The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed
Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum 124 34.16%
"Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views 140 38.57%
Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten this to just first/last) 254 69.97%
Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachments/if you're subscribed/etc. 139 38.29%
Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc. 139 38.29%
"Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other social media 60 16.53%
Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"? 113 31.13%
The calendar. 'nuff said. 66 18.18%
Instant messenger icons in posts 76 20.94%
Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images 154 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
Not sure what the Social Groups were, but someone mentioned I think a Rep System was in place but removed as well? I actually like Rep Systems lol

Rep Systems that only have positives are great to avoid those angry, immature negative rep abusing-types. It's also just fun to have. Assuming there are little bars under our names that increase with rep? And if there is a max Rep received and given by day, that helps, too.

I actually think I was around in '09 when Rep was in place... I have a handful of comments in my CP, albeit negative, that I think are related to it.

But unless there's some sort of activity or plans to increase activity in the Oekaki, I don't see the point of keeping it :\
From Dr. Seuss:

I do not like eggs in the file.
I do not like them in any style.
I will not take them fried or boiled.
I will not take them poached or broiled.
I will not take them soft or scrambled,
Despite an argument well-rambled.
No fan I am of the egg at hand.

In other words, never ever bring rep back. It was a disaster then, and it'll continue to be a disaster as long as people +rep their friends and negrep people they just plain flat-out don't like, which was the huge issue with it. It just wasn't used in an objective, fair manner like it was supposed to.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Rukario just doesn't like to get rid of anything on or related to PC, no matter how little it's used or how much members ignore or abuse it. ^_^

As for rep, I think likes and post comments are a much better way of giving feedback for someone's post, either positive or negative (and negative should be done constructively, which comments sort of encourage). I don't think the old rep system will ever come back.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Not sure what the Social Groups were, but someone mentioned I think a Rep System was in place but removed as well? I actually like Rep Systems lol

Rep Systems that only have positives are great to avoid those angry, immature negative rep abusing-types. It's also just fun to have. Assuming there are little bars under our names that increase with rep? And if there is a max Rep received and given by day, that helps, too.

I actually think I was around in '09 when Rep was in place... I have a handful of comments in my CP, albeit negative, that I think are related to it.

But unless there's some sort of activity or plans to increase activity in the Oekaki, I don't see the point of keeping it :\
lmao rep as you know it will never come back

And yeah, as far as I know, Social Groups were obliterated for the same reason the Oekaki should be: they were dead.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I voted for a few things...

But I was a bit sad to see that the "Search" interface isn't being promoted. Like I always like to search for a certain user, but I find it difficult to come by searching a username, like viewing the Memberlist is a BIG pain.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post

But I was a bit sad to see that the "Search" interface isn't being promoted. Like I always like to search for a certain user, but I find it difficult to come by searching a username, like viewing the Memberlist is a BIG pain.
It's not instantly accessible like keyword search is, but if you go into Advanced Search (which you can get to from the search dropdown on the navbar), the two options are search by keyword and search by username. Username auto-completes from the username list, too, so if you know the beginning of their name, you don't need to know it perfectly.

tumblrtwitter

Old April 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Rukario just doesn't like to get rid of anything on or related to PC, no matter how little it's used or how much members ignore or abuse it. ^_^
This pretty much explains everything.

Oh and let's not try the rep system again. I never did get to see what happened there, but I don't really want to see it.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post

Mmmm, I feel this could be a slight concern? At the very same time, keep note that, if you're searching for a banned user, they probably won't appear on the memberlist, since I believe that's the option set via usergroup (unless I'm wrong).

But I ultimately feel that more searching options wouldn't hurt? Though I'm slightly puzzled as to what more could be added than what we already have. o.o; Unless you're talking about "Search with usernames starting/ending with:" that kind of thing, to go into more specifics about the usernames themselves, to make searching easier, in a sense.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Ah, OK. I totally get what y'all are saying about it being abused. I've seen it happen on other boards; I was totally super awesome and fabulous (like I am now, j/k) and people negrep'd me to the point where I was 56% negative and 44% positive, simply because they didn't like my server reviews bashing their server of choice, or they didn't like my opinion, or they didn't like me bashing them when they bashed me / a buddy first.

It's a completely biased system.

However~

If you can only positive rep, then that's sweet :D 'cause then everyone is happy and you feel loved and you just get all fuzzies ♡ I'd positive rep someone not just for their post, but to make them feel nice, which imo is a good thing regardless.

Anyway, I'll stick by what's being said about the Oekaki. Promote or abolish.

Also, reviewing the CP about post comments (thought it was Rep-related) helped me realize that Pika left me a post message lol Yay for it not being negative, like the other five.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Rep system should stay dead. Kill the Oekaki. I've been here five years and still don't even know what it is. Social groups don't need to return either. The fan clubs and Pokemon groups do a wonderful job and social groups would just take away from them again.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Good grief, please let the rep system rot in the pits of hell. That thing was never a good idea, and never will be. Even if we only gave positive rep, it'd still be abused imo. I'd rather likes then positive rep.

Also, pretty much bandwagoning in regards to Oekaki. Same as Syd, I've been around for roughly the same amount of time and don't know what it is.
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:46 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
To me, it seems the Social Groups were used even more than the Oekaki. Ever since I registered here almost 4 years ago, I have yet to see one thread promoting some kind of activity of the Oekaki. If anything, I'd actually trade the Social Groups for the Oekaki. One seems to just be more active than the other... As was stated earlier by Harlequin.
I thought it was weird to have something that inactive "alive" also. Can we get rid of it? Might free up the interwebs a bit.

