The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Favorite HG SS gym leader?
Falkner 2 7.14%
Bugsy 2 7.14%
Whitney 3 10.71%
Morty 8 28.57%
Chuck 1 3.57%
Jasmine 8 28.57%
Pryce 1 3.57%
Clair 4 14.29%
Brock 0 0%
Misty 3 10.71%
Lt. Surge 3 10.71%
Erika 1 3.57%
Janine 1 3.57%
Sabrina 4 14.29%
Blaine 1 3.57%
Blue/Green 9 32.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I remember there was another thread like this so im reviving it! Whats your favorite HG SS gym leader? Including Kanto gym leaders guys. Both Johto and Kanto. ;D (btw if your wondering why i didnt add Koga or Giovanni, because they are not HG SS gym leaders.) And be sure to include why! And you can post the gym leader tou least like too.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye

Last edited by Rϵd; April 24th, 2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Blue was my favorite Gym Leader of HG/SS, simply because he's the most powerful that we get to face, and he's the only Leader that doesn't specialize in a single type. Plus, being able to beat your rival from a past game again is an added bonus.
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
Blue is my favorite gym leader because he has the highest levelled pokemon among all the other gym leaders.
But believe it or not, he's not the hardest in my opinion. He's still pretty good though.
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:13 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

I love Jasmine out of them all. She cute and quiet, yet she's tough. And that's some of the qualities I love seeing in people in real life let alone in characters within video games. The ability to appear weak, just pack a surprising punch is what she's all about and I love it.
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I like Erika the best honestly. She was gentle, calm and not too hot-headed or impatient like those of Clair or cried when she lost, unlike Whitney. In general her outfit was stylish as well along with grass-types being rather fun to battle with! It really did make you think honestly, even though I have to admit Erika was rather easy it was still difficult predicting when a status move would be thrown in and Erika generally had me guessing. Erika also in general was like a blossom or a flower, swaying gently in the breeze in a way. She was just a peaceful and relaxed person, and I loved her personality. n.n
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I like Jasmine because she is a strong trainer and actully cares about others, Amphy in the lighthouse is ill she stays with him which is just so sweet.
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I love Blue because he has very strong pokemons and I have faced him as a rival in previous games.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old April 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
GrayJM9
Playing White 2

Nature: Bold
Whitney because she has the drive to win no matter what.
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

Nature: Adamant
Clair because I love Dragon types
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:40 PM
PichuRules4ever
The TF2 Pyro

Nature: Jolly
My favorite is Morty. He's my favorite gym HGSS leader because my second favorite type is Ghost (first favorite is electric).
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

For me, my fav gym leaders are Sabrina and Blue/Green, Sabrina because shes rly though to beat and Green for being the most powerful gym leader of the game. Like Brendino said, its rly getting to beat your old rival in a different game.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Bestwaffles

Bugsy, because Scyther is a badass, plus, the rematch was a lot of fun!

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Falkner, Morty, Bugsy, and Blue/Green! Bugsy was super adorable and became even cuter in HGSS so I couldn't not vote for him. Morty is cool, though I admit I was more used to his older design. The others I've always loved. <3

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have several faves, but my fave is Whitney because she's a cute girl and she made me love Miltank so much I ended up using one in my SoulSilver playthrough.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old May 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
My favorite remains the same from GSC. Jasmine! Always and forever. She's been my favorite gym leader overall since I was a kid. I like that she didn't have any little dweebs to fight.

Quote:
Morty, because I see him as a normal guy that doesn't use any retarded clothe like most of the gym leaders.
Ayo, "retarded" is not a synonym for stupid.
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:09 AM
mfmeijer

Blue for sure! The battle with him is a great training for beating Red! And Blue has awesome Pokemon!

Pokemon Y FC: 4441-9547-3084
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Silver Ice
Into the night...

Nature: Calm
Oh man, I can't just choose one! My favorites are Morty, Jasmine, Pryce, and Misty.

Morty has always given off the air of cool and intelligent. I love his interest in the history of his city/region, and Ghost is an awesome type!

Jasmine is quiet and calm, yet very strong at the same time. And she has that bond with her Pokemon that you really saw in the anime and even slightly in the game (Ampharos).

Even though his gym was relatively easy, he is still one of my favorite gym leaders. He's cool and wise, and I really liked his character in the anime.

Finally, Misty. Probably only because she was one of my favorite characters in the anime, but also because I love water-types. I just wish they didn't give her that hideous outfit and hairdo in the game!

I take no credit for this banner, my avatar, or my profile picture!
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Probably Blue just pipping Chuck and Blaine to the top spot. Blaine's got some decent pokémon, and the fact that his old gym is now a volcano (frickin' cool), his new gym is an icy island that he shares with a legendary pokémon (literally cool) and he may/may not have had a hand in the creation of Mewtwo (still badass despite being over 15 years old).

Chuck meanwhile, works out, likes waterfalls and has a Poliwrath - possibly my favourite fighting-type pokémon alongside Lucario and Gallade. He also has a pretty sweet location for a gym (even if he doesn't keep a close enough eye on the town to stop Silver stealing a Sneasel).

But Blue is the opponent from LeafGreen which gives added happiness from defeating him, he has Giovanni's former gym in a town with class background music (badass yet also relaxing), and his pokémon are pretty cool - although Exeggutor is nowhere near being a favourite, it's pretty tough. And I love all his others, especially Rhyhorn.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I really like Morty for being the one of the very very few gym leaders to use Ghost Pokemon.
Plus i thought his gym was pretty fun, both in the original GSC and HG/SS

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM
BHwolfgang
kamikorosu

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to BHwolfgang Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BHwolfgang Send a message via Skype™ to BHwolfgang
Blue has to be my favourite gym leader in HG/SS. He just has everything... strong pokemons, money, and that awesome black jacket he has on. Plus, his previous accomplishments of being the rival for Red and also becoming the Pokemon League Champion only strengthen my resolve for having him as my favourite gym leader. Like I said before, Blue has a versatile group of pokemons that proves to be more challenging compared to the other 15 gym leaders. His rematches are even more tough (he has a Tyranitar.. how cool is that?!) and at the end the money one reaps after defeating Blue really takes the cake.

Besides Blue, I also appreciate a number of other gym leaders. I absolutely love Misty's transformation in HG/SS. I love fighting against Chuck (atk EV training yum). Lastly, Blaine's gym is by far my favourite; it's not every day that you get to battle a gym leader inside an actual volcano.
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:05 PM
TenaciousWolf
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Falkner is a very overlooked gym leader in my opinion. I really like his design, and he stands at a certain level of significance, being a Johto trainer's first Gym Leader battle. Flying type Pokemon have always been a favorite of mine as well.

Forever a fan of Lickitung.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here