The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

View Poll Results: Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed
Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum 124 34.16%
"Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views 140 38.57%
Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten this to just first/last) 254 69.97%
Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachments/if you're subscribed/etc. 139 38.29%
Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc. 139 38.29%
"Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other social media 60 16.53%
Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"? 113 31.13%
The calendar. 'nuff said. 66 18.18%
Instant messenger icons in posts 76 20.94%
Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images 154 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 27th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
Not removing the oekaki.. sorry.
Do you mind explaining why though?

It's completely irrelevant to the forums today, no one uses it, and even the members are okay with having it removed. Plus, the Art & Design forum pretty much fulfills whatever purpose the Oekaki once had. Social Groups, an inactive part of PC yet used more frequently than the Oekaki were removed due to the same reasons, so why are we keeping the Oekaki around still? Unless there's a really good reason behind it, I don't see the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
But it could certainly be repurposed or somehow improved so it gets more activity, right?
Like Nick said, I don't even think it's worth the time and effort.
Old April 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Antemortem
[INSERT A PROFOUND TRUTH]

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I'm fine with being told it won't be removed if there's sound reason.
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
About the Oekaki being removed or not.. is there any actual harm in just keeping it there? It's hosted somewhere apart from PC so it's not causing server stress or anything is it?

I mean.. if Steve wants it to stay, it's gonna stay, but I don't see anything wrong with it staying. I guess it can look a bit disorganized since it's so outdated but.. if there isn't any harm in it then.. guess it doesn't reeaallly matter either way.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

I don't think 'underuse' or 'lack of demand' is itself a valid reason to remove anything. I voted constructively anyway, but that's my stance.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
I don't think 'underuse' or 'lack of demand' is itself a valid reason to remove anything. I voted constructively anyway, but that's my stance.
Well, considering the server is kinda slow, maybe removing some features would be a good idea.

Old April 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Now that I know what Oekaki is, I think of it the same as I do with the social groups we used to have, only Oekaki is used far less than the social groups were. But those took away from Fan Clubs/Pokemon Groups, and although Oekaki isn't taking away from A&D, it's still better to just use A&D for your art needs and postings. Oekaki doesn't serve a purpose anymore.

I mean, if it has to stay, then whatever, it's not a huge deal, but like Shivi, I would love to be given a good reason for it to stay. Because really, what's the point in it?
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Well, considering the server is kinda slow, maybe removing some features would be a good idea.
Then that would make the reason more than simply 'underuse' — which is fine.
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
About the Oekaki being removed or not.. is there any actual harm in just keeping it there?
I personally think it clutters up the A&D section's index, especially when said section has a large forum splash. While it doesn't hurt to keep it in the Community Links, it's also pointless doing that if it's no longer used.
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Antemortem
[INSERT A PROFOUND TRUTH]

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Perhaps we could find a middle ground in just hiding it from view in A&D like Wolf said. It could still be accessed, but just by a link that's not in plain sight or by direct link. It just shouldn't clutter what it does any longer.
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Kip
Highpaw!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Rash
I'd really like Post Icons to stay on the proviso that they're vastly improved upon (there was a competition a few years ago to redesign them but nothing seemed to happen after that), so they're more Pokémon-related. We could have a lot of fun with those rather than just being the generic vB ones.

Thread images are good - I find them especially useful in forums that have downloads (e.g. ROM Hacks). I'd rather they be kept.

Picture albums should definitely stay (there are hundreds, maybe thousands of photos already uploaded, so it would not make sense to take this away), though it is in dire need of an update; it's still very Web 1.0 if you know what I mean. I use it for my Pokémon artwork/graphic design - there isn't anywhere else I want to put it all.

IM icons - I still use IMs and it is very useful to have the status icons there next to their names. So if I want to talk to one of my friends about a post and on the post it says they're online, I will.

YouTube videos as profile pics - PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THIS. It's probably been said before, but exploiting that feature gives us a really neat profile styling tool - the big transparent space at the top and shifting the name to the right. A lot of freedom for PC's awesome graphic designers.

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
Perhaps we could find a middle ground in just hiding it from view in A&D like Wolf said. It could still be accessed, but just by a link that's not in plain sight or by direct link. It just shouldn't clutter what it does any longer.
As far as A&D is concerned, the Oekaki is dead. We all know that. And for as long as I've been there, I personally haven't seen any demand for it's revival.

Still, I don't want to see it go. :( I do agree with this suggestion though. We can just.. tuck it away somewhere safe, where it's still accessible to members if they desire, but doesn't occupy space anywhere important.
fairy clubac:nl clubpokemon fae

Old April 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
In the past I accidentally broke the oekaki display in A&D and Steve was adamant that it be put back, so chances are that won't be going anywhere.
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Is there any chance at all of Rukario giving a reason as to why? I'd love to get some closure at least :/
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:17 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Is there any chance at all of Rukario giving a reason as to why? I'd love to get some closure at least :/
I would think that it has something to do with nostalgia. I've seen some tweets (sorry!) saying that this has happened in the past and is why this time, though I don't know personally.

Old May 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Instead of removing the 'hot threads' feature, the threshold for a thread to be considered 'hot' should be raised.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
One thing I'd like to mention. When I made this post, I decided to register to check if there was additional stats available to those that are registered. I used my current email, however, it's been over a week and I have yet to see an email from the Oekaki site to confirm my email and account.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
192 for keeping the page breakdown? Really?

I'm going to guess that most have misunderstood what is meant by that, because it's pretty pointless.
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
I posted a screenshot and people still voted for it, so I dunno. :/

At any rate I agree that it's useless. I can't imagine any situation at all where you would want to jump to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th page of a thread while viewing the forum index. @_@
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Wait, what?

I thought the page breakdown was the (1 2 3 4 5.... Last Page) thing you see on the section pages. Isn't it?
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:05 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I actually use it to find some older posts, though that's probably cuz I'm in Trade Corner like 80% of the time 8D

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
I posted a screenshot and people still voted for it, so I dunno. :/

At any rate I agree that it's useless. I can't imagine any situation at all where you would want to jump to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th page of a thread while viewing the forum index. @_@
Where's the screenshot? I went through all the pages in this thread (all ten) and didn't see a screenie nor a hyperlink in one of your posts to a screenie of this "feature."

I voted for it to stay, but I'd take it back if I've misunderstood what it is and it's actually pointless.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
Where's the screenshot? I went through all the pages in this thread (all ten) and didn't see a screenie nor a hyperlink in one of your posts to a screenie of this "feature."

I voted for it to stay, but I'd take it back if I've misunderstood what it is and it's actually pointless.
Here's the image/post in question:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...1&postcount=14

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Oh. Then I stand by my vote. This is a basic feature that I use very often, esp. when I know I've read up to Page 3 I can just click Page 4 without having to wait for PC's horrendous load times x2.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:38 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I don't use it terribly often, but when I know something I'm looking for is on a given page early in a thread and I'm not already in the thread, it's useful.
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
One thing I'd like to mention. When I made this post, I decided to register to check if there was additional stats available to those that are registered. I used my current email, however, it's been over a week and I have yet to see an email from the Oekaki site to confirm my email and account.
I registered when I was modded back in February -- with hopes that I could contribute. I am still waiting for confirmation as well. I figured I had done something wrong. :(
fairy clubac:nl clubpokemon fae

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links