenn forced you to go through water routes, I'd take those over having to constantly pass through the mountain's caves.

I loved much of the scenery such as Floarama and it's berry/accessory shop. I loved how the first gym was a rock-type gym, giving an easy introduction to Sinnoh's underground. I felt as though the gymleaders were a lot more interesting and integrated into their cities, such as Crasher Wake and the Great Marsh, Fantina and pokemon contests in Hearthome, etc.

I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked the region having 8 HMs. I felt as though with every gym badge, you got another tool to traversing the region. It never made sense how, in other regions, some gymleaders have the permission to give you access to using an HM, whereas others could not.
Old Posted July 13th, 2013 (08:09 PM).
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I think Kanto will always come before any other region, but otherwise I loved Sinnoh for the memorable places, verdant scenery and a lot of cool Pokemon. c: Not to mention the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Cynthia! She was actually pretty tough, unlike in other games, where I just practically skip through without much effort.

VMFAMILYPAIRCREDITPM
Old Posted July 15th, 2013 (12:01 PM).
SuperEspeon
Sinnohbaby

As much as I hate everything about this region, I still would rank it my second favorite. It's a love hate relationship. For one you have that cockblocker Mt. Coronet and then I found that most of the pokemon were boring, but maybe that's because I've played it a million friggn times. Yet, the story was great and it was my first Pokemon game. Yeah I didn't really get into it when everyone else did, I was sorta late to the party. But still, I owe it that. Especially Platinum, platinum was great. It combined everything that was good about D and P and put them together.
Old Posted July 20th, 2013 (04:06 AM).
pokemonmercury

Personally, I think it was a great region.
I mean, it had a little of everything.
Islands, Marshes,Volcanos,Swamps, even snow.
Being my second pokemon game I played, I was amazed by the variety of enviroments.
Old Posted July 20th, 2013 (12:53 PM). Edited July 20th, 2013 by NaughtyBeaver.
NaughtyBeaver
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
1 - Sinnoh
2 - Unova
3 - Hoenn
4 - Johto
5 - Kanto
That is my region list. Going from best to worst IMO. But Sinnoh had the worst professor possible. And unlike many others. I like the rival in Sinnoh. And starters and the 2nd or third best. Team Rocket is way better then magma, galatic, aqua, plasma, etc etc. And All of X and Y sounds good. But Sinnoh is definetly the best, and worst in many ways.
Old Posted July 20th, 2013 (05:06 PM).
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
It was the second best after Hoenn. Sinnoh was amazing though. I loved how diverse the region is, loved its pokemon, I had a love/hate relationship with Mt. Coronet, and the region had the best cities and towns. If there were more waterways and areas to dive, as in Hoenn, it'd be the best region.
Old Posted July 20th, 2013 (09:55 PM).
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Yes, Sinnoh is the best region in my eyes. My reasons are pretty much the same as LaVida's with a few additions. I think the Pokemon in Sinnoh are the best just because... well... I like all of the designs, simple as that. Also, it was the first region that I got to battle against a friend in
Old Posted July 20th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Sinnoh was my first main-series game, so it does hold somewhat of a place in my heart. The Pokemon designs are just so damn terrible, though... but God, did I get a lot of hours of playtime out of Diamond. That was a great game. You know, I think I'm being too judgmental of Pokemon designs. That aside, I do like the towns even though I think they're nothing too special... I never care for the plots of main-series Pokemon games, and this one is no exception, honestly... but it was still a lot of fun, it introduced me to contests among other things. I like 4th gen quite a bit
Old Posted July 21st, 2013 (04:41 PM).
pridekitty
A Kitty

Nature: Quiet
Sinnoh is my favorite. My first game was Pearl. I love the music in Hearthome City. Johto is my second favorite. I don't get the professor though. Oak is a tree, Elm is a tree, Birch is a tree, Juniper is a tree, but Rowan is not a tree.

My Shinies:
Quagsire M (Whoopie)
Corsola F (Coral)
Clauncher M (Dr. Zoidberg)
Yanma M (Blue Buzz)
Magikarp F (Goldy)
Goldeen M (Neptune)
Poliwhirl F (Polly)

Yes, I am aware that five of them are fishing shinies and that all of them have stupid nicknames.
Old Posted July 21st, 2013 (05:27 PM).
-Ahsan-

Yes!
I think because its pokemon looks really real
its not like dumb in unova

Old Posted July 21st, 2013 (05:29 PM).
Broleta
[..1..]

Nature: Calm
Sinnoh was nice visually in the games but something about it made it seem kind of bland. Like there was no life to the region. Nothing will really top Johto in that respect I guess.
Old Posted July 21st, 2013 (07:45 PM).
Nil Nuane

Nature: Relaxed
Yep, Sinnoh is my favorite region. Love the relaxing, yet still adventurous feel of Sinnoh. Though I like pretty much all the regions, they all have their ups and downs.