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Page breakdown and YouTube videos are a must. >:3

Otherwise I think they're all accessory features. The links at the top I didn't vote to keep just because of the Oekaki, which is unfortunately as dead as they come right now. I second the motion of replacing that with the server. Sorry Oekaki users!
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Sorry Oekaki users!
but there aren't any oekaki users to say sorry to
Old April 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Went
With added juicycles

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:

If you can only positive rep, then that's sweet :D 'cause then everyone is happy and you feel loved and you just get all fuzzies ♡ I'd positive rep someone not just for their post, but to make them feel nice, which imo is a good thing regardless.
That's why we have likes. Because they can only be positive!

The "post comments" are supposed to be rep but without keeping a counter that can be abused- it's entirely private between the one giving and the one receiving.

(Also the Oeakaki thing does merit a discussion tbh. What is its purpose? I still don't know and I think I should be aware...)
Old April 27th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

I knew Steve wouldn't approve the oekaki's removal so I didn't bother listing it here. As he owns everything related to PC in the end it's his decision, so.. yeah.
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Went
With added juicycles

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
But it could certainly be repurposed or somehow improved so it gets more activity, right?
Old April 27th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
When viewing a forum, it actually is helpful to see if you have maybe posted in the thread before. It's really neat that you can see how many posts you have in a thread and even when the last one was made, by hovering over the extra thread image.

Thread icons are a bit more redundant, perhaps, but it is fun for some and useful for making your thread stick out a little. BUT maybe revamp the thread icons a little? Why not have pokémon icons on a pokémon forum? :) The smileys are ugh but the ghosts that may or may not still be there from halloween was fun. They don't even need to be animated; it's probably nicer to look at the forum if there are not a lot of moving icons there (I'm looking at you, Duskull).

But yeah, I would like it if one row of images was removed. Now we have both extra thread images and the thread icons. It's pretty irrelevant to know if a thread is "hot" or not. The only nice thing from the extra images is the hovering function so if that could be applied to the thread icon instead (and the icons revamped) it would be perfect!

Also I love that the "currently active users viewing this thread" is back! Hope it is to stay.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old April 27th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
But it could certainly be repurposed or somehow improved so it gets more activity, right?
It could, but as I said to someone else earlier, reviving the Oekaki is like trying to bail out a sinking Titanic. It just doesn't seem feasible.

Why I say this, is because the latest news posts are from 2006. That's 7 years ago. And they're by Master Kwesi Nkromah who almost never comes online anymore (Except to check and see how awesome PC is doing). The Featured Art piece, "Celebi green bg" done by Yoshikkko, which shows up on the Art & Design board, has been like that for a long time. I don't think I've ever seen it change once. And that piece was done almost 2 years ago. And looking at the 5 latest submissions, here are the dates:

1. April 23rd 2013 (This is just a few days ago. But...)
2. December 6th 2012 (This is like, almost 5 months ago.)
3. October 26th 2012 (This is 6 months and 1 day ago.)
4. August 31st 2012 (Okay, 7 months or so. But then...)
5. March 23rd 2012 (This is over a year ago.)

So basically, 4 submissions to the Oekaki in one year. 365 days and 4 submissions. That's one submission every 3 months, or every 90 days. I hate to say it, but the Oekaki is pretty much dead.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hardly worth the trouble, I think.
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
When viewing a forum, it actually is helpful to see if you have maybe posted in the thread before. It's really neat that you can see how many posts you have in a thread and even when the last one was made, by hovering over the extra thread image.
Almost forgot about this and I hope it stays because sometimes (like in OVP) I forget which threads I've already replied to.
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
LET'S SEE
  • I don't know, I've always wanted to post in there, but I suck at art, so…:P
  • I've actually tried being on there a couple times, but it just seems so…"old". I mean, if you guys managed to actually update the skins or something once in a while it would be better and more attractive. I know you guys have more magical things to attend to, so I don't blame ya.
  • The staff isn't very interested. Maybe try getting someone who's interested? Then again……………

I'll think of more when I find some more, but it seems that the only options are to money-hire (like a job at a store or something) someone to get it back on track, or to have everyone magically awesome at art, so I don't know. But try if you will.

AND STEVE I KNOW I DON'T EVEN FALL INTO THE "PEOPLE YOU LISTEN TO" CATEGORY BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT ON I SUGGEST THAT YOU HELP OUT WITH THE RESTRUCTURING, ETC. /banned

Old April 27th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
We've tried that about 3-4 times in the past, although to be fair I think the last time we tried was something like 2005. <_< But oekaki just aren't relevant on the internet anymore. Even when we first implemented it, the application was on its way out as far as popularity and usage goes.

tumblrtwitter

Old April 27th, 2013, 09:18 AM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
I think the A&D section far fulfills what the Oekaki could provide, and since the last revitalization seemed to be in 2005, as Erica said, there doesn't seem to be a point in trying to revive it again. Nobody uses it and that's a blatantly obvious fact.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old April 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
I think the A&D section far fulfills what the Oekaki could provide, and since the last revitalization seemed to be in 2005, as Erica said, there doesn't seem to be a point in trying to revive it again. Nobody uses it and that's a blatantly obvious fact.
...Not to mention I don't think anyone can even register on it. I signed up to see what else there was on it. I've been waiting for a confirmation email for about 4 hours now.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old April 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I think the oekaki's beyond saving, unfortunately. Trying to revive it doesn't seem like something worthwhile, especially when we can instead use that time to work on other features, when there are already lots of Pokemon-based oekakis that have many members and frequent updates. It's a great feature for some artists but I just don't think our community's interest in it is high enough to warrant trying to fix. v_v; Programs like Paint Tool SAI and deviantART for uploading art's a lot more popular nowadays, too.

Anyway, I cast my votes yesterday but... I accidentally voted for what I wanted to see removed. Sorry! That's what happens when I vote right before going out. :(

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here