Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
The First two games of any given Generation usually don't allow players to rematch past opponents or Gym Leaders. Would you like X&Y to break this tradition? What would you like to see in the Games? Trainer's Eye, the VS Seeker etc?
3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
Pokémon X
Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I really want to bring the Vs. Seeker back. It made grinding so much easier, plus it was nice being able to cause rematches whenever you needed to. Of course, Audino made grinding easier already, but I'd love to see the Vs. Seeker just make a return. It was more fun battling trainers over than grinding against the same Audino over and over. It was a little more variety I guess =P
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

It'd be nice to have rematches rather than entirely new modes of play. That way, instead of restarting and destroying all of our Pokémon, we can just go and rebattle everyone time and again, even all the way up to Lv.80 or Lv.90.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I don't see the point in using rematch battles as an exclusive to third game versions anymore. It was a nice addition in the past, but there's a lot more they can add for a third version or sequel without having to withhold rematches from the first two versions. So, yes, I'd like to see X/Y break the tradition and allow players to battle trainers and gym leaders on numerous occasions. Bringing back the VS Seeker would just be a godsend on their part.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM
gotron228
^_^

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to gotron228 Send a message via Skype™ to gotron228
A Re-match system would be a nice feature in X and Y, especially the VS Seeker. It made levelling Pokemon so much easier using that thing in Leaf Green...

Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I really do miss the VS Seeker, really. An item so invaluable to grinding, and yet it got removed after FR/LG, if I'm correct? I really do wonder why, since a lot of us would find it significantly easier to grind, although I guess Audino kind of makes up for it a bit.

I also agree with Cyclone in a way. I'd like it if they got stronger each time you faced them, that way, it would help your grinding a lot. I mean, it wouldn't necessarily help if you VS seeker'd a trainer and the highest leveled they had was like, level 20 Pokemon and you needed help grinding your lv 40 Pokemon. .___.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I also agree with Cyclone in a way. I'd like it if they got stronger each time you faced them, that way, it would help your grinding a lot. I mean, it wouldn't necessarily help if you VS seeker'd a trainer and the highest leveled they had was like, level 20 Pokemon and you needed help grinding your lv 40 Pokemon. .___.
They won't do it like that. Even on Johto's earliest Routes, a Vs. Seeker rematch was around Lv.34.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I think that vs seeker would make lvlng of pkmns very easier, though it was fun. I would like the pokenavi system from r/s/e to make a comeback. It good to see that trainers and gymleader would call us occasionally for a rematch. Also, what i really want is that the region champ should call the player occasionally for a battle, so that we don't have to go over the e4 to battle champ.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
I think that vs seeker would make lvlng of pkmns very easier, though it was fun. I would like the pokenavi system from r/s/e to make a comeback. It good to see that trainers and gymleader would call us occasionally for a rematch. Also, what i really want is that the region champ should call the player occasionally for a battle, so that we don't have to go over the e4 to battle champ.
Well, I feel that it was kind of like that in the fifth generation, whereas you had multiple opportunities to battle Cynthia. Even though she wasn't the region's champion, I guess that sort of counts, right? :x There's also Alder, but I'm unsure on whether or not you face Alder only once or whether you could face him multiple times. Either way, a system like this wouldn't hurt.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:34 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Well, i talked about the region's champ only, not cynthia or steven/wallace..
Also, alder can't be fought outside the league. His grandson umm.. uh.. i forgot his name. He could be fought twice only.
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

His grandson is Benga, I believe.

In B2/W2, Alder CAN be fought in Floccesy Town. You must defeat the E4 first, then he wants to challenge you as Champion. Then Benga comes along and you learn about another challenge you can do.

Alder returning in X/Y would be nice, like Cynthia in B/W.

Cyclone

Old April 27th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Forever
let it go

VS Seeker would be good to see again, but any sort of rematch system would be okay as long as it isn't just phone calls because that's seriously irritating to have to track people down when they call you etc. So ya all for VS Seeker, or any other sort of system of rematches.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
VS Seeker would be good to see again, but any sort of rematch system would be okay as long as it isn't just phone calls because that's seriously irritating to have to track people down when they call you etc. So ya all for VS Seeker, or any other sort of system of rematches.
Definitely agree with this. Having to register a limited amount of people into your Phone like you did in GSC, plus the computer controls when you very rarely (at least for me anyways) get to rematch them? No thank you. If anything, I'd even settle for Match Call, since at least all you had to really do was go back and forth between a route to get new trainers to be willing to have a rematch with you. Of course, Vs. Seeker is still preferred!
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I'd really like it if characters randomly become available for rebattling. I hate travelling to find them (constantly).

It definitely needs to be something that's considered for inclusion- there's only a certain amount of patience I have when battling wild Pokemon.
Old April 28th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Bestwaffles

The Vs seeker was the best rematch system ever introduced in a Pokemon game in my opinion. It made grinding much easier, and it was so convenient, I would love to see a return from it in X & Y.
Current Challenges:

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:02 AM
MarinoKadame

We need to be able to rebattle the gym leaders and elite 4 with higher level pokemons and more pokemons, no challenge mode.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:52 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Yeah I'd enjoy the return of the VS Seeker, made training in the gen 4 games so so much easier.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:33 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
I see a lot of you like VS seeker. I like it too. It needs to come back to X&Y. Also I would love to re-battle the gym leaders whenever I like.
3DS Friend Code: 2595 0605 8229

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here