The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed
Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum 124 34.16%
"Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views 140 38.57%
Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten this to just first/last) 254 69.97%
Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachments/if you're subscribed/etc. 139 38.29%
Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc. 139 38.29%
"Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other social media 60 16.53%
Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"? 113 31.13%
The calendar. 'nuff said. 66 18.18%
Instant messenger icons in posts 76 20.94%
Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images 154 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Hey everyone. :D So we're currently working on some big projects that involve revamping a lot of the features you use on PokeCommunity. I won't go into too much detail, but the next couple of months are going to be pretty exciting around here. 8)

Some of you may be familiar with the fact that PokeCommunity is based on software called vBulletin. It's something millions of people use to create forums very similar to ours, and as such it has a sort of one-size-fits-all approach. Part of the streamlining of the community that we're doing is going to involve removing a lot of these default features to clean up the look and layout and get rid of clutter, and I want everyone to help us decide what to keep and what to get rid of.

I added a poll with some things that I've been thinking of getting rid of due to underuse. Go ahead and vote on what you want to see stay/what you think we can get rid of. As I think of/find more things, I'll update the post with more stuff.

Thanks. :D
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Mαтт★H.
◆Bεlιενξ»

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Mαтт★H.
In my opinion, you should keep the "Page breakdown" function, because there might be times when you want to look back on a particular post and you wouldn't be able to access it because there's only a first and last button. I know that it might be possible to access throught editing the URL but not many people know that.

I hope this helps :)

catacombninja
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

To clarify, I don't mean the page breakdown on threads. I mean when you're viewing a list of threads in a forum.
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Mαтт★H.
◆Bεlιενξ»

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Mαтт★H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
To clarify, I don't mean the page breakdown on threads. I mean when you're viewing a list of threads in a forum.
If that is the case, then how would you be able to post on a thread that's, let's just say, on the second page?

catacombninja
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
i want to say one thing
1. death to the oekaki

it's plain useless (imo) and it takes up space
i'd much love it if the community links were kept and the oekaki was destroyed for good
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I reaally hope you don't get rid of community lin- OH MY GOD THE VIEWING USERS IS BACK THIS MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHING EVER!!!!!

Also nice one on the newly liked posts notifications!! <3

And agreeing with MattH here.. I'd prefer it if that was kept, too.
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
oh and btw if you get rid of the ability to use youtube videos as profile pictures i'm uninviting you from my 20th birthday party

Last edited by Mariah Carey; April 26th, 2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: TYPOS
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Okay I voted to keep page breakdown and community links and youtube videos.

Please remove post icons!

Also, phase out the stupid Oekaki for the showdown server for good please. I replaced it on Modern in the community links and I think it should be like that on all the styles.
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:58 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
There was a calendar on PC? o.o
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:47 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Yup, it's for looking at users' birthdays if I recall correctly.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:03 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

Post icons must die in a fire. Oekaki can be demoted, nobody uses it. Post comments need notifications or else need to go. I'll come back if I have more.

the internet is full of people who refuse to be nice to others
because they feel that this makes them superior
that's lame
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:15 AM
wolf
on reduced activity

I accidentally voted for everything that I wanted to be removed instead of kept, so don't count my votes please. :> The only feature I want to stay is the calender for keeping track of birthdays. YouTube videos are useful for the Supporter profile trick, but I don't think they should stay for reasons other than that. The Community Links could be kept too, but the navigation bar has all the same links. If the PC Battle Server was added to the Community Links, I guess it would be more useful.

pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace • avatar source

Last edited by wolf; April 26th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I feel like the sharing options are really kind of pointless. I mean I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really ever share anything from here on any social media. Plus, if I wanted to, it'd just be easier to copy and paste the URL from the top of the page than to go find a share button. Post icons and the Calender are totally pointless in my opinion as well =P

And jumping on the Oekaki to get demoted from the header bandwaggon. The Showdown Server could probably go there I guess?
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mαтт★H. View Post
If that is the case, then how would you be able to post on a thread that's, let's just say, on the second page?
Haha. I should've just put up screenshots. XD;

I'm talking about this.

Also if the calendar were removed it would just be for custom events. Birthdays would still show up like normal.
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I don't really care about any of these tbh. Page breakdown is always nice though, whether it's for the pages of a thread, or pages of threads of a forum. Otherwise, don't care too much about these particular features.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old April 26th, 2013, 01:15 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
If any one the top right links could go, "Home" could. As you can click on the PokeCommunity title on the top left and it will do the same thing.
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
I like page breakdown and don't want that removed. It's useful to quickly access the last page of my challenge that I updated to make sure there was nothing I missed and then move on from there to update with more sign ups etc that happened after my last update. I'm sure others feel that way when it comes to threads that need an updated first post.

I can do without the post icons. They look really stupid imo and I've never understood them.
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Page breakdown, community links (I forgot to check that one. Oops!), and Youtube videos should all stay. The rest can all go as far as I'm concerned. Also, the Oekaki is so useless, I'm surprised it's still even around. Who would have guessed it outlived social groups?

Also, with the new Likes System, I find Post Comments to be irrelevant nowadays. I wouldn't miss that if it were gone too.
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
The community links and page breakdown are both features that I use regularly, and would sorely miss if they were to be removed.

Personally I don't think I'd mind or even notice if the 'hot threads' were to disappear.
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
To be honest, I never even knew we had a calendar till now. But it's something I was hoping we had for a while cause I was curious about who has the same birthday as me. (turns out Hiroshi Sotomura does which I find neat to share a b-day with a staff admin.) And I think we should keep the calendar cause it is useful for remembering people's birthdays. If anything, just get rid of the create events part cause I can't find a reason as why that's useful. Also keep Youtube videos in profiles definitely , community links, and page breakdowns too. I use the picture albums all the time cause it's sometime easier than going to a photo sharing site and uploading pictures so that's one thing I think must also stay.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:26 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
If you can, could you get rid of the hot threads icon but keep the "recently posted threads" bold title thing? That's useful.

Old April 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I like the viewing users thing, that's nice :D

I think the "hot threads" thing needs to stay, its nice to easily see what popular threads are. Youtube videos and picture albums should stay. Thats just my thoughts.
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Voted! n_n Can't wait to see how neater PC is about to become~!
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
I, voted as well. I never liked the hot thread feature, I find it silly and stuff, so I hope that whatever happens...happens!
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I voted!

★ Post Icons ★

I like these, and wish there were more choices!

★ Page Breakdown ★

I feel this is necessary for a board. Otherwise, it'll make finding posts or reading posts hard, like in DCC where it'll bring me to Page 7 but there are still three pages of new replies after that...

Same applies if this was meant for thread-surfing. Should be looking for more convenience instead of limiting these kinds of things.

★ Community Links ★

All the time. All. the. time.

★ Albums ★

I have a few albums. I don't really look at others, but I think it's nice to have, just in case.

★ Youtube Videos in Profiles ★

Need. This is a fun feature (not to mention, bigger background image in profile...)

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here