I find it funny that a lot of people complain about Mt. Coronet. I didn't think it was bad at all. I thought the caves in Kanto were actually more bland.
Old Posted July 22nd, 2013 (11:55 AM).
kronos9

I really like Sinnoh, but i think that either the Johto region or Unova region was the best.. Maybe not so much Unova because it seemed kind of cluttered and tight spaced.. I like Johto because it had alot of original ideas since it was the second region made. The adventures in Johto are awesome.
Old Posted July 22nd, 2013 (01:20 PM).
facekeyboarding
我恨普通话

Sinnoh is awful in DP, and great in Pt. It was the third region I played, and it's probably my second favorite.
Unpopular Opinion time
1. Unova
2. Sinnoh
3. Hoenn
4. Johto
5. Kanto

I think most people love Kanto for nostalgic reasons, but I really thought the plot was just dull, save for Mew2.

あかちゃん に ぜひ 、 のっ て み ましょ う ❆
f o l l o w ※ m e ❆
c h a l l e n g e s ❆
p o k e m o n ※ x ※ t e a m ❆
c u r r e n t ❆
t r a d e ※ s h o p ❆
p e e r ❆ m e n t o r i n g ❆

Old Posted July 25th, 2013 (03:10 PM).
Elthemor
Resident Anarchist

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
I've played Pokémon since Red and Blue and I gotta say that out of all the regions, I loved Sinnoh most. Don't get me wrong, I like all of the regions but there's something about Sinnoh that I especially love.

For one thing, I thought that the whole story about Dialga and Palkia was amazing and innovative. Also, I love the towns and landscapes etc. I feel the majority of 4th gen Pokémon were very nicely done as well.

What are your thoughts? Is Sinnoh your favorite region as well? What aspects do you like best about the region? If you don't like it, why?

Looking forward to your replies.
I have to agree with you exactly. Kanto was, well, interesting, Johto was good, Hoenn was nice and was very good in terms of level design, but Sinnoh was magical. Unova was... bleh.
Old Posted July 25th, 2013 (08:47 PM).
Zylas
Dat Trains Kid

Nature: Docile
No doubt. Platinum, which might be surprising, was my first ever Pokemon game I actually owned. I mean, I never played red or blue (wasn't even alive at the time), nor FireRed/LeafGreen, along w/ Silver and Gold. Sapphire my sister owned, which was when I first began pokemon. After that I had gotten Platinum but I had lost it so many times I think I'm on like my 4th Pokemon Platinum . Then I got SoulSilver and White (which of course at which point I lost both but never got around to getting new ones) and finally Black 2.

|Black 2 FC| Best Song EVER|
|Platinum FC| Mah KI:U Neoseeker|
|Old Profile|VM|PM|Credit|

For an innovative, innocent, young boy once said, "I like trains."
Old Posted July 25th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Sinnoh is in my top 3 for sure. it has some great gameplay. and looks amazing.
but i would have to say hoenn would be my favourite. just because its beautiful, and i couldn't call it anything less.
but i do most of my gameplay with soul silver because i have this bond with johto and kanto. as i have been playing pokemon since the beginning.
Old Posted July 26th, 2013 (03:31 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Sinnoh would be ranked 4th out of the current 5 regions for me. Only beating out the Kanto region. The Kanto region is a bit dull overall, I don't hate it....but it doesn't excite me.

There isn't anything in particular about the Sinnoh region I love or hate to be honest. For me Sinnoh just doesn't have the same magic that Johto and Hoenn had. Don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoyed Sinnoh...there hasn't been a region yet that I didn't enjoy.

1. Hoenn
2. Johto
3. Unova
4. Sinnoh
5. Kanto
Old Posted August 12th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
BourbonWhiskey
Pokemon Trainer Since 1998

Nature: Calm
I liked Sinnoh a lot. It has rich details and great cities. I played all the games with different regions but I think Kanto is still best. Well, considering that was my first ever region by playing Pokemon Red, I may just feel nostalgic about it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted August 12th, 2013 (08:40 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think Sinnoh as a region isn't that bad, in fact it has quite a good arrangement of routes in my opinion. However I like Johto better, simply because of nostalgia and the good fun I had with that Pokemon Silver game. (And that tip of Route 28 and Mt. Silver, that was just brilliant)

The music, though... That's an entirely different story.
Old Posted August 14th, 2013 (01:47 PM).
Ruben967
Lights they blind me

I loved the story behind the region, and some towns are just so nice x) However, I prefer Hoenn, but Sinnoh is a close second.
Old Posted August 14th, 2013 (05:40 PM).
Jip
Hipster Jipster

Sinnoh is definitely a nice region, but I much prefer Johto or Hoenn

Old Posted August 15th, 2013 (03:49 PM).
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Well Sinnoh as a REGION is my favorite. All of the places stuck out to me, and there was calm relaxing music, as well as epic tense themes for the legendaries. As many people say the music is crazily immersive. But as a GENERATION it's not my favorite. The battles are too slow in D/P and I didn't care much for most of the new Pokemon, or the new trainer designs. But it is my 2nd favorite gen, behind Gen 2.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links